Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CoronaVirus
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 21 2020, 05:47 AM) *
I’ve a question for the Tory voters. How do you think the government is doing at the moment?

Very well indeed.

TallDarkAndHandsome
I’ve a question for the Tory voters. How do you think the government is doing at the moment?

https://mobile.twitter.com/YouGov/status/1252232764096516097

Highest % of the projected vote in political history. So I guess most people think ok.
SirWilliam

Admittedly they were slow of the mark but half of our ills are down to the fact that the populace were even slower to adopt the distancing rules. We have all seen it and we are suffering the consequences. This virus "loves" high population densities and because of the incubation period of between one and two weeks little wonder it's become so virulent.
Would Corbyn and co have handled it better? Take notice of Starmer's contribution to the war effort and weep.
Turin Machine
https://mobile.twitter.com/emilyhewertson
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 21 2020, 07:36 AM) *
https://mobile.twitter.com/YouGov/status/1252232764096516097

Highest % of the projected vote in political history. So I guess most people think ok.

I think Johnson will be lucky to survive this. It’s been disastrous. Most people I’ve spoken to are appalled.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 21 2020, 08:19 PM) *
I think Johnson will be lucky to survive this. It’s been disastrous. Most people I’ve spoken to are appalled.

Far be it for me to defend any government let alone this but one has to ask serious questions of those who's job it is to co-ordinate the logistics surrounding this little glitch in our otherwise sanitised lives.
Who told HMG that we had ample supplies of PPE when it is patently obvious we never did?
Who "conveniently" overlooked that the most vulnerable, ie those in nursing homes, would need the most protection?
Who allowed supermarkets to initially allow people to clear the shelves at the expense of the elderly, and by doing so encourage long queues to form in contrary of the distancing advice?

The list is endless and most of these issues should have been raised by senior civil servants so the respective minister could act accordingly.

If evidence comes to light that the government was well aware then your analogy will be correct and they are deserving of all our vitriol, but I think they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 21 2020, 09:21 PM) *
Far be it for me to defend any government let alone this but one has to ask serious questions of those who's job it is to co-ordinate the logistics surrounding this little glitch in our otherwise sanitised lives.
Who told HMG that we had ample supplies of PPE when it is patently obvious we never did?
Who "conveniently" overlooked that the most vulnerable, ie those in nursing homes, would need the most protection?
Who allowed supermarkets to initially allow people to clear the shelves at the expense of the elderly, and by doing so encourage long queues to form in contrary of the distancing advice?

The list is endless and most of these issues should have been raised by senior civil servants so the respective minister could act accordingly.

If evidence comes to light that the government was well aware then your analogy will be correct and they are deserving of all our vitriol, but I think they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Should we have locked down in January. Yes.
Should we have closed the borders to all traffic apart from trade. Yes.
Would the government have been called "racists" and "dictators" by the #fbpe cult and all the left wing commentators. Yes.

The pandemic has shed a light on the disaster that is globalisation.
It has also shed a light on how poor most of the world are in dealing with such an outbreak.

The WHO need to not accept any stories from states about pathogens / viruses as well and visit ground zero when these things hit. China did lie. And the WHO bought it.

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 21 2020, 08:19 PM) *

Well thankfully, the opinions of the kind of left wing window licking soschuul meja haunting idiots you're likely to know bare little weight and even less importance.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 21 2020, 09:48 PM) *
Should we have locked down in January. Yes.
Should we have closed the borders to all traffic apart from trade. Yes.
Would the government have been called "racists" and "dictators" by the #fbpe cult and all the left wing commentators. Yes.

The pandemic has shed a light on the disaster that is globalisation.
It has also shed a light on how poor most of the world are in dealing with such an outbreak.

The WHO need to not accept any stories from states about pathogens / viruses as well and visit ground zero when these things hit. China did lie. And the WHO bought it.

Strawman. No one suggested closingBorders in January.

Should they have joined the EU PPE and ventilator scheme? - Yes.
Would locking down a week earlier have saved thousands of lives? - Yes
Should those that die in care homes be counted as dead? - Yes
Are we continuing to allow thousands into the country a day unchecked? - Yes
Should Boris Johnson have attended Cobra meetings sooner? - Yes
Is the truth important? - Yes

You are clearly on the extreme right of politics and buy into conspiracy nonsense.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 21 2020, 11:49 PM) *
Well thankfully, the opinions of the kind of left wing window licking soschuul meja haunting idiots you're likely to know bare little weight and even less importance.

You forgot 'remoaner", by the way.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 22 2020, 05:49 AM) *
Strawman. No one suggested closingBorders in January.

Should they have joined the EU PPE and ventilator scheme? - Yes.
……..Looks as if we did join, misinformation reflects badly on Civil Service

Would locking down a week earlier have saved thousands of lives? - Yes
Hindsight is always 20/20; and 'thousands' is an ungrounded number; misinformation again.

Should those that die in care homes be counted as dead? - Yes
They are, but in the formal national statistics. The 'hospital' number is for fast accurate comparator use and an international standard. Great pity we don't teach statistics and interpretation at school. WHO said testing is critical, testing is pointless without fast comparable and reasonably accurate statistics. The sluggish behaviour of the national statistics operation again reflects badly on the Civil Service.

Are we continuing to allow thousands into the country a day unchecked? - Yes
Really? ...and 'thousands'

Should Boris Johnson have attended Cobra meetings sooner? - Yes
Why? Johnson is actually being Prime Minister, something we've needed for a long time. The operation of Government is working very well and Ministers are now stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility

Is the truth important? - Yes
YES, and something that this crisis has shown is lacking in those who are actually paid to seek and defend it. The BBC and Guardian type reporting which has so damaged our political life should now be held to account. They are not the opposition; job in an emergency is to explain.

You are clearly on the extreme right of politics and buy into conspiracy nonsense.
Generally where there is a very serious threat to the state, parties come together. The paucity of thought and lack of leadership even now, in our opposition parties means this hasn't happened.

It seems we have been bounced into good governance but that has revealed the dire state of our politics and even more sadly, our senior civil service.

newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 22 2020, 06:54 AM) *

Oh dear. No hope for you at all. I can tell you that most ordinary folk don’t see it the way you do.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 22 2020, 07:53 AM) *
Oh dear. No hope for you at all. I can tell you that most ordinary folk don’t see it the way you do.

I'll just leave this here...

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articl...ab-32-16-17-apr

How DO YOU define most? Most in your social media echo chamber by chance???

SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 22 2020, 08:15 AM) *

You can't argue with that can you. Strangely the two parties that one would expect to monopolise the media with their particular doctrine on the current position, the Limp Dems and Greens, are conspicuous by their absence, and as this poll shows are losing what little ground they held.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 22 2020, 07:53 AM) *

These would be the same 'ordinary folk' who voted for Brexit then, oh and then reinforced that by giving the left the worst result since WW2. Those folk?
SirWilliam
An interesting development.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more...us-zoo-11977342

Next thing we know will be millions of moggies being abandoned. rolleyes.gif This doesn't surprise me and I wonder why other species have not been identified as carriers but I guess we are so concerned with testing ourselves that the animal kingdom get's overlooked.
Most virus are species specific and only pose a problem when the mutate and subsequently cross the boundary but if covid 19 is shown to be endemic across all mammals then it's going to be a long year.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 23 2020, 08:58 AM) *
An interesting development.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more...us-zoo-11977342

Next thing we know will be millions of moggies being abandoned. rolleyes.gif This doesn't surprise me and I wonder why other species have not been identified as carriers but I guess we are so concerned with testing ourselves that the animal kingdom get's overlooked.
Most virus are species specific and only pose a problem when the mutate and subsequently cross the boundary but if covid 19 is shown to be endemic across all mammals then it's going to be a long year.

Really? I call this bull**** clickbaitery. You watch, pretty soon it's going to be the fault of space lizards from dimension zero. People already believe it's caused by 5G so why not?
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 23 2020, 10:00 AM) *
Really? I call this bull**** clickbaitery. You watch, pretty soon it's going to be the fault of space lizards from dimension zero. People already believe it's caused by 5G so why not?

Which bit do you consider bovine excrement? The bit that says that once a virus takes on zoonotic properties it is a one way passage? Or the fact that this has come from the States where conspiracy theories abound?
I certainly am not suggesting that this came from anywhere other than SE China or is being transmitted by all warm blooded animals but if we infect our pets / farm animals etc then we have a real problem. Ask yourself how a tiger which is obviously in captivity managed to become infected? Only one answer and one we should not ignore.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 23 2020, 11:21 AM) *
Which bit do you consider bovine excrement? The bit that says that once a virus takes on zoonotic properties it is a one way passage? Or the fact that this has come from the States where conspiracy theories abound?
I certainly am not suggesting that this came from anywhere other than SE China or is being transmitted by all warm blooded animals but if we infect our pets / farm animals etc then we have a real problem. Ask yourself how a tiger which is obviously in captivity managed to become infected? Only one answer and one we should not ignore.

Go and get your patches!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/...ing-coronavirus

SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 23 2020, 04:33 PM) *

Maybe the virus prefers a "healthy" host? I can see no scientific reasoning other than, as the report mentioned, that the bronchial tube cells having become coated in tar are less receptive to viral attachment. Bring back tobacco advertising.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 22 2020, 08:15 AM) *

I don't have an echo chamber at all actually. I'd say a couple of things though. There's a tendency to rally round the flag in times of crisis. Also - the truth will out. Hancock yesterday was spouting about the new approach of test, track & trace as if it's their idea. The WHO and other leading scientists were telling the government this approacgh combined with an early lockdown in Feb would save lives. Did 25-30,000 people have to die to prove the government were wrong? It was obvious to anyone that applied their mind to it. The **** up will become evident to most normal folk eventually. Don't forget that the press have now turned on Johnson.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 24 2020, 07:00 AM) *
I don't have an echo chamber at all actually. I'd say a couple of things though. There's a tendency to rally round the flag in times of crisis. Also - the truth will out. Hancock yesterday was spouting about the new approach of test, track & trace as if it's their idea. The WHO and other leading scientists were telling the government this approacgh combined with an early lockdown in Feb would save lives. Did 25-30,000 people have to die to prove the government were wrong? It was obvious to anyone that applied their mind to it. The **** up will become evident to most normal folk eventually. Don't forget that the press have now turned on Johnson.

You should know by now that politicians in general and ministers in particular do not speak the same language as the rest of us. Most of the delay in testing was down to to the fact that the system was quite simply not in place to roll out across the land, but of course they were not going to admit that so when they say "we followed the scientific advice", please read "consecutive governments have failed dismally in preparing for something that regularly occurs but we had other things on our mind". Remember politicians are pretty obtuse or they wouldn't put themselves forward for a job that has more risks than the Somme in '16.
I still blame senior civil servants who's position is to advise but obviously they were more concerned with the honours and fat pension awaiting them.
The WHO has not come out of this with glowing colours either. angry.gif
je suis Charlie

Meanwhile, Labours efforts to defeat the pandemic,

BBC News - Coronavirus: Doreen Lawrence to head Labour probe on minorities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52405243

They'll be opening committees next to identify its gender. 🤣🤣🤣
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 24 2020, 11:40 AM) *
Meanwhile, Labours efforts to defeat the pandemic,

BBC News - Coronavirus: Doreen Lawrence to head Labour probe on minorities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52405243

They'll be opening committees next to identify its gender. 🤣🤣🤣

Of course this virus is a card carrying member of the white supremacy group and the fact that minority groups are paying the ultimate price for it's racist bigotry is unacceptable. FFS!!! What with this obtuse bovine and the president of america suggesting salvation may come in the form of a daily dose of domestos is it any wonder we are struggling to cope with it. angry.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 24 2020, 12:34 PM) *
Of course this virus is a card carrying member of the white supremacy group and the fact that minority groups are paying the ultimate price for it's racist bigotry is unacceptable. FFS!!! What with this obtuse bovine and the president of america suggesting salvation may come in the form of a daily dose of domestos is it any wonder we are struggling to cope with it. angry.gif

What are they going to do? Check out Covid-19s Instagram , Facebook and Twitter for any signs of right wing tendencies?. You dont need a bloody enquiry to work out why. Larger family groups in inner city densely populated areas, a tendency to be more friendly in greetings, a lack of vitamin D, obesity and a lower average salary resulting in poorer health. There...just saved tens of millions of quid.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 24 2020, 12:34 PM) *

Tim Wetherspoon is rebranding for the pubs to reopen...
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 24 2020, 01:25 PM) *
What are they going to do? Check out Covid-19s Instagram , Facebook and Twitter for any signs of right wing tendencies?. You dont need a bloody enquiry to work out why. Larger family groups in inner city densely populated areas, a tendency to be more friendly in greetings, a lack of vitamin D, obesity and a lower average salary resulting in poorer health. There...just saved tens of millions of quid.

Well of course if you "reasonably" wealthy middle class individuals denoted 80% of your earnings and your house to those poor individuals who have never been given a fair crack of the whip owing to their ethnic background they wouldn't be in this position.
Shame on you middle england. cool.gif
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 24 2020, 01:31 PM) *
Tim Wetherspoon is rebranding for the pubs to reopen...

Thinking of phoning William Hill's to see what sort of odds they are giving for a run on hospital admittance due to an ingestion of drain cleaner.
Mr Brown

Not quite how I recall what was said. In fact, most people I know thought WHO was being unnecessarily obtuse. Hancock is actually doing a pretty good job, trouble is, our media reporters ain't. This morning, the BBCs reporter was deliberately trying to trip him up, woukdn't let him answer fully - so it's pointless having her trying to fulfill BBC duty to inform, rather it's actually dangerous. Sad to see even in this above politics crisis, we still suffer from fake and distorted information from those who purport to be unbiased.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 24 2020, 03:20 PM) *
Not quite how I recall what was said. In fact, most people I know thought WHO was being unnecessarily obtuse. Hancock is actually doing a pretty good job, trouble is, our media reporters ain't. This morning, the BBCs reporter was deliberately trying to trip him up, woukdn't let him answer fully - so it's pointless having her trying to fulfill BBC duty to inform, rather it's actually dangerous. Sad to see even in this above politics crisis, we still suffer from fake and distorted information from those who purport to be unbiased.

I have now reached a point where the two channels offering news at breakfast time are minus one viewer. It doesn't matter how may times the question is answered they still ask "When will the lock down be relaxed?" Or "Why don't we follow other Countries and wear face masks?"
The media have a responsibility to ask relevant questions and equally to relay government advice. The chief medical officer is the chap who has most of the answers so why question his judgement?
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 24 2020, 03:20 PM) *

The problem is the continuous lies from the government. The big one that is going to bite them is the EU procurement shambles where they risked lives for dogma and are now attempting to cover it up.

The fact that “most people you know” share your views on the WHO says more about your circle of friends than the WHO.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 24 2020, 04:28 PM) *
The problem is the continuous lies from the government. The big one that is going to bite them is the EU procurement shambles where they risked lives for dogma and are now attempting to cover it up.

The fact that “most people you know” share your views on the WHO says more about your circle of friends than the WHO.

But still, the polls don't lie. The WHO certainly isn't the infallible beacon of reason that you and others seem to think it is. As for the press? People can see the bias in front of their eyes. Oh, and the polls don't lie.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 24 2020, 04:28 PM) *

The EU procurement scheme is a shambles. Nothing being delivered till 2021. Oh and I'd rather we had our own British owned companies based in GB producing the equipment. Or do you want to outsource everything still to the "globalised" or in other words slave labour world... if the tax payer has to fund it...so be it.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 24 2020, 05:29 PM) *
The EU procurement scheme is a shambles. Nothing being delivered till 2021. Oh and I'd rather we had our own British owned companies based in GB producing the equipment. Or do you want to outsource everything still to the "globalised" or in other words slave labour world... if the tax payer has to fund it...so be it.

The BIG question asked once we return to "normal" is are you prepared to pay in order to have home manufactured products or do wish to continue relying on cheap imports from the far east with it's (now obvious) shortcomings
Of course the irony is that those liberal lefties who advocate a global trading with countries that use a labour force with no legislative protection are the same as those who bang on about the minimum wage which makes our bottom end products uncompetitive .
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 24 2020, 06:28 PM) *
The BIG question asked once we return to "normal" is are you prepared to pay in order to have home manufactured products or do wish to continue relying on cheap imports from the far east with it's (now obvious) shortcomings
Of course the irony is that those liberal lefties who advocate a global trading with countries that use a labour force with no legislative protection are the same as those who bang on about the minimum wage which makes our bottom end products uncompetitive .

Happy to pay fella through tax to prop up loss making manufacturing that is essential. We wouldn't be able to do that in the EU due to unfair competition rules. But we can out of it. 👍
Newres seems to want to continue to employ slave labour in far away lands so he can still get his cheap ****. Not sure who the lefty is anymore and who the right wing capitalist is?😂
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 24 2020, 05:29 PM) *

Fake news. The first deliveries are expected imminently.

Where’s the Dyson and JCB ventilators?
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 24 2020, 07:01 PM) *

Not needed now, thanks to superb handling of crisis. If you're trying to be clever at least keep up. Boy.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 24 2020, 08:01 PM) *

What a moronic wankstain. No news feeds on your council estate then?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 24 2020, 08:01 PM) *

Just in time for Italy and Spain..not...the EU completely cocked up and cant even get there sh1t together on a bailout. Even Verhoftwat has been criticising the EU. That' says it all.👍

newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 24 2020, 08:28 PM) *
Not needed now, thanks to superb handling of crisis. If you're trying to be clever at least keep up. Boy.

Not needed because we're leaving the elderly to die in care homes.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 25 2020, 10:23 AM) *
Not needed because we're leaving the elderly to die in care homes.

Like we always have for the last few decades??
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 25 2020, 10:46 AM) *

All of a sudden the great unwashed and their respected (sic) leaders are showing concern for a group that have been on the receiving end of bugger all over the years, (apart from having their house taken), but now everyone is their guardian angel. Sorry I forgot the bit that limited PPE supplies to the staff but I'm sure that was just an over sight.
The simple fact remains that if social distancing had been rigorously observed we would be out of this by now with a fraction of the deaths but oh no the public aren't that stupid. angry.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 25 2020, 12:47 PM) *
All of a sudden the great unwashed and their respected (sic) leaders are showing concern for a group that have been on the receiving end of bugger all over the years, (apart from having their house taken), but now everyone is their guardian angel. Sorry I forgot the bit that limited PPE supplies to the staff but I'm sure that was just an over sight.
The simple fact remains that if social distancing had been rigorously observed we would be out of this by now with a fraction of the deaths but oh no the public aren't that stupid. angry.gif

Exactly my point. I looked after my elderly Mum for years at home. No way she was going into one of those homes. When she was admitted it was into a rainbow room and she lasted 4 weeks. It pisses me off when these liberal types get all high and mighty about care homes when most of them would put there mothers in a home ar a drop of a hat. I gave up years of my life...as she had spent many years doing the same for me.. I wonder if Newres did or would?
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 25 2020, 10:46 AM) *

Have we had viruses traveling through care homes and wiping out the residents before? How would your parents were in one? I’ve got a 95 year old aunt in one and it’s terrible strain on her family that they can’t see her and she’s very upset and doesn’t understand what’s going on. Have a ******* heart you right wing ****.
newres
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 25 2020, 12:47 PM) *

No. If social distancing were implemented two weeks earlier as recommended we’d be out of it. With thousands less dead.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 25 2020, 04:44 PM) *
Have we had viruses traveling through care homes and wiping out the residents before? How would your parents were in one? I’ve got a 95 year old aunt in one and it’s terrible strain on her family that they can’t see her and she’s very upset and doesn’t understand what’s going on. Have a ******* heart you right wing ****.

Looks like I touched a guilt ridden nerve. Putting sick elderly relatives in homes is always a choice, no matter how poor you are. So **** off yourself you latte drinking, we need foreign labour to serve my coffee at a posh cafe in the morning cu*t. 👍

Is this you in drag?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/...443190294642688

😂😂
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 25 2020, 04:45 PM) *
No. If social distancing were implemented two weeks earlier as recommended we’d be out of it. With thousands less dead.

Do me a favour
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 25 2020, 04:45 PM) *

No, no we wouldn't.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 25 2020, 04:44 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 25 2020, 05:36 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Newres would love this fella...

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdwardJDavey/sta...882262715842560

How much virtue signalling can you do?
I bet he was glued to all the *****rs on #bignitein as well.
Shane a 99 year old fella walked round his garden and raised more money than the tossers in this show..😂😂
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.