Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inadequate A34 central barriers
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
gel
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/newseven...m.htm?id=335957

I'm surprised that these barriers couldn't contain a small car and prevent the serious injuries that occurred here to the South & Northbound drivers dry.gif
newres
QUOTE (gel @ Jun 14 2016, 10:32 AM) *
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/newseven...m.htm?id=335957

I'm surprised that these barriers couldn't contain a small car and prevent the serious injuries that occurred here to the South & Northbound drivers dry.gif

Good point. If they can't keep a Corsa in, what's the point of them?
On the edge
QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2016, 04:23 PM) *
Good point. If they can't keep a Corsa in, what's the point of them?

All down to the dynamics I suppose to stop even a Corsa at certain angles and at speed is going to need a pretty strong and hence expensive barrier. The crash barrier could never be more than a means of mitigating damage as opposed to preventing it. Anyway, not much point in spending millions upgrading them with driverless cars looming on the horizon!
motormad
Bloody ****. That sounds pretty brutal.

I would expect the central reservation to hold a car that hits it at a 45 degree angle.
On the edge
QUOTE (motormad @ Jun 16 2016, 11:07 AM) *

I would expect the central reservation to hold a car that hits it at a 45 degree angle.

Just like many people expected CCTV to be monitored, it looks good and is good, but only if the economics work.
Biker1
QUOTE (motormad @ Jun 16 2016, 11:07 AM) *

I expect it went over the top. (Yes I know it says "through".)
Make 'em 6' high I say! tongue.gif
Rdg
At least it isn't a horrible steel rope cheesewire type
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.