Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the MAGICAL vanishing wheelie bins?
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
Gazzadp
*Missing a your wheelie bin*

It would appear that Veolia have now started a brand new service, where lucky people are selected at random to have their black (rubbish) wheelie bins replaced with brand new ones, sadly they do NOT tell the selected household about this.

Instead you put your black wheelie bin outside for emptying and then the wheelie bin vanishes as it is emptied.

NOTE: Your bin has NOT been stolen.
It has not not been placed outside another house, either!

The black wheelie bin, just vanishes. GONE!

As some people in north west Newbury (Speen) area found out yesterday, I know of 3 households including ours that this happened too. Whats worse is, as they came up the street, I went and placed a bag in our bin, so they knew we were in. The bin was placed on the lorry and hoisted up and then.....

Well I went out to get our bin in, and well even the greatest TV magicians would be have been proud of the bin men! As our bin was nowhere to be seen. So I wnt down the road and found the bin men and was told "it went into the lorry" and "you need to call the council"....

Well guys thanks for letting me know.

So if others are missing their black wheelie bins, you need to call the council and ask for a new bin, make sure you tell them that the "bin men, allowed it to drop in the back of the bin lorry".

Best Wishes to all.,
Ruth
I live under the Speen Parish council and my bins are emptied every Friday and we got our ours returned ok. But thanks for the warning and will keep an eye out.
Gazzadp
A friend in Sutton Road, had their black bin vanish yesterday too. Although they walked around the block searching in vain for their bin. Sadly they know of FOUR other people who also lost their bins yesterday too.

But credit where credit is due, I phoned West Berkshire council yesterday within minutes of the dustmen driving off into the distance, the lady said it might take upto 4 days to deliver us a new wheelie bin, and they brought one first thing this morning.
Biker1
I wonder how much a wheelie bin costs us? mellow.gif
blackdog
My green bin went under similar circumstances a few months back. To be fair it was split down both sides within a couple of weeks of us getting it when they introduced the green bin scheme. However, it didn't bother me, I wasn't filling it with liquid, it lasted for years and held the grass cutting, etc.

I phoned the council and a new one arrived in a day or two.

But, they really ought to have a leaflet to stick through the letterbox when they do this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.