Full Version: Alright, own-up...
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Iommi
...who the bloody heck left GMR's cage unlocked? angry.gif tongue.gif
user23
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 08:46 PM) *
...who the bloody heck left GMR's cage unlocked? angry.gif tongue.gif
Dunno, I've had him on Ignore for ages now ever since he decided to continue every thread with his "..no, YOU are" style of debating.
GMR
Nobody left it unlocked, I was given the key a few years ago because they (they being the psychiatric nurses) thought I was medicating ok (personally I question their logic, but... hey!!!!! who am I to argue with the nut-wardens?). Let us just be grateful.......

PS things must be slow on here to dedicate a thread to me..... but i do love you and i will reciprocate one day... with something that will tickle your mysterons!!!!!! tongue.gif wink.gif
GMR
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 3 2010, 08:53 PM) *
Dunno, I've had him on Ignore for ages now. laugh.gif

That is your misfortune... you will never hear words of wisdom... but then reading your posts it would be wasted on you anyway..... wink.gif
Iommi
QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 3 2010, 08:55 PM) *
but i do love you and i will reciprocate one day...

That's what I'm worried about! unsure.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 09:27 PM) *
That's what I'm worried about! unsure.gif

No need to worry my friend... just look at me as your pastor who will lead you to the promised land. wink.gif

As Chuck Berry said in the same name song:

Swing low sweet chariot, come down easy
Taxi to the terminal zone;
Cut your engines, cool your wings,
And let me make it to the telephone.

It says it all. tongue.gif
On the edge
If we are all in the asylum - what's the betting GMR does have the key?!
Chesapeake
QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 4 2010, 03:27 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
GMR
QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 4 2010, 03:27 PM) *

Sssssssshhhhhhh.... you promised you wouldn't say anything!!!!! ohmy.gif
HeatherW
When I first read the first thread I was taken back by ‘forum member bashing,’ or what seemed like it, but seeing as GMR is playing along with it I suppose it is ok. But I would not feel comfortable denigrating another member, if that was the original posters intentions. We are all entitled to our views, ways and differences. Without it we would be a sadder nation.
user23
I think he was referring to GMR's blitz on the forum. In the over 70s drivers thread he's replied to himself four times.
Iommi
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 08:33 PM) *
When I first read the first thread I was taken back by ‘forum member bashing,’ or what seemed like it, but seeing as GMR is playing along with it I suppose it is ok. But I would not feel comfortable denigrating another member, if that was the original posters intentions. We are all entitled to our views, ways and differences. Without it we would be a sadder nation.

If you were faithfully to the opinion emboldened in the quote, you shouldn't have made this point! wink.gif

As for GMR, yes it was tongue in cheek, hence the emoticon at the end of the sentence. Having said that, even though I wouldn't dream of saying that GMR shouldn't post here, in the way he does, I think half of his posts are drivel and he can quite frankly be an unfunny nuisance. No-doubt many will think the same about me, but like GMR, it seems, I couldn't give a flying perp what people think about my (sometimes lack of) manners!

My default is to have a sober adult conversation about topics I like, but should someone start to take liberties with what I post, then I can be as childish or rude as the best of them.

PS: What user23 said!
HeatherW
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 09:42 PM) *
I think he was referring to GMR's blitz on the forum. In the over 70s drivers thread he's replied to himself four times.

And you are saying this is not allowed? Are you a forum mod? What business is it of us how other members reply on here? Providing they are not abusive and attack others. This smacks of Big Brother.

By the way. Did I not read that you had put GMR on ‘ignore’? So how would you know if you can not read his posts? And while I am on the matter, is it not childish putting people on ‘ignore’? I thought we were all grown up and adultish on here. Maybe not in all cases going by your post.

I have read some of your posts Mr User23. What did it say in the Bible when a group of people were throwing stones at a prostitute and Jesus said 'those without no sin,' or whatever? You have a habit of winding people up on here so I thought you would know better.
HeatherW
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:47 PM) *
If you were faithfully to the opinion emboldened in the quote, you shouldn't have made this point! wink.gif

As for GMR, yes it was tongue in cheek, hence the emoticon at the end of the sentence. Having said that, even though I wouldn't dream of saying that GMR shouldn't post here, in the way he does, I think half of his posts are drivel and he can quite frankly be an unfunny nuisance. No-doubt many will think the same about me, but like GMR, it seems, I couldn't give a flying perp what people think about my (sometimes lack of) manners!

My default is to have a sober adult conversation about topics I like, but should someone start to take liberties with what I post, then I can be as childish or rude as the best of them.

I have read some of GMR’s posts and he comes over as very intelligent and knowledgeable, however, I do agree with you that he also clowns around a lot. But then so do you. So the pot, kettle and black spring to mind. But giving you credit you do acknowledge your own faults. I suppose clowns have to do that otherwise they would just creep away and hide in a corner and die gracefully.

I must also say I do like your posts when you take the micky out of each other. Are you two friends in real life?
user23
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 08:53 PM) *
And you are saying this is not allowed? Are you a forum mod? What business is it of us how other members reply on here? Providing they are not abusive and attack others. This smacks of Big Brother.

By the way. Did I not read that you had put GMR on ‘ignore’? So how would you know if you can not read his posts? And while I am on the matter, is it not childish putting people on ‘ignore’? I thought we were all grown up and adultish on here. Maybe not in all cases going by your post.

I have read some of your posts Mr User23. What did it say in the Bible when a group of people were throwing stones at a prostitute and Jesus said 'those without no sin,' or whatever? You have a habit of winding people up on here so I thought you would know better.
I was saying nothing other than the reason I though for the original post. It turns out I was right.
Iommi
And you are saying this is not allowed?

No he is not; I think you are over reacting.

Are you a forum mod? What business is it of us how other members reply on here? Providing they are not abusive and attack others.

I don't see what really is wrong with anyone saying that another is out of line. GMR can be as rude and arrogant as any of us, in his own way.

By the way. Did I not read that you had put GMR on ‘ignore’? So how would you know if you can not read his posts?

You can still see the poster, just not the text of the post.

And while I am on the matter, is it not childish putting people on ‘ignore’?

I don't see it does any harm, although I wouldn't put anyone on ignore. If they do something out of line; I'll just take the Mick out of them.
GMR
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 08:42 PM) *

I have checked that thread and I haven't replied to myself. But as Heather said, how do you know seeing as you have me on 'ignore'? I've also caught you reading my posts, so I am not on ignore... you just prefer saying it to look big.
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 08:47 PM) *

I may talk drivel but I've got a long way to catch you up my friend. wink.gif
HeatherW
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 10:01 PM) *
I was saying nothing other than the reason I though for the original post. It turns out I was right.

Really!? That is not how I read it.
user23
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:05 PM) *
Really!? That is not how I read it.
You read it wrong then.
HeatherW
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 10:01 PM) *

I don't see what really is wrong with anyone saying that another is out of line. GMR can be as rude and arrogant as any of us, in his own way.

I don't see it does any harm, although I wouldn't put anyone on ignore. If they do something out of line; I'll just take the Mick out of them.

I am sure you two deserve each other. I see you both as the forum clowns (in a nice way, of course). Keep up the show tommi.
HeatherW
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 10:06 PM) *
You read it wrong then.

I do not think so.
Iommi
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 08:58 PM) *
I have read some of GMR’s posts and he comes over as very intelligent and knowledgeable

We must be talking about a different person! tongue.gif

however, I do agree with you that he also clowns around a lot. But then so do you. So the pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

I don't think there is anything wrong in clowning around a lot, but there is a time and a place I think. As for GMR: everyone likes the smell of their own pharts! wink.gif

But giving you credit you do acknowledge your own faults. I suppose clowns have to do that otherwise they would just creep away and hide in a corner and die gracefully.

I'm aware of some of my faults; most notable is being pompous or smug, I think.

I must also say I do like your posts when you take the micky out of each other. Are you two friends in real life?

This is real-life! tongue.gif
user23
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:08 PM) *
I do not think so.
You're still wrong then.
Iommi
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 09:10 PM) *
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:08 PM) *
I do not think so.
You're still wrong then.

Your go HeatherW! laugh.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:01 PM) *

I don't think so.

So can you be 'rude and arrogant'. In fact; out of the two of us you are by far the worst.

There is nothing wrong with saying it; but you do feed on it.

yes, but he had to be reading it.

We are one here then. wink.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:11 PM) *
You're still wrong then.

And you have a go at me?
Iommi
QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 4 2010, 09:12 PM) *
And you have a go at me?

Shhh... I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!
HeatherW
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 10:11 PM) *
You're still wrong then.

Have I just walked into the childish hour? You and GMR deserve each other. I bet you two are related? Either that or you are a Chimera of each other.
HeatherW
QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 10:10 PM) *
You're still wrong then.

And you have a go at GMR and put people on 'ignore'. What age are you?
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:12 PM) *
Shhh... I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!

Nearly.... I'll give you that!!!
Iommi
QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 4 2010, 09:11 PM) *
I don't think so.

Impossible... you can't think! wink.gif

'So can you be 'rude and arrogant'. In fact; out of the two of us you are by far the worst.

laugh.gif

yes, but he had to be reading it.

Why?
HeatherW
I think I will quietly creep out of this thread and leave you children to play with yourselves. It seems it is a boy thing.
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Impossible... you can't think! wink.gif

Yes, it is well known!!

Why?

Because the amount of time he spends on it.
Iommi
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:19 PM) *
I think I will quietly creep out of this thread and leave you children to play with yourselves. It seems it is a boy thing.

Er...! blink.gif laugh.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Er...! blink.gif laugh.gif

It seems our friend has your cards marked... doesn't she 'tommi'? laugh.gif wink.gif
Biker1
Recently I posted a question on the "New Posters" thread as to why newcomers are reluctant to come on this forum.

My question has been answered! tongue.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 4 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Recently I posted a question on the "New Posters" thread as to why newcomers are reluctant to come on this forum.

I disagree. All forums must have an element of differences. So long as those differences are not abusive or attack another member then differences are healthy. One person shouldn't dictate how other members should perform; other than what I said above; i.e. respect each other.
HeatherW
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 4 2010, 10:51 PM) *

I have quietly crept back in.

I agree with what GMR said. We should not tell another member how to write nor should we expect uniformity. The only thing we have a right to expect is politeness and showing respect to each other. If we start going down the road of telling other members how to write and follow a certain system we are not that far from Orwell’s Big Brother. Then it will be the few dictating to the many.
Iommi
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 10:02 PM) *
I agree with what GMR said. We should not tell another member how to write nor should we expect uniformity. The only thing we have a right to expect is politeness and showing respect to each other. If we start going down the road of telling other members how to write and follow a certain system we are not that far from Orwell’s Big Brother. Then it will be the few dictating to the many.

A few points.

HeatherW; are you not, within your text, 'advising' how people should behave and post?

GMR can be disrespectful, but in his own way. Periodically I am narked-off at some of his insensitivity shown on threads on rather sombre topics, be it paedophilia or the perishing of a local woman. This often is in the form of his 'jokes'. For me, this is far more disrespectful than anything I've done, including calling people idiots.

I'd feel a lot more respectful of GMR, if he were to show some respect himself on some threads occasionally. This includes frivolous and pointless posting. I thought he had 'grown-up' lately, but very recently he has returned with 'vengeance'. Having said all that of course, it might be that he is simply eccentric and doesn't know what he is doing; although I doubt it.

I am not telling anyone how they should post, but I reserve the right to express my displeasure if anyone does post something I think is crass.
Biker1
QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 4 2010, 10:57 PM) *
I disagree. All forums must have an element of differences. So long as those differences are not abusive or attack another member then differences are healthy. One person shouldn't dictate how other members should perform; other than what I said above; i.e. respect each other.

But that's just it - some do attack others and are abusive!

That's different to having differences and healthy debate.

Anyway this childish bickering is enough to put anyone off.
Iommi
QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Have I just walked into the childish hour? You and GMR deserve each other. I bet you two are related? Either that or you are a Chimera of each other.

I know who he is, but we have never formally met. I admit though, once or twice he has wound me up enough that I have contemplated giving him a visit... if only I was hard enough! laugh.gif

Going back to my being smug: I think half the people that post opinions on here are ill-informed and are a product of the media driven modern society. Some times I feel it is almost my duty to expose some of the drivel that is posted on here as fact. That does bring me in conflict with others, but even the meek amongst us are capable of using condescending language.

I don't see myself as a bully, I'll only engage with people I think are capable of sticking up for themselves. I have no problem with people having a different point of view, or disagreeing with me, but don't twist or misrepresent what I post, and more importantly... do your homework first.

By the way Biker1 - The childish bickering on this thread was designed to draw 'you know who' away from the more 'higher brow' topics! wink.gif
Bloggo
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 01:16 AM) *
I know who he is, but we have never formally met. I admit though, once or twice he has wound me up enough that I have contemplated giving him a visit... if only I was hard enough! laugh.gif

Going back to my being smug: I think half the people that post opinions on here are ill-informed and are a product of the media driven modern society. Some times I feel it is almost my duty to expose some of the drivel that is posted on here as fact. That does bring me in conflict with others, but even the meek amongst us are capable of using condensing language.

I don't see myself as a bully, I'll only engage with people I think are capable of sticking up with themselves. I have no problem with people having a different point of view, or disagreeing with me, but don't twist or misrepresent what I post, and more importantly... do your homework first.

By the way Biker1 - The childish bickering on this thread was designed to draw 'you know who' away from the more 'higher brow' topics! wink.gif

I've been tracking this thread and found most of it amusing and fun but Iommi this is a croc of sh*t. Do you read what you are adding to these threads?
This is hypocritical, pretentious self indulgenge.
Just my opinion of course. laugh.gif
user23
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *
HeatherW; are you not, within your text, 'advising' how people should behave and post?
Yes you're correct.
Iommi
QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 5 2010, 08:38 AM) *
I've been tracking this thread and found most of it amusing and fun but Iommi this is a croc of sh*t. Do you read what you are adding to these threads?
This is hypocritical, pretentious self indulgenge.
Just my opinion of course. laugh.gif

QED
Bloggo
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 5 2010, 09:12 AM) *
QED

Touche. laugh.gif
Iommi
QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 5 2010, 09:20 AM) *
Touche. laugh.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif
On the edge
Lads help is on its way - I've sent a note to Thames asking them to increase the dose of the stuff they must put in the water locally....
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *
A few points.

GMR can be disrespectful, but in his own way. Periodically I am narked-off at some of his insensitivity shown on threads on rather sombre topics, be it paedophilia or the perishing of a local woman. This often is in the form of his 'jokes'. For me, this is far more disrespectful than anything I've done, including calling people idiots.

I'd feel a lot more respectful of GMR, if he were to show some respect himself on some threads occasionally. This includes frivolous and pointless posting. I thought he had 'grown-up' lately, but very recently he has returned with 'vengeance'. Having said all that of course, it might be that he is simply eccentric and doesn't know what he is doing; although I doubt it.

I am not telling anyone how they should post, but I reserve the right to express my displeasure if anyone does post something I think is crass.

I think you read too much into what I say. Other readers (or at least a lot of them) know exactly what i am saying and how I am saying it. If there is a problem then it is with the reader, not the writer. You should look at yourself before criticising others.... or me.

I am me and I shall continue being me. If you don't like it then don't answer me. Making barbed remarks shows one that you've got the problem.

I don't have a problem with any members on here. I accept differences and it takes all sorts for forums to tick over. The ones who don't like those differences should reevaluate themselves, not find flaws outside their own inadequacies.
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:10 PM) *
But that's just it - some do attack others and are abusive!

That's different to having differences and healthy debate.

Anyway this childish bickering is enough to put anyone off.

I agree with you about attacking others, that should be stamped upon. Abuse should not be tolerated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.