Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Police in Thatcham This Lunchtime
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
Blake
There were LOTS of Police in Thatcham Broadway at lunchtime today, far more than you ever see in a whole year.

Anyone know what was going on? I thought a Big Issue chugger was being arrested.

Anyone know the facts?
NWNREADER
QUOTE (Blake @ Feb 16 2012, 02:33 PM) *
There were LOTS of Police in Thatcham Broadway at lunchtime today, far more than you ever see in a whole year.

Anyone know what was going on? I thought a Big Issue chugger was being arrested.

Anyone know the facts?

Yes
Blake
Ok, what were they?
NWNREADER
I'm not the one who knows.
desres123
Maybe they were looking for xjay
xjay1337
Ohh, 19 days on the forum and you have me all figured out.
Nothing Much
Don't be horrid, he can manage a Red Bull, paint his tyres orange, and count HGVs passing the window.
All in the space that one could ..... I am lost for words.
ce
GrumblingAgain

Anyone know the facts?

They often do some kind of training in Thatcham Broadway. Usually they put up a couple of signs saying something like "Police Training Operation in Progress" or something like that. They often place one of the signs by the entrance to the Waitrose shop. Last year I saw these operations about 5 times - the first time it does seem odd seeing about 20 of these offices milling around!
Strafin

Anyone know the facts?

Doughnuts on sale?
NWNREADER
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 16 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Doughnuts on sale?

Doubt it.

Now if it had been free doughnuts.......
xjay1337
Nah, they would have been expensed if it was a training exercise.
xjay1337
NWNREADER
QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Feb 16 2012, 06:56 PM) *

I believe that is no longer the case....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.