Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HGVs
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
Jay Sands
Was anyone else kept awake last night because of a convoy of HGVs travelling from the Robin Hood roundabout finding they couldn't turn into Kiln Road and then attempting to navigate the two mini-roundabouts at the junction to go back to the A4/A34? It seemed to go on from about 11:00pm to around 2:00 in the morning.

JeffG
Perhaps they can't read? I went past the Robin Hood a couple of days ago and saw a sign saying "Kiln Road closed at Shaw Road". Couldn't have been much clearer.
newres
QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 13 2016, 10:16 AM) *
Perhaps they can't read? I went past the Robin Hood a couple of days ago and saw a sign saying "Kiln Road closed at Shaw Road". Couldn't have been much clearer.

Presupposes that they weren't outsiders and Kiln Rd and Shaw Rd would have any meaning at all for them.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (newres @ Aug 14 2016, 07:48 PM) *
Presupposes that they weren't outsiders and Kiln Rd and Shaw Rd would have any meaning at all for them.

Even insiders may have not understood either.
JeffG
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 15 2016, 09:02 AM) *
Even insiders may have not understood either.

True enough. People tend to rely on Sat Navs and road names don't mean much. A sign at the entrance to the B4009 saying "No right turn ahead" might have been more effective.
On the edge
We aren't very good at signs in Newbury; remember Park Way bridge?
JeffG
Does anyone know if the Shaw Road/Kiln Road junction is open again yet? I have to go that way (or take a detour) on Tuesday.
On the edge
QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 27 2016, 05:19 PM) *
Does anyone know if the Shaw Road/Kiln Road junction is open again yet? I have to go that way (or take a detour) on Tuesday.

Yes it's now open. Though there is a traffic light controlled one way bit just beyond Walton Way.
JeffG
Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.