> Analogue TV Switch off date, Hannington Digital change over
NWNREADER
post Feb 19 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (sherwod @ Feb 19 2011, 07:47 PM) *
Another thing on Digital reseption ,I get a lot of Stutter and Stall ,(Nothing to do with Norman Collier)

he's on at The Palladium tomorrow night!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 19 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Well my digital TV reception is absolutely fine.

I did have problems at first but found these to be caused by issues with my set up.

All I am saying is - if you are having problems it is more than likely that it is your household set up that is at fault (usually the aerial or aerial leads / connectors).

Some people (including me) live in weaker spots for reception but this can usually be cured by installing a stronger aerial, possibly with signal booster.

Just trying to help.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Feb 19 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

I'm no expert, just lay knowledge, but I gather the upside of digital is it can be a much better picture and sound. However the downside is - unlike analogue - it needs a better and more consistent signal. Someone with an adequate analogue signal will not notice they do not have top quality reception as the system makes do. However the digital signal will instantly show the weakness in Pixie Lotted, jerky picture and rotten sound.

It is rarely the TV set faulty. A decent aerial installer will have all the current mapping and will be able to sort the problem (or tell you it is as good as it can be).

Other options are to move or get cable.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:26 PM