Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Street traffic
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
T Flood
Silly question but did a temporary traffic order get put in place to allow cars to drive down Newbury high street during the day time, if not where are the police, they have traffic cameras watching us ?

Bill1
What day and what time was this please?
T Flood
QUOTE (T Flood @ May 25 2009, 09:21 AM) *
Silly question but did a temporary traffic order get put in place to allow cars to drive down Newbury high street during the day time, if not where are the police, they have traffic cameras watching us ?

it was saturday around midday, i am aware of the time that traffic should not drive up the highstreet, but was surprised by the amount of car traveling up the highstreet.

i have noticed that the sign informing people of the closure has been covered up, due to building works.

therefore there is a loop hole in this traffic order.
J C
Whilst I was out in town yesterday lunchime I spotted a lot of cars trying to enter Northbrook St from the north. Since the excavation works the bollards haven't been reinstated and West St is still closed. I suspect that drivers are using this as an excuse to drive down Northbrook St again
GMR
I was there Saturday and Sunday and I saw at least 5 or 7 cars go down the high street. i thought they had changed things to allow cars to go down the high street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.