Go and join it then. rolleyes.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 05:16 PM) *
Go and join it then. rolleyes.gif

Already have chap...😂 Go Nige!
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 5 2019, 05:31 PM) *

What? The not a party party? Really? The party that isn't a party? Wow! Oh newres, please don't ever stop, you're too precious! 😂😂😂
Turin Machine
It's not surprising that if newres considers himself to be the remainer creme da la crème that most of them were to lazy / stupid / apathetic to find their way to a simple petition. 😅
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 5 2019, 06:01 PM) *
It's not surprising that if newres considers himself to be the remainer creme da la crème that most of them were to lazy / stupid / apathetic to find their way to a simple petition. 😅

😂 You have to give him some respect... if I kept on being proved wrong I may have given up.. not sure if he is just a WUM or incredibly stupid. Probably the latter...
TallDarkAndHandsome
https://mobile.twitter.com/Europarl_EN/stat...420906875523073

😂😂😂
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 5 2019, 05:31 PM) *

No you didn’t. Are you stupid or lying as it doesn’t have members. You may have donated but you can’t become a member.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 08:56 PM) *
No you didn’t. Are you stupid or lying as it doesn’t have members. You may have donated but you can’t become a member.

Semantics.... the party was only launched weeks ago..it takes time to get the infrastructure together to deal with hundreds of thousands joining... anyway talking of members...😂😂
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 08:56 PM) *

And you said it wasn't a party.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 5 2019, 10:23 PM) *
And you said it wasn't a party.

It’s a single issue lobby. Even more so than UKIP. If we get to a general election it will merely split the Tory vote. There’s no evidence of it attracting Labour voters.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 06:47 AM) *
It’s a single issue lobby. Even more so than UKIP. If we get to a general election it will merely split the Tory vote. There’s no evidence of it attracting Labour voters.

Yeah no chance of any people in Labour areas which were 70% brexit at the 2016 election...voting for the Brexit party...😂😂😂 Do you actually think before you come out with the effluent that you type?
Biker1
QUOTE (newres @ May 5 2019, 03:28 PM) *
DJDick was brilliant yesterday. All that Daily Mail reading exploded yesterday all over his keyboard. How does anyone get that angry just because someone has a different view?

He didn't get that angry "just because you have a different view".
If you read his post....................
"With your inept social skills, inability to put forward an intelligent view rather than attack other's in a childish way, and your general predisposition to be an idiot."
He also said....
"If there are any Remainer adults here I'm perfectly happy to listen to them."

So, it appears it is your attitude and rudeness that prevents him and many others from posting their views on here for MATURE debate.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 06:47 AM) *

It's a party, look, they even left you a hidden clue, they called it the Brexit Party. Tricky to find I know but then that's the trouble with dem pesky little brexiteers, sneaky like weasels.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 08:10 AM) *
Yeah no chance of any people in Labour areas which were 70% brexit at the 2016 election...voting for the Brexit party...������ Do you actually think before you come out with the effluent that you type?

Which areas were “70% Brexit”? Very few, besides which it doesn’t mean people will vote for a party in a general election that has just one policy. They aren’t all stupid racists.
Turin Machine
Aww look, he called it a party, how sweet.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 09:25 AM) *
Which areas were “70% Brexit”? Very few, besides which it doesn’t mean people will vote for a party in a general election that has just one policy. They aren’t all stupid racists.

I see you modified your post after finding out some areas were over 70 percent...😂

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk-news...-eu-referendum/

And then got all upset and called everyone a racist again...🤣🤣🤣
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 09:34 AM) *
I see you modified your post after finding out some areas were over 70 percent...😂

See! Learn something every day, 78.6% of people in Lambeth are racists! Who'd a thunk that? Probably a nazi stronghold as well.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 4 2019, 09:12 AM) *
UKIP virtually died when Nigel quit, however, saying that, their strength has always been in sending MEP's to Brussels. Now we have the Brexit party who are widely tipped to do the same. What I and others were surprised at yesterday was the almost catastrophic failure of labour to punish the Tories. The lib Dems turned out again to be the party of the protest vote with surprising results for the Indies. Mays election will be interesting to watch. I was thoroughly entertained by yesterday's events, it's an (interesting) time for politics.

Actually, having looked at the results your assertion re ukip is only partially correct when compared to 2015. Compared to 2018 the Conservative and Labour vote share fell equally by 7%, while UKIP gained 1%.

Given the enormous swing to the independents and the fact that Labour came out for a second referendum before the polls, this seems more like an anti-politician result than anything obviously Brexity.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 09:34 AM) *

I said the opposite.

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 01:37 PM) *
I said the opposite.

You intimated a large percentage were.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 02:07 PM) *
You intimated a large percentage were.

I didn’t, but to return to the subject, in polls I’ve seen the Labour vote is holding up. In my opinion if they offered a confirmatory vote they’d leave UKIP for dead. It’s such a shame because despite what you choose to believe, the overwhelming majority of members and a clear majority of Labour voters are Remain.
newres
Most people want to Remain now.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-th...uld-you-vote-2/
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 02:48 PM) *

They probably do. They have just given up hope of what they asked the government to do being enacted. Personally I believe this was our last chance. When the chickens come home to roost we will know who to blame....
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 02:57 PM) *
They probably do. They have just given up hope of what they asked the government to do being enacted. Personally I believe this was our last chance. When the chickens come home to roost we will know who to blame....

What’s happened is that it’s become apparent that what was promised wasn’t deliverable. There was no access to the free market without free movement. Cameron warned of this but he wasn’t believed. The chickens have come home to roost already and that’s why we’re where we are.

I’m accused of childishness but what is more childish than saying NO DEAL, JUST LEAVE when it’s become apparent that the promises can’t be fulfilled?

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 03:25 PM) *
What’s happened is that it’s become apparent that what was promised wasn’t deliverable. There was no access to the free market without free movement. Cameron warned of this but he wasn’t believed. The chickens have come home to roost already and that’s why we’re where we are.

I’m accused of childishness but what is more childish than saying NO DEAL, JUST LEAVE when it’s become apparent that the promises can’t be fulfilled?

Because that is what was voted on? I don't remember anything being on the ballot apart from stay or leave... not degrees of either. Would you at least admit then that the actual question was wrong to start with. Should it have just been stay or stay? WHAT A CROCK of EFFLUENT you come up with. PS.. I can use shouty CAPS LOCK as well.😂😂😂😊
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 02:48 PM) *

"Field work dates: 13 February 2012 - 18 "

Hardly up to date is it.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 02:39 PM) *
I didn’t, but to return to the subject, in polls I’ve seen the Labour vote is holding up. In my opinion if they offered a confirmatory vote they’d leave UKIP for dead. It’s such a shame because despite what you choose to believe, the overwhelming majority of members and a clear majority of Labour voters are Remain.

Show me one of these poll please, like you I can't be bothered to check for myself.
Turin Machine
Germany about to tip into recession, France following it, Italy and Greece with basket case economies and people still think it's a great idea to shackle us to to the rotting corpse of a failed experiment.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 6 2019, 05:20 PM) *
Germany about to tip into recession, France following it, Italy and Greece with basket case economies and people still think it's a great idea to shackle us to to the rotting corpse of a failed experiment.

That’s capitalism for you.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 6 2019, 05:20 PM) *

And the actual racist "Le Pen" is actually ahead of Macron in the polls..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reut...p/idUKKCN1SB0O8

When you keep calling everyone a racist or a nazi it ceases to have meaning... still you go newres...you vote for Verhoftwat and co...vote for a federal Europe controlled by Germany and with an EU Army. You go... 🙄

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 05:48 PM) *

Would you prefer communism?
je suis Charlie

No, it's the EU for you, stifling economies 'till they choke. But hey it's what you want. stagnation.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 05:49 PM) *
And the actual racist "Le Pen" is actually ahead of Macron in the polls..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reut...p/idUKKCN1SB0O8

When you keep calling everyone a racist or a nazi it ceases to have meaning... still you go newres...you vote for Verhoftwat and co...vote for a federal Europe controlled by Germany and with an EU Army. You go... 🙄

It's hilarious that the arch leftie Corbyn still hates the EU with a passion, still, let's follow Jeremy, No wait , Vince!, no wait! Errr?
Turin Machine

No you numbty, that's the EU for you. Spot the difference anyone?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 6 2019, 07:31 PM) *
It's hilarious that the arch leftie Corbyn still hates the EU with a passion, still, let's follow Jeremy, No wait , Vince!, no wait! Errr?

Newres reminds me of CNN.... perhaps he should apply for a job...😂😂😂
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 6 2019, 07:51 PM) *
No you numbty, that's the EU for you. Spot the difference anyone?

What, so the recessions that all capitalist economies suffer are the fault of the EU? Oh dearie me. So were the WU responsible for the crash in 2008?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 6 2019, 08:31 PM) *
What, so the recessions that all capitalist economies suffer are the fault of the EU? Oh dearie me. So were the WU responsible for the crash in 2008?

Not sure who the WU are but the cause of the recession was a bunch of crooked bankers dealing in dodgy derivatives. That's not capitalism. It's criminality.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2019, 09:26 PM) *
Not sure who the WU are but the cause of the recession was a bunch of crooked bankers dealing in dodgy derivatives. That's not capitalism. It's criminality.

Oh, I thought it was Gordon Brown? laugh.gif
Strafin
For the record I'm a remainer. I was quite adamant that we should have been given a vote on it, and planned to vote leave, but something stopped me the night before the vote. So I totally understand the Brexit point if view. However, that vote was three years ago and since then we have seen the shambles unfold and one area where I think we all can agree, is that we are not getting anything like what we were promised. So should we revisit the vote now we know the truth? In my opinion yes, it's far too important to just let it go and I will continue to push for a second referendum, not because I didn't like the result of the first one, but because I don't like what has happened since. I try to take on board everyone's views, and opinions and I try not to get aggressive or upset by those who differ.

However in 3 years I haven't heard a single good, tangible benefit for leaving so I do get frustrated that the whole thing seems very tribal. When people say lets just leave with no deal, I question if they understand what that really means, ad mostly they don't. So we have a real problem and it is bound to cause people to get rowdy with each other. Newres didn't start off being the way they are, he's become frustrated with all the arguing and to be fair, you lot haven't been very nice to him either. I think some of you need to look at your posts and question whether you really think you are being reasonable and forming a valid opinion. Or playing to the mob mentality. Perhaps we need to call a forum truce, draw a line under what's gone and start again? We are all just people making our way through our lives and our journeys are all different.
Strafin
And this he said she said nonsense is getting boring. You can't join the Brexit party as a member, but it is a political party. So you both made a good point.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Strafin @ May 7 2019, 09:06 AM) *
For the record I'm a remainer. I was quite adamant that we should have been given a vote on it, and planned to vote leave, but something stopped me the night before the vote. So I totally understand the Brexit point if view. However, that vote was three years ago and since then we have seen the shambles unfold and one area where I think we all can agree, is that we are not getting anything like what we were promised. So should we revisit the vote now we know the truth? In my opinion yes, it's far too important to just let it go and I will continue to push for a second referendum, not because I didn't like the result of the first one, but because I don't like what has happened since. I try to take on board everyone's views, and opinions and I try not to get aggressive or upset by those who differ.

However in 3 years I haven't heard a single good, tangible benefit for leaving so I do get frustrated that the whole thing seems very tribal. When people say lets just leave with no deal, I question if they understand what that really means, ad mostly they don't. So we have a real problem and it is bound to cause people to get rowdy with each other. Newres didn't start off being the way they are, he's become frustrated with all the arguing and to be fair, you lot haven't been very nice to him either. I think some of you need to look at your posts and question whether you really think you are being reasonable and forming a valid opinion. Or playing to the mob mentality. Perhaps we need to call a forum truce, draw a line under what's gone and start again? We are all just people making our way through our lives and our journeys are all different.

I agree, but I am coming from the other direction. I voted leave but having witnessed the shambolic behaviour of the very people who would be in charge had we just left on the 29th March I am inclined to now think if we remained a fully paid up member it would not be a bad thing. My concern with another plebiscite is a similar 50/50 vote, (approx), which will solve nothing. Perhaps we need someone to stand up and say "f**k democracy we are staying in" because we are never going to agree this thing that history will call the "Cameron Cockup". angry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.