IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fighting at Newbury Carnival, Trouble after the carnival.
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Actually not everybody uses smilies when they use irony; why just pick on me?

Simply because no-one else reacts like you do if they are misunderstood. I suggested a smiley so that you can alert people to your 'joke'. I wasn't the only one on here and other threads that have not got your 'jokes'.

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Unless it is personal... blah, blah, blah ...A bit of advice; don’t jump in with both feet in the hope of scoring points; find out what the person is trying to say if you are unable to work it out yourself. That way you might find out it is not as you first thought.

This is what my post would have been like, had I been you and I had just been misunderstood.

QUOTE (GMR)
Iommi, I was actually joking!

My reply would have been something like...

QUOTE (Iommi)
Oops, sorry, it didn't look like it to me.

Sadly, you decided to go overboard and sling abuse at me, despite the fact this is a thread I started and have had a closer interest in than others. Has it not occurred to you that we all don't think, read, understand the same. Terse posts on a forum can look a lot different than what is meant. The metre of your post in question was such that it would be impossible to tell if it were meant seriously or not, so to slag me down for being crass is out of order.

I will say though, I think you are simply back peddling as you probably see for yourself the daftness of what you said. I was not the only person to criticise your comment.

If you genuinely feel I am picking on you, I can assure you I am not. I have to remind you that you post a lot more than other people so it is logical that you are more likely to post something controversial. There have been several posts that you have made that I think are rubbish, but I have remained reticent for the sake of decorum and a general lack of interest in the subject in question. If I were to really post what I think about some of your more 'esoteric' statements, you would really have grounds to think I was targeting you.

If I offend or upset you then I will apologise now, but I will post what I want and if you think I am being abusive, I would ask that you PM me, or report me to the Mods. In fact I insist you do so. You are potentially ruining this thread, if not this forum.

PS - If any of my posts end with a tongue.gif , it is to be treated with a pinch of salt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 9 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

The trouble is you are not me and never will be.

Sadly, you decided to go way overboard and sling abuse at me.

You may say that, but I don’t see it that way. My response was to your constant nitpicking.

Has it not occurred to you that we all don't think, read, understand the same.

That is true, but you seem to be the only one who has a problem with understanding my posts, others interact ok; maybe you are right though and maybe I should have been a bit more tolerant towards you; for that I apologise.

Terse posts on a forum can look a lot different than what is meant. The metre of your post in question was such that it would be impossible to tell if it were meant seriously or not.

Then try asking instead of coming out with constant sarcastic comments all the time; that doesn’t help anybody.

I will say though, I think you are simply back peddling as you probably see for yourself the daftness of what you said. I was not the only person to criticise your comment.

I haven’t read anybody criticising my comments; maybe I read them as they were meant to be, where you read them to find deliberate faults to back you up and have reason to jump in with both feet.

There have been a several posts that you have made that I think are rubbish, but I have remained reticent for the sake of decorum and a general lack of interest in the subject in question.

I find a lot of your posts in the same light; the only think is I don’t nitpick but let you get on with it. You, on the other hand just want target practice.

If I offend or upset you then I will apologise now, BUT I WILL post what I want to and if you think I am being abusive, I would ask that PM me, or report me to the Mods. In fact I insist you do so. You are potentially ruining this thread, if not this forum.

I will respond likewise; if you have a problem understanding then contact me by post so that we can take this pettiness of the boards and keep them where they belong; in PM’s.

I am not ruining anything, but you by your childish digging all the time. If you care for this boards as I do then I suggest we, in future, put our concerns in PM’s and please stop being so niggling.... as you should have done with your last post. This is neither the time or place.

Regards,

Glenn

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Right then!!! <clears throat> tongue.gif

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 08:27 PM) *
You may say that, but I don’t see it that way. My response was to your constant nitpicking.

If you can show where I have been constantly nitpicking, then I will apologise. tongue.gif

That is true, but you seem to be the only one who has a problem with understanding my posts, others interact ok; maybe you are right though and maybe I should have been a bit more tolerant towards you; for that I apologise.

Sarcasm is no apology! angry.gif

Regards other people not understanding, here's two on top of mine!
QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 9 2009, 11:49 AM) *
European Union = Hitler??
QUOTE (scott @ Jul 9 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Create a "super race" of 6ft tall blonde people and wipe out the jewish population? So thats what they do in Brussels!

Then try asking instead of coming out with constant sarcastic comments all the time; that doesn’t help anybody.

My reply was NOT sarcastic, it was genuine, but if you want the meaning of sarcasm... go and look it up in a dictionary! laugh.gif

I haven’t read anybody criticising my comments; maybe I read them as they were meant to be, where you read them to find deliberate faults to back you up and have reason to jump in with both feet.

Again...
QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 9 2009, 11:49 AM) *
European Union = Hitler??
QUOTE (scott @ Jul 9 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Create a "super race" of 6ft tall blonde people and wipe out the jewish population? So thats what they do in Brussels!

And if I remember correctly, Bill1 (my chum rolleyes.gif ) accused you yesterday of showing your 'true colours', not withstanding that the previous poster cast shame on your misunderstood post. It won't be hard to find more.

(More...)

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

I find a lot of your posts in the same light; the only think is I don’t nitpick but let you get on with it. You, on the other hand just want target practice.

The fact we are having this argument now is evidence this is untrue. The reason I appear to respond more often to you, is likely that you write more posts that I find debatable, but please, show me where I abuse you in this or other posts beyond the last spat we had. I said your statement (NOT YOU) was absurd. Show me how and taking into consideration at least two other people appear to feel similarly, I was nitpicking.

I will respond likewise; if you have a problem understanding then contact me by post so that we can take this pettiness of the boards and keep them where they belong; in PM’s.

If the grammar in your post is such that I don't understand, I will indeed seek clarification, but I cannot be held responsible for my reacting to an ambiguous post, just as others do and have done.

I am not ruining anything

I notice that you often start a sentence like, 'I am not <insert verb/adjective, etc>. The fact people like me and others think you are, must throw some doubt in to you mind, eh?

but you by your childish digging all the time. If you care for this boards as I do then I suggest we, in future, put our concerns in PM’s and please stop being so niggling.... as you should have done with your last post. This is neither the time or place.

If you weren't insistent in being so insincere, you might make it easier for me to do so.

I notice you crave the last word and to prove it, I bet you reply to this post! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 9 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 9 2009, 09:11 PM) *
The fact we are having this argument now is evidence this is untrue. The reason I appear to respond more often to you, is likely that you write more posts that I find debatable, but please, show me where I abuse you in this or other posts beyond the last spat we had. I said your statement (NOT YOU) was absurd. Show me how and taking into consideration at least two other people appear to feel similarly, I was nitpicking.

If the grammar in your post is such that I don't understand, I will indeed seek clarification, but I cannot be held responsible for my reacting to an ambiguous post, just as others do and have done.

I notice that you often start a sentence like, 'I am not <insert verb/adjective, etc>. The fact people like me and other think you are, must throw some doubt in to you mind, eh?

If you weren't insistent in being so insincere, you might make it easier for me to do so.

I notice you crave the last word and to prove it, I bet you reply to this post! tongue.gif

it seems you crave the last word my friend... wink.gif

In your previous post you said I was spoiling this thread and that we should stick to PM’s. You seem to be unable to understand your own words and continue to try to make a spectacle of yourself. You are somebody who obviously wants attention desperately. Why you focused on me God only knows; you probably have some weird crush or something on me or having nothing better to do other than this constant diatribe of yours. Find yourself a girlfriend or buy yourself a mirror but let us stop messing up these boards. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 09:20 PM) *
it seems you crave the last word my friend... wink.gif

He shoots, he scores!!!

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 09:20 PM) *
In your previous post you said I was spoiling this thread and that we should stick to PM’s. You seem to be unable to understand your own words and continue to try to make a spectacle of yourself. You are somebody who obviously wants attention desperately. Why you focused on me God only knows

Because you are so easy to wind-up and I love seeing you desperately trying to wind me up! laugh.gif

In truth, my reply to your Hitler nonsense was serious, but after your daft reply, I couldn't resist having a dig. Your too predictable, I'm only winding. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 9 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 9 2009, 09:34 PM) *
He shoots, he scores!!!

Because you are so easy to wind-up and I love seeing you desperately trying to wind me up! laugh.gif

In seriousness, my reply to your Hitler nonsense was serious, but after your daft reply, I couldn't resist having a dig, you too predictable. I'm only winding. wink.gif

No, you are spoiling these boards. You have no wish for serious debate but just "wind" people up, your word. I suggest you get a life instead of devoting it to me just to show that I am "predicatable," and your cheap attacks. You are a hypocrite as you say one thing and then do another. Get a life.

What i said about Hitler was based on facts and what scholars/ historians have said about the European union; you can't see that, but you are showing your limits.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 09:41 PM) *
No, you are spoiling these boards. You have no wish for serious debate but just "wind" people up, your word. I suggest you get a life instead of devoting it to me just to show that I am "predicatable," and your cheap attacks. You are a hypocrite as you say one thing and then do another. Get a life. What i said about Hitler was based on facts and what scholars/ historians have said about the European union; you can't see that, but you are showing your limits.

You take life too seriously laugh.gif I like a serious debate as much as anyone, but you come out with so much guff.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 9 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 9 2009, 09:44 PM) *
You take life too seriously laugh.gif I like a serious debate as much as anyone, but you come out with so much guff.

There are times and places my friend. If I started mucking things up where you where being serious would you mind? Actually I don't come out with "guff" but you, and you've admitted it. You've obviously got no outside life and have decided to devote what you do have to winding people up.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 09:49 PM) *
There are times and places my friend. If I started mucking things up where you where being serious would you mind? Actually I don't come out with "guff" but you, and you've admitted it. You've obviously got no outside life and have decided to devote what you do have to winding people up.

Give us a kiss

"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you..."

Here's the deal, you abuse me and my serious posts and I'm gonna take the peace, OK! angry.gif My reply to your Hitler post was genuine and nothing to do with stalking... that is utterly laughable. I agree with some of your posts, but the Hitler one, well that took the biscuit, it was almost an insult to those that died and to those who work in Europe so that it won't happen again. I think you owe them an apology.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 9 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 9 2009, 09:52 PM) *
Give us a kiss

"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you..."

Here's the deal, you abuse me and my serious posts and I'm gonna take the peace, OK! angry.gif My reply to your Hitler post was genuine and nothing to do with stalking... that is utterly laughable. I agree with some of your posts, but the Hitler one, well that took the biscuit, it was almost an insult to those that died and to those who work in Europe so that it won't happen again. I think you owe them an apology.

tongue.gif

No, here’s the deal; you stop making snide remarks against everything I say, instead of making intelligent remarks which most of the people do on here then I will stop reacting.

Why is it “laughable”? You’ve admitted that you like “winding me up” and to do that you have to follow me around; by your own admission you are that person.

Most people on here want to debate about what concerns them, as I do. You just want to take the Michael all the time. Find another victim or get a life.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 10:05 PM) *
No, here’s the deal; you stop making snide remarks against everything I say

Everything, moi? (mind the French, they are after our boarders!) tongue.gif

instead of making intelligent remarks which most of the people do on here then I will stop reacting.

Eh? You want me to stop posting intelligent remarks? make your mind up! tongue.gif

Why is it “laughable”? You’ve admitted that you like “winding me up” and to do that you have to follow me around; by your own admission you are that person.

I do have a go when you start being pompus and rude to me, but I never try to start it, I just reply as I see fit. Indeed, I find it quite disappointing when I see you have replied to someone because I know that it is 50/50 that it will be a pointless post. rolleyes.gif

Most people on here want to debate about what concerns them, as I do. You just want to take the Michael all the time. Find another victim or get a life.

Not at all, I primarily want to debate important topics as well, but you so often go off topic and post pointless messages but, MOST OF ALL, sling abuse at me, then I WILL reply robustly to your guff!

XXX

PS - Any chance that you might post an even slightly original reply to mine as apposed to just re-wording things I say! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 9 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Can I suggest you both continue this privately, by PM, carrier pigeon, heavy artillery or any other means.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 9 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Can I suggest you both continue this privately, by PM, carrier pigeon, heavy artillery or any other means. Thank you.

He started it! tongue.gif

No you are right, I'm sorry, but please post something that might bring us back on topic? ...but don't mention the war, I did once, but I think I got away with it!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 9 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 9 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Can I suggest you both continue this privately, by PM, carrier pigeon, heavy artillery or any other means.

Thank you.

I agree, and that is what I've been trying to do.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 9 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:16 PM) *
I agree, and that is what I've been trying to do.

Not very well, it seems, as I have yet to get a PM from you today! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Branston Pickle
post Jul 10 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 9 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Not very well, it seems, as I have yet to get a PM from you today! tongue.gif

Have you checked outside for any carrier pigeons? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 10 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #78

Guests

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 9 2009, 10:28 PM) *
He started it! tongue.gif

No you are right, I'm sorry, but please post something that might bring us back on topic? ...but don't mention the war, I did once, but I think I got away with it!

"You started it."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did you invaded Poland."

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 10 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

....and later today, we'll be looking through the.........round window laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Instigator
post Jul 10 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 179

Can't you two just hug it out?!! blink.gif I'm pretty new to these boards but I often see the two of you just baiting each other. learn to love, or failing that ignore each other?!

--------------------
INSTIGATOR

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:01 AM