Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A plea for sanity.
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Give up Andy; I don't need to prove my case, it has been proven. However, if you wish to see all my receipts I am willing to show you them. Just give me the time and date.

Well the time and date is now, here, why not?
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Why can you not give me some examples? What has risen most in your basket lately? You said you would meet me to show me receipts, so why can you not just give some examples now?

Because I would have to pull out all my receipts to check, where it would be simpler to just show them to you. In other words you can check through them yourself. You've stated you've got no life other than here; I do have a life.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:02 PM) *
Exactly. Nice to see some good sense on here. Including other members who have pointed out Andy Capp's silliness.

What silliness is that. Explain where I have been silly? Some evidence or proof would be good.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:01 PM) *
I edit posts for errors. I see nothing wrong there.

Of course you see nothing wrong; that is the problem.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:02 PM) *
Well the time and date is now, here, why not?

I've explained that above.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Because I would have to pull out all my receipts to check, where it would be simpler to just show them to you. In other words you can check through them yourself. You've stated you've got no life other than here; I do have a life.

Well just grab a few at random. Just a few examples is all. I'm not denying your stance, I would just like to see what you are on about, but I don't want to know enough to bother driving somewhere.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:04 PM) *
What silliness is that. Explain where I have been silly? Some evidence or proof would be good.

Certainly; read back to your posts.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:05 PM) *
I've explained that above.

Well you seem to have enough time to indulge in this bicker over the last few hours (days), surely if your time is that precious it would have been a lot more convenient to have just posted a few examples?
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Well just grab a few at random. Just a few examples is all. I'm not denying your stance, I would just like to see what you are on about, but I don't want to know enough to bother driving somewhere.

No problem; I'll drive to you.

As for grabbing a handful. I've got hundred of receipts. I would have to find the right one going back months. I am quite happy to show you them; but as you requested you can help me sort it out. Fairs fair.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:06 PM) *
Certainly; read back to your posts.

So you have no evidence to show there either. You said people shouldn't slag people off if they cannot back it up. Well go on them. let see the evidence?
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Well you seem to have enough time to indulge in this bicker over the last few hours (days), surely if your time is that precious it would have been a lot more convenient to have just posted a few examples?

Actually I only come on in the evening. Writing is fun, checking through receipts isn't.
stewiegriffin
WOW!!!

2 whole pages in an hour. And all this in a thread entitled 'A plea for sanity'

If anyone just heard a distant explosion, that would be my irony meter exploding.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:09 PM) *
So you have no evidence to show there either. You said people shouldn't slag people off if they cannot back it up. Well go on them. let see the evidence?

But the evidence is there; your posts. Just read back.
GMR
QUOTE (stewiegriffin @ May 27 2012, 10:09 PM) *
WOW!!!

2 whole pages in an hour. And all this in a thread entitled 'A plea for sanity'

If anyone just heard a distant explosion, that would be my irony meter exploding.

That was funny; a bit a humour amongst all this dross lightens the load.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:08 PM) *
No problem; I'll drive to you. As for grabbing a handful. I've got hundred of receipts. I would have to find the right one going back months. I am quite happy to show you them; but as you requested you can help me sort it out. Fairs fair.

The last thing I want to do is meet you. I don't like you. I certainly don't want you knowing where I live. I'm surprised you have all the time to post here over the last couple of days and drive somewhere in Newbury, but don't have the time to look at a few receipts.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:10 PM) *
But the evidence is there; your posts. Just read back.

Well I have and I don't agree, so show me.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:12 PM) *
The last thing I want to do is meet you. I don't like you. I certainly don't want you knowing where I live. I'm surprised you have all the time to post here over the last couple of days and drive somewhere in Newbury, but don't have the time to look at a few receipts.

But as I said; I don't have a few receipts. I've got hundreds going back years/ months. As for where you live; I know where you live. But if you want to meet somewhere else then we'll do that.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Well I have and I don't agree, so show me.

Exactly what do you want me to show you that you can't find yourself?
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Exactly what do you want me to show you that you can't find yourself?

Where I have said something that deserves your abuse and accusation that I have been silly. In truth I've been silly discussing things with you, but I don't see I have been silly over the original topic. Where have I done that?
Andy Capp
QUOTE (GMR @ May 27 2012, 10:13 PM) *
But as I said; I don't have a few receipts. I've got hundreds going back years/ months. As for where you live; I know where you live. But if you want to meet somewhere else then we'll do that.

PM me my address. And the next thing I'd like to know is how you found it.
Strafin
GMR, just give some examples for pete's sake! We don't need proof, just tell us!
Baffers100
QUOTE (Strafin @ May 27 2012, 10:20 PM) *
GMR, just give some examples for pete's sake! We don't need proof, just tell us!

Don't you dare give examples! The playground bully will always find something to call you up on!
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Baffers100 @ May 27 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Don't you dare give examples! The playground bully will always find something to call you up on!

And just who is the bully then...?

GMR - PM my address and tell me how you found it.
Timbo
Oh my god please just give it a ****ing rest. The whole "I know where you live" thing.. come on, talk about playground. Back in the olden days, many 14 year olds going "im track ur IP ad, will crash ur whole pc and kill u".

Sorry but this is far too playgroundish and immature for anyone with half a brain to compute. Steam coming out of my ears.. lol.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Timbo @ May 27 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Oh my god please just give it a ****ing rest. The whole "I know where you live" thing.. come on, talk about playground. Back in the olden days, many 14 year olds going "im track ur IP ad, will crash ur whole pc and kill u".

Sorry but this is far too playgroundish and immature for anyone with half a brain to compute. Steam coming out of my ears.. lol.

Yet I'm the one accused of being the bully!
Timbo
As I see it, you're both as bad as each other. I'm surprised you haven't accused yourself of being the same person. (that was a joke. I have no belief you are the same person.)
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Timbo @ May 27 2012, 11:15 PM) *
As I see it, you're both as bad as each other. I'm surprised you haven't accused yourself of being the same person. (that was a joke. I have no belief you are the same person.)

You've sussed me, I mean us!
Timbo
I see what you did there.
But seriously please give it a break. This is far worse than what the thread was originally complaining about (that is people like Nothing Much and Roger T). Please, give me a 100 of them if it means you two shut arguing about things and it brings a stop to the childish threats.
Andy Capp
Why should I be concerned about what you think or wish? And why, if it irritates you so much, do you post here on this topic? The last thing I am going to do is say, 'oh, OK Tmbo, Baffers100, etc, I'll be quiet because you don't like it'. I am inspired by the fact that GMR has been sniping and having a pop at me for several days now. At least I have kept it to one thread. Like I said already, you are not obliged to tread anything here. If I remember you had a run in with Andywhathisface over something mundane as well. So you aren't exactly 'clean'.

To repeat; I have nothing better to do with my life.
Nothing Much
Sorry , I was dozing . Nothing Much said to anyone still awake.It is almost a new day. Chin up. Be happy.
ce

Timbo
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 27 2012, 11:37 PM) *
Why should I be concerned about what you think or wish? And why, if it irritates you so much, do you post here on this topic? The last thing I am going to do is say, 'oh, OK Tmbo, Baffers100, etc, I'll be quiet because you don't like it'. I am inspired by the fact that GMR has been sniping and having a pop at me for several days now. At least I have kept it to one thread. Like I said already, you are not obliged to tread anything here. If I remember you had a run in with Andywhathisface over something mundane as well. So you aren't exactly 'clean'.

To repeat; I have nothing better to do with my life.

I do agree. You have a right to fight your corner and have been in the same situation now for a while; but the thing is Andywhatshisface is a troll and in part I fuelled his trolling fire by arguing with him, or letting myself get wound up over the chavvy git.
And you're doing the same with GMR. If he/she/it's having a pop at you for days now, like at school, the bully just wants a response. Often, if ignored, they will go away.

But if you have nothing better to do.. then hay.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Timbo @ May 28 2012, 12:17 AM) *
But if you have nothing better to do.. then hay.

wink.gif
HeatherW
I have not been on for awhile so I thought I would pop on and see what is new and what greets me is the same old feuding. At the heart of it is Andy Capp, as always, trying to wind up GMR and he responding. Reading the thread I see Andy Capp being childishly pedantic while GMR allows AC's pedantism to corrupt this thread. But I suppose if AC wants to make a fool of himself then it is his right. But I think people would prefer if he did it by email. Children, and I thought you would have left that at the school gates.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (HeatherW @ May 28 2012, 04:50 PM) *
I have not been on for awhile so I thought I would pop on and see what is new and what greets me is the same old feuding. At the heart of it is Andy Capp, as always, trying to wind up GMR and he responding. Reading the thread I see Andy Capp being childishly pedantic while GMR allows AC's pedantism to corrupt this thread. But I suppose if AC wants to make a fool of himself then it is his right. But I think people would prefer if he did it by email. Children, and I thought you would have left that at the school gates.

You clearly didn't notice the incessant provocation from GMR, did you, but then you are also not bipartisan either, are you?. Your weak attempt to appear neutral doesn't wash with me, and frankly, you are not under any compulsion to read or join in anyway! To do so in the way you do, makes you every bit as childish as the rest of us.

I fail to see anything childish, on a forum, a place for debate, for me to ask someone to give some examples. Yet despite GMR throwing quite a bit of abuse at me, including declaring he knows where I live (which I find particularly sinister and definitely the words of a real bully), I am labelled as the 'criminal'.

Jeez! rolleyes.gif
Penelope
QUOTE (HeatherW @ May 28 2012, 04:50 PM) *

Just leave it Heather, couple of silly boys. Not worth getting involved.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Penelope @ May 28 2012, 05:08 PM) *

Then why do you feel the need to keep sniping and sticking your oar in (I think it is called 'sheet' stirring)? Wouldn't the 'mature' thing to do is to ignore us kids?
Penelope
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 28 2012, 05:11 PM) *
Then why do you feel the need to keep sniping and sticking your oar in (think it is called 'sheet' stirring)? Wouldn't the 'mature' thing to do is to ignore us kids?

I was talking to heather, on a public forum, what's it got to do with you?
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Penelope @ May 28 2012, 05:14 PM) *

Yes it is a public forum; I'm just commenting. Why do you feel the need to participate in an activity you claim is childish, knowing full well it is likely to sponsor a rebuttal? That is more or less trolling, which makes you no better than the rest of us.
Penelope
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 28 2012, 05:20 PM) *
Yes it is a public forum; I'm just commenting. Why do you feel the need to participate in an activity you claim is childish, knowing full well it is likely to sponsor a rebuttal? That is more or less trolling, which makes you no better than the rest of us.

Oh how I wish I owned a forum, just like you apparently own this one.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (Penelope @ May 28 2012, 05:24 PM) *
Oh how I wish I owned a forum, just like you apparently own this one.

Where do you get that idea from? Again, I'm asking a question; I'm not telling you what to do; that is up to you.
HeatherW
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 28 2012, 04:59 PM) *
You clearly didn't notice the incessant provocation from GMR, did you, but then you are also not bipartisan either, are you?. Your weak attempt to appear neutral doesn't wash with me, and frankly, you are not under any compulsion to read or join in anyway! To do so in the way you do, makes you every bit as childish as the rest of us.

I fail to see anything childish, on a forum, a place for debate, for me to ask someone to give some examples. Yet despite GMR throwing quite a bit of abuse at me, including declaring he knows where I live (which I find particularly sinister and definitely the words of a real bully), I am labelled as the 'criminal'.

Jeez! rolleyes.gif

I see you as the childish provocateur here. I also see you trying to justify your actions and failing. Now your playmate is not here you are trying to suck everybody else into your play arena. I think Penelope is right and I suggest everybody listens to her and let Andy Capp amuse himself. I did read a few pages back that this is your only life. I suppose I should feel sorry for you instead of chastising you. You are like a naughty little school boy trying to wind up the bigger kids.
HeatherW

Thank you and I agree. Let Andy Capp amuse himself by talking to himself.
massifheed
QUOTE (HeatherW @ May 28 2012, 05:28 PM) *
I see you as the childish provocateur here.

I don't. I would put that (in this instance) down to you. This particular thread had been all quiet - a good sign that it may have died off - that was until you piped up to insult a forum member. How could you not expect a response? Although I suspect a response was what you were after all along.

It's all very well to have a go at other forum members for their actions, but then you fail to realise (or choose to ignore) that you are guilty of the very thing which you are criticising in others!

rolleyes.gif
Strafin
I think Andy Capp is alright, this has just gotten a bit out of hand, but that is down to more than just him.
massifheed

QUOTE (HeatherW @ May 28 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Thank you and I agree...

Why get involved then?!?!?

massifheed
QUOTE (Penelope @ May 28 2012, 05:14 PM) *

Haha! Not quite grasping the concept of a public forum then?

laugh.gif
massifheed
QUOTE (Strafin @ May 28 2012, 05:46 PM) *
I think Andy Capp is alright, this has just gotten a bit out of hand, but that is down to more than just him.

Agreed. A sober assessment.

Penelope
QUOTE (massifheed @ May 28 2012, 05:46 PM) *

He says, getting involved.
massifheed
QUOTE (Penelope @ May 28 2012, 05:49 PM) *
He says, getting involved.

Yup, it's that whole public forum thing again!

wink.gif

Penelope
QUOTE (massifheed @ May 28 2012, 05:46 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.