Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbury Train Station, GWR, Network Rail
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 08:37 PM) *
Any dumb **** could do it. Hardly intelligent.

Have you? Hmm?
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 08:34 PM) *
We've got a Mercedes as well. tongue.gif

My range rover sport trump's your merc 😊
On the edge
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 08:34 PM) *
Yup, it's called intelligent investment.

For you. yes it's a good return. Logical yes, and if you think about it, the decision was common sense so relatively little intelligence was needed.

I wonder just how good it stays as your tenants real earnings start to dip and indeed the building industry catch up and provide many more new homes. It's a risk worth taking I'm sure, but it's there nonetheless.

Still, make hay whilst the Sun shines, because as we are seeing from recent Budgets, the treasury wonks don't see this situation as intelligent economics for the Country.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 29 2017, 08:44 PM) *

I get the train.😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ May 29 2017, 08:46 PM) *
For you. yes it's a good return. Logical yes, and if you think about it, the decision was common sense so relatively little intelligence was needed.

I wonder just how good it stays as your tenants real earnings start to dip and indeed the building industry catch up and provide many more new homes. It's a risk worth taking I'm sure, but it's there nonetheless.

Still, make hay whilst the Sun shines, because as we are seeing from recent Budgets, the treasury wonks don't see this situation as intelligent economics for the Country.

And I suspect nay, expect most people's earnings to fit under labour. And I can't see land getting cheaper or builders want to make less profit for the shareholders.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 29 2017, 08:47 PM) *
I get the train.😂

We looked at a train, but we don't have room in the driveway. 😎
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 08:34 PM) *
We've got a Mercedes as well. tongue.gif

A Merc? That'll be a hate crime under corbyn!! seriously though, which one is it? I quite like the new E Class. ph34r.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
Just watched Corbyn on SKY. He did well.

However, If I was Argentinian or Spanish I would be taking the view that come June 9th both the Falklands and Gibraltar were fair game if Corbyn won. In fact I'd just walk in. After all whats he going to do? Call a meeting????
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 08:42 PM) *
Have you? Hmm?

In the past.
newres
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 29 2017, 08:44 PM) *

Yes, but you used an apostrophe incorrectly so I can still look down on you. tongue.gif
On the edge
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:16 PM) *
A Merc? That'll be a hate crime under corbyn!! seriously though, which one is it? I quite like the new E Class. ph34r.gif

A declining number of us can well remember when it was a 'hate crime' previously; but then we had a motor industry ourselves. We made the best in the World, even now a Roller probably trumps a Merc...if you can really afford quality!
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 29 2017, 09:19 PM) *
Just watched Corbyn on SKY. He did well.

However, If I was Argentinian or Spanish I would be taking the view that come June 9th both the Falklands and Gibraltar were fair game if Corbyn won. In fact I'd just walk in. After all whats he going to do? Call a meeting????

He did do well. You make the mistake of thinking that having a big mouth makes one strong. Corbyn I would suggest to you has real stregnth to have put up with all the attacks he has and still come out fighting. And to win people over. I include me.
newres
QUOTE (On the edge @ May 29 2017, 09:21 PM) *
A declining number of us can well remember when it was a 'hate crime' previously; but then we had a motor industry ourselves. We made the best in the World, even now a Roller probably trumps a Merc...if you can really afford quality!

Rollers are German now aren't they? biggrin.gif
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:16 PM) *

E class, but it's a few years old. Is there a new one? I must admit my dream car would be a Range Rover Sport. Maybe when I'm old like Je Suis Charlie and no longer have anything else to spend money on I might be able to buy one. £70 or £80k aren't they.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (On the edge @ May 29 2017, 09:21 PM) *

I've always thought the Rolls was a trifle passe a tough vulger, the sort of thing pub landlords drive. However, Bentley! Now there's a gentlemans conveyance, just a shame they tend to be driven by footballers these days. Its also a shame that neither survive under British ownershio. Good lors, even Volvo is owned by the chinese these days. Is nothing sacred??
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:24 PM) *
He did do well. You make the mistake of thinking that having a big mouth makes one strong. Corbyn I would suggest to you has real stregnth to have put up with all the attacks he has and still come out fighting. And to win people over. I include me.

I dont trust him to defend the Country. Period. You think he'd defend GIB and the FI? He'd go to the useless UN.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 29 2017, 09:28 PM) *
I dont trust him to defend the Country. Period. You think he'd defend GIB and the FI? He'd go to the useless UN.

I think you're wrong. I suspect he would exhaust all options though before sending boys to their deaths as Thatcher did.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:27 PM) *
I've always thought the Rolls was a trifle passe a tough vulger, the sort of thing pub landlords drive. However, Bentley! Now there's a gentlemans conveyance, just a shame they tend to be driven by footballers these days. Its also a shame that neither survive under British ownershio. Good lors, even Volvo is owned by the chinese these days. Is nothing sacred??

I didn't know that about Volvo. Pub landlords liked Jags I think. Dodgy property developers went for Rollers. biggrin.gif
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:27 PM) *
E class, but it's a few years old. Is there a new one? I must admit my dream car would be a Range Rover Sport. Maybe when I'm old like Je Suis Charlie and no longer have anything else to spend money on I might be able to buy one. £70 or £80k aren't they.

The W213 old chap, lovely car, a touch 'russian doll' and some of the interior is a touch brash, but still a nice car. New diesel motor as well, very smooth and quiet as well as efficient. Its one of those, the new A6 when it finally appears, or the new Volvo in either xc60 or s90 form. Decisions decisions.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:32 PM) *
I didn't know that about Volvo. Pub landlords liked Jags I think. Dodgy property developers went for Rollers. biggrin.gif

Owned by Geeley I'm afraid, still making some jolly nice cars though. Their new two ltr Petrol is available with a supercharger as well as a turbo. Oh, and I'm still not 'dodgy' enough for a rolls. Just too Dell Boy.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:30 PM) *
I think you're wrong. I suspect he would exhaust all options though before sending boys to their deaths as Thatcher did.

Maggie... The greatest leader since Churchill...😁
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:32 PM) *
The W213 old chap, lovely car, a touch 'russian doll' and some of the interior is a touch brash, but still a nice car. New diesel motor as well, very smooth and quiet as well as efficient. Its one of those, the new A6 when it finally appears, or the new Volvo in either xc60 or s90 form. Decisions decisions.

The interior of the new XC Volvos is nice I have to say.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:30 PM) *

I think once a foreigh power has bypassed diplomacy and invaded sovereign territory their is little else to do, regrettable but sometimes the only option. Far to many brave boys died or were maimed. Using french arms I may add.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:38 PM) *
The interior of the new XC Volvos is nice I have to say.

yes, Nappa leather, BIG touch screens and tech up the yazzoo, all singing and dancing semi autonomy. Impressive.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:39 PM) *
I think once a foreigh power has bypassed diplomacy and invaded sovereign territory their is little else to do, regrettable but sometimes the only option. Far to many brave boys died or were maimed. Using french arms I may add.

In the case of the Falklands we'll never know. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the most unpopular PM in modern times won a landslide on the back of it.

https://beastrabban.wordpress.com/2016/03/0...s-war-memorial/
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:42 PM) *
In the case of the Falklands we'll never know. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the most unpopular PM in modern times won a landslide on the back of it.

https://beastrabban.wordpress.com/2016/03/0...s-war-memorial/

Which was precisely what Mr Blair tried to emulate.
newres
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:43 PM) *
Which was precisely what Mr Blair tried to emulate.

I'm not sure about that. Much as I despise him.
On the edge
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 09:25 PM) *
Rollers are German now aren't they? biggrin.gif

Quite!
On the edge
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 29 2017, 09:27 PM) *

Umm, glorifying the collapse of British industry and I thought it was only me seeing our desolate productive landscape.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ May 29 2017, 10:14 PM) *
Umm, glorifying the collapse of British industry and I thought it was only me seeing our desolate productive landscape.

Yeah, wotevaar!
Biker1
QUOTE (newres @ May 29 2017, 02:26 PM) *
It's a myth that education and health are suffering due to immigration.

No it isn't.
How can having a burgeoning population of 250,000 a year (that we know of) NOT have an effect on public services if they are not expanded at a rate that will compensate? Which is almost physically and financially impossible.
Andy Capp
The language barrier is another problem, but immigration creates tax revenue which helps support services. However, whether recent governments have invested that revenue sufficiently is another matter. Equally, whether we would be better-off without high levels of immigration is also questionable.
newres
QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 30 2017, 08:10 AM) *
No it isn't.
How can having a burgeoning population of 250,000 a year (that we know of) NOT have an effect on public services if they are not expanded at a rate that will compensate? Which is almost physically and financially impossible.

The vast majority of whom are paying tax that doesn't get invested in the NHS. The problem is under investment.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 12:12 PM) *
The vast majority of whom are paying tax that doesn't get invested in the NHS. The problem is under investment.

I think it is a case of the government wanting the cake and eating it.
Biker1
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 12:12 PM) *

Oh I see.
So it is simply a matter of funding the NHS with as much cash as it needs (currently £120Bn a year (that's £120,000 million! although it could swallow an infinite amount) which you obviously think isn't enough) so it can grow sufficiently in order to accommodate the huge ongoing increase in population?
newres
QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 30 2017, 01:13 PM) *
Oh I see.
So it is simply a matter of funding the NHS with as much cash as it needs (currently £120Bn a year (that's £120,000 million! although it could swallow an infinite amount) which you obviously think isn't enough) so it can grow sufficiently in order to accommodate the huge ongoing increase in population?

That's a different argument.

The majority of immigrants are young so actually put less strain on the NHS. Without immigrants the NHS would collapse. Immigration is a tax gain for the UK.

Now how given that information how are the problems in the NHS caused by immigrants? Is it in the same way that immigrants have slowed down the M4? wink.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 30 2017, 01:13 PM) *
Oh I see.

Its Ok. We are getting #CorbynCare
Everything is free and no one has to work.
I guess the Pound crashing if he got elected would be currency fluctuations and nothing to do with him not having a money tree.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 30 2017, 07:11 PM) *
Its Ok. We are getting #CorbynCare
Everything is free and no one has to work.
I guess the Pound crashing if he got elected would be currency fluctuations and nothing to do with him not having a money tree.

i guess the pound crashing after Brexit was ok because the sky didn't fall in and there weren't plagues of locusts as well. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 07:22 PM) *
i guess the pound crashing after Brexit was ok because the sky didn't fall in and there weren't plagues of locusts as well. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The IMF will declare us Greece 2... The sequel.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 30 2017, 09:05 PM) *
The IMF will declare us Greece 2... The sequel.

Oh Sandy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMblmkcdJEw
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 09:12 PM) *

OJN in her prime...luvly jubbly.😀
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 30 2017, 09:20 PM) *
OJN in her prime...luvly jubbly.😀

A Tuesday treat!
newres
Does Simon know that JC has an allotment? I didn't know until The One Show clip.
Simon Kirby
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 09:41 PM) *
Does Simon know that JC has an allotment? I didn't know until The One Show clip.

Yes, I knew. It's one of the many things that endeared him to me when he was running for the Labour Party leadership.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 09:33 PM) *
A Tuesday treat!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40100915

😞😞
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 07:22 PM) *

Even the idea he might win has seen pound crash this morning. Zimbabwe here we come
😂
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 31 2017, 06:53 AM) *
Even the idea he might win has seen pound crash this morning. Zimbabwe here we come
😂

No, you're getting it wrong again. It crashed after Brexit. It might flutter still, but the crash already happened. I actually think the pound may recover because people will see we will remain in the single market - uncertainty about which was the reason for the crash. JC is clear that we will remain in the single market.
newres
QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ May 30 2017, 09:58 PM) *
Yes, I knew. It's one of the many things that endeared him to me when he was running for the Labour Party leadership.

I'm beginning to think I was wrong about him. I did like a few things about him before, but I thought he was too extreme. I like to think I'm too smart to be manipulated by the media, but clearly I was wrong.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ May 31 2017, 07:07 AM) *
No, you're getting it wrong again. It crashed after Brexit. It might flutter still, but the crash already happened. I actually think the pound may recover because people will see we will remain in the single market - uncertainty about which was the reason for the crash. JC is clear that we will remain in the single market.

😂 Even the idea of him winning made the pound "fluctuate". Just waiting for the land grab policy.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 31 2017, 06:53 AM) *
😂

Aah, so you'd rather us on the same road as Greece?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.