Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second referendum
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 31 2019, 08:31 PM) *
😂😂😂
Look it up..

I did and couldn’t find any. But plenty that Farage is but I don’t suppose that bothers you or any other Brexit party “members”. How is it being in a party in which one man makes the rules? Do you think that would be a good model for government? Didn’t work out well last time.
newres
Such an obvious reality, yet it never occurred to me. We’re either a lap dog for the US or one of the three big members of the EU. Big members. laugh.gif

https://twitter.com/thehistoryguy/status/11...5460112390?s=21
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 1 2019, 07:21 AM) *
Such an obvious reality, yet it never occurred to me. We’re either a lap dog for the US or one of the three big members of the EU. Big members. laugh.gif

Tony Blair? I wouldn't p1ss on him if he was in fire. L1ar and war criminal.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 1 2019, 08:20 AM) *
Tony Blair? I wouldn't p1ss on him if he was in fire. L1ar and war criminal.

Doesn’t make him wrong though. I’m no fan either.
Mr Brown
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 1 2019, 07:21 AM) *

Yes, so obvious that it didn't even occur to Tony Blair when he actually had power!

In reality, we never have been big members - that has always remained France and Germany. We simply took and stayed in the role of rich sucker.

Sure, fourty years back, we could have asserted ourselves and become a 'big' member, but all the time we had politicians in the Tony Blair mold around, that was never going to happen.

je suis Charlie
He'd get my vote.

BBC News - Tory leadership contest: Javid says 'No, no, no' to second referendum
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48482762
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 1 2019, 09:10 AM) *
He'd get my vote.

BBC News - Tory leadership contest: Javid says 'No, no, no' to second referendum
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48482762

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/britis...election/winner

😂😂😂😂😂😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 1 2019, 05:23 PM) *

Whilst I believe him to be a bit of a clown let's not forget that London, the biggest single electorate in the UK elected him to the post of lord mayor not once, but twice. Snigger at your peril.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 1 2019, 08:03 PM) *
Whilst I believe him to be a bit of a clown let's not forget that London, the biggest single electorate in the UK elected him to the post of lord mayor not once, but twice. Snigger at your peril.

Newres like a a poll. Here's one I made earlier today..

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/st...897907319132160

🤣🤣

I have a funny feeling Labour and the Tories may now consider electoral reform... funny that.
je suis Charlie
Peterborough will be interesting. I'm not convinced they have the legs for a GE.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 1 2019, 08:13 PM) *
Newres like a a poll. Here's one I made earlier today..

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/st...897907319132160

🤣🤣

I have a funny feeling Labour and the Tories may now consider electoral reform... funny that.

We’ve already had a referendum on electoral reform. laugh.gif
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 2 2019, 06:36 AM) *
We’ve already had a referendum on electoral reform. laugh.gif

When was that? Must have missed that one.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 2 2019, 07:02 AM) *
When was that? Must have missed that one.

Not just you. I love the irony of wishing to revisit it though by the Brexit folk.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 2 2019, 10:14 AM) *
Not just you. I love the irony of wishing to revisit it though by the Brexit folk.

Good God know. FPTP all the way...if Nige manages to get 35% in a GE it will be PM Farage.🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2019, 10:47 AM) *
Good God know. FPTP all the way...if Nige manages to get 35% in a GE it will be PM Farage.🤣

He won’t get that. But it amazes me you’d wish to elect a dictator. That’s what he’d be as no one can challenge him within his own party.
newres
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 2 2019, 12:35 PM) *
He won’t get that. But it amazes me you’d wish to elect a dictator. That’s what he’d be as no one can challenge him within his own party.

And you’d see the destruction of the NHS. T
SirWilliam

Are you basing your assumption that Farage won't get elected on the same principle that Cameron had in that the vast majority of the country would vote to remain in the EU? Just because you don't fancy the idea of a "dictator" doesn't mean that one won't appear via the back door. History, (remember that?), shows that the unexpected is always an option and if we do end up with an ultra right party in charge then there is only one element to blame and that's the left. Personally I would rather have a disciple of Attila the Hun than Corbyn, but hopefully neither will happen.
TallDarkAndHandsome

Good stuff. Better a right wing dictator than Corbyn and his politbureau.

I'd rather be American than Venezuelan.🤣🤣🤣
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2019, 01:42 PM) *
Good stuff. Better a right wing dictator than Corbyn and his politbureau.

I'd rather be American than Venezuelan.🤣🤣🤣

I have no desire for a Corbyn government at all. I feel our economy is in safer hands with Labour though because they will not allow any deal that would be catastrophic. The middle ground is where eventually we’ll sort things out. Both Corbyn and Farage are divisive. If Labour ditched Corbyn, Brexit would get nowhere.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 2 2019, 02:15 PM) *
I have no desire for a Corbyn government at all. I feel our economy is in safer hands with Labour though because they will not allow any deal that would be catastrophic. The middle ground is where eventually we’ll sort things out. Both Corbyn and Farage are divisive. If Labour ditched Corbyn, Brexit would get nowhere.

Labour government have always left the Country bankrupt. And I'm not including Blair / Brown as they were not really "Labour". I honestly believe that as at least 40% of the Country are now so entrenched in A Brexit position this Country could go "5 star".. and the remoaners will be at fault by failing to compromise on an exit.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2019, 02:23 PM) *
Labour government have always left the Country bankrupt. And I'm not including Blair / Brown as they were not really "Labour". I honestly believe that as at least 40% of the Country are now so entrenched in A Brexit position this Country could go "5 star".. and the remoaners will be at fault by failing to compromise on an exit.

The ERG blocked Brexit.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 2 2019, 03:20 PM) *
The ERG blocked Brexit.

In your world.
je suis Charlie
I'll just leave this here,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commen...r-tories-brexit
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 2 2019, 04:14 PM) *

Its what I've been saying fella... If the Tories go ****EU and get Farage on the team the opposition are toast. 40% is a massive win. We wiĺl be swimming in salty remoaner tears.😂😂😂
TallDarkAndHandsome

Good to see they are taking it well...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48488732

Revolution comrades. Death to anyone wearing any hue of blue!
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2019, 03:33 PM) *
In your world.

If all the Tories and DUP had voted for the WA we’d be out. I know facts don’t rate highly in your world. The backstop is the UK’s idea. It wasn’t forced on us.
newres

Interesting article. Thank you. I’m of the opinion that this will be the same sort of opinion that Corbyn is getting and he’ll buckle. I actually don’t know the rules of challenging Corbyn’s position but I wish someone would. There are so many people that would never vote for him. He’s as divisive as Farage.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 2 2019, 05:55 PM) *
If all the Tories and DUP had voted for the WA we’d be out. I know facts don’t rate highly in your world. The backstop is the UK’s idea. It wasn’t forced on us.

What's fact and what's fiction? Who decides? Is it you? We are like the USA in 2016. It's just a binary choice now. Blame it all on the ERG if you like. No one cares. You still don't get it. People are so entrenched now you can't win any argument. It's pointless.
Strafin
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2019, 04:19 PM) *
Really? Kudos for assault on a head of state, how peculiar.

I know you don't mix outside of your bubble much, but even you must have noticed that Trump has a lot of enemies?
There is a massive movement of people who are against him being in office who would rejoice if he was "removed".
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2019, 06:23 PM) *
What's fact and what's fiction? Who decides? Is it you? We are like the USA in 2016. It's just a binary choice now. Blame it all on the ERG if you like. No one cares. You still don't get it. People are so entrenched now you can't win any argument. It's pointless.

Facts are real things
Fiction is made up stuff
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 3 2019, 09:17 AM) *
I know you don't mix outside of your bubble much, but even you must have noticed that Trump has a lot of enemies?
There is a massive movement of people who are against him being in office who would rejoice if he was "removed".

There are always malcontents who don't like a democratically elected head of state. And it's usually lefties who think it's ok to use violence rather than the ballot. Sad but it's what I've come to expect from 'these' people. Milkshake for brains.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 3 2019, 09:21 AM) *
There are always malcontents who don't like a democratically elected head of state. And it's usually lefties who think it's ok to use violence rather than the ballot. Sad but it's what I've come to expect from 'these' people. Milkshake for brains.

In general violence is associated with the right. Compare remain and leave events and criminality.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 3 2019, 10:04 AM) *
In general violence is associated with the right. Compare remain and leave events and criminality.

And the people throwing milkshakes and hoping the President is 'removed' [sic] are on the right are they?
Strafin
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 3 2019, 10:34 AM) *
And the people throwing milkshakes and hoping the President is 'removed' [sic] are on the right are they?

I would agree they are more often than not left leaning. In our country now we are in a position where lots of ordinarily normal and sensible people are saying and doing things that they probably never thought they would themselves. Moderate politics are being eaten up by extremists. It's what happens when people don't feel they are being represented or having their voices heard.

In my experience there is a longer history of violence and hatred from the right though.
newres
QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 3 2019, 11:20 AM) *
I would agree they are more often than not left leaning. In our country now we are in a position where lots of ordinarily normal and sensible people are saying and doing things that they probably never thought they would themselves. Moderate politics are being eaten up by extremists. It's what happens when people don't feel they are being represented or having their voices heard.

In my experience there is a longer history of violence and hatred from the right though.

People have been throwing non lethal objects at politicians since I can remember. Unfortunately the snowflakes of the right are exploiting it. Remember it’s right wing extremists that murdered an MP.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 3 2019, 07:08 PM) *
People have been throwing non lethal objects at politicians since I can remember. Unfortunately the snowflakes of the right are exploiting it. Remember it’s right wing extremists that murdered an MP.

Actually, no it wasn't, it was one man with a long history of mental problems. He even tried to get help the day before the killing. He had been obsessed with right wing groups to the point of paranoia. To simply parrot " it was right wing extremists" shows little understanding of the case and lowers the whole argument.

Why is it that throwing stuff at right wingers is an act of political expression while throwing something at a lefty qualifies as an act of violence by the hard right Nazi's?

Again, please feel free to get an adult to check your reply.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 3 2019, 08:16 PM) *
Actually, no it wasn't, it was one man with a long history of mental problems. He even tried to get help the day before the killing. He had been obsessed with right wing groups to the point of paranoia. To simply parrot " it was right wing extremists" shows little understanding of the case and lowers the whole argument.

Why is it that throwing stuff at right wingers is an act of political expression while throwing something at a lefty qualifies as an act of violence by the hard right Nazi's?

Again, please feel free to get an adult to check your reply.

One man who was radicalised and yelled “Britain First”.

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 3 2019, 09:23 PM) *
One man who was radicalised and yelled “Britain First”.

According to one witness. He was never a member of that particular 'group' and in fact they totally repudiated him, when asked for his name at his trial he declared "My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain". The man had never held down a full time job and was well known as a schizophrenic loner. Madder than a cut snake.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2019, 09:17 AM) *
According to one witness. He was never a member of that particular 'group' and in fact they totally repudiated him, when asked for his name at his trial he declared "My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain". The man had never held down a full time job and was well known as a schizophrenic loner. Madder than a cut snake.

Was he ever a member on here?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2019, 02:52 PM) *

I expect so. Cos the Newbury Today forum is a hotbed of extremists... seems to be full of right minded people and one lefttly loon to me..
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2019, 02:52 PM) *

You know, I think he was? Went by the name of A Dolph Hilter. Seemed nice at the time, had a funny moustache as I recall. 😂 Had some great bratwurst recipes.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2019, 06:52 PM) *
You know, I think he was? Went by the name of A Dolph Hilter. Seemed nice at the time, had a funny moustache as I recall. 😂 Had some great bratwurst recipes.

I remember the fella from our forum networking event...was a bit suspicious of that black forest accent...
je suis Charlie
Meanwhile, back in remoaner land,

BBC News - Change UK splits as six of 11 MPs become independents
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2019, 08:18 PM) *
Meanwhile, back in remoaner land,

BBC News - Change UK splits as six of 11 MPs become independents
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

Never mind. It's the Peterborough Brexit landslide by election on Thursday. One less criminal in the HOC.🤣
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 4 2019, 09:56 PM) *
Never mind. It's the Peterborough Brexit landslide by election on Thursday. One less criminal in the HOC.🤣

Only one to get caught you mean.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2019, 09:58 PM) *
Only one to get caught you mean.

I concur sir. Lots more to find... from all parties.
newres
And the European Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48516348#
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 5 2019, 06:10 AM) *

Hmmm,. 💭
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 5 2019, 08:39 AM) *
Hmmm,. 💭

I'd say it's dishonest not to declare 1/2 million in payments if you know you're supposed to declare them. Not a crime, but just as dishonest as pretending someone else is driving ones car.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 5 2019, 10:13 AM) *
I'd say it's dishonest not to declare 1/2 million in payments if you know you're supposed to declare them. Not a crime, but just as dishonest as pretending someone else is driving ones car.

Farage never perjured himself in a Court of Law. If you can't see the difference that's your perogative. You have a real hang up over him. Lammy 200k expenses a year every year... no worries.. Lammy making thousands of unsolicited cold calls.. no worries.. If we had left the EU as per the vote in 2016 Farage would just be a footnote in political history. Because we have not left he is back.🙄
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.