Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saving money.
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
je suis Charlie
Just had my annual demand with menaces from Thames Water for the coming year, I was shocked at how expensive it's become. Still, luckily I was watching TV yesterday and noticed there's someone who can supply a whole village for two quid a month. Time to switch supplier I think.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 7 2019, 06:05 PM) *
Just had my annual demand with menaces from Thames Water for the coming year, I was shocked at how expensive it's become. Still, luckily I was watching TV yesterday and noticed there's someone who can supply a whole village for two quid a month. Time to switch supplier I think.

Oxfam?
newres
I thought most OAPs went on meters? Save a fortune.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 7 2019, 06:05 PM) *

Still think it's pretty cheap actually. For clean cheap drinking water. Decent filter and jobs a goodun. Not paying for premium "bottled peckham spring thank you". Though the 2 quid a month comment made me chuckle.🤣
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 7 2019, 06:57 PM) *
I thought most OAPs went on meters? Save a fortune.

Size of my garden? And all the cars to keep clean? I don't think so!
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 7 2019, 07:53 PM) *
Size of my garden? And all the cars to keep clean? I don't think so!

Get a couple of IBCs and harvest rain water.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 7 2019, 07:59 PM) *
Get a couple of IBCs and harvest rain water.

Might just about keep me in water for the ice maker.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 7 2019, 08:54 PM) *
Might just about keep me in water for the ice maker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47485847

Plenty about to arrive in a garden near you. Patience is it's own reward.
Biker1
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 7 2019, 07:05 PM) *
Just had my annual demand with menaces from Thames Water for the coming year, I was shocked at how expensive it's become.

Just wait until you get your "demand with menaces" from our local, super efficient council.
Winging ts way to you shortly!! rolleyes.gif
Yet another above inflation increase on top of a green bin charge and little to show for it.
No alternative supplier either. If you don't pay you go to prison!
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 8 2019, 05:57 AM) *
Just wait until you get your "demand with menaces" from our local, super efficient council.
Winging ts way to you shortly!! rolleyes.gif
Yet another above inflation increase on top of a green bin charge and little to show for it.
No alternative supplier either. If you don't pay you go to prison!

Yes but in prison one receives 3 square meals/day, satellite tv,and any chemical stimulant the body requires, along with a room mate called Tarquin .........allegedly cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.