Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Benyon: repeal the hunting act to reduce fox's suffering
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Andy Capp
So in the recent NWN Q&A Benyon believes more foxes have suffered since the hunting act was introduced and he would vote to repeal the act.

What a terd.
newres
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 7 2017, 07:26 AM) *
So in the recent NWN Q&A Benyon believes more foxes have suffered since the hunting act was introduced and he would vote to repeal the act.

What a terd.

Agreed. Knob. With luck he'll lose his seat.
gel
No doubt like Cameron he's fully paid up member of hunting & shooting fraternity.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2017, 08:05 AM) *
Agreed. Knob. With luck he'll lose his seat.

Dream on.
Simon Kirby
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 7 2017, 07:26 AM) *

What a terd.

Fox hunting needs to be consigned to history.
Andy Capp
Voting Lib Dem. I don't like them, but I am not voting for a fox hunter.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 7 2017, 09:13 PM) *

Where's Richard Pryor!!!!
Don't like Benyon. Worst kind of Tory.
The rest... Unelectable.
Will vote. May be a spoilt paper for the 1st time in my life.
Simon Kirby
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 7 2017, 09:13 PM) *

Last I heard Bunting was saying that she had not dismissed the possibility of abstaining on a vote. Has she said more definitively that she opposes fox hunting? Labour's Skirvin is very much opposed to fox hunting, as is Field, the Green candidate.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 7 2017, 10:01 PM) *
Last I heard Bunting was saying that she had not dismissed the possibility of abstaining on a vote. Has she said more definitively that she opposes fox hunting? Labour's Skirvin is very much opposed to fox hunting, as is Field, the Green candidate.

Mine is based the best possibly way I might vote to avoid an overwhelming tory victory. We don't need a labour victory, just not a strong tory one. Although I feel that is what is coming.
je suis Charlie
Fox and chips, wonder if I can hunt them using a range rover? Now that'll be fun! 🐺. I can hang the tails off the rear wiper. Start a new fashion. 🙌. All da ladees be like. 💏. I be like 💃 might see if I can organise leagues an get it televised. Sorted, where me keys an me lamp.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2017, 11:31 PM) *
Fox and chips, wonder if I can hunt them using a range rover? Now that'll be fun! 🐺. I can hang the tails off the rear wiper. Start a new fashion. 🙌. All da ladees be like. 💏. I be like 💃 might see if I can organise leagues an get it televised. Sorted, where me keys an me lamp.

I doubt your shiny Vogue will ever get beyond 5 degrees, let alone muddy. 😋
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 7 2017, 11:37 PM) *
I doubt your shiny Vogue will ever get beyond 5 degrees, let alone muddy. ��

Sport buddy, sport. Its not for getting muddy, its for driving past Aldi and Lidl, show the feckless what they might of got instead of spending their dole money on pizza an special brew. Ahh, good times. Can I interest you in some nice fox fur? Make a nice coat for de missus.
x2lls
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2017, 11:43 PM) *
Sport buddy, sport. Its not for getting muddy, its for driving past Aldi and Lidl, show the feckless what they might of got instead of spending their dole money on pizza an special brew. Ahh, good times. Can I interest you in some nice fox fur? Make a nice coat for de missus.

Great days to be had. The bracing air of the morning, the smell of horsesh1t and antifa masked morons who claim to be lovely cuddly people, yet get violent if you stop their benfits. Yep, just the days for me.
Andy Capp
Make sure your gate operates properly and your CCTV is set to record.
On the edge
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 8 2017, 06:34 AM) *

...another reason why we need a Labour government. If we do, the hunt supporters have said they'd leave the Country.
Berkshirelad
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2017, 11:43 PM) *

Not a real Range Rover then; just a re-bodied Discovery
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Jun 8 2017, 10:01 AM) *
Not a real Range Rover then; just a re-bodied Discovery

Oh, ok then, its a £75k disco. I bow to your (obviously) Superior knowledge.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 8 2017, 06:34 AM) *

So you can get some nice shots as I drive in fluttering me wad at da camera. Ha Range Rover rules, ford just drools.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 10:29 AM) *

With a broken radio. tongue.gif
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 8 2017, 11:36 AM) *
With a broken radio. tongue.gif

👍
On the edge
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 10:54 AM) *
So you can get some nice shots as I drive in fluttering me wad at da camera. Ha Range Rover rules, ford just drools.

Range Rover? oh come on je suis, our copier man has just got one because its better than his Beema for all the bulky bits he has to carry.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 8 2017, 11:49 AM) *
Range Rover? oh come on je suis, our copier man has just got one because its better than his Beema for all the bulky bits he has to carry.

Yeah rite! Still when it's a couple of years old I can give mine to the gardener.
On the edge
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 11:55 AM) *
Yeah rite! Still when it's a couple of years old I can give mine to the gardener.

Got to hand it to you, I wondered why a Land Rover; as tax scams go, it's almost legit! No wonder you don't want Labour shoving up the minimum wage.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 8 2017, 12:30 PM) *
Got to hand it to you, I wondered why a Land Rover; as tax scams go, it's almost legit! No wonder you don't want Labour shoving up the minimum wage.

Silly boy, it's known as 'creative accounting'. 💰
Berkshirelad
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 10:29 AM) *

Not superior knowledge; just ownership of the full-fat gas guzzler version
Turin Machine
QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Jun 9 2017, 01:22 PM) *
Not superior knowledge; just ownership of the full-fat gas guzzler version

That sounds interesting, what is it you drive?
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 9 2017, 01:47 PM) *
That sounds interesting, what is it you drive?

He may not feel the need to brag about his wealth. Not everyone does.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 9 2017, 04:22 PM) *
He may not feel the need to brag about his wealth. Not everyone does.

I was just asking out of interest, still sore are we? Just remember "there's no honour in driving a ford".
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 9 2017, 04:31 PM) *
I was just asking out of interest, still sore are we? Just remember "there's no honour in driving a ford".

I'd rather judge people on their intelligence than the car they drive. Usually the only thing that can be judged about people that brag about their car is that their ***** size very likely to be diminutive. Also, if someone happens to know the model number of the current Mercedes E class, I think we can determine a lot about that person's personality.

Grammar's important too. Ford is a noun.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 9 2017, 06:36 PM) *
Grammar's important too: Ford is a proper noun.

tongue.gif
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 9 2017, 06:36 PM) *
I'd rather judge people on their intelligence than the car they drive. Usually the only thing that can be judged about people that brag about their car is that their ***** size very likely to be diminutive. Also, if someone happens to know the model number of the current Mercedes E class, I think we can determine a lot about that person's personality.

Grammar's important too. Ford is a noun.

I see that having an interest and knowledge of cars is soon to be a crime under Labour then? You really are a sad little man newres. Sad.
Turin Machine
Newres, starting fights in phone boxes since 1984 "The old firm" 😵
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 9 2017, 07:45 PM) *
I see that having an interest and knowledge of cars is soon to be a crime under Labour then? You really are a sad little man newres. Sad.

Leave newres alone. The second coming of JC will have to wait. Unless he crokes b4hand. He is a bit old now....
Anyway May is now in bed with the DUP. Just waiting for Jesus Christ, I mean Jeremy Corbyn to criticise fraternisation with ex terrorist organisations.... laugh.gif
On the edge
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 9 2017, 07:45 PM) *

That's utter rubbish Je Suis and you know it, it's not interest and knowledge of cars to be made a crime, just ownership. Buy a bike; whilst you can.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 9 2017, 08:58 PM) *
That's utter rubbish Je Suis and you know it, it's not interest and knowledge of cars to be made a crime, just ownership. Buy a bike; whilst you can.

Got one, in the garage. Honda CBR.
SirWilliam
Forgive my ignorance but what has the make/model of transport parked in the drive have to do with fox hunting ?
I profess to knowing very little about boxes on rubber wheels but I do have a wider insight into the " the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable " pastime .
In days of yore the landed gentry divided quite happily between the shooting fraternity , who slaughtered every fox in the vicinity so as to raise copious amounts of game birds for the sole purpose of .... shooting them , and the hunting brigade who sought to facilitate the breeding of as many numbers of Vulpes vulpes as possible , for the dubious pleasure of chasing them across a muddy field whilst astride a large piece of horse meat . This " quaint " rural idiosyncrasy existed side by side quite happily, until some left wing activist who probably did not know a fox from a feasant ( sic ), thought it would kick the idle rich in the nether regions by abolishing it .
So £millions of tax payers money was poured into producing a situation where it is illegal to chase a fox with a pack of dogs but not to chase after your dogs who just happen to be chasing a fox . Bloody absurd !!!!
If you wish to prevent animal cruelty then look closer to home .

More wildlife , of all species , are slaughtered on our roads than all the other reasons combined but any suggestion of the automobile being abolished would be met with hoots of derision .
Thank you for the opportunity to express my view , you may now return to the relative safety of your respective 4x4s.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 11 2017, 10:41 AM) *
Forgive my ignorance but what has the make/model of transport parked in the drive have to do with fox hunting ?
I profess to knowing very little about boxes on rubber wheels but I do have a wider insight into the " the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable " pastime .
In days of yore the landed gentry divided quite happily between the shooting fraternity , who slaughtered every fox in the vicinity so as to raise copious amounts of game birds for the sole purpose of .... shooting them , and the hunting brigade who sought to facilitate the breeding of as many numbers of Vulpes vulpes as possible , for the dubious pleasure of chasing them across a muddy field whilst astride a large piece of horse meat . This " quaint " rural idiosyncrasy existed side by side quite happily, until some left wing activist who probably did not know a fox from a feasant ( sic ), thought it would kick the idle rich in the nether regions by abolishing it .
So £millions of tax payers money was poured into producing a situation where it is illegal to chase a fox with a pack of dogs but not to chase after your dogs who just happen to be chasing a fox . Bloody absurd !!!!

More wildlife , of all species , are slaughtered on our roads than all the other reasons combined but any suggestion of the automobile being abolished would be met with hoots of derision .
Thank you for the opportunity to express my view , you may now return to the relative safety of your respective 4x4s.

And why, is there not more outcry regarding the continued slaughter of Mr Badger?
Andy Capp
The position of any particular cruel activity on a cruelty scale, doesn't in my view mean that it should be permisable. That is to say, how cruel an activity is compared to another doesn't justify it.

I see the hunting bill as a class war bill, but that doesn't mean it wasn't credible; however, I do agree there are bigger issues reguards animal welfare than hunting with hounds.
Cognosco
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 11 2017, 11:33 AM) *
The position of any particular cruel activity on a cruelty scale, doesn't in my view mean that it should be permisable. That is to say, how cruel an activity is compared to another doesn't justify it.

I see the hunting bill as a class war bill, but that doesn't mean it wasn't credible; however, I do agree there are bigger issues reguards animal welfare than hunting with hounds.

It may be a good thing St. Theresa was given a bloody nose or we may have ended up with the Tories bringing back hunting the Peasants again! rolleyes.gif
Turin Machine
Thought for today.
Instead of foxes, why not hunt Corbyn clones? Seriously, clone a whole bunch in some vats, dress them in corduroy give them a boring whiney voice and set them loose! Great fun. Any that escape can, like peasants (sorry, meant of course Pheasants). go feral in the woods and headlands.
On the edge
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 11 2017, 10:41 AM) *

Much the same could be said of former townie sports like bear bateing, c0ck fighting etc. Presumably, you and the farming community also resent the cost of stunning your livestock when it is sent for slaughter?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 11 2017, 01:38 PM) *
Much the same could be said of former townie sports like bear bateing, c0ck fighting etc. Presumably, you and the farming community also resent the cost of stunning your livestock when it is sent for slaughter?

No need to worry about stunning. If its Ok for one community its Ok for the British farmer.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 11 2017, 02:28 PM) *
No need to worry about stunning. If its Ok for one community its Ok for the British farmer.

Worrying, you are seeing every problem in terms of Islam, it's taking a hold TDH!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 11 2017, 03:08 PM) *
Worrying, you are seeing every problem in terms of Islam, it's taking a hold TDH!

Who mentioned Islam? Not me. Do you defend this particular practice then?
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 11 2017, 03:11 PM) *
Who mentioned Islam? Not me. Do you defend this particular practice then?

Oh come on TDH! Of course you didn't .....directly.

No I don't condone or defend the practice and to register that joined a group lobbying ministers to get it stopped. Have you? Ironic that the NFU have been arguing about penny returns on milk production but keep quiet about this potential cost saving.
SirWilliam
As far as the animal is concerned it matters not one jot who's name it is killed in , death is death . To place one furry creature in the "protect me " box whilst turning a blind eye to the welfare of his cousin seems a little hypocritical .
To answer those who think the farming community condones the barbarism of the halal slaughterhouse shows how out of touch with reality the average town dweller is . We breed animals for food because we are too damned lazy to go hunting . Vegetarians apart , we are omnivorous as a species and therefore require alarming quantities of protein in the form of meat . The quality of the finished article is directly proportional to the welfare it receives in it's live state and that is only achieved by selfish husbandry , which in turn demands an element of compassion . To then see their hard work simply suffer at the hands of those to ignorant to know different is plainly unacceptable , but outside their control .
Ever wondered where all the songbirds have gone ? Blame the farmer , blame johnny foreigner on the banks of the Mediterranean with his shotgun , even the EU referendum result but how many look at the family cat who has spent the night raiding the surrounding gardens ?
The whole planet is one massive feeding machine and will continue to be so long after we , as a species , have gone the way of the dinosaur .
je suis Charlie
One of the worst things was to ban local slaughter, animals now get packed into trucks in the most appalling conditions only to end their suffering all too often at the hands of some petty little sadist.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 11 2017, 03:27 PM) *
As far as the animal is concerned it matters not one jot who's name it is killed in , death is death . To place one furry creature in the "protect me " box whilst turning a blind eye to the welfare of his cousin seems a little hypocritical .
To answer those who think the farming community condones the barbarism of the halal slaughterhouse shows how out of touch with reality the average town dweller is . We breed animals for food because we are too damned lazy to go hunting . Vegetarians apart , we are omnivorous as a species and therefore require alarming quantities of protein in the form of meat . The quality of the finished article is directly proportional to the welfare it receives in it's live state and that is only achieved by selfish husbandry , which in turn demands an element of compassion . To then see their hard work simply suffer at the hands of those to ignorant to know different is plainly unacceptable , but outside their control .
Ever wondered where all the songbirds have gone ? Blame the farmer , blame johnny foreigner on the banks of the Mediterranean with his shotgun , even the EU referendum result but how many look at the family cat who has spent the night raiding the surrounding gardens ?
The whole planet is one massive feeding machine and will continue to be so long after we , as a species , have gone the way of the dinosaur .

Yeah but Cats are cute to the townie. And foxes.. No fooking clue. The lot. They all want to live in Corbynland. A fantasy land. He is a marxist. Always will be. If he gets in the Country will be like Zimbabwe within a few years.
On the edge
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 11 2017, 03:27 PM) *

So then, this justifies cruelty when it is in their control.

I don't think we are too lazy to go hunting for food anymore than we are too lazy to build bourbon cars to go driving! In fact, probably a majority, have no big issue with anyone hunting for food. Just to spell it out, it's hunting for fun that's the issue.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 11 2017, 03:38 PM) *
So then, this justifies cruelty when it is in their control.

I don't think we are too lazy to go hunting for food anymore than we are too lazy to build bourbon cars to go driving! In fact, probably a majority, have no big issue with anyone hunting for food. Just to spell it out, it's hunting for fun that's the issue.

What's a bourbon car? Sounds delicious, is it a special labour thing? Like "this lane reserved for bourbons only". What will the French say? So many questions, so few answers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.