Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 13 2019, 05:47 AM) *
Corbyn for a term would be less disastrous than even a soft Brexit under the Tories because we would maintain the customs union. Economically there is no upside to Brexit. No one even claims there is any more.

We may still have a custom union with Corbyn. But we wouldn't have anything to trade with! The man's a communist loon. So in my book a hard Brexit is preferably to Corbyn.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 13 2019, 06:36 AM) *
We may still have a custom union with Corbyn. But we wouldn't have anything to trade with! The man's a communist loon. So in my book a hard Brexit is preferably to Corbyn.

Living in a cave eating raw meat and hitting each other with sticks would be better than Corbyn. We'd be insane to let him in.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 13 2019, 09:07 AM) *
Living in a cave eating raw meat and hitting each other with sticks would be better than Corbyn. We'd be insane to let him in.

We'd be insane to leave the EU. rolleyes.gif
SirWilliam
Lot of insanity being diagnosed though I quite fancy sitting in a cave watching the women folk do cooking/cleaning/entertaining while I venture forth once a week to collect a quarter of mammoth. Put you pension on corbyn not getting anywhere near no 10 but that is not to say labour would not win a GE with someone else at the helm. This paranoia over leaving the "comfort" of europe is completely insane but it isn't going to go away.
Turin Machine
We'll find out out later today, if it's teflon Boris I'm sure we'll leave.
je suis Charlie
And the answer is? Boris? Jebus! Let's hope he can be trained not to act like a loon.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 13 2019, 01:16 PM) *
And the answer is? Boris? Jebus! Let's hope he can be trained not to act like a loon.

The only way is to keep him in a strait jacket as he is now. Tory MPs must know he's an incompetent but they're voting for their jobs. Scary times when altruism is dead in politics.
newres
Should this man be PM?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/...-of-money-video

(transitive, intransitive, slang, vulgar) To ejaculate (on or in).
je suis Charlie
Headlines!!

local resident suddenly realizes not all politicians are nice!

Full story on page 9.
je suis Charlie
Interesting,
https://www.pesmedia.com/foreign-direct-inv...france-germany/
Turin Machine
And,
"BRUSSELS has finally conceded that there is no legal way to force Britain to fork out for the £39 billion Brexit bill after Boris Johnson threatened to withhold the cash."

"Eurocrats admitted “there is not really a court to settle the dispute” if the next British prime minister refuses to pay the extortionate fee agreed by Theresa May. The European Commission’s budget chief Gunther Oettinger told reporters in Brussels that he hopes Britain will “settle old debts fairly” and expects the next Tory leader to “accept that bill”. The German official said: “Mrs May’s Government accepted the payment of that amount, so we expect that no matter which government will be out negotiating partner… we expect them to accept that bill.”

So there's that as well. 😂
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 13 2019, 06:37 PM) *
And,
"BRUSSELS has finally conceded that there is no legal way to force Britain to fork out for the £39 billion Brexit bill after Boris Johnson threatened to withhold the cash."

"Eurocrats admitted “there is not really a court to settle the dispute” if the next British prime minister refuses to pay the extortionate fee agreed by Theresa May. The European Commission’s budget chief Gunther Oettinger told reporters in Brussels that he hopes Britain will “settle old debts fairly” and expects the next Tory leader to “accept that bill”. The German official said: “Mrs May’s Government accepted the payment of that amount, so we expect that no matter which government will be out negotiating partner… we expect them to accept that bill.”

So there's that as well. 😂

Not gonna be a great deal to be got if we act dishonourably though is there?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 13 2019, 07:35 PM) *

116 123
je suis Charlie
Don't do it newres, you've got your whole life in front of you.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 13 2019, 07:35 PM) *

39 billion? Better off in our pockets than Brussels. You whinge on about what it's going to cost us then suggest we give them 39billion that we (apparently) don't have to.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 13 2019, 09:39 PM) *
39 billion? Better off in our pockets than Brussels. You whinge on about what it's going to cost us then suggest we give them 39billion that we (apparently) don't have to.

Think you’ll find we do and isn’t it over 20 years or something? Whatever, I don’t think the threat of withholding it will make them feel charitable towards us or change their minds and give us the great deal promised. Do you?
je suis Charlie
What in god's name do you consider charitable? They're trying as hard as they can to screw us, as hard as they can. Charity begins at home.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 13 2019, 10:07 PM) *
What in god's name do you consider charitable? They're trying as hard as they can to screw us, as hard as they can. Charity begins at home.

This country has no minerals anymore JSC. Full of cheese eating surrender monkeys like Newres. We can't survive on our own. We are too weak and pathetic as a Country. I am Ok with it. I just don't want a HOC and HOL if we stay. At least we wouldn't have to bother with elections and referendums anymore.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 13 2019, 10:07 PM) *

You're confused. What they are doing is negotiating to protect the single market and the interests of the EU. You say you run a business, yet you fail to understand this?
Strafin
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 13 2019, 09:39 PM) *

Do businsess people like to enter into credit agreements with people who refuse to pay their bills?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 14 2019, 09:41 AM) *
Do businsess people like to enter into credit agreements with people who refuse to pay their bills?

The customer has the right to query the bill if it is unreasonable or do you just pay all your bills even if you think the bill is too much?
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 09:44 AM) *
The customer has the right to query the bill if it is unreasonable or do you just pay all your bills even if you think the bill is too much?

There's a difference between a bill and a legally binding contract. Sure, you can query whether the service meets the contractual conditions, but that isn't what's happening here. It's gammon meltdown.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 11:18 AM) *
There's a difference between a bill and a legally binding contract. Sure, you can query whether the service meets the contractual conditions, but that isn't what's happening here. It's gammon meltdown.

No contract, no legal reasons to pay. (Apparently).
Strafin
I work for a contractor on a PFI set up. It's a nightmare because everything is grey so I understand there are many areas where we have to negotiate where we expect people to pay and areas where we will argue and come to an agreement. However when we feel our client doesn't play ball or acts unfairly, it means we put procedures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again, and we hold them to account on future payments as well. I suspect the EU and everyone else who wants a deal with us will act the same way, we will be seen as not wanting to pay our fair share.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 14 2019, 12:11 PM) *
I work for a contractor on a PFI set up. It's a nightmare because everything is grey so I understand there are many areas where we have to negotiate where we expect people to pay and areas where we will argue and come to an agreement. However when we feel our client doesn't play ball or acts unfairly, it means we put procedures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again, and we hold them to account on future payments as well. I suspect the EU and everyone else who wants a deal with us will act the same way, we will be seen as not wanting to pay our fair share.

Or in this case, more than our fair share. I mean, we wouldn't want to short-change thesis civil servants of some of their pensions, now would we?
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 14 2019, 12:41 PM) *
Or in this case, more than our fair share. I mean, we wouldn't want to short-change thesis civil servants of some of their pensions, now would we?

Certainly Farage isn’t giving his up.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 12:49 PM) *
Certainly Farage isn’t giving his up.

He's trying to. But you lot won't let him.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Turin Machine
If we owe the money, legally owe, not as some part of a 'gentlemans' agreement, not that any party involved could be described as gentlemanly. Then yes it ought to be paid.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 14 2019, 01:46 PM) *
If we owe the money, legally owe, not as some part of a 'gentlemans' agreement, not that any party involved could be described as gentlemanly. Then yes it ought to be paid.

I don't disagree. How much of the 39 billion is legally owed though? Why have they not told us? They must have a ball park number.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 01:21 PM) *
He's trying to. But you lot won't let him.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nope. He's keeping his £73,000 a year pension. Total hypocrite.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 14 2019, 01:46 PM) *

I think it's along the lines of international treaties. So we could for example withdraw from the Good Friday Agreement and no court could do anything. That's the thing with sovereign nations.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 02:37 PM) *
Nope. He's keeping his £73,000 a year pension. Total hypocrite.

Good luck to him. I'm sure the EU could pass a law to stop it after we have left.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 03:01 PM) *
Good luck to him. I'm sure the EU could pass a law to stop it after we have left.

That's the thing. It doesn't matter his hypocrisy and lies, you'll still be a fan boi. There isn't a politician alive who's hypocrisy I'd ignore.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 05:16 PM) *
That's the thing. It doesn't matter his hypocrisy and lies, you'll still be a fan boi. There isn't a politician alive who's hypocrisy I'd ignore.

I'm no fan. He's just representing a lot of disenfranchised people. Oh and all politicians, with the very odd exception are Hypocrites. That's the nature of the job. Johnson, Gove, Lammy, Abbott , Bercow.
The list is endless.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 05:29 PM) *
I'm no fan. He's just representing a lot of disenfranchised people. Oh and all politicians, with the very odd exception are Hypocrites. That's the nature of the job. Johnson, Gove, Lammy, Abbott , Bercow.
The list is endless.

There’s degrees of hypocrisy. Taking a pension from an organisation whose life’s “work” and raison d’etre it is to undermine is about as shocking as it’s possible to get for hypocrisy. So Abbott sending her son to a private school is arguably hypocrisy, but a strong argument can be put to defend it. Farage’s only defence is to make up some nonsense about them trying to take it off him.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 08:01 PM) *
There’s degrees of hypocrisy. Taking a pension from an organisation whose life’s “work” and raison d’etre it is to undermine is about as shocking as it’s possible to get for hypocrisy. So Abbott sending her son to a private school is arguably hypocrisy, but a strong argument can be put to defend it. Farage’s only defence is to make up some nonsense about them trying to take it off him.

You just hate Farage. That's your perogative but he's no worse than the others. Me? Of all of the British politicians Corbyn is the one that sends chills down my spine. He is not only ecomically illiterate but a real danger to security. Choices fella... just choices and poor ones at that.
The Hatter
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 08:01 PM) *

Nonsense. You are confusing the European Psrliament as a commercial firm, it isn't. If it has any claim at all to being a representative democracy, then like it or not Farage had and continues to fulfil his elected role properly. A sizeable number in the UK want to exit the EU and have wanted to for many years - Farage represents them. Frankly, paying him is rather more defendable than paying a good few other of our MEPs. Ms Abbott on the other hand represents a party who have a fundamental belief in state education. Most would be hard put to find any justification for her using the private system for her children. Her actions are true hypocracy.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (The Hatter @ Jun 14 2019, 09:02 PM) *
Nonsense. You are confusing the European Psrliament as a commercial firm, it isn't. If it has any claim at all to being a representative democracy, then like it or not Farage had and continues to fulfil his elected role properly. A sizeable number in the UK want to exit the EU and have wanted to for many years - Farage represents them. Frankly, paying him is rather more defendable than paying a good few other of our MEPs. Ms Abbott on the other hand represents a party who have a fundamental belief in state education. Most would be hard put to find any justification for her using the private system for her children. Her actions are true hypocracy.

Quite. That's why Newres has it all wrong. The House of Lords? That's a REAL waste of money. Taxi to the HOL sir? Pop in for 30 secs. Sign in whilst taxi is waiting. Go home. Claim expenses. That's real fookin Hypocrites.
Turin Machine
And, I'll just leave this here, don't trip over it.

The Guardian: Chuka Umunna’s self-serving hypocrisy is emblematic of our broken politics.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...ocrat-hypocrisy
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 08:09 PM) *
You just hate Farage. That's your perogative but he's no worse than the others. Me? Of all of the British politicians Corbyn is the one that sends chills down my spine. He is not only ecomically illiterate but a real danger to security. Choices fella... just choices and poor ones at that.

I can't deny that I despise Farage. But I dislike Corbyn too. You assume that because I don't like Farage I support Corbyn. Wrong.
newres
QUOTE (The Hatter @ Jun 14 2019, 09:02 PM) *

Really?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/on...liament-8302643

Even the IRA have higher standards than the Brexit MPs. They refuse to attend HofC and don't take their salaries.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 15 2019, 10:37 AM) *
Really?

Even the IRA have higher standards than the Brexit MPs. They refuse to attend HofC and don't take their salaries.

I'm not even going to bother replying to that.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 15 2019, 10:37 AM) *
Really?

One of your more stupid posts, and there's lots to choose from.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 15 2019, 02:53 PM) *
One of your more stupid posts, and there's lots to choose from.

Sinn Fein reject British rule and refuse to take their seats and forfeit their salaries. UKIP and Brexit MEPs are total hypocrites and take the EU’s salaries and pensions despite considering them the enemy. Gross hypocrisy. Farage is very obviously motivated by greed as in addition he’s a kept man.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 15 2019, 02:06 PM) *
I'm not even going to bother replying to that.

More like can’t answer it.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 08:09 PM) *

The more I see of corbyn the less i like the man. As I have constantly stated it is better to have BJ running the country than risk it falling into the hands of the far left which little doubt will lead to bloodshed on a scale that will make even the london mayor sit up.
Remember the republicans elected trump because they knew he was the only one who could stop clinton and like it or not johnson is the only candidate who will beat corbyn hands down to no. 10
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 15 2019, 04:08 PM) *
More like can’t answer it.

Comparing IRA terrorist sympathisers to Farage is bad enough, but to then think that these "politicians", many of whoom no doubt have blood on there hands, are somehow less hypocritical is beyond the pale. Even for you, you have sunk to an all time low.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 15 2019, 04:23 PM) *
Comparing IRA terrorist sympathisers to Farage is bad enough, but to then think that these "politicians", many of whoom no doubt have blood on there hands, are somehow less hypocritical is beyond the pale. Even for you, you have sunk to an all time low.

You are such an outrageous pearl clutcher. Sinn Fein don’t threaten to don khaki and reach for a rifle. Get a grip man.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 15 2019, 04:28 PM) *
You are such an outrageous pearl clutcher. Sinn Fein don’t threaten to don khaki and reach for a rifle. Get a grip man.

Sad.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 15 2019, 04:28 PM) *

Sad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.