Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 15 2018, 01:30 PM) *
Have you given up on the #fbpe loons then?

Mate, gonna be a second referendum now. No way round it.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 15 2018, 01:30 PM) *
Have you given up on the #fbpe loons then?

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Dec 15 2018, 07:38 PM) *
Mate, gonna be a second referendum now. No way round it.

What is the question though?😂

And I'll just leave this here...😂

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/15/bizarre-mome...summit-8250517/

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 15 2018, 10:42 PM) *
What is the question though?😂

And I'll just leave this here...😂

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/15/bizarre-mome...summit-8250517/

Not all bad news however,
'Only 25% of voters thinks Jeremy Corbyn is decisive, according to a survey, down from 31% in October. The Labour leader’s fall to his lowest score at any point since the 2017 general election came despite most voters seeing the Tory party as divided following a week of Brexit infighting.

Corbyn also recorded his lowest score for being trustworthy and someone that sticks to his principles, according to an Opinium poll of 2,016 adults online on 13 and 14 December, falling below the prime minister."

Source, the guarderobe!!
SirWilliam
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46600850

Reassuring to know that three and a half thousand troops will be on standby when we sever our umbilical cord from Europe without a deal. Like the profits of doom have predicted the sky will darken, shops will have no stock and children will be made to walk to school. All this is the fault of obtuse elderly residents being allowed to vote. Before the next election/plebiscite I propose that we restrict voting privilege to those over 5 and under 20; Liberals are of course exempt as their views are near as **** it to the new demographic.
Anyway with troops deployed to prevent the looting of the last cwt of wheat that has been set aside to feed the third world, we can now tuck into the xmas bird, (no pun), in the knowledge that it will probably be our last.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Dec 18 2018, 07:14 PM) *

Reassuring to know that three and a half thousand troops will be on standby when we sever our umbilical cord from Europe without a deal. Like the profits of doom have predicted the sky will darken, shops will have no stock and children will be made to walk to school. All this is the fault of obtuse elderly residents being allowed to vote. Before the next election/plebiscite I propose that we restrict voting privilege to those over 5 and under 20; Liberals are of course exempt as their views are near as **** it to the new demographic.
Anyway with troops deployed to prevent the looting of the last cwt of wheat that has been set aside to feed the third world, we can now tuck into the xmas bird, (no pun), in the knowledge that it will probably be our last.

Can't be too careful. Just let people who have #fbpe in there twitter handle vote. 🙄
je suis Charlie

Yeah, but, there's predicted to be a shortage of Mars bars. So it's serious!
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 18 2018, 11:08 PM) *
Yeah, but, there's predicted to be a shortage of Mars bars. So it's serious!

Maybe, just maybe, you have put your index digit on the real reason behind the last 3 years of panic. By eliminating the confectionary availability we will reduce the obesity problem in our dear little kiddiewinks at a stroke.
Three cheers for our political elite says I. biggrin.gif
newres
Gammon in Action.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/d...pporters-hitler
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Dec 20 2018, 02:53 PM) *

Rentamob doesn't mind the cause as long as they can shout. Wheel a "spokesperson" in front of a tv camera and you can guarantee some idiot will be waving a placard behind them opposing the view. Just a big game to some but they may treat it a little more seriously if they lived in a Country that frowned upon public protest. Try that in China or Russia and see how much sympathy you get.
je suis Charlie
You see, in the fevered little minds of the remoaner camp voting for Brexit automatically qualifies you as 'far right',. Really sad.
Turin Machine
That there Toynbee is as bad, whining remainer:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1061250/B...ht-Sky-News-row
Strafin

..., we can now tuck into the xmas bird, (no pun), in the knowledge that it will probably be our last.

Christmas Dinner will be very different next year...

No Brussells!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 21 2018, 01:26 PM) *
Christmas Dinner will be very different next year...

No Brussells!

They don't even have a leader...forced to resign by the on so militant Belgians!!!
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 21 2018, 02:07 PM) *
They don't even have a leader...forced to resign by the on so militant Belgians!!!

Ungrateful s*ds, we should ALL bow down in front of our leaders.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Dec 21 2018, 08:13 PM) *
Ungrateful s*ds, we should ALL bow down in front of our leaders.

Especially (apparently) if you're a woman.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Dec 15 2018, 09:51 PM) *
I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

That means you are either..

A. A bit thick
B. Completely out of touch
C. Being obtuse

All 3 make you look daft. But that's your perogative.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 22 2018, 05:10 PM) *
That means you are either..

A. A bit thick
B. Completely out of touch
C. Being obtuse

All 3 make you look daft. But that's your perogative.

I’ve since Googled it. There is another explanation. That’s that I’m not as “into” the whole alt right v normal people as you. Out of touch I guess and glad to be so. You neo Nazi types get really into it.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Dec 22 2018, 06:44 PM) *
I’ve since Googled it. There is another explanation. That’s that I’m not as “into” the whole alt right v normal people as you. Out of touch I guess and glad to be so. You neo Nazi types get really into it.

And a happy xmas to all, Left, Right, so what. enjoy xmas with your families. I'm off till after the new year and I expect to pick up the thread then. Don't drink and drive.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 22 2018, 06:54 PM) *
And a happy xmas to all, Left, Right, so what. enjoy xmas with your families. I'm off till after the new year and I expect to pick up the thread then. Don't drink and drive.

And you sir my fellow Nazi.😂
je suis Charlie
It's worse than we thought, Christmas will be cancelled due to Brexit! Oh No's!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...-brexit-in-2019

The Guardian, spreading truth and happiness like a rat spreads plague! Project fear lives on.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 23 2018, 04:30 PM) *
It's worse than we thought, Christmas will be cancelled due to Brexit! Oh No's!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...-brexit-in-2019

The Guardian, spreading truth and happiness like a rat spreads plague! Project fear lives on.

The guardian is about as balanced as the mail.
newres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_MvZORkezA

Pure comic genius.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Dec 24 2018, 09:42 PM) *

Thanks you, have a nice Christmas.
je suis Charlie
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-65...eak-Brexit.html

Quote, " Mr McLean is single and has no children". Comic genius!
newres
Nearly there.
Strafin
Daily Mail though
SirWilliam
So now we officially know what we knew anyway but it makes politicians feel "important". The left are still howling for the "people" to decide despite the glaringly obvious fact that it was a plebiscite that got us into this mess in the first place. General election?...And you thought it was bad now, but of course the mentally challenged will think that JC is the answer to a maiden's prayer and, like Zebedee, will bring order to the garden. Meanwhile the planet is still hurtling around the sun in time honoured fashion and a fellow called Trump treats his party guests to burger and chips.
Funny old world. rolleyes.gif
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 16 2019, 09:37 AM) *
So now we officially know what we knew anyway but it makes politicians feel "important". The left are still howling for the "people" to decide despite the glaringly obvious fact that it was a plebiscite that got us into this mess in the first place. General election?...And you thought it was bad now, but of course the mentally challenged will think that JC is the answer to a maiden's prayer and, like Zebedee, will bring order to the garden. Meanwhile the planet is still hurtling around the sun in time honoured fashion and a fellow called Trump treats his party guests to burger and chips.
Funny old world. rolleyes.gif

I believe it was the spiritual guru Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace who said "You better know yourself little girl, before you talk to me that way"
She also said "We were on the breadline. We were below the breadline, we only had pasta". Wise words.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jan 9 2019, 07:54 PM) *
Nearly there.

Where?😂😂
je suis Charlie
Soooo funny this.

Comic genius from all sides, looks like political panto.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 17 2019, 05:05 PM) *
Soooo funny this.

Would be non to pleased if I had paid good money to see them in the xmas offering. rolleyes.gif

One thing that does puzzle me however is the Green Party stance. Now we all know they would like us all to ride bicycles and sustain ourselves on nut cutlets but they are **** bent on rejoining the EU which only encourages a high carbon footprint with HGV's criss crossing europe unimpeded.
Least they have a plan though. cool.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 17 2019, 05:05 PM) *
Soooo funny this.

Gove gave a good speech. Destroyed Corbyn. Mind you...that is a bit of an open goal.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 17 2019, 08:49 PM) *
Gove gave a good speech. Destroyed Corbyn. Mind you...that is a bit of an open goal.

Let's face it, Paddington Bear could destroy Corbyn.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 17 2019, 09:34 PM) *
Let's face it, Paddington Bear could destroy Corbyn.

Corbyn to May..

I want to talk about brexit
I want to talk about brexit.

May... let's talk about Brexit

Corbyn... No.

😂😂😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 17 2019, 09:46 PM) *
Corbyn to May..

I want to talk about brexit.

May... let's talk about Brexit

Corbyn... No.

������

He'll talk to Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA, but he won't talk to the Maybot. It's like when you're out in the country and you see a hedgehog on the top of a fencepost, you know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb **** put him there to begin with.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 17 2019, 10:07 PM) *
He'll talk to Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA, but he won't talk to the Maybot. It's like when you're out in the country and you see a hedgehog on the top of a fencepost, you know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb **** put him there to begin with.

Newres???😂
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 17 2019, 10:07 PM) *

You do not have to fool all of the people all of the time....Just enough to make you feel important. Of course the "yoof" love him because their brains haven't migrated from their underpants yet but it is a worry that, with the tories on their knees, the best the opposition can muster is a man who puts ideology before country.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 17 2019, 08:49 PM) *

See here! Brilliant!

https://youtu.be/WluyCXzpLsw
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 18 2019, 11:21 AM) *
See here! Brilliant!

https://youtu.be/WluyCXzpLsw

Excellent speech of a man who may well be in no 10 before the year is out. Corbyn's body language portrayed a man who has been in the sun too long.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 18 2019, 11:59 AM) *
Excellent speech of a man who may well be in no 10 before the year is out. Corbyn's body language portrayed a man who has been in the sun too long.

Note his front bench, looked like stunned mullets.
x2lls
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 18 2019, 08:43 AM) *
You do not have to fool all of the people all of the time....Just enough to make you feel important. Of course the "yoof" love him because their brains haven't migrated from their underpants yet but it is a worry that, with the tories on their knees, the best the opposition can muster is a man who puts ideology before country.

Ironic that.

If you switch ideology and country in that sentence, you describe TR. wink.gif
SirWilliam
QUOTE (x2lls @ Jan 18 2019, 03:18 PM) *
Ironic that.

That's where the similarity ends; oh for someone who has leadership credentials.
newres
QUOTE (x2lls @ Jan 18 2019, 03:18 PM) *
Ironic that.

Hardly.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Jan 21 2019, 02:14 PM) *
Hardly.

I didn't understand that either dry.gif
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jan 21 2019, 06:17 PM) *
I didn't understand that either dry.gif

Country before ideology or ideology before country?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jan 9 2019, 07:54 PM) *
Nearly there.

Are you sure??😂
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 29 2019, 10:12 PM) *
Are you sure??😂

You’ve misread the situation. I’d be unhappily content with May’s WA although there will still be years of negotiations left if the EU open up the WA again. But if they don’t, there will be additional amendable votes in parliament. Time wise we’re nearer no deal but the things to bear in mind are the following.

May is highly unlikely to allow no deal.
She doesn’t need to call an election making a referendum more likely
The public in all polls are for remaining.
Parliament is overwhelmingly against no deal.
May has promised more votes.

Keep your Prosecco on ice. wink.gif
je suis Charlie
The public in all polls seem very much to be as diverse as they were at the start. Efforts to delay Brexit failed miserably last night, no delay means no time left for a second referendum. Either, the EU cabal will need to bend on the whole backstop issue or we simply crash out with no deal. Those are the only two options.

And who the **** drinks Prosecco?
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 30 2019, 03:23 PM) *
The public in all polls seem very much to be as diverse as they were at the start. Efforts to delay Brexit failed miserably last night, no delay means no time left for a second referendum. Either, the EU cabal will need to bend on the whole backstop issue or we simply crash out with no deal. Those are the only two options.

And who the **** drinks Prosecco?

Did you switch off the TV before the end of the votes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.