Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 3 2019, 07:48 PM) *
Personally I want to be out when the German banks collapse...which they will do as they have built up endless bad debts to cover the ***** of failing southern European states. Anyone with any ounce of Finanial acumen knows what is coming and it is going to make 2008 and Brexit look like slideshows... I pity the next German Chancellor..oh and remember how the EU treated the UK when they are in the sh1t.

Trading with the rest of the world whilst the EU implodes may be out salvation.

When will the German banks have collapsed by? No good saying they will endlessly. When can we say your prediction hasn’t come true?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 3 2019, 07:57 PM) *
Which is precisely why they don't want us to go, basically the whole shooting match is bankrupt, financially and fiscally.

Very few people me seem to realise though... the latest wheeze from the powers that be is to merge two German toxic banks commerz and Deutsche. Sort of reminds you of RBS leading up to 2008...🤣
newres
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 3 2019, 08:25 PM) *
When will the German banks have collapsed by? No good saying they will endlessly. When can we say your prediction hasn’t come true?

Any answer on this so I know when to breathe a sigh of relief? Thought not.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 4 2019, 09:49 AM) *
Any answer on this so I know when to breathe a sigh of relief? Thought not.

By the end of 2019. Guaranteed.
And if I am wrong I will apologise.

TallDarkAndHandsome
On another note plagues of rats I tell you... super rats so I understand. 4 feet long and growing every year we are out of the EU..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/fear...-could-13944476

Godzilla may also be lumbering up the Thames on 29/3.

Hope you have your Brexit survival bug out kits ready....

https://www.brexitsurvivalpacks.com

newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 4 2019, 10:05 PM) *
By the end of 2019. Guaranteed.
And if I am wrong I will apologise.

Ok. I’ve a note in my diary but somehow I don’t think you’ll be changing your name any time soon to Freddie Futureseer. These stories get very boring. Italy will collapse, Euro on its last legs, yellow vests to tear up the EU. It’s right wing wishful thinking.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 5 2019, 07:28 AM) *
Ok. I’ve a note in my diary but somehow I don’t think you’ll be changing your name any time soon to Freddie Futureseer. These stories get very boring. Italy will collapse, Euro on its last legs, yellow vests to tear up the EU. It’s right wing wishful thinking.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...-brussels-leave
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 5 2019, 10:33 AM) *

"Duplicit sod" comes to mind, but I'm sure his spin doctors are working on it. Maybe he and Rees Mogg are not so far apart after all.
TallDarkAndHandsome
I think Mr Tusk has just ensured a no deal WTO brexit.
Never mind. Eh.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 6 2019, 05:47 PM) *
Never mind. Eh.

Although when questioned today on LBC Farage couldn’t tell the public what the plan was. Unfortunate language but it’s true. No plan then and no plan now. WTO has only been proposed in the last 6-12 months. No plan and clueless.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 6 2019, 06:13 PM) *
Although when questioned today on LBC Farage couldn’t tell the public what the plan was. Unfortunate language but it’s true. No plan then and no plan now. WTO has only been proposed in the last 6-12 months. No plan and clueless.

So are the EU. Are they going to send an army to the NI border? Really? If not, how do they propose policing it? How are the EU plans going to fix the 39 Biillion hole on the EU budget? How are they going to afford Junckers bar bill???? Oh I forgot he has Sciatica.😂 Tusk sounds like a desperate man who realises the game is nearly up. Oh and let's hope Femi and crew don't suffer the same fate as the yellow vest protesters when they try and invade parliament on the 27th Feb. Oh wait.. actually f**k it. Gas em and shoot em with rubber bullets.😂

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf...1ghqCQ/viewform
SirWilliam
Never mind. Eh.

"I have a cunning plan" as the long suffering Baldrick remarked to his boss , so safe to assume that by the time the credits roll everything will be sorted and May and Tusk will dance the night away to a Black Sabbath soundtrack
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 6 2019, 06:32 PM) *
So are the EU. Are they going to send an army to the NI border? Really? If not, how do they propose policing it? How are the EU plans going to fix the 39 Biillion hole on the EU budget? How are they going to afford Junckers bar bill???? Oh I forgot he has Sciatica.😂 Tusk sounds like a desperate man who realises the game is nearly up. Oh and let's hope Femi and crew don't suffer the same fate as the yellow vest protesters when they try and invade parliament on the 27th Feb. Oh wait.. actually f**k it. Gas em and shoot em with rubber bullets.😂

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf...1ghqCQ/viewform

The EU don’t need a plan.

The backstop is for the whole of the UK. It’s TM’s proposal, not the EU’s. No wonder the world is laughing at our ineptitude.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 6 2019, 07:43 PM) *

The backstop is for the whole of the UK. It’s TM’s proposal, not the EU’s. No wonder the world is laughing at our ineptitude.

We don't want a plan, we want a harder than hard brexit. Let BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Renault et al go sell their overpriced tat somewhere else.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 3 2019, 08:18 PM) *
Fair enough. Post away with you childish insults, I won’t see them.

I see that literary degree is paying dividends then.
je suis Charlie

Doesn't dear boy, not don't. Literature degree? Think not.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 6 2019, 08:03 PM) *
Doesn't dear boy, not don't. Literature degree? Think not.

🤣 Just call him Gump.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 6 2019, 08:01 PM) *
We don't want a plan, we want a harder than hard brexit. Let BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Renault et al go sell their overpriced tat somewhere else.

How are they going to cope with the 70 billion hole between exports and imports as well as the 39 billion? We may be screwed but the EU intrasigence will bring about the demise of the whole **** thing.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 6 2019, 08:02 PM) *
I see that literary degree is paying dividends then.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Turin Machine

Nothing to do with me sonny.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 6 2019, 08:31 PM) *
Nothing to do with me sonny.

I assume you are for the peace in Northern Ireland?

I do wonder though, if May hadn’t called the election would she have signed the WA with NI alone in the backstop?
je suis Charlie
It's all started going soupy already 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47161500
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2019, 05:07 PM) *
It's all started going soupy already

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47161500

Silly man. The EU is a paradise of mass unemployment and failed states. Why the "****" should we leave that? Us old gits are probably saving the younguns lives. They will avoid conscription to the "EU youth" to battle Putin. But hey.. I guess they can still volunteer. If they are lucky they may get a nice black Hugo boss outfit.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2019, 09:40 PM) *
Silly man. The EU is a paradise of mass unemployment and failed states. Why the "****" should we leave that? Us old gits are probably saving the younguns lives. They will avoid conscription to the "EU youth" to battle Putin. But hey.. I guess they can still volunteer. If they are lucky they may get a nice black Hugo boss outfit.

No you're wrong! They're all bestest buds. Obvious lies spread by hard right thicko leavers, innit.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2019, 09:40 PM) *

You do know that we could always veto any EU military force? Project Fear. Just like Turkey joining. In fact did you know that it was the UK more than any other country pressing the case for Turkey to join.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 8 2019, 08:46 AM) *
You do know that we could always veto any EU military force? Project Fear. Just like Turkey joining. In fact did you know that it was the UK more than any other country pressing the case for Turkey to join.

To be honest it was Cameron who mooted that one and look at his track record. rolleyes.gif Probably on a retainer from Turkish Tourism.
James_Trinder
Never mind. Eh.

He may well have done but it doesn't make his assessment of the current situation any less spot on.
newres
QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Feb 8 2019, 01:24 PM) *
He may well have done but it doesn't make his assessment of the current situation any less spot on.

To be truthful it’s only the gammon whining about it. Most people see that what he said was correct. He ought to have used more diplomatic language though.
je suis Charlie
Let's go 'NO DEAL' , stuff it to the whining remoaners as well as bloodying German and French imports on the nose.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 8 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Let's go 'NO DEAL' , stuff it to the whining remoaners as well as bloodying German and French imports on the nose.

I certainly wouldn't be bothered about these going bust..

Hugo Boss
Daimler
Mercedes
Bayer

Not sure why they are still even companies given the history. I know if they were British companies with that history in no circumstances would they exist.
je suis Charlie
Volkswagen, slave labour at Wolfsburg. Nice partners to have.
Turin Machine
And then there's this petit nugget,

THE pound has surged against the euro after market confidence grew over a Brexit deal, but the eurozone suffered a damaging blow after Germany fell into “recession”.

Uh huh.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 8 2019, 04:26 PM) *
Volkswagen, slave labour at Wolfsburg. Nice partners to have.

None of the "righteous liberals" mention this though? Why not? Do you really think if Vodafone or Capita had been "involved" in the deaths of the millions of people 70 years ago that these companies would exist? No chance. But they seem to get a free pass...😮 Double standards.🙄
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 8 2019, 09:48 PM) *
None of the "righteous liberals" mention this though? Why not? Do you really think if Vodafone or Capita had been "involved" in the deaths of the millions of people 70 years ago that these companies would exist? No chance. But they seem to get a free pass...😮 Double standards.🙄

Really?

https://www.newstatesman.com/economics/2014...reparations#amp
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 9 2019, 07:15 AM) *

Still not answered the question about the German companies but you did find a link to a few British companies from hundreds of years ago just again to show your disdain for anything British. Well done.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Barclay_of_Youngsbury

newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 9 2019, 07:36 AM) *
Still not answered the question about the German companies but you did find a link to a few British companies from hundreds of years ago just again to show your disdain for anything British. Well done.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Barclay_of_Youngsbury

Double standards eh? Ok for companies here to benefit from slaves but not in Germany?
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 9 2019, 08:06 AM) *
Double standards eh? Ok for companies here to benefit from slaves but not in Germany?

Slavery has been a part of human existence for 5,000 years, if not longer, and continues to be so albeit on a reduced scale so, so why is it always the african trade that is the centre of attention? I do not hear anyone demanding that Italy reimburse us for the Roman legions enslaving Ancient Britain or the the various other empires that have risen and subsequently disappeared?
No, it's all about bashing the UK by liberal lefties who need a hairshirt to appease their conscience. Remember the USA gained independence 100 years before slavery was supposedly abolished and while I agree Britain was complicit in early shipping, it was the Arabs who harvested the labour force and plantation owners who continued the practice long after the atlantic trade had ceased.

It was bad but there has been a lot worse both before and since and we should learn from it as opposed to trying to redress history.
Turin Machine
The greatest slavers were the Muslim Arabs and the Africans. The west joined that party rather late, and it was the west who poured great resources into the abolition of the trade, a trade that still continues to this day in the same quarters.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 9 2019, 08:06 AM) *

If that's the best you can do I pity you. Britain led the charge against slavery, soy boys still Ponce around cooing over early vw cars and calling them desirable classics while the families of the slaves who built them are still around.
Turin Machine
"An estimated 12 million people worked as slaves at virtually every German company during the Third Reich. Many did mundane jobs at bakeries and shoe factories; others built cars for Mercedes-Benz and guns for Krupp. They were drawn - or dragged - from every corner of the Nazi empire. Whether Poles, Jews or Russians, they were deemed "sub-human" and treated accordingly. Herded into unheated barracks and forced to work 12-hour shifts on meagre rations, large numbers died of disease, hunger or maltreatment. Most of the survivors have received no compensation."

And this is the financial power behind the EU that would see fit to dictate terms to us. How short the memory, how deep the shame.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 9 2019, 11:23 AM) *
"An estimated 12 million people worked as slaves at virtually every German company during the Third Reich. Many did mundane jobs at bakeries and shoe factories; others built cars for Mercedes-Benz and guns for Krupp. They were drawn - or dragged - from every corner of the Nazi empire. Whether Poles, Jews or Russians, they were deemed "sub-human" and treated accordingly. Herded into unheated barracks and forced to work 12-hour shifts on meagre rations, large numbers died of disease, hunger or maltreatment. Most of the survivors have received no compensation."

And this is the financial power behind the EU that would see fit to dictate terms to us. How short the memory, how deep the shame.

Well articulated Sir. Little wonder the left removed history from the school curriculum.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 9 2019, 11:23 AM) *

Your last sentence is worthy of a child. For the rest of your post, you make the case brilliantly for resisting nationalism and prejudice based on colour and creed. Strange therefore that you defend Tommeh.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Feb 9 2019, 05:07 PM) *
Your last sentence is worthy of a child. For the rest of your post, you make the case brilliantly for resisting nationalism and prejudice based on colour and creed. Strange therefore that you defend Tommeh.

Firstly my last sentence is bang on the money and secondly I have never defended 'Tommeh' merely his right to justice under the legal system, something you (apparently) are quite content to forgo based on the fact you don't like his views.
And third, you rant on about people insulting you but when, and it's almost always every time you post on here you provoke and encourage said abuse. You come across as a spoiled, overindulged, self important brat. Always seeking attention, always insulting in tone and giving a good impression of a small boy who lost his dummy out of the pram.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 9 2019, 08:35 PM) *
Firstly my last sentence is bang on the money and secondly I have never defended 'Tommeh' merely his right to justice under the legal system, something you (apparently) are quite content to forgo based on the fact you don't like his views.
And third, you rant on about people insulting you but when, and it's almost always every time you post on here you provoke and encourage said abuse. You come across as a spoiled, overindulged, self important brat. Always seeking attention, always insulting in tone and giving a good impression of a small boy who lost his dummy out of the pram.

Newres is the worst kind of liberal remoaner. I really don't understand why anyone that despises the Country they live in and indeed that Countries history would want to stay in that said Country. He is I am afraid just a very sad bitter man.
TallDarkAndHandsome
Another Saturday in the paradise that is the EU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickmon1112/stat...228351131234305

Can you imagine the outrage of Britain's if the state did this to protesters???
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 9 2019, 08:46 PM) *
Newres is the worst kind of liberal remoaner. I really don't understand why anyone that despises the Country they live in and indeed that Countries history would want to stay in that said Country. He is I am afraid just a very sad bitter man.

I'm afraid you're right. I can understand how JSC gets so irate with him but newres persistently comes over as a very sad, frustrated and non too bright individual, which is a shame, still some one loves him I expect. Just not me.
je suis Charlie

And he's shown himself to be a racist as well.

QUOTE (newres @ Jan 25 2019, 06:47 AM) *
Isn’t it obvious? She’s an uppity negro.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 9 2019, 08:35 PM) *

I provoke abuse by pointing out the nonsense you post. I get that. So even though Germany was destroyed at the end of WW2, the power behind the EU stems from then
SirWilliam

I remember a certain "celebrity" chef making the bold statement that if the UK voted to leave the EU he and his family were "off". Well he is still around and receiving a nice gratuity from HMG telling us how to feed our children so I guess he considers he will survive without minimum wage staff in his restaurants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.