Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milkshakes...
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
TallDarkAndHandsome
The lefties are trying desperately to get a reaction...
#desperate
je suis Charlie
And Dan Snow turns out to be yet another pseudo semi celebrity lying snowflake. Who'd a guessed it?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 20 2019, 11:42 PM) *
And Dan Snow turns out to be yet another pseudo semi celebrity lying snowflake. Who'd a guessed it?

That thread was sooo funny...😂😂
newres
Bearing in mind how obvious that milkshake attack was yesterday and given the bad press Farage was getting over his financial probity, I suspect it was staged.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 20 2019, 11:42 PM) *

He does look a bit stupid to say the least. No one would deliberately make themselves look a fool.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 21 2019, 08:51 AM) *
Bearing in mind how obvious that milkshake attack was yesterday and given the bad press Farage was getting over his financial probity, I suspect it was staged.

"Lefty gets egg thrown at him by rabid hard right Nazi sympathiser extremist maniac!!"

Farage gets assaulted, "I suspect it was staged".

M'lud, I rest my case.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 21 2019, 07:59 PM) *
"Lefty gets egg thrown at him by rabid hard right Nazi sympathiser extremist maniac!!"

Farage gets assaulted, "I suspect it was staged".

M'lud, I rest my case.

Wouldn't want to be working at Burger King this Sunday.... it appears that thousands of people are going to be buying milkshakes... guess the police will be busy...
Strafin
Much as I find the whole thing hilarious, and also deserved, I can't really condone it. It's not the right way to make a proper stand. The likes of Farage bring it on themselves mind, and what they do impacts the lives of real people in a very negative way, and it's no more than a taste of their own medicine. If it was a left wing politician being attacked I would be all pi55y about it so I have to apply the same outrage in these recent cases.
newres
QUOTE (Strafin @ May 22 2019, 08:41 AM) *
Much as I find the whole thing hilarious, and also deserved, I can't really condone it. It's not the right way to make a proper stand. The likes of Farage bring it on themselves mind, and what they do impacts the lives of real people in a very negative way, and it's no more than a taste of their own medicine. If it was a left wing politician being attacked I would be all pi55y about it so I have to apply the same outrage in these recent cases.

It's hard to apply the same outrage on behalf of Yaxley Lennon though. And note that in that case the "attacker" was being harrassed by Robinson.

But look at this:

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1131066941236498434

or this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-poli...rise-in-threats

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 22 2019, 09:39 AM) *
It's hard to apply the same outrage on behalf of Yaxley Lennon though. And note that in that case the "attacker" was being harrassed by Robinson.

But look at this:

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1131066941236498434

or this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-poli...rise-in-threats

Femi went to a Brexit party rally and set up outside goading people going to it. He was desperate for a reaction. It would be like Farage setting up outside a Lib Dem rally....🤣
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 22 2019, 10:53 AM) *
Femi went to a Brexit party rally and set up outside goading people going to it. He was desperate for a reaction. It would be like Farage setting up outside a Lib Dem rally....🤣

Looks like he was just asking the same old question we all do of Brexiteers...

Can you justify Brexit or offer a real and tangeable benefit?
The answer is always just some abuse and you're a traitor for asking.

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ May 22 2019, 11:11 AM) *
Looks like he was just asking the same old question we all do of Brexiteers...

Can you justify Brexit or offer a real and tangeable benefit?
The answer is always just some abuse and you're a traitor for asking.

1. 52 percent
2. Sovereignty

Same old answers I am afraid. Not seen anything from patronising remoaners to change my mind.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 22 2019, 11:57 AM) *
1. 52 percent
2. Sovereignty

Same old answers I am afraid. Not seen anything from patronising remoaners to change my mind.

Although you don't like parliamentary sovereignty has become clear.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 22 2019, 12:17 PM) *
Although you don't like parliamentary sovereignty has become clear.

Not when parliamentary MPS don't represent the will of the constiuency they represent. Lammy is a remainer and he represents a remain constituency. I have no issue with that.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 22 2019, 12:23 PM) *
Not when parliamentary MPS don't represent the will of the constiuency they represent. Lammy is a remainer and he represents a remain constituency. I have no issue with that.

You show a misunderstanding of parliamentary democracy
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 22 2019, 12:33 PM) *
You show a misunderstanding of parliamentary democracy

You have a misunderstanding of life.😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Strafin @ May 22 2019, 08:41 AM) *

Once one sides idea of meaningful political discourse is assaulting an opposition candidate then they've already lost the argument as well as any moral high ground they might like to think they're standing on.
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 22 2019, 11:57 AM) *
1. 52 percent
2. Sovereignty

1. Not a justification, just an opinion poll on that particular day.

2. What does that even mean?
Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 22 2019, 12:51 PM) *
Once one sides idea of meaningful political discourse is assaulting an opposition candidate then they've already lost the argument as well as any moral high ground they might like to think they're standing on.

Sundae bloody Sundae! 😆
je suis Charlie
And this is where the sniggering mob mentality get you,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/23...tation-wearing/
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 23 2019, 03:50 PM) *
And this is where the sniggering mob mentality get you,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/23...tation-wearing/

At least he handled it well. Have you seen the Ed Miliband footage? Nothing new
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 04:17 PM) *

Oh that's ok then.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 04:17 PM) *

Yup, egging a 42 year old labour leader is EXACTLY the same as drenching an 81 year old veteran standing outside a polling station. Moron.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 23 2019, 06:37 PM) *
Yup, egging a 42 year old labour leader is EXACTLY the same as drenching an 81 year old veteran standing outside a polling station. Moron.

Harsh? 🤔. But accurate. 😂
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 23 2019, 06:37 PM) *

It’s better than stabbing and shooting an MP. But I’m enjoying your pearl clutching so do keep going.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 07:05 PM) *
It’s better than stabbing and shooting an MP. But I’m enjoying your pearl clutching so do keep going.

God you're sad.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 23 2019, 07:32 PM) *
God you're sad.

And crocodile tears aren’t?
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 07:05 PM) *

Wow! Who's been shot? Who's been stabbed? What have I missed? Cripes!
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 07:36 PM) *
And crocodile tears aren’t?

Like the crocodile tears you're shedding over brexit?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 23 2019, 07:38 PM) *
Like the crocodile tears you're shedding over brexit?

Didn't know who to vote for when I got to the polling station... fortunately one parties logo was "Brexit" and they had kindly put a pointy arrow on it to show me where to put my X.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 23 2019, 08:20 PM) *
Didn't know who to vote for when I got to the polling station... fortunately one parties logo was "Brexit" and they had kindly put a pointy arrow on it to show me where to put my X.

I think it was deemed essential for their average voter. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 09:09 PM) *
I think it was deemed essential for their average voter. laugh.gif

Yep. We are all thick. Good job we just had to put an X and not sign our name. Still I could have voted for Change UK, who want to change... nothing... and have a bar code as a logo. 🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 23 2019, 09:18 PM) *
Yep. We are all thick. Good job we just had to put an X and not sign our name. Still I could have voted for Change UK, who want to change... nothing... and have a bar code as a logo. 🤣

They ought to join the LibDems now.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 11:04 PM) *
They ought to join the LibDems now.

Would they want them? I wouldn't...Soubry and Chukka? Career opportunist politicians whose "opinions" change to whichever the way they think the political wind is blowing... they would damage the Lib Dem brand. They thought they were going to be "big news"... all they are is useless incompetent career politicians who made the wrong call. Again.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 23 2019, 11:11 PM) *
Would they want them? I wouldn't...Soubry and Chukka? Career opportunist politicians whose "opinions" change to whichever the way they think the political wind is blowing... they would damage the Lib Dem brand. They thought they were going to be "big news"... all they are is useless incompetent career politicians who made the wrong call. Again.

Soubry isn’t a career politician. If you can’t get your facts right, the rest is rubbish too.

Do you know if you’ve got your kuntree back yet?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 23 2019, 11:18 PM) *
Soubry isn’t a career politician. If you can’t get your facts right, the rest is rubbish too.

Do you know if you’ve got your kuntree back yet?

Soubry loves the limelight. What is your problem? Is it beginning to dawn on you that you remainers are akin to Japan at the end of the 2nd world war? At least the Japanese had some pride. You remainers throw milkshakes at old ex paras.👏👏👏
je suis Charlie
Interesting that change uk has a maximum donation limit of £499, so, what are they trying to hide?
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 24 2019, 01:11 AM) *
Interesting that change uk has a maximum donation limit of £499, so, what are they trying to hide?

UKIP and Brexit are the only two parties in which it’s not necessary to declare who you are to donate. Did you see the abuse Femi suffered the other night as he made himself available to Brexit supporters? Farage wouldn’t get off his bus.

newres
Anyway, assuming May goes today and Johnson or Raab take over, I’d say a GE is around the corner so more fun ahead.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 24 2019, 06:03 AM) *
UKIP and Brexit are the only two parties in which it’s not necessary to declare who you are to donate. Did you see the abuse Femi suffered the other night as he made himself available to Brexit supporters? Farage wouldn’t get off his bus.

Femi went to a Brexit rally. He was hoping to get abused. So he could play the Nazi racists card.

Oh and the Farage bus thing is #fakenews.

Jog on...
newres
Oh dear. Fake news. CCTV shows the old git’s mates pouring the milkshake over him.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHor column inchesandsome @ May 24 2019, 06:11 AM) *
Femi went to a Brexit rally. He was hoping to get abused. So he could play the Nazi racists card.

Oh and the Farage bus thing is #fakenews.

Jog on...

Femi? Waste of space, still paddling in the shallow end of the DNA pool, typical newres fanboy material. Just looking for column inches.
je suis Charlie
Oh no! The Guardian's not sneering today!

The Guardian: Disaffected voters boost Brexit party across north-west.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/ma...ross-north-west.

Notice newres gets a mention, as the pantomime 'remainer dog'! 🤣
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 23 2019, 07:37 PM) *
Wow! Who's been shot? Who's been stabbed? What have I missed? Cripes!

Come on! Tell us, who's been shot or stabbed? Newres? Hello? Anyone in? Nope, lights are on in newres villas but no one's in. 🤣
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 24 2019, 07:52 AM) *
Oh no! The Guardian's not sneering today!

The Guardian: Disaffected voters boost Brexit party across north-west.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/ma...ross-north-west.

Notice newres gets a mention, as the pantomime 'remainer dog'! 🤣

The article refers to the mill towns. They’ve long been a hot bed for the right. The BNP used to do well there. In general it’s Tory voters going over to Brexit.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 24 2019, 08:07 AM) *
The article refers to the mill towns. They’ve long been a hot bed for the right. The BNP used to do well there. In general it’s Tory voters going over to Brexit.

Ah well, that ex, what! Mill towns? Oop north? Home of the working class? Labours heartland? Shoorly not!
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 24 2019, 08:17 AM) *
Ah well, that ex, what! Mill towns? Oop north? Home of the working class? Labours heartland? Shoorly not!

I’m from up north. Born in Liverpool.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 24 2019, 08:07 AM) *

Of course the Tory voters have defected. It's what happens when a weak PM fails to deliver what they were asked to do. It's a sea change. Benyon will be out at the next GE. My guess is the Lib Dems will win Newbury and the Brexit Party will be 2nd. Be interesting to see the result at the Peterborough bye election.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 24 2019, 08:20 AM) *
Of course the Tory voters have defected. It's what happens when a weak PM fails to deliver what they were asked to do. It's a sea change. Benyon will be out at the next GE. My guess is the Lib Dems will win Newbury and the Brexit Party will be 2nd. Be interesting to see the result at the Peterborough bye election.

In which case anyone on the left should be grateful for Farage. I’ll bet Corbyn is.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 24 2019, 08:19 AM) *
I’m from up north. Born in Liverpool.

Oh dear, a scally,, hardly a mill town is it. First London, then Liverpool, get around much?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.