Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 28 2019, 08:40 PM) *
Yep. TBH on a sort of weird way I'd almost welcome a Corbyn government. Just to see his disciples slowly realise what they have done. Oh and it would last about 18 months and ensure 20 years of Conservative rule after (until the next gullible generation come along).

Are you mad? We have only just got straight from the last time they thought they could run the country. Sadomasochistic tendencies will not be encouraged on this site thank you very much. laugh.gif
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 28 2019, 08:40 PM) *
Yep. TBH on a sort of weird way I'd almost welcome a Corbyn government. Just to see his disciples slowly realise what they have done. Oh and it would last about 18 months and ensure 20 years of Conservative rule after (until the next gullible generation come along).

Fixed term act, sorry, they've got four years of spite, class war, financial havoc and cuddling terrorists to do yet. Enjoy.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Sep 29 2019, 12:50 AM) *
Fixed term act, sorry, they've got four years of spite, class war, financial havoc and cuddling terrorists to do yet. Enjoy.

Be quite funny though. Venezuela here we come.😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 29 2019, 11:48 AM) *
Be quite funny though. Venezuela here we come.😂

Less bollocks is the "Unity Government" plan, which is ironically currently failing because it can't reach an agreement between the various parties. Corbyn, who's spent the last few weeks railing against the unelected PM (like what Gordon Brown was), says he'll be "caretaker PM" and promises it'll just be for a few weeks while they avoid a no-deal Brexit with their renegotiated deal (which can't happen) and put a referendum law in place, then have a general election.

Now, I'm no history buff, but an anti-Semite big on red-and-drab, who wants to put a pause on democracy while he's in charge for just a few weeks to sort **** out... kinda sets my Spidey senses going.

Luckily, as noted above, it doesn't appear to be happening because Jo "18 MPs" Swinson can't apparently stomach a Corbyn government.
Turin Machine
Corbyn and his friends' main objective is to dismantle the way our government works entirely. He is anti monarchy, anti the house of lords, anti opposition parties, anti anyone-in-Labour-who-disagrees-with-him and they don't even count their own votes correctly.
I'd rather see Brexit through than let Corbyn assume power and force it through anyway so he can cancel the EHRC investigation and biff off our human rights. No ******* way. At least the Tories only want our money.
Happily, come the November election it looks like Swinson will be the LOTO rather than Corbyn.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 1 2019, 07:00 PM) *
Less bollocks is the "Unity Government" plan, which is ironically currently failing because it can't reach an agreement between the various parties. Corbyn, who's spent the last few weeks railing against the unelected PM (like what Gordon Brown was), says he'll be "caretaker PM" and promises it'll just be for a few weeks while they avoid a no-deal Brexit with their renegotiated deal (which can't happen) and put a referendum law in place, then have a general election.

Now, I'm no history buff, but an anti-Semite big on red-and-drab, who wants to put a pause on democracy while he's in charge for just a few weeks to sort **** out... kinda sets my Spidey senses going.

Luckily, as noted above, it doesn't appear to be happening because Jo "18 MPs" Swinson can't apparently stomach a Corbyn government.

"Corbyn man,Corbyn man, does whatever a corbyn can".......Has a certain "ring" about it. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
spartacus
It's not just Corbyn, it's others stood behind him with elbow length rubber gloves and tubs of lube who operate his movements and direction of travel who need to be given equal pariah treatment. The Marxist John McDonnell for instance. Having him in charge of the country's finances just doesn't bear thinking about..
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Oct 1 2019, 07:35 PM) *
Corbyn and his friends' main objective is to dismantle the way our government works entirely. He is anti monarchy, anti the house of lords, anti opposition parties, anti anyone-in-Labour-who-disagrees-with-him and they don't even count their own votes correctly.
I'd rather see Brexit through than let Corbyn assume power and force it through anyway so he can cancel the EHRC investigation and biff off our human rights. No ******* way. At least the Tories only want our money.
Happily, come the November election it looks like Swinson will be the LOTO rather than Corbyn.

He may be in favour of a republic but I bet he wouldn’t lie to the monarch.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Oct 3 2019, 11:01 AM) *

Yeah. Treason. Off with Johnsons head.
Let have it. Corbyn Abbott and McDonnell.
What's not to love about that?
Luxury Communism. We are all rich.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Oct 3 2019, 11:01 AM) *

Who has lied to Liz?.... Apart from her sycophantic entourage? All Boris did was tell her parliament was going to be shut down till after the party jollies. It was not an illegal act , just an unlawful one as there was nothing on the statute book, which according to the court, gave it legitimacy. Do not confuse the two.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 3 2019, 03:55 PM) *
Who has lied to Liz?.... Apart from her sycophantic entourage? All Boris did was tell her parliament was going to be shut down till after the party jollies. It was not an illegal act , just an unlawful one as there was nothing on the statute book, which according to the court, gave it legitimacy. Do not confuse the two.

Nah. Let's have it. Luxury Communism now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyoCaesar

This young "lady" is showing us all the way....😁
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 3 2019, 04:00 PM) *
Nah. Let's have it. Luxury Communism now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyoCaesar

This young "lady" is showing us all the way....😁

Read it.....Read it again......Couldn't understand an effing word. The appellation "twitter" is an affront to the Aves genus. rolleyes.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 3 2019, 08:18 PM) *
Read it.....Read it again......Couldn't understand an effing word. The appellation "twitter" is an affront to the Aves genus. rolleyes.gif

Sir Will. It's the future. Luxury Communism. We are all rich and no one has to work. What's wrong with that?

Do you also like this young lady f**k like a champion? Or have those years passed you by?😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 3 2019, 09:46 PM) *
Sir Will. It's the future. Luxury Communism. We are all rich and no one has to work. What's wrong with that?

Do you also like this young lady f**k like a champion? Or have those years passed you by?😂

I see there's something called a femi there as well. my my.
Turin Machine
I see you.gov has the Marxist panty waisters in third place now, if Corby stays much longer they'll win fewer seats than the greens.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 3 2019, 09:46 PM) *

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
Biker1
Interesting to see that this forum has become a small, local reflection of that which is happening in parliament and across the country as a whole.
Nothing is being discussed or dealt with to any great extent at the expense of Brexit.
I.E. nothing else is review or debated on here (really just a local forum) any more other than the "B" word¬
Some have tried but the subject soon disappears into the Brexit melee! smile.gif
Mr Brown
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 4 2019, 11:01 AM) *
Interesting to see that this forum has become a small, local reflection of that which is happening in parliament and across the country as a whole.
Nothing is being discussed or dealt with to any great extent at the expense of Brexit.
I.E. nothing else is review or debated on here (really just a local forum) any more other than the "B" word¬
Some have tried but the subject soon disappears into the Brexit melee! smile.gif

Very good point and worrying too. Government continues of course, as does commerce, BUT one wonders what changes have slipped through, what little freedoms we have lost, what damage done, all unnoticed and unreported? Good period for burying bad news as they say.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Oct 4 2019, 01:22 PM) *
Very good point and worrying too. Government continues of course, as does commerce, BUT one wonders what changes have slipped through, what little freedoms we have lost, what damage done, all unnoticed and unreported? Good period for burying bad news as they say.

The idea of another referendum fills me with dread. Enough. Just get on with it. Leave and re bloody join if necessary. Just do something!!!!aaagghhhhh!!!!!!
Mr Brown
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 4 2019, 06:48 PM) *
The idea of another referendum fills me with dread. Enough. Just get on with it. Leave and re bloody join if necessary. Just do something!!!!aaagghhhhh!!!!!!

Agree, in or out, just make the decision - whichever way it goes we are stuffed.
Biker1
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 4 2019, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Oct 4 2019, 06:53 PM) *
Agree, in or out, just make the decision - whichever way it goes we are stuffed.

I think you both speak for probably 90% of the population with those statements.
Leave or stay,.......just get it over and done with!!! sad.gif
SirWilliam
Just come across this little gem from the days of comic genius.

https://youtu.be/3TFx9u1t1LY

Now we all know how the present incumbents were influenced by the media at an early age, which leads me to conclude that all forms of communication needs to be abolished. No more tv/radio/papers/books/internet etc. We owe it to our children to remove these nasty influential outlets..........Sorry I shouldn't have written this under the new guidelines. dry.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 5 2019, 11:04 AM) *
Just come across this little gem from the days of comic genius.

https://youtu.be/3TFx9u1t1LY

Now we all know how the present incumbents were influenced by the media at an early age, which leads me to conclude that all forms of communication needs to be abolished. No more tv/radio/papers/books/internet etc. We owe it to our children to remove these nasty influential outlets..........Sorry I shouldn't have written this under the new guidelines. dry.gif

Why have the older generation suddenly become "thick"?
Just wondered .. I mean the remainers keep wishing all people over a certain age to die..
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 5 2019, 05:31 PM) *
Just wondered .. I mean the remainers keep wishing all people over a certain age to die..

Not all. Only those that voted leave.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2019, 06:07 PM) *

I hope all young remainers die a horrible fiery death. And there leaver parents die and leave all inheritance to the Brexit party.

I actually don't. Ho hum.

Extremist remainer FBPE types are ****1ng deranged.
Do you know how insulting it is? My Mum voted remain, God rest her soul.

F@ck all the Cretins that treat Brexit as a religion.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 5 2019, 06:26 PM) *
I hope all young remainers die a horrible fiery death. And there leaver parents die and leave all inheritance to the Brexit party.

I actually don't. Ho hum.

Extremist remainer FBPE types are ****1ng deranged.
Do you know how insulting it is? My Mum voted remain, God rest her soul.

F@ck all the Cretins that treat Brexit as a religion.

I had you down as one of those. Are you now saying you’re a remainiac?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2019, 07:31 PM) *
I had you down as one of those. Are you now saying you’re a remainiac?

Like most people I don't give a sh1t anymore. That's something (he doesn't understand much) that Boris does understand..people are fed up. Move on. We've had enough of the Farages, Lammys, Femis, Swinsons, and all those twats like Jo Maugham and Gina Millers. We get it. Democracy is dead. Move on.
Biker1
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 5 2019, 07:47 PM) *
Like most people I don't give a sh1t anymore. That's something (he doesn't understand much) that Boris does understand..people are fed up. Move on. We've had enough of the Farages, Lammys, Femis, Swinsons, and all those twats like Jo Maugham and Gina Millers. We get it. Democracy is dead. Move on.

Please!!! sad.gif
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2019, 06:07 PM) *

Eugenics is the answer. . Obviously old Adolf was a forward thinking sort of chap who was misunderstood at the time but now his ideas are having a certain resonance with an element of the british public. biggrin.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 6 2019, 10:34 AM) *
Eugenics is the answer. . Obviously old Adolf was a forward thinking sort of chap who was misunderstood at the time but now his ideas are having a certain resonance with an element of the british public. biggrin.gif

Quite agree fella. We can sort out the population problem as well. Be good for the climate. As I've said before let's make it 30. Logan's run and all that.

Also make it a capital crime not to follow the "leaders"....
TallDarkAndHandsome
Of course if anyone investigated "transparency international" an EU funded project that Jo Swinsons husband is a director of, and who earns 100x what she earns, they would be in real trouble....

Just saying....

https://nyebevannews.co.uk/swinson-fails-to...european-union/

Nothing to see here....no conflict of interest...whatsoever...
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 5 2019, 05:31 PM) *
In my mind, it's not the older generation, it's the baby boomers. And thick is unfair, more ignorant, but they a ren't all like that, just a huge chunk who refuse to move on like the rest of the world. I'm sure you could make sweeping statements about any generation though.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 7 2019, 08:17 AM) *
In my mind, it's not the older generation, it's the baby boomers. And thick is unfair, more ignorant, but they a ren't all like that, just a huge chunk who refuse to move on like the rest of the world. I'm sure you could make sweeping statements about any generation though.

Hard as it may be to believe but I actually agree with you. I sometimes wonder how a good proportion of that demographic have managed to reach the age they have unscathed. Like you say non acceptance of progress is nothing new but in a modern world with complete access to information both factual and otherwise we should at least be able to debate a subject from a position of knowledge not bigotry.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 7 2019, 08:17 AM) *

The main reason for criticism of the 'younger' generation is their steadfast refusal to accept that they don't know everything and that they themselves will always remain at the top of the knowledge heap. Every generation makes the same assumption and every generation is proven wrong. This one is no different.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Oct 7 2019, 05:14 PM) *
The main reason for criticism of the 'younger' generation is their steadfast refusal to accept that they don't know everything and that they themselves will always remain at the top of the knowledge heap. Every generation makes the same assumption and every generation is proven wrong. This one is no different.

Fnarr! I've just listened in at a pub quiz, the level of sheer ignorance at basic subjects amongst the young is both staggering and I might say, frightening.
James_Trinder
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 8 2019, 12:03 AM) *
Fnarr! I've just listened in at a pub quiz, the level of sheer ignorance at basic subjects amongst the young is both staggering and I might say, frightening.

How are you defining young here? I do a pub quiz each week myself and I can assure you that my knowledge of basic subjects is not lacking.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Oct 8 2019, 10:41 AM) *
How are you defining young here? I do a pub quiz each week myself and I can assure you that my knowledge of basic subjects is not lacking.

The table I sat next two had three guys about mid twenties, while not all younger people are quite so dense I'm sure, they can't be. But it did make the popular assertion that 'young bright, older stupid' that I read about sometimes particularly amusing.
James_Trinder
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 8 2019, 12:10 PM) *
The table I sat next two had three guys about mid twenties, while not all younger people are quite so dense I'm sure, they can't be. But it did make the popular assertion that 'young bright, older stupid' that I read about sometimes particularly amusing.

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Socrates

It is for this very reason that I mostly keep my opinions to myself, especially when it concerns topics that I know very little or nothing about.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Oct 8 2019, 03:48 PM) *
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Socrates

It is for this very reason that I mostly keep my opinions to myself, especially when it concerns topics that I know very little or nothing about.

Was wondering why we do not see your comments on a regular basis. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Seriously though having just witnessed an "elderly" bloke alight from a bus and walk straight in front of it to cross a busy road I am of the opinion that age has very little to do with it. A thick 20 year old will probably be pretty damned obtuse by the time he is 70 but a bright 5 year old is only going one way.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 8 2019, 04:57 PM) *
Was wondering why we do not see your comments on a regular basis. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Seriously though having just witnessed an "elderly" bloke alight from a bus and walk straight in front of it to cross a busy road I am of the opinion that age has very little to do with it. A thick 20 year old will probably be pretty damned obtuse by the time he is 70 but a bright 5 year old is only going one way.

I treat young and old alike. Not much to ask is it?
Lumping anyone over 50 as an old thick brexiteer is lazy and unwarranted.
Likewise saying people under 25 haven't lived and know nothing is also lazy and unwarranted.
The young can learn from the old and the old can learn from the young.
And I dare say Boris can learn from Angela.🤣

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Oct 8 2019, 03:48 PM) *

Unlike newres.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 8 2019, 06:46 PM) *
I treat young and old alike. Not much to ask is it?
Lumping anyone over 50 as an old thick brexiteer is lazy and unwarranted.
Likewise saying people under 25 haven't lived and know nothing is also lazy and unwarranted.
The young can learn from the old and the old can learn from the young.
And I dare say Boris can learn from Angela.🤣

So, because you voted Brexit it doesn't mean you're automatically a thick gammon Nazi? That sort of thing? Umm, interesting concept, needs thought, I'll get back to you. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 8 2019, 07:32 PM) *
So, because you voted Brexit it doesn't mean you're automatically a thick gammon Nazi? That sort of thing? Umm, interesting concept, needs thought, I'll get back to you. laugh.gif

Well some may still think that leaving is the right thing to do and if we don't take this chance then we wont get another.
But those sorts of thoughts put you against the judiciary, the majority of politicians and the powers that be..
They really ought to get rid of this one person one vote malarkey if we don't Brexit to avoid a repeat. Just to make sure.
James_Trinder
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 8 2019, 07:32 PM) *

No, not automatically.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 8 2019, 09:49 PM) *
Well some may still think that leaving is the right thing to do and if we don't take this chance then we wont get another.
But those sorts of thoughts put you against the judiciary, the majority of politicians and the powers that be..
They really ought to get rid of this one person one vote malarkey if we don't Brexit to avoid a repeat. Just to make sure.

It must be obvious by now it's not gonna happen, Johnson had a good try and I admire him for it but the odds were always stacked against him.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 9 2019, 11:17 AM) *
It must be obvious by now it's not gonna happen, Johnson had a good try and I admire him for it but the odds were always stacked against him.

Wholly concur.
Mr Brown

And so the nightmare comes. The hellish coalition of LibDems and Labour in power for a couple of decades at least. Still, won't need to fly anywhere for a Greek holiday, you'll be able to have one here.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Oct 9 2019, 07:31 PM) *
And so the nightmare comes. The hellish coalition of LibDems and Labour in power for a couple of decades at least. Still, won't need to fly anywhere for a Greek holiday, you'll be able to have one here.

Look on the bright side. We will have a Greek climate due to global warming and will be more suited to a "sedentary" lifestyle...🏝😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 9 2019, 07:46 PM) *
Look on the bright side. We will have a Greek climate due to global warming and will be more suited to a "sedentary" lifestyle...🏝😂

Dear God, can you imagine it, going to work by donkey cart carrying a paper bag with cabbage sandwiches in it for your lunch! I might have to go join TM in France, my business will be seized and turned over to the people's committee to make bicycles with and anyone over the age of thirty will be sent for re-education and gender neutrality acceptance. Happy days.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 9 2019, 11:36 PM) *
Dear God, can you imagine it, going to work by donkey cart carrying a paper bag with cabbage sandwiches in it for your lunch! I might have to go join TM in France, my business will be seized and turned over to the people's committee to make bicycles with and anyone over the age of thirty will be sent for re-education and gender neutrality acceptance. Happy days.

Ah the "brave new world" eh. Like the idea of commuting by donkey, has a certain rustic charm, and as they walk at the same pace as a man, one can converse with those lesser mortals who, though once had a range rover, now find themselves taxed into poverty and on foot.
The down side is I can't stand olives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.