Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What noises annoy you?
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2
JMH
Hi All,

Yet again this morning my neighbour's milkman woke me up by reversing his cart up our close and then taking ages to deliver his produce! This used to be around 7:15 but this morning it was 6:15!! Why can't the carts be electric like they used to be? Did I miss a clock change? angry.gif

What noises annoy you?

J
Andrea
I live on a straight bit of road out in Kintbury, speed limit is 30mph yet late at night you can hear cars driving passed at a much faster speed. This annoys me so much. I could be in a dead sleep but get woken up every night by some inconsiderate **** who insists on driving as fast as they can in the lowest gear they can manage.
Andy
Squeaky sweet wrappers
Good Boy Racer
I live on a straight bit of road out in Kintbury, speed limit is 30mph yet late at night you can hear cars driving passed at a much faster speed. This annoys me so much. I could be in a dead sleep but get woken up every night by some inconsiderate **** who insists on driving as fast as they can in the lowest gear they can manage.

It wasn't me.
JMH
Not a noise but I am now suffering from 'text disapearing under the ads' syndrome!! Only on this thread though (which I started)!
JMH
QUOTE (JMH @ Jul 22 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Not a noise but I am now suffering from 'text disapearing under the ads' syndrome!! Only on this thread though (which I started)!

Now I'm not - what is going on? huh.gif
GMR
Car alarms going off and kids shouting and screaming at 1 or 2 in the morning.
Wicca
Neighbours letting their kids run around screaming at stupid o' clock in the morning all week angry.gif
Bill1
Mika.

Westlife.

Maroon 5.

Celine Dion.

Mariah Carey.

etc. etc.
GMR
QUOTE (Wicca @ Jul 22 2009, 12:09 PM) *
Neighbours letting their kids run around screaming at stupid o' clock in the morning all week angry.gif

Agreed.
Jamoza
QUOTE (Wicca @ Jul 22 2009, 12:09 PM) *

I agree, my neighbours do that!!!!
Chesapeake
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 22 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Car alarms going off and kids shouting and screaming at 1 or 2 in the morning.

Absolutely! I also HATE police helicopters hovering overhead for prolonged periods of time because I want to know what's happening! REALLY frustrating! angry.gif
Strafin
QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 22 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Squeaky sweet wrappers

I thought I was the only one! Quality Street seem to be the worst.
TallDarkAndHandsome
Car drivers that honk their horn right next to you when you are peacefully walking down the street just so they can wave at someone. Morons.
lordtup
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 22 2009, 05:00 PM) *
Car drivers that honk their horn right next to you when you are peacefully walking down the street just so they can wave at someone. Morons.

Bit of a tangent,but I hate so called friends / colleagues etc who blast on the horn everytime they see you.Pillocks !
Iommi
Crying babies. The sound of dance music from the neighbour.
GMR
QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 22 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Absolutely! I also HATE police helicopters hovering overhead for prolonged periods of time because I want to know what's happening! REALLY frustrating! angry.gif

Oh, I don't mind that so much.... it is something different, however, I do agree about wanting to know wink.gif laugh.gif
GMR
Bus drivers who see you cycling and try to drive as close as possible to you just for sport. Which is highly dangerous and life threatening.
Biker1
The sound of people masticating.

(I think that's how you spell it!!)
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 22 2009, 07:36 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

You mean chewing and not wagging your robin?
Biker1
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 22 2009, 07:43 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's what the dictionary says although both are quite disturbing noises!! (I should imagine) laugh.gif laugh.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 22 2009, 07:46 PM) *
That's what the dictionary says although both are quite disturbing noises!! (I should imagine) laugh.gif laugh.gif

I am glad you said "I should imagine" otherwise we could have devoted a whole topic in how you knew laugh.gif laugh.gif

At least it would have livened up the boards tongue.gif
Biker1
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 22 2009, 07:50 PM) *
I am glad you said "I should imagine" otherwise we could have devoted a whole topic in how you knew laugh.gif laugh.gif

At least it would have livened up the boards tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Bill1

AGREED 100%.

I CALL IT CHAMMING AND FIND IT ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

ALSO WHEN THEY THEN START TRYING TO TALK AS WELL angry.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 22 2009, 08:24 PM) *
AGREED 100%.

I CALL IT CHAMMING AND FIND IT ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

ALSO WHEN THEY THEN START TRYING TO TALK AS WELL angry.gif

I also agree; they make so much noise... I also hate gum.
JMH

Yeah! Me too! The amount of times I have said to my kids "Close your mouth while you are eating!" laugh.gif

Oh, and people who breathe really loudly in my Pilates class!
Branston Pickle
The awful whine made by those blasted 50cc mopeds and motorbikes. GRRRRR!
GMR
QUOTE (Branston Pickle @ Jul 23 2009, 01:20 PM) *
The awful whine made by those blasted 50cc mopeds and motorbikes. GRRRRR!

Cars revving their engines and speeding early hours of the morning.
Biker1
People who talk loudly on mobiles - especially on trains - and then in the quiet carriage!! angry.gif
Iommi
"Time, ladies and gentlemen!"
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 23 2009, 10:58 PM) *
"Time, ladies and gentlemen!"

If they say "ladies and gentlemen" in the pubs you go into then you must go to some posh pubs. I only know the ones that say "Time, now **** off out of here". And that is when they are being polite laugh.gif
Iommi
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 23 2009, 11:02 PM) *
If they say "ladies and gentlemen" in the pubs you go into then you must go to some posh pubs. I only know the ones that say "Time, now **** off out of here". And that is when they are being polite laugh.gif

To coin a phrase; they are being ironic! tongue.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 23 2009, 11:05 PM) *
To coin a phrase; they are being ironic! tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bloggo
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 22 2009, 07:43 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Could it mean Chewing your Robin? wink.gif
Instigator
QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 22 2009, 12:31 PM) *
Mika.

Westlife.

Maroon 5.

Celine Dion.

Mariah Carey.

etc. etc.

I'm with Bill on that!! Also, chalk screeching down a chalkboard. uuurgh!
GMR
QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jul 24 2009, 09:17 AM) *
Could it mean Chewing your Robin? wink.gif

I think a lot do wink.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Instigator @ Jul 24 2009, 10:16 AM) *
I'm with Bill on that!! Also, chalk screeching down a chalkboard. uuurgh!

The chalk bit reminds me when I was at school. I hated that as well.
Bloggo
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 24 2009, 10:48 AM) *
I think a lot do wink.gif

That's going to make your eyes water blink.gif
Biker1
GENTLEMEN PLEASE!!! ohmy.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 24 2009, 06:53 PM) *
GENTLEMEN PLEASE!!! ohmy.gif

Could you please expand on that? I can't tell if you are offering or complaining tongue.gif wink.gif
CBW137Y
Car alarms

Amy Winehouse

My alarm clock on a Friday morning

People who don't know how or when to curb their language in public (don't get me wrong, I swear, but not every other effin' word!)

Oh, and Amy Winehouse tongue.gif

p.s. hello biggrin.gif
Bill1
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 24 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Could you please expand on that? I can't tell if you are offering or complaining tongue.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
GMR
QUOTE (CBW137Y @ Jul 24 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Car alarms

Amy Winehouse

My alarm clock on a Friday morning

People who don't know how or when to curb their language in public (don't get me wrong, I swear, but not every other effin' word!)

Oh, and Amy Winehouse tongue.gif

p.s. hello biggrin.gif

Hi and welcome,

Are we talking Amy Winehouse as a person (which I would agree) or as a singer? Some of her songs - going by the few I've heard - are pretty good.
CBW137Y
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 24 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Hi and welcome,

Are we talking Amy Winehouse as a person (which I would agree) or as a singer? Some of her songs - going by the few I've heard - are pretty good.

Hello, and thank you tongue.gif

Erm, both. Yes, agreed, some of her songs are actually quite good, but then re-wind to the 60s and hear someone sing that kinda stuff live, and it knocks her off the perch almost every time.

But hey.....that's just my opinion!! If we all liked the same artists.....the world would be a pretty dully place.

Or an easier one....now there's the dilema!

I'd also like to second the person who mentioned hair dryers on wheels earlier in the thread rolleyes.gif
Biker1
QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 24 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Could you please expand on that? tongue.gif wink.gif

I wish!! biggrin.gif

There are lots of things you can buy nowadays that may help you know! tongue.gif
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 24 2009, 08:55 PM) *
I wish!! biggrin.gif

There are lots of things you can buy nowadays that may help you know! tongue.gif

Yes I know... we've got an Ann Summers shop in Newbury, but it is mainly for women wink.gif

As for wishing; you've heard of the saying "your wish is my comman". wink.gif laugh.gif
GMR
QUOTE (CBW137Y @ Jul 24 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Hello, and thank you tongue.gif

Erm, both. Yes, agreed, some of her songs are actually quite good, but then re-wind to the 60s and hear someone sing that kinda stuff live, and it knocks her off the perch almost every time.

But hey.....that's just my opinion!! If we all liked the same artists.....the world would be a pretty dully place.

Or an easier one....now there's the dilema!

I'd also like to second the person who mentioned hair dryers on wheels earlier in the thread rolleyes.gif

I agree totally; if we all had the same tastes these forums would be dead. wink.gif

Not easier; just dull and black and white tongue.gif
Strafin
QUOTE (CBW137Y @ Jul 24 2009, 08:12 PM) *

Do you swear in public?
CBW137Y
QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 24 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Do you swear in public?

It has been known, yes....BUT....I don't walk down the street using the 'F' word or 'C' word at least three times in any one given sentence. I know when not to, and when it may be acceptable, used in moderation for specific purpose in the appropriate company.

I mean, FFS.....there's a time and a place for everything, but maybe not all the time wink.gif
Branston Pickle
People playing the bagpipes in Northbrook Street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.