> Alright, own-up...
Biker1
post Nov 4 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 4 2010, 10:57 PM) *
I disagree. All forums must have an element of differences. So long as those differences are not abusive or attack another member then differences are healthy. One person shouldn't dictate how other members should perform; other than what I said above; i.e. respect each other.

But that's just it - some do attack others and are abusive!

That's different to having differences and healthy debate.

Anyway this childish bickering is enough to put anyone off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 5 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Have I just walked into the childish hour? You and GMR deserve each other. I bet you two are related? Either that or you are a Chimera of each other.

I know who he is, but we have never formally met. I admit though, once or twice he has wound me up enough that I have contemplated giving him a visit... if only I was hard enough! laugh.gif

Going back to my being smug: I think half the people that post opinions on here are ill-informed and are a product of the media driven modern society. Some times I feel it is almost my duty to expose some of the drivel that is posted on here as fact. That does bring me in conflict with others, but even the meek amongst us are capable of using condescending language.

I don't see myself as a bully, I'll only engage with people I think are capable of sticking up for themselves. I have no problem with people having a different point of view, or disagreeing with me, but don't twist or misrepresent what I post, and more importantly... do your homework first.

By the way Biker1 - The childish bickering on this thread was designed to draw 'you know who' away from the more 'higher brow' topics! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 5 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 01:16 AM) *
I know who he is, but we have never formally met. I admit though, once or twice he has wound me up enough that I have contemplated giving him a visit... if only I was hard enough! laugh.gif

Going back to my being smug: I think half the people that post opinions on here are ill-informed and are a product of the media driven modern society. Some times I feel it is almost my duty to expose some of the drivel that is posted on here as fact. That does bring me in conflict with others, but even the meek amongst us are capable of using condensing language.

I don't see myself as a bully, I'll only engage with people I think are capable of sticking up with themselves. I have no problem with people having a different point of view, or disagreeing with me, but don't twist or misrepresent what I post, and more importantly... do your homework first.

By the way Biker1 - The childish bickering on this thread was designed to draw 'you know who' away from the more 'higher brow' topics! wink.gif

I've been tracking this thread and found most of it amusing and fun but Iommi this is a croc of sh*t. Do you read what you are adding to these threads?
This is hypocritical, pretentious self indulgenge.
Just my opinion of course. laugh.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 5 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *
HeatherW; are you not, within your text, 'advising' how people should behave and post?
Yes you're correct.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 5 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 5 2010, 08:38 AM) *
I've been tracking this thread and found most of it amusing and fun but Iommi this is a croc of sh*t. Do you read what you are adding to these threads?

QED

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 5 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 09:12 AM) *
QED

Touche. laugh.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 5 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 5 2010, 09:20 AM) *
Touche. laugh.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 5 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Lads help is on its way - I've sent a note to Thames asking them to increase the dose of the stuff they must put in the water locally....

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *
A few points.

HeatherW; are you not, within your text, 'advising' how people should behave and post?

GMR can be disrespectful, but in his own way. Periodically I am narked-off at some of his insensitivity shown on threads on rather sombre topics, be it paedophilia or the perishing of a local woman. This often is in the form of his 'jokes'. For me, this is far more disrespectful than anything I've done, including calling people idiots.

I'd feel a lot more respectful of GMR, if he were to show some respect himself on some threads occasionally. This includes frivolous and pointless posting. I thought he had 'grown-up' lately, but very recently he has returned with 'vengeance'. Having said all that of course, it might be that he is simply eccentric and doesn't know what he is doing; although I doubt it.

I am not telling anyone how they should post, but I reserve the right to express my displeasure if anyone does post something I think is crass.

I think you read too much into what I say. Other readers (or at least a lot of them) know exactly what i am saying and how I am saying it. If there is a problem then it is with the reader, not the writer. You should look at yourself before criticising others.... or me.

I am me and I shall continue being me. If you don't like it then don't answer me. Making barbed remarks shows one that you've got the problem.

I don't have a problem with any members on here. I accept differences and it takes all sorts for forums to tick over. The ones who don't like those differences should reevaluate themselves, not find flaws outside their own inadequacies.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:10 PM) *
But that's just it - some do attack others and are abusive!

That's different to having differences and healthy debate.

Anyway this childish bickering is enough to put anyone off.

I agree with you about attacking others, that should be stamped upon. Abuse should not be tolerated.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 01:16 AM) *

Going back to my being smug: I think half the people that post opinions on here are ill-informed and are a product of the media driven modern society. Some times I feel it is almost my duty to expose some of the drivel that is posted on here as fact. That does bring me in conflict with others, but even the meek amongst us are capable of using condescending language.

I don't see myself as a bully, I'll only engage with people I think are capable of sticking up for themselves. I have no problem with people having a different point of view, or disagreeing with me, but don't twist or misrepresent what I post, and more importantly... do your homework first.

Who defines who is ‘ill-informed’? You? That is arrogance and shows that you, and not others who are the bullies. You are putting your views above everybody else’s. You are not judge, Jury and executioner on here. Nobody is.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 5 2010, 08:38 AM) *

Exactly, I am glad it was you who said it as well, and not me tongue.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 5 2010, 09:02 AM) *
Yes you're correct.

Like goes with like. I don't think Iommi will look at it as a compliment that YOU back him up. More of a hindrance. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 5 2010, 05:17 PM) *
Lads help is on its way - I've sent a note to Thames asking them to increase the dose of the stuff they must put in the water locally....

At least it keeps Iommi active and on track laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 5 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

He's on a roll tonight, posting six times in a row, breaking one of the key rules of nettiquete again.

How long before he fills up a whole page with his own posts?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 5 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 5 2010, 08:01 PM) *
I think you read too much into what I say. Other readers (or at least a lot of them) know exactly what i am saying and how I am saying it. If there is a problem then it is with the reader, not the writer. You should look at yourself before criticising others.... or me.

Why? I think you often post ignorant rubbish. So I will say so. I also think your sense of humour is often misplaced, sometimes crass, as well as child like. So I will say so. Whether anyone agrees with me or not is irrelevant to me.

I am me and I shall continue being me. If you don't like it then don't answer me. Making barbed remarks shows one that you've got the problem.

I'll do what I like until the mods decide whether I can or not. But yes, you are right, I do have a problem. A problem with some of your posts.

I don't have a problem with any members on here. I accept differences and it takes all sorts for forums to tick over. The ones who don't like those differences should reevaluate themselves, not find flaws outside their own inadequacies.

I could be the thickest dumahss on here, it doesn't affect what in think about a lot of what you post.

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 5 2010, 08:05 PM) *
Who defines who is ‘ill-informed’?

Me.

You?

Now you're getting it.

That is arrogance and shows that you, and not others who are the bullies.

If it does (and I think you are talking out of natures seat cushions again), then guilty.

You are putting your views above everybody else’s. You are not judge, Jury and executioner on here. Nobody is.

Yes I am, unless someone trumps me with a rational argument.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:17 PM) *
He's on a roll tonight, posting six times in a row, breaking one of the key rules of nettiquete again.

How long before he fills up a whole page with his own posts?

Don't be stupid, I was replying to question... it wouldn't be proper if I ignored them.

Are you working in tandem with Iommi? He's not your alter-ego?

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 5 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 08:25 PM) *
I could be the thickets dumahss on here, it doesn't affect what in think about a lot of what you post.
I just had a look at what he's been posting to see if I'd been missing anything.

Apparently a toothbrush is as dangerous as a firework and a car is an inanimate object. He's got to be on the wind up, hasn't he? No one could seriously believe that could they?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 08:25 PM) *

Why? I think you often post ignorant rubbish. So I will say so. I also think your sense of humour is often misplaced, sometimes crass, as well as child like. So I will say so. Whether anyone agrees with me or not is irrelevant to me.

What is interesting is the sort of people who do agree with you; people like user23, which says everything. Carry on my friend regardless, if it gives you some sort of consolation then you go for it. After all these forums are for all sorts of opinions, no matter how biased or twisted they are... everybody is welcome. And I would fight in your corner so that you can have the right to whatever you think or say.

I'll do what I like until the mods decide whether I can or not. But yes, you are right, I do have a problem. A problem with some of your posts.

Good, at least I am doing something right. Without your attacks on me this forum would be a lot duller.

I could be the thickets dumahss on here, it doesn't affect what in think about a lot of what you post.

I totally agree on the first part (no arguments from me) and I agree on your second part. So we are finally in unison. You are like a long lost brother to me. How was it in the institution?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 5 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:29 PM) *
I just had a look at what he's been posting to see if I'd been missing anything.

Apparently a toothbrush is as dangerous as a firework and a car is an inanimate object. He's got to be on the wind up, hasn't he? No one could seriously believe that could they?

Actually you are spot on, I was on the windup. Don't take everything to heart. People do have humour, even though you might not understand it. Or even your brother Iommi wink.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:27 AM