Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Local Council Elections
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 2 2019, 01:27 PM) *
Your own vote or lack of it is of course your own personal choice. In the 2017 general election in the Newbury constituency there were 144/60,999 spoiled votes or 0.236% of votes cast. Let's see if this percentage is exceeded in these local elections but I would certainly expect some eating of words to be done if this relatively low percentage is not exceeded by some margin.

😂😂😂😂
je suis Charlie
Interesting night so far.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 2 2019, 10:29 PM) *
I agree.. for the first time in my life I couldn't bring myself to vote for any candidates though. TBH if a slug had been standing I'd have voted for that...so I did what I said I would do and wrote a few thoughts about the state of democracy. And then added a big c0ck and balls..🤣

That meme had you bang to rights eh? Knobhead. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 3 2019, 06:34 AM) *
That meme had you bang to rights eh? Knobhead. laugh.gif

You gave me the idea. Thanks.😂
newres
Still gonna vote for this liar guys?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/m...t-election-area
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 3 2019, 11:45 AM) *

Or even Jeremy Corbyn,

2016: We on the Labour Benches respect the referendum result and accept that Britain must leave the European Union."

FEB 2019: "We will back a public vote in order to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit or a disastrous no deal outcome."
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 2 2019, 01:27 PM) *
Your own vote or lack of it is of course your own personal choice. In the 2017 general election in the Newbury constituency there were 144/60,999 spoiled votes or 0.236% of votes cast. Let's see if this percentage is exceeded in these local elections but I would certainly expect some eating of words to be done if this relatively low percentage is not exceeded by some margin.

I'm feeling quietly confident...😂

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-69...on-results.html

je suis Charlie
I think the message is clear, May must go, Corbyn must go. The only party leader with any degree of credibility is Cable, and he's going anyway.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 3 2019, 12:55 PM) *
I think the message is clear, May must go, Corbyn must go. The only party leader with any degree of credibility is Cable, and he's going anyway.

I think thatís probably true.
je suis Charlie
"I have a cunning plan"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tony_Robinson/st...297214472400898
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 3 2019, 04:44 PM) *

He was on the Labour NEC. Guess he must have a cunning plan.
TallDarkAndHandsome
I guess Corbyn and May will ahem... suddenly cut a deal on Brexit b4 the 23rd May... guaranteed... they won't want the inevitable kicking at the EU elections.. and this 'deal" will be a complete sell out.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 2 2019, 02:47 PM) *
Oh that's a shame as we could do with EVEN more gammon who can't figure out the quote function on here. rolleyes.gif

So... Mr Newres... I wasn't the only "knob head" as you so eloquently put it to spoil my ballot paper... u really don't understand Mr Joe bloggs.🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 3 2019, 10:54 PM) *
So... Mr Newres... I wasn't the only "knob head" as you so eloquently put it to spoil my ballot paper... u really don't understand Mr Joe bloggs.🤣

No, canít work out how to start one thread instead of two and canít put an x in a box without drawing a self portrait. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 05:17 AM) *
No, canít work out how to start one thread instead of two and canít put an x in a box without drawing a self portrait. laugh.gif

That's cos I have an iPhone and it's dark in my bedroom at night and I have podgy fat fingers that mash the keyboard ..oh wait.. no that's you.😂😂😂
newres
In all seriousness though, given that the swing is to the Libdems, if Brexit was a big factor in deciding how to vote, Iíd say it was a very good night for Remain.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 07:53 AM) *
In all seriousness though, given that the swing is to the Libdems, if Brexit was a big factor in deciding how to vote, Iíd say it was a very good night for Remain.

Let wait and see what happens May 23rd. Turnout will be far higher and a brexit option will be on the ballot.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 4 2019, 08:26 AM) *
Let wait and see what happens May 23rd. Turnout will be far higher and a brexit option will be on the ballot.

Did you not see the UKIP results?
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 08:56 AM) *
Did you not see the UKIP results?

UKIP virtually died when Nigel quit, however, saying that, their strength has always been in sending MEP's to Brussels. Now we have the Brexit party who are widely tipped to do the same. What I and others were surprised at yesterday was the almost catastrophic failure of labour to punish the Tories. The lib Dems turned out again to be the party of the protest vote with surprising results for the Indies. Mays election will be interesting to watch. I was thoroughly entertained by yesterday's events, it's an (interesting) time for politics.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ May 3 2019, 11:45 AM) *

Are you implying that the others are veracious? The inability to run straight up a drainpipe seems to be de rigueur for anyone entering public office. angry.gif
DJE
QUOTE (newres @ May 2 2019, 08:43 AM) *
Thought of you guys:

�� Today is #LocalElections2019 day!

☑️ NORMAL PEOPLE: Go vote for who you feel will be best to represent you locally. Polls close at 10pm

☑️ GAMMON: Go on your local Facebook group and tell us you won’t vote for the main parties (despite the fact these are local elections), angrily read The Sun or Daily Mail, claim you’re voting Brexit party or UKIP, waddle along to the polling station and spoil your vote...that’ll show ‘em, wallow in your own brine, punch your keyboard, make out the media are hiding the truth, claim the BBC are biased, scrape your dried bodily fluids off your yellow vest, change your profile picture to include a union flag, or a poppy, or a soldier in silhouette [you choose], go back on Facebook and post a badly-photoshopped and pixelated meme containing factually incorrect information, then post another one as not enough people clicked like on the first one which annoyed you, ejaculate over Brexit, get angry whilst watching Question Time, go on Facebook to tell everyone you’re angry watching question time, bring Dianne Abbott into an online conversation despite the fact she’s probably irrelevant to the original post, punch keyboard again, mummy then sends you to bed.

Personally, I think children should not be allowed to post here, but as 'newres' is here I may as well respond to his/her trolling ad hominem.

'Thought of you guys' - I'm not sure you are capable of independent thought at all. You post sneeringly about about others posting a meme, but in fact the entire text of your post has been lifted, word-for-word, from a childish online magazine on Facebook.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I guess you don't have the intellect to make your own arguments, so borrow other people's lame stereotypes instead.

You're the 'knobhead' on this forum, kiddy.

rolleyes.gif

P.S. Dianne Abbott is never relevant to anything.
DJE

Yes, the only Remain party got far fewer seats than the Tories. What a Remainer Victory...

So far we have established that your life skills do not include wit, originality, courtesy or psephology.

Are you good at anything?
je suis Charlie

Except of course, when you drill down into the results the lib Dems did well in some very strong brexit areas but poorly in some remain areas, what was interesting was that the polls were wrong again. Let's see how well lib Dems do in May.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (DJE @ May 4 2019, 10:33 AM) *
Yes, the only Remain party got far fewer seats than the Tories. What a Remainer Victory...

So far we have established that your life skills do not include originality, courtesy, psephology or wit.

Are you good at anything?

Now there's a word we don't see used often enough, psephology. 👍
newres
QUOTE (DJE @ May 4 2019, 10:04 AM) *
Personally, I think children should not be allowed to post here, but as 'newres' is here I may as well respond to his/her trolling ad hominem.

'Thought of you guys' - I'm not sure you are capable of independent thought at all. You post sneeringly about about others posting a meme, but in fact the entire text of your post has been lifted, word-for-word, from a childish online magazine on Facebook.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I guess you don't have the intellect to make your own arguments, so borrow other people's lame stereotypes instead.

You're the 'knobhead' on this forum, kiddy.

rolleyes.gif

P.S. Dianne Abbott is never relevant to anything.

Iím honoured that you broke two years of silence to join the gammon on here and prove the accuracy of the meme by bringing Diane Abbott into it. I hope you had a tissue with you to wipe your ejaculation off the keyboard.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 11:45 AM) *
Iím honoured that you broke two years of silence to join the gammon on here and prove the accuracy of the meme by bringing Diane Abbott into it. I hope you had a tissue with you to wipe your ejaculation off the keyboard.

You seem to be as popular as the clap on this forum. Says it all really.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 4 2019, 12:19 PM) *
You seem to be as popular as the clap on this forum. Says it all really.

Yes. The only non Brextremist and it makes you all cross.
DJE
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 11:45 AM) *

I'm disappointed.

I hoped that by pointing out the dismal calibre of your recent posts, you'd make the effort to say something insightful, or constructve. My low opinion of you was, evidently, still too high.

If you are a child, best you go off to a Pokemon forum or whatever entertains children nowadays.

If you think are an adult.. well, good luck with that self-delusion. With your inept social skills, inability to put forward an intelligent view rather than attack other's in a childish way, (or simply cut and paste other people's views as you are incapable of formulating a mature one of your own), and your general predisposition to be an idiot, I see a mediocre future for you.

Anyway, no point in engaging with you further. If I wanted to read any more crap (I don't), I could just go to the intellect-free sources that you cut and paste from.

Bye-bye, kiddie. dry.gif

PS if there are any Remainer adults here I'm perfectly happy to listen to them. This place is a forum, after all. But not a kindergarten.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 12:38 PM) *
Yes. The only non Brextremist and it makes you all cross.

"Brextremist"? Oh my word...You are so funny. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is an "extremist"? I'd be looking over my shoulder all day and night if u really believe that... after all extremists often commit acts of extreme violence. I don't quite see JSC or me firebombing you...we wouldn't waste our time and lives on such a saddo. Toodlepip.
SirWilliam
I'm pretty sure poor old newres is more than capable of defending his position, but why the vitriol? Disagree by all means but don't belittle yourselves by trying to sink lower than the person you are arguing with.
newres
QUOTE (DJE @ May 4 2019, 12:46 PM) *
I'm disappointed.

I hoped that by pointing out the dismal calibre of your recent posts, you'd make the effort to say something insightful, or constructve. My low opinion of you was, evidently, still too high.

If you are a child, best you go off to a Pokemon forum or whatever entertains children nowadays.

If you think are an adult.. well, good luck with that self-delusion. With your inept social skills, inability to put forward an intelligent view rather than attack other's in a childish way, (or simply cut and paste other people's views as you are incapable of formulating a mature one of your own), and your general predisposition to be an idiot, I see a mediocre future for you.

Anyway, no point in engaging with you further. If I wanted to read any more crap (I don't), I could just go to the intellect-free sources that you cut and paste from.

Bye-bye, kiddie. dry.gif

PS if there are any Remainer adults here I'm perfectly happy to listen to them. This place is a forum, after all. But not a kindergarten.

Off you toddle then. Keep your tissues handy by the keyboard in case you change your mind.
newres
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ May 4 2019, 01:19 PM) *
I'm pretty sure poor old newres is more than capable of defending his position, but why the vitriol? Disagree by all means but don't belittle yourselves by trying to sink lower than the person you are arguing with.

It doesnít occur to them that Iím pretty much the only contributor with a different view and a new/returning knobhead posting and joining in the abuse dished out by the regulars is something much less than noble. And what was even more amusing was when he was responded to in kind he expressed disappointment and disappeared with his tail between his elderly legs.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 4 2019, 01:57 PM) *
It doesnít occur to them that Iím pretty much the only contributor with a different view and a new/returning knobhead posting and joining in the abuse dished out by the regulars is something much less than noble. And what was even more amusing was when he was responded to in kind he expressed disappointment and disappeared with his tail between his elderly legs.

Aww....diddums...want a lollipop?
James_Trinder
QUOTE (DJE @ May 4 2019, 12:46 PM) *

I'm intrigued as to whether you would class me as a Remainer adult in this debate.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 5 2019, 09:16 AM) *
I'm intrigued as to whether you would class me as a Remainer adult in this debate.

I certainly would.
newres
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 5 2019, 09:16 AM) *

If you baby sat them for a while theyíd attack you too.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 12:58 PM) *
If you baby sat them for a while theyíd attack you too.

Awww diddums. Feeling left out... Never mind. It will all be better soon.🤣
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 5 2019, 01:28 PM) *

Why? Is he going under a bus then? He makes me chuckle, JSC is a remainder but newres has to keep slagging him off. Lad doesn't know when to stop does he.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 12:58 PM) *
If you posted lies for a while theyíd attack you too.

FTFY. 🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 5 2019, 01:28 PM) *

Not at all. I like the fact that Iím not a reactionary old gammon and love seeing you all get triggered. DJDick was brilliant yesterday. All that Daily Mail reading exploded yesterday all over his keyboard. How does anyone get that angry just because someone has a different view?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 03:28 PM) *
Not at all. I like the fact that Iím not a reactionary old gammon and love seeing you all get triggered. DJDick was brilliant yesterday. All that Daily Mail reading exploded yesterday all over his keyboard. How does anyone get that angry just because someone has a different view?

The fact of the matter is Brexit is something that divides political opinions, like no other and it causes anger and resentment. The Brexit party is currently running at 30% in the polls and I would expect that figure to be nearer 40% at the EU elections. The reason... a lot of people won't say they are voting for Brexit because of people like you. They don't want to be branded a xenophobe or a racist or thick. Just so you know when you wake up on the 23rd of May to 2016 revisited.😂 People like you harden brexiteers opinions.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 5 2019, 04:15 PM) *
The fact of the matter is Brexit is something that divides political opinions, like no other and it causes anger and resentment. The Brexit party is currently running at 30% in the polls and I would expect that figure to be nearer 40% at the EU elections. The reason... a lot of people won't say they are voting for Brexit because of people like you. They don't want to be branded a xenophobe or a racist or thick. Just so you know when you wake up on the 23rd of May to 2016 revisited.😂 People like you harden brexiteers opinions.

On the other hand every poll shows 60:40 support for Remain.
Turin Machine
I just like poking him with the brexit stick occasionally, just to watch him twitch.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 04:17 PM) *

I'm not disagreeing. So I guess we should just vote every 2 years?
Turin Machine

You know the rule, linky thing first.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 5 2019, 04:20 PM) *
You know the rule, linky thing first.

Probably a poll conducted by the New European where the voting sample was a 1000 and all the people they contacted were from London and friends of David Lammy and Femi.🤣🤣🤣
TallDarkAndHandsome

Also every poll has the Brexit party well ahead. Bit of masterstroke from Nige calling it the Brexit party...I can already see the liberal tears....😂😂
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 5 2019, 04:38 PM) *
Also every poll has the Brexit party well ahead. Bit of masterstroke from Nige calling it the Brexit party...I can already see the liberal tears....😂😂

It isnít a party. It doesnít have members. Itís very odd.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 04:54 PM) *
It isnít a party. It doesnít have members. Itís very odd.

Oh!RLY!
Brexit Party https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/g/11h0...rypoint=sh/x/kp
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 5 2019, 05:05 PM) *

Bless him... he is a bit out of touch...can't wait to see Juncker and Verhoftwats face when he returns with more EU sceptics than ever... 🤣🤣
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.