Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
je suis Charlie
"Arron Banks has said he had "willingly helped Farage and was honoured to do so", adding: "This was all designed to help Nigel get out of politics."

Mr Farage insisted he did not receive "any private money for political purposes".

"The Brexit Party leader has said he did not declare the £450,000 sum to the assembly because at the time, he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US."
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 5 2019, 10:13 AM) *
I'd say it's dishonest not to declare 1/2 million in payments if you know you're supposed to declare them. Not a crime, but just as dishonest as pretending someone else is driving ones car.

Speeding, attempting to pervert the course of justice.*

*Max sentence, life imprisonment.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 5 2019, 10:58 AM) *
Speeding, attempting to pervert the course of justice.*

*Max sentence, life imprisonment.

I am looking forward to the next GE.
Farage is now just 2/1 to be PM by 2025.🤣

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/britis...farage-specials

Strafin
Why would you want farage as PM though? Honestly, I don't understand the attraction, is it just because he's pro brexit?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 5 2019, 02:53 PM) *
Why would you want farage as PM though? Honestly, I don't understand the attraction, is it just because he's pro brexit?

It's got to the stage where we'd vote for him just to annoy people like you. It's what happens....🤣🤣
Its not based on logic. That's what you don't understand. Brexiteers are now just anti establishment and want to rock the boat or disrupt the political norm . I'm afraid the Campbells, Femis, Newres's and Lammys are to blame with the "if you voted to leave you are not only stupid, but you are also a racist / Nazi."
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 5 2019, 03:01 PM) *
It's got to the stage where we'd vote for him just to annoy people like you. It's what happens....🤣🤣
Its not based on logic. That's what you don't understand. Brexiteers are now just anti establishment and want to rock the boat or disrupt the political norm . I'm afraid the Campbells, Femis, Newres's and Lammys are to blame with the "if you voted to leave you are not only stupid, but you are also a racist / Nazi."

Since I've been on here you've always been right wing and reactionary. So long before the no deal that no one voted for was frustrated. The reason we've not left the EU is because promises were made that can't be delivered. Example - no great deal without free movement. We were told we could stop immigration, leave the EU and choose a deal to suit us. That's not been deliverable and parliament isn't willing to see our economy ruined.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 5 2019, 03:39 PM) *
Since I've been on here you've always been right wing and reactionary. So long before the no deal that no one voted for was frustrated. The reason we've not left the EU is because promises were made that can't be delivered. Example - no great deal without free movement. We were told we could stop immigration, leave the EU and choose a deal to suit us. That's not been deliverable and parliament isn't willing to see our economy ruined.

Right wing? Just for having an opinion that differs from yours? I am as much right wing as you are a communist. Anything right of centre is now branded a Nazi and anything left of centre is now branded a Communist. It's all Black and White, when in reality 99.9 percent of people politically fall into shades of grey. It's lunacy.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 5 2019, 03:45 PM) *
Right wing? Just for having an opinion that differs from yours? I am as much right wing as you are a communist. Anything right of centre is now branded a Nazi and anything left of centre is now branded a Communist. It's all Black and White, when in reality 99.9 percent of people politically fall into shades of grey. It's lunacy.

You're pro Trump, anti Muslim and pro no deal Brexit. That makes you pretty right wing and nationalist. I'll bet you've got a Brexit profile pic on Facebook too. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 5 2019, 05:39 PM) *
You're pro Trump, anti Muslim and pro no deal Brexit. That makes you pretty right wing and nationalist. I'll bet you've got a Brexit profile pic on Facebook too. laugh.gif

Not pro or anti Trump. Just recognise he holds an appeal to some.
Not anti Muslim. Anti religion. Been consistent on that. Check my posts.
Nationalist..Like the Scots, Welsh and Irish? Yes.
No facebook account. I deleted it. It's cr@p.

Go pray to to your fairy in the Sky and kneel at the Juncker altar. Good luck with that.
newres
I see Ford are closing their Bridgend plant. Obviously nothing to do with Brexit. Obvs.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 5 2019, 09:35 PM) *
I see Ford are closing their Bridgend plant. Obviously nothing to do with Brexit. Obvs.

Investment in the new Dragon engine was scaled back, while production of an engine for Jaguar Land Rover is due to end this year. There has already been concern about whether the plant would be viable making only 125,000 Dragon petrol engines a year.

"It comes just days after car sales in the UK fell again"

Demand for ice's is falling all the time, if the plant had been built on top of a lithium mountain it would have been different, but it wasn't.

So, in conclusion, nothing to do with brexit.

6/10. Must try harder.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 5 2019, 11:26 PM) *
Investment in the new Dragon engine was scaled back, while production of an engine for Jaguar Land Rover is due to end this year. There has already been concern about whether the plant would be viable making only 125,000 Dragon petrol engines a year.

"It comes just days after car sales in the UK fell again"

Demand for ice's is falling all the time, if the plant had been built on top of a lithium mountain it would have been different, but it wasn't.

So, in conclusion, nothing to do with brexit.

6/10. Must try harder.

Last time I checked there was no oil produced in Bridgend.

Obviously none of these decisions have anything to do with Brexit. Despite the fact that Brexit’s pet economist Patrick Minford predicted that Brexit would destroy our automotive industry.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 6 2019, 05:37 AM) *

Obviously none of these decisions have anything to do with Brexit. Despite the fact that Brexit’s pet economist Patrick Minford predicted that Brexit would destroy our automotive industry.

Nothing to do with Brexit. Falling demand. Simple economics. Tried to keep it simple.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 6 2019, 05:37 AM) *

Ford in December: Closes transmission factory in France, 800 jobs lost.
Remainiacs:

Ford in January: Closes vehicle plant in Brazil, 2,800 jobs lost.
Remainiacs:

Ford in April: Cuts 20% of its workforce across Germany, 5,000 jobs lost.
Remainiacs:

Ford in June: "So, about Bridgend..."
Remainiacs: ******* BREXIT, £350M ON A BUS, GAMMON GAMMON GAMMON NAZIS

For reference, Ford has cited three reasons for closing Bridgend. They're the conclusion of the Jaguar AJ engine contract, Ford running down the 1.5 EcoBoost, and a collapsed demand for the Dragon engine (which would have been Bridgend's only product).
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 6 2019, 01:01 PM) *
Ford in December: Closes transmission factory in France, 800 jobs lost.
Remainiacs:

Ford in January: Closes vehicle plant in Brazil, 2,800 jobs lost.
Remainiacs:

Ford in April: Cuts 20% of its workforce across Germany, 5,000 jobs lost.
Remainiacs:

Ford in June: "So, about Bridgend..."
Remainiacs: ******* BREXIT, £350M ON A BUS, GAMMON GAMMON GAMMON NAZIS

For reference, Ford has cited three reasons for closing Bridgend. They're the conclusion of the Jaguar AJ engine contract, Ford running down the 1.5 EcoBoost, and a collapsed demand for the Dragon engine (which would have been Bridgend's only product).

Plus Tata, Honda and Nissan and British Steel. All predicted by Patrick Minford. 850,000 jobs.

https://twitter.com/rorystewartuk/status/10...0243201?lang=en
je suis Charlie
The closure of Bridgend has nothing to to do with brexit, Steven Armstrong, group vice president for Ford in Europe, Middle East and Africa has absolutely savaged Ford Europe. He's cited huge losses in market share and billion dollar losses over the last five years. Armstrong says Ford is planning to "restructure" Ford Europe, including slashing jobs - to the tune of thousands - and getting out of the MPV sector, and might even abandon passenger cars altogether, just as Ford USA has.

One thing of note is that he also says all vehicles will have HEV or BEV versions from the next generation onwards and there will be no more development of diesel engines for smaller cars because customers are abandoning diesel "more aggressively than anticipated". Not once has he mentioned brexit, not once.

And British steel has been limping along for years, TATA? Indian company so fifty shades of meh!
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2019, 02:08 PM) *
The closure of Bridgend has nothing to to do with brexit, Steven Armstrong, group vice president for Ford in Europe, Middle East and Africa has absolutely savaged Ford Europe. He's cited huge losses in market share and billion dollar losses over the last five years. Armstrong says Ford is planning to "restructure" Ford Europe, including slashing jobs - to the tune of thousands - and getting out of the MPV sector, and might even abandon passenger cars altogether, just as Ford USA has.

One thing of note is that he also says all vehicles will have HEV or BEV versions from the next generation onwards and there will be no more development of diesel engines for smaller cars because customers are abandoning diesel "more aggressively than anticipated". Not once has he mentioned brexit, not once.

And British steel has been limping along for years, TATA? Indian company so fifty shades of meh!

As each of these come along the JRM mob poopoo the Brexit factor but the uncertainty make cutting the UK a no brainer if the vehicles will mostly sell into the EU. We are in for turbulent days if we leave. And all those saying that a deal with the US will be easy are the same ones that claimed a deal with the EU would be easy.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 6 2019, 02:20 PM) *
As each of these come along the JRM mob poopoo the Brexit factor but the uncertainty make cutting the UK a no brainer if the vehicles will mostly sell into the EU. We are in for turbulent days if we leave. And all those saying that a deal with the US will be easy are the same ones that claimed a deal with the EU would be easy.

There is no brexit factor to Bridgend! None! Zero! Zilch!
je suis Charlie

This would be the same JRM who's praised Minford?
Turin Machine

From Ford,
"FORD CONFIRMS START OF CONSULTATION ON POTENTIAL CLOSURE OF BRIDGEND ENGINE PLANT IN SUPPORT OF BUSINESS REDESIGN
* Consultation starts concerning the proposed end of engine production and closure of Bridgend Engine Plant in South Wales by late 2020
* Proposal supports Ford’s redesign strategy to create a more efficient and focused business in Europe, with significant progress already being made
* Comprehensive plan includes an enhanced employee separation programme, plus measures to help employees find new jobs or other career opportunities
* Ford will remain a significant employer in the U.K.; engine production maintained at Dagenham; Dunton Technical Centre home to Ford’s European sales-leading commercial vehicle business

COLOGNE, Germany, June 6, 2019 – After detailed consideration, Ford today confirmed the start of a consultation with its unions concerning the potential closure of the Ford Bridgend Engine Plant in South Wales. The proposed action is a necessary step to support Ford’s global business redesign and is part of the company’s strategy to create a more efficient and focused business in Europe.

“Creating a strong and sustainable Ford business in Europe requires us to make some difficult decisions, including the need to scale our global engine manufacturing footprint to best serve our future vehicle portfolio,” said Stuart Rowley, president, Ford of Europe. “We are committed to the U.K.; however, changing customer demand and cost disadvantages, plus an absence of additional engine models for Bridgend going forward make the plant economically unsustainable in the years ahead.”

Factors behind the proposed closure of Bridgend include significant underutilisation of the plant, driven by the impending end of engine production for Jaguar Land Rover, the cessation of the previous generation Ford GTDi 1.5-litre engine, and reduced global demand for the new generation Ford GTDi and Pfi 1.5-litre engine. At expected volumes, the plant also faces a cost disadvantage compared with other Ford facilities building the same engine.

Significant efforts to identify new opportunities have not been successful.

It is proposed that production of the new generation Ford 1.5-litre engine will end at the Bridgend facility in February 2020, with manufacture of the engines supplied to Jaguar Land Rover ceasing in September 2020, when it is proposed that Bridgend will close.

As part of its proposals, Ford also has provided details of a comprehensive plan with an enhanced separation programme for Bridgend employees. This includes helping employees with redeployment opportunities to other Ford sites in the U.K. and assisting with domestic relocation where possible, or supporting them to find new employers or pursue new opportunities, such as creating their own businesses or training for new careers.

“As a major employer in the U.K. for more than a century, we know that closing Bridgend would be difficult for many of our employees,” Rowley said. “We recognise the effects it would have on their families and the communities where they live and, as a responsible employer, we are proposing a plan that would help to ease the impact.”

Ford currently expects to record pre-tax special item charges of about $650 million in relation to the proposed closure of Bridgend. Approximately $400 million of the charges would be paid in cash and are primarily attributable to separation and termination payments for employees. Non-cash charges of approximately $250 million include pension expense and accelerated depreciation and amortization. Most of the pre-tax special item charges would be recorded in 2019, with the cash outflows occurring in 2020, and are part of the $11 billion in EBIT charges with cash-related effects of $7 billion the company expects to take in the redesign of its global business.

Ford’s Bridgend Engine Plant opened in 1977, and today employs around 1,700 employees, including nearly 400 who signed up to a voluntary separation programme earlier this year and will leave between May and December 2019.

Ford is committed to the U.K., where it continues to be the passenger and commercial vehicle sales leader. Even after the proposed closure of Bridgend, Ford will remain a major employer with significant operations in the country.

Ford’s Mobility Innovation Office in London is developing future mobility solutions for Europe, while the Dunton Technical Centre in Essex is home to Ford’s European market- leading commercial vehicle business which is set to play an even more significant role in the future. Ford will continue to produce diesel engines at the Dagenham Engine Plant in east London, and transmissions at the Halewood Getrag Ford Transmissions joint venture on Merseyside.

Ford of Europe’s transformation strategy – Sustainable profitability
The company is working swiftly, with significant progress made, to create a sustainably profitable business in Europe. In addition to today’s announcement of the start of the consultation in Bridgend, key actions underway as part of Ford of Europe’s transformation strategy include:

* Near-term actions to improve profitability and reduce structural costs. Parallel longer- term redesign initiatives include a more targeted vehicle line up within three customer- focused business groups – commercial, passenger and imported vehicles
* Confirming 16 new electrified vehicles for Europe, with eight debuting in 2019.
* Leveraging relationships, including an alliance with Volkswagen AG, to support commercial vehicle growth.
* Voluntary employee separation programmes are expected to reduce in excess of 5,000 jobs in Germany, while more than 500 salaried employees have volunteered for packages in the U.K.
* Consolidating Ford of Britain’s and Ford Credit Europe’s headquarters at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre in Essex, U.K., to create a customer-centric technical hub.
* Optimising the European manufacturing footprint and addressing underperforming markets/vehicles, including:
* Ending C-MAX / Grand C-MAX production in Saarlouis, Germany, in June 2019.
* Shift reductions in Saarlouis and Valencia, Spain.
* Restructuring the Ford Sollers joint venture in Russia to focus on growing its commercial vehicle business; discontinuation of all passenger vehicle production in June 2019, with the closure of two vehicle assembly and one engine plant.
* Production at the Ford Aquitaine Industries transmission plant in Bordeaux, France, ends in August 2019."

Show me the mention of brexit will you?
TallDarkAndHandsome
Remeber if we do stay... Every job loss can be blamed on remoaners and staying in the EU.😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 6 2019, 06:42 PM) *
Remeber if we do stay... Every job loss can be blamed on remoaners and staying in the EU.😂

Oh were staying, remember what I said about cancelling A50? I'll be happy to be staying but incandescent over the actions of the remainer group. Not feeling well? Brexit. Wife left you? Brexit.
Lost your job? Brexit. Raining? Brexit. Oh, and the ultimate weapon of choice? Milkshake! Pathetic. This has set the course of democracy in this country back for decades.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2019, 07:04 PM) *
Oh were staying, remember what I said about cancelling A50? I'll be happy to be staying but incandescent over the actions of the remainer group. Not feeling well? Brexit. Wife left you? Brexit.
Lost your job? Brexit. Raining? Brexit. Oh, and the ultimate weapon of choice? Milkshake! Pathetic. This has set the course of democracy in this country back for decades.

And I do still believe this is our last chance. It's game over otherwise. People think I'm joking but if we don't leave I will join any campaign to finish the HOC and HOL and be ruled directly by unelected "leaders" in Brussels and Strasbourg. And as I have said before I'll welcome conscription to an EU Army. You want EU rule. Your welcome to it.
je suis Charlie
And Peterborough? Gonna be a win for labour. Nobody in their right minds would look down the barrel of a loaded brexit MP and pull the trigger. They might get all be inbred six toed window lickers over there, but they're not mad.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2019, 07:31 PM) *
And Peterborough? Gonna be a win for labour. Nobody in their right minds would look down the barrel of a loaded brexit MP and pull the trigger. They might get all be inbred six toed window lickers over there, but they're not mad.

They are. Just that. Mad at not leaving. So yes I expect a Brexit party MP. It doesn't help that Labour have got a local momentum favourite standing (with dubious anti semite likes in her Twitter history about Jews)..
je suis Charlie
Told ya.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2019, 06:11 AM) *
Told ya.

Yep. It's great..I am looking forward to being re-educated at a camp following the glorious leaders victory at the next GE.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 7 2019, 07:37 AM) *
Yep. It's great..I am looking forward to being re-educated at a camp following the glorious leaders victory at the next GE.

The point is the irony. Farage with his Brexit party merely splits the Tory vote ensuring a Labour victory and Brexit less likely. Keep paying your subs. laugh.gif
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 6 2019, 05:27 PM) *
From Ford,
"FORD CONFIRMS START OF CONSULTATION ON POTENTIAL CLOSURE OF BRIDGEND ENGINE PLANT IN SUPPORT OF BUSINESS REDESIGN
* Consultation starts concerning the proposed end of engine production and closure of Bridgend Engine Plant in South Wales by late 2020
* Proposal supports Ford’s redesign strategy to create a more efficient and focused business in Europe, with significant progress already being made
* Comprehensive plan includes an enhanced employee separation programme, plus measures to help employees find new jobs or other career opportunities
* Ford will remain a significant employer in the U.K.; engine production maintained at Dagenham; Dunton Technical Centre home to Ford’s European sales-leading commercial vehicle business

COLOGNE, Germany, June 6, 2019 – After detailed consideration, Ford today confirmed the start of a consultation with its unions concerning the potential closure of the Ford Bridgend Engine Plant in South Wales. The proposed action is a necessary step to support Ford’s global business redesign and is part of the company’s strategy to create a more efficient and focused business in Europe.

“Creating a strong and sustainable Ford business in Europe requires us to make some difficult decisions, including the need to scale our global engine manufacturing footprint to best serve our future vehicle portfolio,” said Stuart Rowley, president, Ford of Europe. “We are committed to the U.K.; however, changing customer demand and cost disadvantages, plus an absence of additional engine models for Bridgend going forward make the plant economically unsustainable in the years ahead.”

Factors behind the proposed closure of Bridgend include significant underutilisation of the plant, driven by the impending end of engine production for Jaguar Land Rover, the cessation of the previous generation Ford GTDi 1.5-litre engine, and reduced global demand for the new generation Ford GTDi and Pfi 1.5-litre engine. At expected volumes, the plant also faces a cost disadvantage compared with other Ford facilities building the same engine.

Significant efforts to identify new opportunities have not been successful.

It is proposed that production of the new generation Ford 1.5-litre engine will end at the Bridgend facility in February 2020, with manufacture of the engines supplied to Jaguar Land Rover ceasing in September 2020, when it is proposed that Bridgend will close.

As part of its proposals, Ford also has provided details of a comprehensive plan with an enhanced separation programme for Bridgend employees. This includes helping employees with redeployment opportunities to other Ford sites in the U.K. and assisting with domestic relocation where possible, or supporting them to find new employers or pursue new opportunities, such as creating their own businesses or training for new careers.

“As a major employer in the U.K. for more than a century, we know that closing Bridgend would be difficult for many of our employees,” Rowley said. “We recognise the effects it would have on their families and the communities where they live and, as a responsible employer, we are proposing a plan that would help to ease the impact.”

Ford currently expects to record pre-tax special item charges of about $650 million in relation to the proposed closure of Bridgend. Approximately $400 million of the charges would be paid in cash and are primarily attributable to separation and termination payments for employees. Non-cash charges of approximately $250 million include pension expense and accelerated depreciation and amortization. Most of the pre-tax special item charges would be recorded in 2019, with the cash outflows occurring in 2020, and are part of the $11 billion in EBIT charges with cash-related effects of $7 billion the company expects to take in the redesign of its global business.

Ford’s Bridgend Engine Plant opened in 1977, and today employs around 1,700 employees, including nearly 400 who signed up to a voluntary separation programme earlier this year and will leave between May and December 2019.

Ford is committed to the U.K., where it continues to be the passenger and commercial vehicle sales leader. Even after the proposed closure of Bridgend, Ford will remain a major employer with significant operations in the country.

Ford’s Mobility Innovation Office in London is developing future mobility solutions for Europe, while the Dunton Technical Centre in Essex is home to Ford’s European market- leading commercial vehicle business which is set to play an even more significant role in the future. Ford will continue to produce diesel engines at the Dagenham Engine Plant in east London, and transmissions at the Halewood Getrag Ford Transmissions joint venture on Merseyside.

Ford of Europe’s transformation strategy – Sustainable profitability
The company is working swiftly, with significant progress made, to create a sustainably profitable business in Europe. In addition to today’s announcement of the start of the consultation in Bridgend, key actions underway as part of Ford of Europe’s transformation strategy include:

* Near-term actions to improve profitability and reduce structural costs. Parallel longer- term redesign initiatives include a more targeted vehicle line up within three customer- focused business groups – commercial, passenger and imported vehicles
* Confirming 16 new electrified vehicles for Europe, with eight debuting in 2019.
* Leveraging relationships, including an alliance with Volkswagen AG, to support commercial vehicle growth.
* Voluntary employee separation programmes are expected to reduce in excess of 5,000 jobs in Germany, while more than 500 salaried employees have volunteered for packages in the U.K.
* Consolidating Ford of Britain’s and Ford Credit Europe’s headquarters at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre in Essex, U.K., to create a customer-centric technical hub.
* Optimising the European manufacturing footprint and addressing underperforming markets/vehicles, including:
* Ending C-MAX / Grand C-MAX production in Saarlouis, Germany, in June 2019.
* Shift reductions in Saarlouis and Valencia, Spain.
* Restructuring the Ford Sollers joint venture in Russia to focus on growing its commercial vehicle business; discontinuation of all passenger vehicle production in June 2019, with the closure of two vehicle assembly and one engine plant.
* Production at the Ford Aquitaine Industries transmission plant in Bordeaux, France, ends in August 2019."

Show me the mention of brexit will you?

Show me the businesses that will replace them in order to sell to the EU?

Underlying all of these decisions is Brexit.

If capacity needs cutting the first choice will be the UK because we will be losing access to the single market and frictionless borders. It’s a no brainer.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2019, 08:32 AM) *
Show me the businesses that will replace them in order to sell to the EU?

Underlying all of these decisions is Brexit.

If capacity needs cutting the first choice will be the UK because we will be losing access to the single market and frictionless borders. It’s a no brainer.

Except Germany and France were let go last year. Silly boy. Still, you can stay here and pay to prop up the failing eurozone 😂
https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2...s-business-live
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2019, 11:09 AM) *
Except Germany and France were let go last year. Silly boy. Still, you can stay here and pay to prop up the failing eurozone 😂
https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2...s-business-live

Strawman argument.

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2019, 12:26 PM) *
Strawman argument.

You can deny it all you like but,

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/113595...i-Luigi-Di-Maio

It's already started
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2019, 12:46 PM) *
You can deny it all you like but,

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/113595...i-Luigi-Di-Maio

It's already started

The Express? laugh.gif
je suis Charlie
The teflon Don slides again!

BBC News - Brexit: Boris Johnson £350m claim case thrown out by judges
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48554853

🤩
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2019, 01:17 PM) *
The Express? laugh.gif

https://www.economist.com/europe/2019/06/06...g-its-debt-rise
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2019, 01:26 PM) *

"But a fine is a long way off; the European Commission prefers compromise"

Keep trying.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2019, 01:33 PM) *
"But a fine is a long way off; the European Commission prefers compromise"

Keep trying.

Ok,
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/...borrowing-rules
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2019, 01:47 PM) *

If the EU did nothing you'd complain.

"Under EU rules, no country should have a budget deficit larger than 3% of gross domestic product or debt above 60% of GDP.

Italy‘s public debt was 132.2% of GDP in 2018 and is forecast to rise to 135%."
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2019, 02:40 PM) *

"Under EU rules, no country should have a budget deficit larger than 3% of gross domestic product or debt above 60% of GDP.

Germany, and Spain look rocky as well, I wonder why.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 7 2019, 02:40 PM) *

Yes. Fine them 3 billion. That will teach em...😂😂😂
They should be used to dealing with the mafia...
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 7 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Yes. Fine them 3 billion. That will teach em...😂😂😂
They should be used to dealing with the mafia...

Some of those in government are extremists so what can we expect. Talking of which, CTXLL's Tommy's in the news again. once a thug....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktyYXbGI3Ms
Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 7 2019, 01:24 PM) *
The teflon Don slides again!

BBC News - Brexit: Boris Johnson £350m claim case thrown out by judges
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48554853

🤩

Apparently Marcus Ball is quoted as saying "the fights not over"! Yes mate it is. Now jump off the comfy crowdfunding train and man up.
Turin Machine
Oh dear, oh deary me,

BBC News - MPs reject Labour plan for no-deal vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48613921
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 12 2019, 04:51 PM) *
Oh dear, oh deary me,

BBC News - MPs reject Labour plan for no-deal vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48613921

Which probably increases the chances of a general election or a no deal. Neither will be good for the country.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 12 2019, 06:06 PM) *
Which probably increases the chances of a general election or a no deal. Neither will be good for the country.

"Boris Johnson is the only Tory leadership candidate capable of beating both Jeremy Corbyn and the Brexit Party, according to new polling which suggests he would win a crushing 140-seat majority for the Conservatives at the next general election if he was elected Prime Minister."

According to the Telegraph.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 12 2019, 06:29 PM) *
"Boris Johnson is the only Tory leadership candidate capable of beating both Jeremy Corbyn and the Brexit Party, according to new polling which suggests he would win a crushing 140-seat majority for the Conservatives at the next general election if he was elected Prime Minister."

According to the Telegraph.

It doesn’t seem to make sense to me because all it will do is take votes from Farage. It seems to me. As mayor he may have done well with the electorate but he wasn’t so divisive then as he is now. I just wish Labour could ditch Corbyn. Any one else would walk it.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 12 2019, 06:36 PM) *
It doesn’t seem to make sense to me because all it will do is take votes from Farage. It seems to me. As mayor he may have done well with the electorate but he wasn’t so divisive then as he is now. I just wish Labour could ditch Corbyn. Any one else would walk it.

Johnson and Farage have already stitched it up. Wait for the announcement as soon as BJ is crowned. One proper right wing party. One proper left wing party. The question is.. Will a charasmatic centre ground politician emerge to challenge?
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 12 2019, 07:52 PM) *
Johnson and Farage have already stitched it up. Wait for the announcement as soon as BJ is crowned. One proper right wing party. One proper left wing party. The question is.. Will a charasmatic centre ground politician emerge to challenge?

Anything's possible I suppose, but I doubt it and of course it would split the Tories.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 12 2019, 06:36 PM) *

I agree, Corbyn would be a disaster for this country as he will be to the labour election prospects if BJ is elected tory leader. Looks to be a straightforward decision made difficult by the 8 or 9 unknowns who think they can do better than Mother T.
newres
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 12 2019, 10:20 PM) *
I agree, Corbyn would be a disaster for this country as he will be to the labour election prospects if BJ is elected tory leader. Looks to be a straightforward decision made difficult by the 8 or 9 unknowns who think they can do better than Mother T.

Corbyn for a term would be less disastrous than even a soft Brexit under the Tories because we would maintain the customs union. Economically there is no upside to Brexit. No one even claims there is any more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.