Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donald Trump
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 02:34 PM) *
Why? They are the perfect punter; they can winge as much as they like, but they just keep coming and just keep paying.

Winge? LOL.... Drones will sort Branson and co out. He is history. Take a look at this.

https://www.sporttechie.com/watch-interdime...h-opened-arkit/

This is the future I am working on. Lets make history. We have great people.
On the edge
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 13 2018, 03:43 PM) *
Pretty much the perfect business model. Be as crap as you like and still rake it in.

Absolutley! And more, you can get handouts from HMG if you can get your accountant to show a profit dip now and again. Seriously, I've never understood why Branson hasn't featured far more in the honours list; he even manages to get his staff to believe he is a hero whilst paying them slightly less than the going rate. A few more like him and we'll have no issues coping with Brexit.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 05:08 PM) *
Absolutley! And more, you can get handouts from HMG if you can get your accountant to show a profit dip now and again. Seriously, I've never understood why Branson hasn't featured far more in the honours list; he even manages to get his staff to believe he is a hero whilst paying them slightly less than the going rate. A few more like him and we'll have no issues coping with Brexit.

At least the hurricane had a bit of sense. Hope it visits just him again next year. A$$hole.
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 13 2018, 05:37 PM) *
At least the hurricane had a bit of sense. Hope it visits just him again next year. A$$hole.

Some thoughts you’re better keeping to yourself.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 13 2018, 05:37 PM) *

Why so? I thought you admired go getting, astute business people? Seriously, isn't he a role model, someone who overcame difficulties and by his own merit succeeded? So, surely he has every right to enjoy the fruits of his labours.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jan 13 2018, 05:50 PM) *

A threat? I'm calling the Police. laugh.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 06:45 PM) *
Why so? I thought you admired go getting, astute business people? Seriously, isn't he a role model, someone who overcame difficulties and by his own merit succeeded? So, surely he has every right to enjoy the fruits of his labours.

Admire his entrepreneur spirit. Do not admire his tax avoidance. Do not admire any sort of censorship.
TallDarkAndHandsome
https://mobile.twitter.com/RogTallbloke/sta...8318209/photo/1
je suis Charlie
Saw him at a London boatshow a few years ago, came across as a bit of a bell end.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (newres @ Jan 13 2018, 05:50 PM) *

Why?
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 13 2018, 07:59 PM) *
Admire his entrepreneur spirit. Do not admire his tax avoidance. Do not admire any sort of censorship.

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't avoid tax when it's legal for them to do so; tax evasion is the real issue. As for censorship, thought I'd explained that; he's simply savvy enough to seize an opportunity to reduce his cleaning costs. Doing no more than the big supermarkets are doing in getting the Mail to push the plastics issue and so significantly reduce their present overheads whilst the customer thinks they are getting a benefit! Seizing opportunities for profit is exactly thus and it's what top rate entrepreneurs do is it not?
On the edge
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 13 2018, 08:13 PM) *
Saw him at a London boatshow a few years ago, came across as a bit of a bell end.

Wonder what he thought of you Mr local entreprenure? tongue.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 09:09 PM) *

Makes Trump look like the "Virgin" Mary.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/...collection.html

On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 13 2018, 09:36 PM) *
Makes Trump look like the "Virgin" Mary.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/...collection.html

Well, well, a famed entreprenure and we don't like him! Surely, he's capitalisim personified, surely you aren't turning into a libtard TDH?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 09:49 PM) *
Well, well, a famed entreprenure and we don't like him! Surely, he's capitalisim personified, surely you aren't turning into a libtard TDH?

About as much chance of that as Farage calling for a 2nd referendum.....😂😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 09:09 PM) *

Didn't bother asking. I've got a house, a car and a boat. He's got an Island, a railway and a space rocket. QED.
Biker1
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 13 2018, 10:07 PM) *
Doing no more than the big supermarkets are doing in getting the Mail to push the plastics issue and so significantly reduce their present overheads whilst the customer thinks they are getting a benefit!

Funny how The Mail pushed for, and claimed they succeeded in, forcing the plastic bag issue and yet their Saturday and Sunday supplements come encased in plastic bags!! rolleyes.gif
newres
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 13 2018, 07:57 PM) *
A threat? I'm calling the Police. laugh.gif

No, not a threat. It just makes you look a bitter man. That’s all.
On the edge
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jan 14 2018, 06:44 PM) *
Funny how The Mail pushed for, and claimed they succeeded in, forcing the plastic bag issue and yet their Saturday and Sunday supplements come encased in plastic bags!! rolleyes.gif

You might not have noticed that in all the Government blather about eliminating plastic is a little word that pops up now and again....necessary.

The plastic bags the newspapers cover their magazines with is 'necessary' packaging - because magazines have so many inserts it would be difficult to handle them without it. Presumably, the concept of paper bags is unheard of in newspaper circles. How do I know? Well, I asked and that's the reply!

So, yes, its a very worthy thing to promote elimination of plastic........provided it doesn't affect us.

I must admit, I am surprised that so far, the firm's concerned haven't asked for a Government grant, they could take a lesson from Mr Branson.
Biker1
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 15 2018, 09:31 AM) *
So, yes, its a very worthy thing to promote elimination of plastic........provided it doesn't affect us.

Precisely OTE, and that applies to so many things in our lives doesn't it?
We need to eliminate all these bad things as long as it doesn't affect us!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (newres @ Jan 15 2018, 08:14 AM) *
No, not a threat. It just makes you look a bitter man. That’s all.

Not at all. Billionaires should pay tax. He avoids it. I thought you would want him to with your communist views?
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 15 2018, 05:33 PM) *
Not at all. Billionaires should pay tax. He avoids it. I thought you would want him to with your communist views?

Of course, something you and the rest of us have never done TDH? wink.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 16 2018, 06:55 AM) *
Of course, something you and the rest of us have never done TDH? wink.gif

Always paid my tax.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 16 2018, 07:42 AM) *
Always paid my tax.

I'm sure you have and I'm sure the rest of us have and indeed Mr Branson has. I suspect we've not paid a cent more and took advantage of any opportunity we saw to reduce the demand. Indeed, we would have been thought daft no to. Tax avoidance is not a crime anymore than commercial sharp practice. We little people only get upset because our PAYE and automated bank account survelance make it hard for us! Frankly, it's just the same with big corporations 'avoiding tax'; the solution lies with the law makers. Anyway, TDH, if you do break through the glass ceiling you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that your accountant will help you keep a good portion of your hard earned stash. At least us modern paupers won't get their mitts on it!
TallDarkAndHandsome
When will Trump be assassinated? They must be having difficulty as he has his own security and doesn't rely on the FBI or NSA. They will get to him though. Just a matter of time.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 4 2018, 08:59 PM) *
When will Trump be assassinated? They must be having difficulty as he has his own security and doesn't rely on the FBI or NSA. They will get to him though. Just a matter of time.

There is also a good chance that the Pope will get married.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 5 2018, 06:18 AM) *
There is also a good chance that the Pope will get married.

And that Trump will be welcomed by the UK citizens when he pays a visit...😂
je suis Charlie
With the IRA now openly backing comrade Corbyn, anything is possible. Trump might have a quick whip round in the Boston bars to pay for some new weapons for them.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 5 2018, 10:57 PM) *

Can't see why he couldn't meet her maje. in bonnie Scotland. Would be a 'first' which is what he likes. He's got property up there and La Belle Sturgeon still scrubs up nice. So, a state visit to Balmoral. Train fares and the rain would be more than enough to keep the great unwashed down South.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 6 2018, 09:15 AM) *
Can't see why he couldn't meet her maje. in bonnie Scotland. Would be a 'first' which is what he likes. He's got property up there and La Belle Sturgeon still scrubs up nice. So, a state visit to Balmoral. Train fares and the rain would be more than enough to keep the great unwashed down South.

Probably couldn't afford to now seeing as his stock markets just collapsed laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Turin Machine
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 6 2018, 12:00 PM) *
Probably couldn't afford to now seeing as his stock markets just collapsed laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just a spot of rebalancing, nothing more.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 5 2018, 10:57 PM) *

Everyone supposedly up in arms over Trump even contemplating visiting our little island yet Michel Barnier swans over, tells May and co what we can and can not do, leaves with a condescending grin on his face and no one says a dicky bird. Trump may not be everyone's ideal dinner guest but what has he actually done to offend most of the free world? Groped a few women, yes, nuked SE asia, not yet. Putin's best buddy? Complete rubbish. Trade with him and or China? That is the long term answer.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 6 2018, 12:26 PM) *
Everyone supposedly up in arms over Trump even contemplating visiting our little island yet Michel Barnier swans over, tells May and co what we can and can not do, leaves with a condescending grin on his face and no one says a dicky bird. Trump may not be everyone's ideal dinner guest but what has he actually done to offend most of the free world? Groped a few women, yes, nuked SE asia, not yet. Putin's best buddy? Complete rubbish. Trade with him and or China? That is the long term answer.

He's a republican evil son of Satan who wants to put his country and his people first! Not a liberal snowflake. That's why they don't like him.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 6 2018, 12:50 PM) *
He's a republican evil son of Satan who wants to put his country and his people first! Not a liberal snowflake. That's why they don't like him.

That is dreadful. People like that should be hung drawn and quartered on the high altar. To put your own kind before the rest of the planet is totally unacceptable in today's world. Let us all rejoice that JC the 2nd will deliver us from such evil.
On the edge
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 6 2018, 12:26 PM) *

Pity Barnier didn't speak up before the referendum, the 'leave' majority would have been so much greater.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 6 2018, 02:37 PM) *
Pity Barnier didn't speak up before the referendum, the 'leave' majority would have been so much greater.

They had Osborne instead. cool.gif
Andy Capp
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 6 2018, 12:50 PM) *

He’s about as republican as me.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 7 2018, 09:16 AM) *
He’s about as republican as me.

So is the end of the world nigh? Is Donald tweeting his way to WW3?

For all the action live....

https://syria.liveuamap.com
Turin Machine
This would be because of the chemical weapon strike that Russia is innocent of?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 11 2018, 07:15 PM) *
This would be because of the chemical weapon strike that Russia is innocent of?

Doomed. We are all doomed....🇷🇺
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 11 2018, 07:18 PM) *
Doomed. We are all doomed....🇷🇺

I don't see why? just get jeremy and his cohort to pop over to Moscow, have a nice cuppa tea, maybe a beetroot sandwich, sorted!!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 11 2018, 07:55 PM) *
I don't see why? just get jeremy and his cohort to pop over to Moscow, have a nice cuppa tea, maybe a beetroot sandwich, sorted!!

Jeremy is about as relevant as beetroot. I do think this war will get 🔥. Would suit putin and trump to have a none nuclear exchange to fire up the populous. Whats a few dead servicemen? Never stopped em before...
On the edge
Clearly we need Patsy Blair back to help Uncle Sam when he whisltles.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 11 2018, 08:02 PM) *
Jeremy is about as relevant as beetroot. I do think this war will get 🔥. Would suit putin and trump to have a none nuclear exchange to fire up the populous. Whats a few dead servicemen? Never stopped em before...

You obviously don't understand. Corbyns the man to sort this, take Putin for a trip to Libya, show him the error of his ways, ask him if he wouldn't mind not supporting the dictatorship. I mean, don't you get it? It's so easy after all. Nothing to it. Go Jezza!
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 11 2018, 08:10 PM) *
You obviously don't understand. Corbyns the man to sort this, take Putin for a trip to Libya, show him the error of his ways, ask him if he wouldn't mind not supporting the dictatorship. I mean, don't you get it? It's so easy after all. Nothing to it. Go Jezza!

Corbyn wouldn't vote for war if everyone in Salisbury was gassed by Novivchok and Putin admitted it. Not that I am that keen to get drawn into a war where we are fighting a secular country so it can be dismantled for the hard line Islamists to reclaim...
On the edge
If the reported view of Theresa May is right, whatever the merits of Jeremy Corbyn, I suspect that given our recent experiences, any other Prime Minister would be rather more circumspect at the moment. With modern communications Parliament can be recalled almost immediatley; it would not be wise to preempt or take such decisions on her own.
newres
QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 11 2018, 08:51 PM) *
If the reported view of Theresa May is right, whatever the merits of Jeremy Corbyn, I suspect that given our recent experiences, any other Prime Minister would be rather more circumspect at the moment. With modern communications Parliament can be recalled almost immediatley; it would not be wise to preempt or take such decisions on her own.

Agreed.
je suis Charlie
My impersonation Of Putin;

"I din do nuffin!"
Andy Capp
Putting prejudice to one side, should we risk a war based on ‘most likely’.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 12 2018, 08:03 AM) *
Putting prejudice to one side, should we risk a war based on ‘most likely’.

In one word no. Say we kill Assad? Who replaces him? Seems odd that as the civil war is now just about over we now decide to intervene. Its almost as if some people need wars to sell arms....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.