Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top Gear.
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Turin Machine
Top Gear is dead! ohmy.gif thanks BBC, but, long live The Grand Tour! Hurrah for a totally politically incorrect laugh a minute car show. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Nov 20 2016, 04:19 PM) *
Top Gear is dead! ohmy.gif thanks BBC, but, long live The Grand Tour! Hurrah for a totally politically incorrect laugh a minute car show. laugh.gif

You cant have anything not "on message" on the BBC. HIGNFY is now juat a shadow of its former self.
Turin Machine
Seems like a party political for the left some nights, but that's the way the beeb likes it.
je suis Charlie
Just caught this, its hilarious, last of the summer wine crossed with top Gear on acid! Guess who didn't like it? Will Gompertz, who does Will work for? Auntie Beeb. Just don't get it do they. Most watched show on the planet and they throw it away! Lefty idiots.
user23
It became dull, just the same jokes in the same format re-hashed every week.

Glad to see it go.
Andy Capp
The last Top Gear was poorly presented and nearly unwatchable. The Grand Tour is better and a knockoff of the former Top Gear. Clarkson seems to be the difference.
newres
I agree with User23, it was well past its sell by date. Reactionary middle to early old age blokes in jumpers. It used to be good, but particularly Clarkson became a caricature of his former self.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (newres @ Nov 26 2016, 07:39 PM) *
I agree with User23, it was well past its sell by date. Reactionary middle to early old age blokes in jumpers. It used to be good, but particularly Clarkson became a caricature of his former self.

and all the better for it. best car show till grande tour.
Andy Capp
“The results (of the M spec motor) are as dramatic as putting a furious weasel in your underpants. This car would be less annoying to ecomentalists if it ran on sliced dolphin.”

“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?”

"In the olden days I always got the impression that TVR built a car, put it on sale, and then found out how it handled – usually when one of their customers wrote to the factory complaining about how dead he was.”

laugh.gif
newres
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 27 2016, 11:05 AM) *
“The results (of the M spec motor) are as dramatic as putting a furious weasel in your underpants. This car would be less annoying to ecomentalists if it ran on sliced dolphin.”

“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?”

"In the olden days I always got the impression that TVR built a car, put it on sale, and then found out how it handled – usually when one of their customers wrote to the factory complaining about how dead he was.”

laugh.gif

First two lines are ok, but the last one doesn't work.
user23
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 25 2016, 09:26 PM) *
The last Top Gear was poorly presented and nearly unwatchable. The Grand Tour is better and a knockoff of the former Top Gear. Clarkson seems to be the difference.
It probably is, but I'm not paying however much it is for Prime just to watch new episodes of old Top Gear.

It's somewhat ironic that the often xenophobic and technophobic Clarkson has ended up on a foreign owned TV channel you can only watch using the internet.

Andy Capp
QUOTE (newres @ Nov 27 2016, 11:37 AM) *
First two lines are ok, but the last one doesn't work.

A joke is in the eye of the beholder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.