Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rail strike
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
Newburymafia
I hold a monthly season ticket to Reading from Newbury and was told by staff this morning that, if the industrial action goes ahead next week, there wont be a single train out of Newbury for 4 days.
Having already paid for my ticket I wonder if I'm entitled to a refund?

It's going to cost me £65 in parking fees alone next week, i'll have to get up an hour earlier to avoid the morning traffic, and will probably cost me a good £25 in fuel.

Does anyone out there, who doesn't work for a rail company, agree with the strike? Frankly I'm unsympathetic.

I generally drive, but a new job has forced me to take the train as the only (semi) economically viable option. But I've yet to meet any member of rail staff, other than the buffet girl, who has been anything other than a miserable moron.
Andy
QUOTE (Newburymafia @ Apr 1 2010, 08:31 AM) *
Having already paid for my ticket I wonder if I'm entitled to a refund?

Refunds
Newburymafia
Ta.

"Holders of monthly or longer Season Tickets will be entitled to compensation for any day that no service and no alternatives are provided for your journey.

Where a special timetable is in operation, individual train companies will consider compensation if you are unable to use the revised service."

Is this compensation or refund?

As nice as it would be, I dont envisage being fully compensated. tongue.gif

Biker1
QUOTE (Newburymafia @ Apr 1 2010, 08:42 AM) *
Ta.

"Holders of monthly or longer Season Tickets will be entitled to compensation for any day that no service and no alternatives are provided for your journey.

Where a special timetable is in operation, individual train companies will consider compensation if you are unable to use the revised service."

Is this compensation or refund?

As nice as it would be, I dont envisage being fully compensated. tongue.gif

"Customers may request and be given a refund for the Void Day(s) when the ticket is surrendered upon expiry or up to 28 days after its expiry."
James_Trinder
QUOTE (Newburymafia @ Apr 1 2010, 08:31 AM) *
It's going to cost me £65 in parking fees alone next week, i'll have to get up an hour earlier to avoid the morning traffic, and will probably cost me a good £25 in fuel.

I'm in a similar situation because I hold an annual season ticket from Newbury to Reading. My chosen plan of action is to get the bus each day, which will cost £19.50 for the week. Admittedly, travel time is much longer at 70 minutes instead of the usual 15 minutes but the cost is comparable and I will be obtaining a refund from First Great Western in order to pay for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.