Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Andy Capp
Lost my only sibling over 20 years ago. I don’t think I have recovered properly from that. I still have both parents but I know it is now a matter of time; it doesn’t help when one of them insists on riding motorcycles. mellow.gif
Turin Machine
Enjoy them while you have them, you don't realise how much you should have said to them untill it's too late. I know that to some people they're just a dribbly embarrassment that smells of pee and germolene but spend time with them, talk to them, and remember that once you lose them you can't ever tell them how much you love them. And show them some respect, they deserve it.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 5 2019, 10:50 AM) *
Enjoy them while you have them, you don't realise how much you should have said to them untill it's too late. I know that to some people they're just a dribbly embarrassment that smells of pee and germolene but spend time with them, talk to them, and remember that once you lose them you can't ever tell them how much you love them. And show them some respect, they deserve it.

Total agreement. Always regretted not asking my grandfather more about his early life, ( late 19th century). Never object to caring for their needs in old age as they cared for you when you were a baby. A bum needs cleaning whether they are capable or not so do not shy away from the task in hand.
My sympathies to all on here who have lost someone, but reflect on their lives not their death.
je suis Charlie
There it is then, extension to article 50, second referendum, remain in EU. Why? Why did the politicians not simply say two years ago that they wouldn't honour the result and tell Junker were staying. Would have saved all this wasted time and money.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 12 2019, 07:28 PM) *
There it is then, extension to article 50, second referendum, remain in EU. Why? Why did the politicians not simply say two years ago that they wouldn't honour the result and tell Junker were staying. Would have saved all this wasted time and money.

The issue is that May should have reached out earlier to the other side.

Oh. Has TDH stopped his clock? laugh.gif
je suis Charlie
From the BBC website,

"Laura Borland, 35, is a Remainer living in Sunderland who didn’t vote in the referendum

She says: “I can’t believe they’ve not come to some sort of deal so close to 29 March.

"I almost feel like we should have another election, but I wouldn’t know who to vote for.

"We should sack the lot of them.”

So this 'remainer' didn't bother to vote last time, and now she thinks we should have an election, which presumably she won't bother to vote in. I despair, I really do.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 12 2019, 08:00 PM) *
The issue is that May should have reached out earlier to the other side.

Oh. Has TDH stopped his clock? laugh.gif

Over 17 million people won't bother engaging with democracy again. Don't personally think it's something to laugh about. Don't come crying on this forum when the far right inevitably (and it will be foul and disgusting) start to reap the seeds that these idiots have sown. These clowns are about to start a crisis.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 12 2019, 08:57 PM) *
From the BBC website,

"Laura Borland, 35, is a Remainer living in Sunderland who didn’t vote in the referendum

She says: “I can’t believe they’ve not come to some sort of deal so close to 29 March.

"I almost feel like we should have another election, but I wouldn’t know who to vote for.

So this 'remainer' didn't bother to vote last time, and now she thinks we should have an election, which presumably she won't bother to vote in. I despair, I really do.

There’s a lot like that who just assumed Remain was a foregone conclusion. That’s why Leave are against a second vote because it’ll be a resounding vote for Remain this time.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 12 2019, 09:28 PM) *
There’s a lot like that who just assumed Remain was a foregone conclusion. That’s why Leave are against a second vote because it’ll be a resounding vote for Remain this time.

You live in a remainer bubble my old foe.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 12 2019, 09:30 PM) *
You live in a remainer bubble my old foe.

Along with I’d estimate 65% of the population.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 12 2019, 09:57 PM) *

🤣🤣 The problem is even if you are correct, which you are not, the 35% you talk about are quite fanatical, well organised and have a lot of wealth. Let's face the music and dance.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 12 2019, 09:57 PM) *

Of which roughly 30% will suddenly realise that actually going out to vote when they could be on a sofa watching home and away is a non starter. If they offered a free beard trimmer with every vote at least the Hipsters would turn out.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 12 2019, 10:05 PM) *
🤣🤣 The problem is even if you are correct, which you are not, the 35% you talk about are quite fanatical, well organised and have a lot of wealth. Let's face the music and dance.

There are extremists. The whole thing is driven by extremists but we have a police force to knock the heads of the outright nutters.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 13 2019, 02:56 AM) *
There are extremists. The whole thing is driven by extremists but we have a police force to knock the heads of the outright nutters.

No we don't. The police force are too busy trying to prosecute people being nasty to one another on social media. Also.. are you for the "French" police way of dealing with protesters?

SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 12 2019, 08:57 PM) *
From the BBC website,

Like the man said, " If voting solved anything they wouldn't let us do it", and by the same token if we don't engage with the democratic procedure then we are hardly in a position to criticise those who do.
And these are the people who will be contributing to "our brave new world". We are all doomed.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 12 2019, 07:28 PM) *

I see my Chrystal ball is in perfect working order, again.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 13 2019, 04:17 PM) *
No we don't. The police force are too busy trying to prosecute people being nasty to one another on social media. Also.. are you for the "French" police way of dealing with protesters?

You really are a caricature. How many people have been prosecuted for social media offences?
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 13 2019, 08:17 PM) *
You really are a caricature. How many people have been prosecuted for social media offences?

Err, the CPS successfully prosecuted more than 15,000 social media hate crime incidents in 2015-16.

Little tip, never ask a question if you don't already know the answer to.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 13 2019, 08:46 PM) *
Err, the CPS successfully prosecuted more than 15,000 social media hate crime incidents in 2015-16.

I couldn't even be bothered to answer. And that was 2015 to 16. Wait till the latest figures are released...

je suis Charlie
I forsee a lot of social unrest over this, the whole thing has been badly managed and will cast a scar over people's trust of parliament for decades to come.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 13 2019, 10:11 PM) *
I forsee a lot of social unrest over this, the whole thing has been badly managed and will cast a scar over people's trust of parliament for decades to come.

I foresee the EU telling us to F off with the extension (all 27 would have to agree it) and we leave on 29 March. At least everyone can blame the EU then. 🤣🤣
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 13 2019, 08:46 PM) *

Have you got a link?
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 13 2019, 10:15 PM) *
I foresee the EU telling us to F off with the extension (all 27 would have to agree it) and we leave on 29 March. At least everyone can blame the EU then. 🤣🤣

What I'd anticipate we'll do in that situation is withdraw Article 50. That way we don't need a unanimous agreement. Parliament won't see us crash out without a deal. Have you learned nothing?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 14 2019, 08:47 AM) *
What I'd anticipate we'll do in that situation is withdraw Article 50. That way we don't need a unanimous agreement. Parliament won't see us crash out without a deal. Have you learned nothing?

🤣🤣
je suis Charlie
Now it's getting interesting, where's the popcorn emoji?
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 14 2019, 06:27 PM) *
Now it's getting interesting, where's the popcorn emoji?

Where’s the link?
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 14 2019, 06:52 PM) *
Where’s the link?

It's in the data stream, go burrow.
je suis Charlie
Gotta love the king of cord,
"Following the votes, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn reiterated his support for a further referendum after earlier ordering his MPs not to vote for one."

Oh RLY?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 14 2019, 08:46 AM) *
Have you got a link?

Here's one from the other day. 16 year old saddo in bedroom is nasty to multi millionaire footballer. Break the doors down. Dawn raid! ...please... yes this 16 year old is most likely a white extremist but really? Police? Arrests? Anyway as he is 16 surely he is a child (see ISIS brides) and didn't know what he was doing? Most probably "radicalised" on line. Needs help. A house and lots of benefits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47552029

newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 14 2019, 07:17 PM) *
Here's one from the other day. 16 year old saddo in bedroom is nasty to multi millionaire footballer. Break the doors down. Dawn raid! ...please... yes this 16 year old is most likely a white extremist but really? Police? Arrests? Anyway as he is 16 surely he is a child (see ISIS brides) and didn't know what he was doing? Most probably "radicalised" on line. Needs help. A house and lots of benefits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47552029

Ok, so that’s one. rolleyes.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 14 2019, 08:26 PM) *
Ok, so that’s one. rolleyes.gif

🤣🤣.... so you agree with this "policing"???
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 14 2019, 08:47 PM) *
🤣🤣.... so you agree with this "policing"???

I didn’t click on it. I tend not to get too excited about isolated incidents that people post and claim it’s the norm. I’m still waiting for the link on 15,000 successful prosecutions for social media crimes. Utter nonsense ofcourse.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 14 2019, 09:22 PM) *
I didn’t click on it. I tend not to get too excited about isolated incidents that people post and claim it’s the norm. I’m still waiting for the link on 15,000 successful prosecutions for social media crimes. Utter nonsense ofcourse.

Will you click on this link?🤣🤣 It is the "Guardian"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/au...alison-saunders

newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 14 2019, 09:27 PM) *
Will you click on this link?🤣🤣 It is the "Guardian"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/au...alison-saunders

You had to go back two years this time? I reckon if you keep linking to them all we might get to ten. OMG! It’s an epidemic! PC gone mad!

TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 14 2019, 10:13 PM) *
You had to go back two years this time? I reckon if you keep linking to them all we might get to ten. OMG! It’s an epidemic! PC gone mad!

You asked for facts. I gave them. It just proves you are a blinkered blowhard.😂😂
je suis Charlie

Try looking for it yourself, like I did, stop being lazy and do your own research. I can't do everything for you, I'm not your mummy. It's there if you look.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 14 2019, 11:01 PM) *
Try looking for it yourself, like I did, stop being lazy and do your own research. I can't do everything for you, I'm not your mummy. It's there if you look.

It doesn't want to look. Probably tooooo busy drinking soy and trolling..
Turin Machine

Took me, what? 45 seconds to come up with this!

"According to the CPS the policy statements have been updated to take into account the mounting number of cases sparked by abuse on social media and covers all the different strand of hate crime, including religious and racist, disability, homophobic, biphobic and transphobic.

They added that between 2015-16, prosecutors completed 15,442 hate crime cases - the highest number ever recorded."

millennials huh, can't even do basic left click!
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 14 2019, 11:47 PM) *
Took me, what? 45 seconds to come up with this!

"According to the CPS the policy statements have been updated to take into account the mounting number of cases sparked by abuse on social media and covers all the different strand of hate crime, including religious and racist, disability, homophobic, biphobic and transphobic.

They added that between 2015-16, prosecutors completed 15,442 hate crime cases - the highest number ever recorded."

millennials huh, can't even do basic left click!

I see what you did. You searched for something different than social media offences.
je suis Charlie
Try picking up some leaflets on your way home, there is help available now. Avail yourself of it.
Strafin
I clicked it, and I read it. It quite clearly states there were 15,000 prosecutions for hate crimes. It is important that if there is a law that is broken a procedure of prosecution should always be the goal.

It might not always seem to be in our interest but presumably someone has considered it to be in the interest of the public at large. So that's hate crimes, if you're going to cite something as a fact be expected to back it up. That's not doing our work for us, that's called creating a sensible objection. You can say anything without proof, and it's harder to not find something to prove that something didn't happen.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 15 2019, 12:03 PM) *
Try picking up some leaflets on your way home, there is help available now. Avail yourself of it.

I suggest you don't make statements you have no evidence for and not expect to be "called out".
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 15 2019, 05:37 PM) *
I suggest you don't make statements you have no evidence for and not expect to be "called out".

Lots of evidence, just not sharing it with you. Try posting links to support your contention.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Strafin @ Mar 15 2019, 12:38 PM) *
I clicked it, and I read it. It quite clearly states there were 15,000 prosecutions for hate crimes. It is important that if there is a law that is broken a procedure of prosecution should always be the goal.

It might not always seem to be in our interest but presumably someone has considered it to be in the interest of the public at large. So that's hate crimes, if you're going to cite something as a fact be expected to back it up. That's not doing our work for us, that's called creating a sensible objection. You can say anything without proof, and it's harder to not find something to prove that something didn't happen.

Good for you, seriously, you actually bothered to look for it and not just sit on the sidelines whimpering like a little girl.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 15 2019, 06:17 PM) *
Lots of evidence, just not sharing it with you. Try posting links to support your contention.

Social media liar.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Mar 15 2019, 07:30 PM) *
Social media liar.

Post the links then for your contention, whiny little *****.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 15 2019, 07:54 PM) *

He doesn't need too. He is Lord Newres, a delusional Walter Mitty. If he issues a statement then it is true (in his fantasy newres la la land)
Turin Machine
5 minutes! I leave you lot alone for five bleeding minutes! And look how you behave.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 15 2019, 07:54 PM) *

Don’t get abusive. It’s not me that was so desperate to score points on the Internet that I felt the need to make statistics up.
SirWilliam
[quote name='Turin Machine' post='123784' date='Mar 16 2019, 12:10 AM']5 minutes! I leave you lot alone for five bleeding minutes! And look how you behave.[/quote
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.