Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Positive discrimination or just plain racism?
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 11 2017, 08:52 PM) *
So to sum up. White bad. None white good. Tell that to the forgotton white middle aged men who voted brexit. They they see adverts like that and you are actually surprised about the rise of the far right? Then again you'd probably just call them uneducated bigots. I see no racism in my workplace. The chap I work with is black, a fully qualified accountant and one of the nicest guys I know. Whats more he is an exceptional employee and being fast tracked. Its called "talent".

Racist, nazi, Tory.😁😁😁
TallDarkAndHandsome
And on a lighter note has the world gone completely mad?
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 11 2017, 09:52 PM) *
So to sum up. White bad. None white good. Tell that to the forgotton white middle aged men who voted brexit. They they see adverts like that and you are actually surprised about the rise of the far right? Then again you'd probably just call them uneducated bigots. I see no racism in my workplace. The chap I work with is black, a fully qualified accountant and one of the nicest guys I know. Whats more he is an exceptional employee and being fast tracked. Its called "talent".

Does this fit with the comment you made about you not wanting to employ me without you knowing anything at all about my skills or fitness for the job? Frankly, I'm not surprised you are often 'leaned on' by your HR department!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 11 2017, 10:28 PM) *
Does this fit with the comment you made about you not wanting to employ me without you knowing anything at all about my skills or fitness for the job? Frankly, I'm not surprised you are often 'leaned on' by your HR department!

Not at all. By commenting on this forum for years that gives me a much better insight into your character than a 1 to 2 hour interview. I think you would cause trouble in my department. I expect you have been a thorn in the side of a lot of people in the past. And you'll be proud of it.
Andy Capp
I read an interesting article where it stated that provided competence for a job is assumed, the chances of picking an ideal candidate for a job were only marginally better with an interview than if the decision was left to chance. In other words, a flip of a coin is almost as successful a method as an interview.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/20...s-are-pointless
Biker1
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 11 2017, 09:59 PM) *
And on a lighter note has the world gone completely mad?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
That is a joke right????
Please let it be a joke!!!!
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 11 2017, 10:41 PM) *
Not at all. By commenting on this forum for years that gives me a much better insight into your character than a 1 to 2 hour interview. I think you would cause trouble in my department. I expect you have been a thorn in the side of a lot of people in the past. And you'll be proud of it.

A very sad commentary on your managerial competence.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 12 2017, 07:28 AM) *
A very sad commentary on your managerial competence.

Confirmation that you would be trouble. 👍
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 12 2017, 07:44 AM) *
Confirmation that you would be trouble. 👍

Indeed. one of the reasons I wouldn't want to be employed by you anyway! You have at least confirmed that the biggest concern I had about Brexit, one that nearly stopped me voting to leave. That is, I was concerned that the UK didn't appear to have the management capability to go it alone. You have at least confirmed that; so perhaps the present political re-think is no bad thing.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 12 2017, 07:59 AM) *
Indeed. one of the reasons I wouldn't want to be employed by you anyway! You have at least confirmed that the biggest concern I had about Brexit, one that nearly stopped me voting to leave. That is, I was concerned that the UK didn't appear to have the management capability to go it alone. You have at least confirmed that; so perhaps the present political re-think is no bad thing.

Goodbye. Shut the door on the way out. You can't even perform trolling very well. Poor excuse for a human being.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 12 2017, 08:04 AM) *
Goodbye. Shut the door on the way out. You can't even perform trolling very well. Poor excuse for a human being.

Sigh, the classic response, you only have personal insult left. I do appreciate that the truth hurts; so sorry for upsetting your day even as it starts.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 12 2017, 08:09 AM) *
Sigh, the classic response, you only have personal insult left. I do appreciate that the truth hurts; so sorry for upsetting your day even as it starts.

Ha Ha. Upset? 😂
Andy Capp
Lol at the sight of two managerial elite slugging it out! tongue.gif

Some light reading:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/...e-a6867291.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/...t-a6865446.html
On the edge
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jul 12 2017, 09:05 AM) *

Very interesting; as item one implies, difficult to make work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.