Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 28 2019, 12:49 PM) *
It's actually embarrassing. I can see how it appeals to a certain type though.

Yes it is very embarrassing, certainly for those who believe the Irish Border issue is a show stopping problem - it clearly isn't.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Mar 28 2019, 10:13 PM) *
Yes it is very embarrassing, certainly for those who believe the Irish Border issue is a show stopping problem - it clearly isn't.

That doesn't suit the narrative of rabid remainers though. The #fbpe loons...and they are just as bad as the ERG. Activate the Queen.🤣
TallDarkAndHandsome

That doesn't suit the narrative of rabid remainers though. The #fbpe loons...and they are just as bad as the ERG. Activate the Queen.🤣
newres

Insane. If it's not, explain why we're still in the EU. rolleyes.gif
je suis Charlie
Told you we wouldn't leave. Maybe now we can get back to doing normal stuff.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 29 2019, 11:59 AM) *
Told you we wouldn't leave. Maybe now we can get back to doing normal stuff.

We need a Guy called Fawkes.
Strafin
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 28 2019, 10:22 AM) *

For the second time, going against our parliament and our country, trying to persuade a foreign government to undermine our own laws. He should be done for treason.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Strafin @ Mar 29 2019, 12:41 PM) *
For the second time, going against our parliament and our country, trying to persuade a foreign government to undermine our own laws. He should be done for treason.

What now? (Perplexed look).
je suis Charlie
What a bunch of dementoid **** sticks. Better pray they grant us an extension (which they will). Bloody politicians! angry.gif
je suis Charlie
https://twitter.com/rosschawkins/status/1111648738609692672
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 29 2019, 06:45 AM) *
Insane. If it's not, explain why we're still in the EU. rolleyes.gif

Old trouble playing up again?
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Mar 29 2019, 09:44 PM) *
Old trouble playing up again?

Just people saying stupid things.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 30 2019, 06:24 PM) *

Dreadful isn't it? Just proves Jacob's contention those educated at State Schools are as thick as pot plants.
TallDarkAndHandsome

I wouldn't want to be a teller at the next election. I have a feeling that a large percentage of voting slips will be "spoiled".🤣
TallDarkAndHandsome

You should know..
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Mar 30 2019, 07:35 PM) *
Dreadful isn't it? Just proves Jacob's contention those educated at State Schools are as thick as pot plants.

Compared to what Eton spills out a Moss Side comprehensive is to be applauded on it's pupil achievement. Least they don't produce a buffoon who calls for a referendum only to disappear when the result doesn't go his way.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 30 2019, 10:15 PM) *
Compared to what Eton spills out a Moss Side comprehensive is to be applauded on it's pupil achievement. Least they don't produce a buffoon who calls for a referendum only to disappear when the result doesn't go his way.

Quite so, Sir William, quite so. Every school has those with special needs, even Eton.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Mar 31 2019, 07:30 AM) *
Quite so, Sir William, quite so. Every school has those with special needs, even Eton.

SirWilliam
Have to admit TDH that I struggle with those "robot" boxes, and this one is going to be no exception. rolleyes.gif
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Mar 28 2019, 11:13 PM) *

Will you explain how it “clearly” isn’t a problem when it’s the sole reason Brexit has failed? If you have no explanation for your stupid assertion then it can only be because you are stupid.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 31 2019, 03:17 PM) *
Will you explain how it “clearly” isn’t a problem when it’s the sole reason Brexit has failed? If you have no explanation for your stupid assertion then it can only be because you are stupid.

Why do you continue to throw insults at people that don't agree with you? All sounds rather desperate...
TallDarkAndHandsome

Why do you continue to throw insults at people that don't agree with you? All sounds rather desperate...
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 31 2019, 04:52 PM) *

I think if people post nonsense as fact, they ought to be able to justify it. I didn’t insult him anyway as such.
Mr Brown

For you my friend; no point.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 31 2019, 05:25 PM) *
I think if people post nonsense as fact, they ought to be able to justify it. I didn’t insult him anyway as such.

Your view of "nonsense" differs significantly from others. Does that mean you are some sort of prophet who never thinks in the wrong way? Justify your superior "intelligence"....
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Mar 31 2019, 05:26 PM) *
For you my friend; no point.

You can’t because it’s a ridiculous assertion. Given that it’s stopped the show, it’s a show stopper. It’s virtually a tautology.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 1 2019, 06:24 AM) *
You can’t because it’s a ridiculous assertion. Given that it’s stopped the show, it’s a show stopper. It’s virtually a tautology.

As again you so sadly demonstrate, no point; just believe what you will.
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 1 2019, 07:16 AM) *

It's not really just a belief though is it? It's evidenced by fact. Yours is a belief.
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 31 2019, 04:52 PM) *

That's not an insult. It is leaving the door open for one, but if the assertion is correct and justifiable then it wont be a problem.
Strafin
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 1 2019, 07:16 AM) *

People have to stop with all this believing what you will nonsense. There has never been more access to clear and correct information but everyone seems to be choosing what they do and don't believe. Facebook is the worst medium for this but saying that you can't be bothered to prove something, in my mind, means that it not proveable.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Apr 1 2019, 12:34 PM) *
People have to stop with all this believing what you will nonsense. There has never been more access to clear and correct information but everyone seems to be choosing what they do and don't believe. Facebook is the worst medium for this but saying that you can't be bothered to prove something, in my mind, means that it not proveable.

I guess you believe that religion should be banned then.🤣
Mr Brown
QUOTE (Strafin @ Apr 1 2019, 12:34 PM) *

Wholly agree but how dare you imply comments I've made are not true. What proof do you or anyone else need? Signed affidavits, entries from Hansard, published papers or what? Past experience here demonstrates that even if paths are provided, certain posters with closed minds still won't open. If we take the Irish border question, then that is actually dealt with in a technical paper created by the EU dealing with potential consequences of the UKs exit - go find. The very nature of politics means that there will be often wildly different interpretations of what appear at first sight to be clear and correct information - which time and again is proved unclear and incorrect. Most people are also beginning to realise that the web or Google is not the sole or indeed an infallible source. So for me, political debate is only possible with people who are able to respond with a reasoned grounded reply and not simply insults when their own views are challenged. I can only conclude that isn't likely to happen here.
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 1 2019, 05:02 PM) *
Wholly agree but how dare you imply comments I've made are not true. What proof do you or anyone else need? Signed affidavits, entries from Hansard, published papers or what? Past experience here demonstrates that even if paths are provided, certain posters with closed minds still won't open. If we take the Irish border question, then that is actually dealt with in a technical paper created by the EU dealing with potential consequences of the UKs exit - go find. The very nature of politics means that there will be often wildly different interpretations of what appear at first sight to be clear and correct information - which time and again is proved unclear and incorrect. Most people are also beginning to realise that the web or Google is not the sole or indeed an infallible source. So for me, political debate is only possible with people who are able to respond with a reasoned grounded reply and not simply insults when their own views are challenged. I can only conclude that isn't likely to happen here.

Irish border = deal stopped = deal stopper. Stop being silly.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 1 2019, 05:35 PM) *
Irish border = deal stopped = deal stopper. Stop being silly.

You really do have a problem don't you.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 1 2019, 05:46 PM) *
You really do have a problem don't you.

You can't have rational debate with the #fbpe cult Mr Brown.🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 1 2019, 06:00 PM) *
You can't have rational debate with the #fbpe cult Mr Brown.🤣

There isn’t a debate. Mr Brown is talking ***** and he can’t back it up.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 1 2019, 08:28 PM) *
There isn’t a debate. Mr Brown is talking ***** and he can’t back it up.

He is talking his view which he is quite entitled to. Does it make him right or wrong? That's a matter of opinion and it's why hopefully even if you disagree with people, they are still allowed to view said opinions. Sure challenge them but don't pretend to be holier than thou (and always correct). Not even I am that perfect...🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 1 2019, 08:55 PM) *
He is talking his view which he is quite entitled to. Does it make him right or wrong? That's a matter of opinion and it's why hopefully even if you disagree with people, they are still allowed to view said opinions. Sure challenge them but don't pretend to be holier than thou (and always correct). Not even I am that perfect...🤣

What’s the point of having a view that is demonstrably untrue?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 1 2019, 09:15 PM) *

Does that mean you would say that all people that believe in God, whether they be of any faith are also completely wrong and should be challenged?
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 1 2019, 08:15 PM) *

Back that up.
je suis Charlie
Newres on soschul meedja.

https://youtu.be/lVmmYMwFj1I
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 2 2019, 12:01 AM) *
Back that up.

I already have (even though I don't need to since I didn't make the ridiculous assertion). The Irish border is the reason the deal isn't being passed. Therefore it's a deal stopper. End of!
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 2 2019, 07:16 AM) *
I already have (even though I don't need to since I didn't make the ridiculous assertion). The Irish border is the reason the deal isn't being passed. Therefore it's a deal stopper. End of!

Gosh!

So, our PM, her cabinet, all our MP's, the opposition parties, news reporters and international pundits together with the EU are all 'stupid and ridiculous' for not noticing this.

Why don't you call an immediate press conference 'West Berkshire man solves Brexit crisis'? Hope you do, because it would be such a shame to see your far sighted deep analytical talents wasted.

(Irony of ironies, even the EU itself recognises that if we leave with 'no deal' there will need to be an Irish border, but a solution is straightfiorward and by no means insurmountable.)
James_Trinder
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 1 2019, 09:25 PM) *
Does that mean you would say that all people that believe in God, whether they be of any faith are also completely wrong and should be challenged?

As an atheist, in theory I would say exactly that but in practice it is not worth the hassle so it is easier to live and let live, especially as there are issues of greater importance to sort out currently e.g. Brexit. Even thinking about religion is a real thief of time when you have a life to lead and more practical matters that need urgent attention.
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 2 2019, 09:02 AM) *
Gosh!

So, our PM, her cabinet, all our MP's, the opposition parties, news reporters and international pundits together with the EU are all 'stupid and ridiculous' for not noticing this.

Why don't you call an immediate press conference 'West Berkshire man solves Brexit crisis'? Hope you do, because it would be such a shame to see your far sighted deep analytical talents wasted.

(Irony of ironies, even the EU itself recognises that if we leave with 'no deal' there will need to be an Irish border, but a solution is straightfiorward and by no means insurmountable.)

Er.. are you mad? You're the one who thinks he's solved it because for you it's not a deal breaker. It is insurmountable at the moment and that's why we're going to end up with another vote on it.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Apr 2 2019, 01:41 PM) *
Er.. are you mad? You're the one who thinks he's solved it because for you it's not a deal breaker. It is insurmountable at the moment and that's why we're going to end up with another vote on it.

No point; simply no point.
newres
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Apr 2 2019, 03:55 PM) *
No point; simply no point.

Quite. You haven’t got one.
je suis Charlie
And still no mention of another referendum.
Turin Machine
Nicely played Theresa, nicely played. laugh.gif
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 2 2019, 06:23 PM) *
And still no mention of another referendum.

TM still says that the WA is non negotiable. I reckon it will end up with a vote on her deal v Remain. She’ll split her party if she goes for a customs union so the to get Labour support I think she’ll offer a vote. I could be wrong ofcourse, but gradually we’re edging towards that I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.