Biker1
post May 23 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 23 2011, 09:01 PM) *
You and Biker1 think it OK to deride people's views,

Show me where I have "derided" someone's views.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 23 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 23 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Show me where I have "derided" someone's views.

Actually, I'll take that back, apologise, and amend accordingly. What you tend to do is post your disapproval of topics that don't interest you, e.g. football.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 23 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 23 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Actually, I'll take that back, apologise, and amend accordingly. What you tend to do is post your disapproval of topics that don't interest you, e.g. football.

Yes I'll admit that I did do that on some "football" posts and subsequently apologised.
I now leave that subject alone as promised.
Perhaps you are right in some respects and I should leave well alone subjects that do not interest me.
I tend to do this generally but some topics, such as this one, I find trivial and feel the need to say so.
I will curtail this desire in future unless I can back up with a good argument as to why.
Enough said.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post May 23 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (stormcloud @ May 23 2011, 08:37 PM) *
ah, I've not been here long, but I can see from your exchange with Biker1 above that you, Andy Capp, are a narrow-minded, nasty little troll and I will bow out.

Though we do have a house troll, Andy Caps isn't it. I've found him to be very good at engaging with the argument, and but for his foil there'd be many lonely posts on this forum. It's nice when people agree with your point of view of course, but it's much more helpful when someone takes an opposing view as it just gives you more opportunity to advance your own argument. Do think about staying.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
user23
post May 23 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (stormcloud @ May 23 2011, 08:37 PM) *
ah, I've not been here long, but I can see from your exchange with Biker1 above that you, Andy Capp, are a narrow-minded, nasty little troll and I will bow out.

Biker1, you are a gentleman; don't feed the troll, lol
A standard form practice this.

Call someone you disagree with a troll thus implying that their views don't count, however you don't have to disprove them or you'd be "feeding the troll".

A familiar tactic of a forum wind up merchant.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 23 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 23 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Yes I'll admit that I did do that on some "football" posts and subsequently apologised.
I now leave that subject alone as promised.
Perhaps you are right in some respects and I should leave well alone subjects that do not interest me.
I tend to do this generally but some topics, such as this one, I find trivial and feel the need to say so.
I will curtail this desire in future unless I can back up with a good argument as to why.
Enough said.

To be honest, my 'spotter' quip'' was simply that. It was not intended as an insult or similar, even if it looked like it. If the truth were known, I have been to see Tangmere, although I find it much more of a spectacle when at full steam. It is strange feeling nostalgia for something I never experienced as a child. The first time I ever 'met' a train I was scared witless. I have been train spotting with a form tutor at my junior school, but I didn't catch the bug, as it were.

On topic: while the post might be in error, that is to say, a barely veiled knock at WBC, I think the story itself wasn't so biased. I do concede though, that had it been, this wouldn't be the worst thing they have ever been responsible for.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:48 AM