Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
TallDarkAndHandsome
Toooo many people in the world...

#justsaying
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 26 2020, 11:58 AM) *

#justsaying

One day something will sweep across the planet and that will be that. Read an article a number of years ago that purported that it may well have been a viral pandemic that wiped out the dinosaur, as their resistance was effected by climate change owing to the Chicxulub asteroid.
For asteroid read climate change and start worrying.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 27 2020, 06:55 PM) *
One day something will sweep across the planet and that will be that. Read an article a number of years ago that purported that it may well have been a viral pandemic that wiped out the dinosaur, as their resistance was effected by climate change owing to the Chicxulub asteroid.
For asteroid read climate change and start worrying.

People may laugh but I just acquired 4 surgical face masks. Someone I know works at a company that supplies them and a major ahem online retailer just tried to buy all of them (50000) in one go...presumably so they could rake in a massive profit. They were turned down...
TallDarkAndHandsome
Duplicate
TallDarkAndHandsome
We are all doomed!!!
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 27 2020, 07:20 PM) *
People may laugh but I just acquired 4 surgical face masks. Someone I know works at a company that supplies them and a major ahem online retailer just tried to buy all of them (50000) in one go...presumably so they could rake in a massive profit. They were turned down...

Very doubtful that a surgical mask would offer little more than basic protection from a virulent pathogen. I would be more concerned over the public's laissez faire attitude to seasonal flu vaccination than a hypothetical threat from yet another asian respiratory disease.

Mind you I have been wrong before.......... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 31 2020, 01:46 PM) *
Very doubtful that a surgical mask would offer little more than basic protection from a virulent pathogen. I would be more concerned over the public's laissez faire attitude to seasonal flu vaccination than a hypothetical threat from yet another asian respiratory disease.

Mind you I have been wrong before.......... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Nope you're right. And the flu will kill far more people than this ever will, as will smoking and obesity. Still, fills newspapers
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 31 2020, 05:16 PM) *
Nope you're right. And the flu will kill far more people than this ever will, as will smoking and obesity. Still, fills newspapers

Lots of folk never made it to hospital in wuhan...thousands dead fella.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 31 2020, 10:32 PM) *

Lose a couple of million and I doubt the authorities will worry unduly. The area under observation has a population of 60 million which is comparable to the whole UK, just imagine putting the whole country isolation. Least it would shut queen nicola up for a day or two. laugh.gif
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 31 2020, 10:32 PM) *

More hyperbole, "The death toll from the new virus, which is officially called 2019-nCov, now stands at 259. "

Still, don't let facts get in your way. 😁
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 1 2020, 03:23 PM) *
More hyperbole, "The death toll from the new virus, which is officially called 2019-nCov, now stands at 259. "

Still, don't let facts get in your way. 😁

Us thick brexiteers dont do facts fella. Surely you know that?
Though I did predict Trump, Boris and Brexit.
Next up.... a global pandemic. Maybe not Corona but something else like bird flu... gonna happen. It's a cert. It's in certain peoples "interests"...
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 1 2020, 08:32 PM) *
Us thick brexiteers dont do facts fella. Surely you know that?
Though I did predict Trump, Boris and Brexit.
Next up.... a global pandemic. Maybe not Corona but something else like bird flu... gonna happen. It's a cert. It's in certain peoples "interests"...

Just out of interest, what size tinfoil hat do you take?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 1 2020, 08:51 PM) *
Just out of interest, what size tinfoil hat do you take?

Oh I'm full Carole Cadwalladr mad cat lady mad.
And I dont take myself seriously. 👍
With regards to tinfoil hats, I used to wear one but am now in a full hazmat suit.🤣🤣
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 1 2020, 09:34 PM) *
Oh I'm full Carole Cadwalladr mad cat lady mad.
And I dont take myself seriously. 👍
With regards to tinfoil hats, I used to wear one but am now in a full hazmat suit.🤣🤣

With regards to "not taking yourself to seriously", little doubt you are pleased to know that you are in the company of others who don't either. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
x2lls
Has the somewhat jocular attitude changed yet?
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (x2lls @ Feb 26 2020, 03:55 AM) *

Not much, wait! Thinks Haz tickly throat! Oh Noes! Is dyin! Stayz in bed for two weekz.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (x2lls @ Feb 26 2020, 03:55 AM) *

Hello, thought you had gone on a long term sabbatical. As you can see we are still taking issues aired very seriously, especially those that effect my pension.
On the matter of coronavirus, anyone would think bubonic plague was rampaging across the planet. More people have died on Italian roads in the corresponding period than from this virus but no one suggests closing the autostrade.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 26 2020, 01:06 PM) *
Hello, thought you had gone on a long term sabbatical. As you can see we are still taking issues aired very seriously, especially those that effect my pension.
On the matter of coronavirus, anyone would think bubonic plague was rampaging across the planet. More people have died on Italian roads in the corresponding period than from this virus but no one suggests closing the autostrade.

Was on the tube today and wiped my forehead and let our a little cough. Suddenly had some extra room...😂
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 27 2020, 04:06 PM) *
Was on the tube today and wiped my forehead and let our a little cough. Suddenly had some extra room...😂

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Never thought I would say this, but, can we have the brexit debate back, pleasy please. rolleyes.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 27 2020, 06:13 PM) *

Never thought I would say this, but, can we have the brexit debate back, pleasy please. rolleyes.gif

Plenty of tubers wearing masks today. Think it's quite a good idea. Not for Corona but overall...the amount of illness I have picked up on public transport....👍
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 27 2020, 06:13 PM) *

St Barts students just got back from North Italy.... #justsaying

https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/news/29...y-hospital.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51684624

Waits for town to be "quarantined"...

spartacus
https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/news/29...oronavirus.html

#justsaying...
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (spartacus @ Mar 2 2020, 01:46 PM) *

Bit of profiteering going on as well...face masks and gels have spiralled in price...what I don't get is this...if some of the let's call them criminal element get it (mildly) in city centres and they decide to start looting etc...who is going to stop them? We ain't China and I can just imagine the hissy fit the left would throw if they took punitive action (see China)...
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 3 2020, 09:31 PM) *
Bit of profiteering going on as well...face masks and gels have spiralled in price...what I don't get is this...if some of the let's call them criminal element get it (mildly) in city centres and they decide to start looting etc...who is going to stop them? We ain't China and I can just imagine the hissy fit the left would throw if they took punitive action (see China)...

Anarchy! Complete breakdown of society with the country being run by the military followed quickly by civil war and ultimate demise of the human race.
Or, Boris can come up with a plan and everything in the garden will be roses. One of these is scenarios is a banker as they say. cool.gif
je suis Charlie
Bunkers built, toilet rolls and sanitiser stocked up on, new attack dogs slowly being starved, razor wire installed, machine gun post built on the top of the summer house, just a few last Claymores to go in aaand, we're ready. Come get some!!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 4 2020, 02:44 PM) *
Bunkers built, toilet rolls and sanitiser stocked up on, new attack dogs slowly being starved, razor wire installed, machine gun post built on the top of the summer house, just a few last Claymores to go in aaand, we're ready. Come get some!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51731422

😷🚾⚠️☣😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2020, 05:15 PM) *

Got a few cases of Corona beer as well, it was going cheap!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 4 2020, 05:41 PM) *
Got a few cases of Corona beer as well, it was going cheap!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail....rink-lager.html

👍😂😂😂
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2020, 06:02 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Anyone who thinks the human race is worth saving is delusional. The pork chop I had for tea had more cranial capacity than half of america combined, but who am I to judge. rolleyes.gif
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 26 2020, 11:58 AM) *

#justsaying

It's the elderly that are most at risk so should be a rebalance of politics.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 5 2020, 12:16 PM) *

Forgive my ignorance but weren't the old young once? I know I was and my political viewpoint has have not changed that much.
James_Trinder
There have been a few posters put up in my office instructing on exactly how to wash hands and also to avoid spitting.
newres
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 5 2020, 12:36 PM) *
Forgive my ignorance but weren't the old young once? I know I was and my political viewpoint has have not changed that much.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articl...eneral-election
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 5 2020, 01:13 PM) *

Good oh, still by the time your lot gets in you'll be in the blue rinse brigade.
James_Trinder
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 5 2020, 03:53 PM) *
Good oh, still by the time your lot gets in you'll be in the blue rinse brigade.

I wouldn't count your chickens on that. Keir Starmer is actually fairly electable so if they chose him rather than one of the other two then they might actually have a slim chance of being elected in 2024.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 5 2020, 03:53 PM) *

Maybe,just maybe, those who traditionally vote Tory and possibly have a better standard of living tend to live longer than those who struggle and would probably support labour. It's by no means an exact science but it would be interesting to know if anyone has done research.

Now I suppose the left will accuse me of all sorts of heinous thinking and demand a public inquiry, but it's a thought.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Mar 5 2020, 04:16 PM) *
I wouldn't count your chickens on that. Keir Starmer is actually fairly electable so if they chose him rather than one of the other two then they might actually have a slim chance of being elected in 2024.

Corbyn had a cult following remember? Centre stage at Glasto, "Oh Jeremy Corbyn", "we're gonna change British politics forever", We're ready to govern, just hand us the keys", remember all that? Worst showing in three generations.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 5 2020, 12:16 PM) *

Sounds like you are almost hoping for a cull of the old. Sad. Bigly. Crazy Newres!
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 5 2020, 06:16 PM) *
Sounds like you are almost hoping for a cull of the old. Sad. Bigly. Crazy Newres!

We have to die of something. This way the intellectually challenged can pat themselves on the back and blame the "rabid right". rolleyes.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 5 2020, 06:59 PM) *
We have to die of something. This way the intellectually challenged can pat themselves on the back and blame the "rabid right". rolleyes.gif

Even though the poorest and oldest will be the ones that die...still if it helps Newres feel better about Brexit... 👍
Biker1
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 5 2020, 03:13 PM) *

Proves the point......"the older you get, the wiser you get!" tongue.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 6 2020, 06:08 AM) *

Have you listened to the people that have recovered. 6 or 7 weeks later and they are still struggling. Why have we heard nothing on the possible longterm effects?? And is this really why China went all out to contain it. In a society like China losing a couple of million old folk ain't gonna cause a problem. 100 million young people inacapiciated and unable to work for a prolonged period is...🙄
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 6 2020, 06:08 AM) *

The younger you are, the stupider you are.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 6 2020, 10:11 PM) *

How old is Newres?😂
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 6 2020, 10:11 PM) *

I think that is a given but what is of more concern is the singular lack of intelligence gained as they age. When we allow parents to ignore medical advice on infant vaccination programmes or the elderly refuse the seasonal flue jab because they choose to listen to "social media" instead of using an element of common sense, it shows how "thick" society remains irrespective of age.

Now before some clever clogs points out the obvious on viral infections one should remember that TB was eradicated in this country and now it's returned, measles the same, but through sheer ignorant stupidity we are facing a new threat which may or may not wipe out all mammals on the planet, (it is after all a zoonotic virus which means having come across from animals to humans it is just as likely to be carried around by your pet pooch). And all this is down to ignorance when we have the knowledge at our fingertips to prevent such outbreaks in the first place.

The virus itself has no such problem and is quite happy to live anywhere. dry.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 7 2020, 11:54 AM) *
I think that is a given but what is of more concern is the singular lack of intelligence gained as they age. When we allow parents to ignore medical advice on infant vaccination programmes or the elderly refuse the seasonal flue jab because they choose to listen to "social media" instead of using an element of common sense, it shows how "thick" society remains irrespective of age.

Now before some clever clogs points out the obvious on viral infections one should remember that TB was eradicated in this country and now it's returned, measles the same, but through sheer ignorant stupidity we are facing a new threat which may or may not wipe out all mammals on the planet, (it is after all a zoonotic virus which means having come across from animals to humans it is just as likely to be carried around by your pet pooch). And all this is down to ignorance when we have the knowledge at our fingertips to prevent such outbreaks in the first place.

The virus itself has no such problem and is quite happy to live anywhere. dry.gif

The virus is already mutating. A second much more dangerous edition is already spreading... it won't kill the world but it will be like a Spanish flu. Was always coming.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 8 2020, 08:40 PM) *
The virus is already mutating. A second much more dangerous edition is already spreading... it won't kill the world but it will be like a Spanish flu. Was always coming.

Darned foreigners, despite exiting Europe we are still getting the little blighters arriving on our shores. On a serious note I would be interested to know why Italy is taking such a battering. No obvious reason why and it's inhabitants supposedly have a good diet, (according to my GP anyway), so I can only conclude that they live in close proximity to their elderly relatives who are more susceptible.

But of course they haven't got a prime minister to instruct on hand washing technique. rolleyes.gif

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 9 2020, 05:47 PM) *
Darned foreigners, despite exiting Europe we are still getting the little blighters arriving on our shores. On a serious note I would be interested to know why Italy is taking such a battering. No obvious reason why and it's inhabitants supposedly have a good diet, (according to my GP anyway), so I can only conclude that they live in close proximity to their elderly relatives who are more susceptible.

But of course they haven't got a prime minister to instruct on hand washing technique. rolleyes.gif

Italians are very personal in interactions...kissing a lot etc. This might be partly why. On a lighter note the Germans have issued new sex instructions..

😂😂
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 9 2020, 06:09 PM) *
Italians are very personal in interactions...kissing a lot etc. This might be partly why. On a lighter note the Germans have issued new sex instructions..

😂😂

Brilliant!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Always rely on the Germans to take a practical position. So snogging Italians is off my revised bucket list along with my annual visit to "Helga" but my immediate problem is how do I purchase toilet rolls without running the vitriolic diatribe of my fellow shoppers?

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 9 2020, 06:25 PM) *
Brilliant!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Always rely on the Germans to take a practical position. So snogging Italians is off my revised bucket list along with my annual visit to "Helga" but my immediate problem is how do I purchase toilet rolls without running the vitriolic diatribe of my fellow shoppers?

There seem to be plenty of people ****ting themselves so I guess this is why we have a run on bog roll. Not quite sure what they expect it to do! Quite amazing..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.