Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halal, why should we put up with this?
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
On the edge
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 2 2018, 02:37 PM) *
Had we adopted the EU directive on animal welfare we would be at the mercy of those who chose to follow their own agenda, (more bad than good), with little chance of changing it. By having our own parliament bring in legislation we have a chance of getting it right.
Remember the EU views it ok to throw donkeys off the church steeple as the local nuns wave their religious book.

I agree badger culling is abhorrent and eventually they will have to adopt a vaccination programme, ( cost issue again ). The evidence is now in front of them that the cull did not work but bovine tuberculosis is something we can not turn our back on in the hope that it will go away.

There isn't any edict in ANY religion calling for donkeys to be thrown from a roof. Purely 'Spanish practices'. We ought to be limiting immigration from Spain and imposing a boycott. Stop eating their vile out of season tomatoes or banking with averious outfits like Santandair.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 2 2018, 03:24 PM) *
There isn't any edict in ANY religion calling for donkeys to be thrown from a roof. Purely 'Spanish practices'. We ought to be limiting immigration from Spain and imposing a boycott. Stop eating their vile out of season tomatoes or banking with averious outfits like Santandair.

Guess they do it because they can, not because their particular god says they have to. It is on a par with an extreme islamist blowing up women and children, their chosen one is not around to say "you shouldn't do that" so they deem it ok to go ahead.

I agree with submitting my protest via the wallet but that is not going to prevent it happening.
Turin Machine
QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 2 2018, 03:24 PM) *

But, the point your circumventing is that EU law is failing to stop the practice so either it's not fit for purpose or, more likely it's just Britain where EU laws are enforced, not Spain.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 2 2018, 06:07 PM) *
But, the point your circumventing is that EU law is failing to stop the practice so either it's not fit for purpose or, more likely it's just Britain where EU laws are enforced, not Spain.

Maybe we should throw a few remoners off the steeple while Jeremy Corbyn sits on a hypothetical fence trying to decide if they are sentient beings. No law against it as far as I can see apart from contravening the Environmental Protection Act 1990, but we can argue that it our cultural right as defined under the treaty of rome and so be it. cool.gif
On the edge
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 2 2018, 06:07 PM) *

As ever; we always implemented and enforced EU law; whilst the rest if the community laughed its head off!
Biker1
QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 2 2018, 05:24 PM) *

Do you know what OTE you are right!!
I am currently with Santander and have been considering changing for some time.
Your comments have finally nudged me into taking action!!
TSB here I come!! smile.gif
x2lls
Back on topic again, well, same knife, different target.
Posted Yesterday by @SurreyPolice for Today.

Tomorrow is International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM. FGM is hugely under-reported and children are often fearful to report a crime committed by their family or community. Find your voice, let girls be girls and help fight against FGM

Surrey Police‏Verified account @SurreyPolice

We're saddened that a few people have taken this post as an opportunity to respond by posting Islamaphobic abuse. Please be aware that such responses are being reported to Twitter and will be passed onto our intelligence teams.

If you follow the tweets, you will see an overwhelming distrust of those in authority doing nothing.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (x2lls @ Feb 6 2018, 08:21 PM) *
Back on topic again, well, same knife, different target.
Posted Yesterday by @SurreyPolice for Today.

Tomorrow is International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM. FGM is hugely under-reported and children are often fearful to report a crime committed by their family or community. Find your voice, let girls be girls and help fight against FGM

Surrey Police‏Verified account @SurreyPolice

We're saddened that a few people have taken this post as an opportunity to respond by posting Islamaphobic abuse. Please be aware that such responses are being reported to Twitter and will be passed onto our intelligence teams.

If you follow the tweets, you will see an overwhelming distrust of those in authority doing nothing.

The mere thought of FGM is abhorrent. The fact that mothers/aunts are taking their charges on"holiday" in order to have this barbarism performed for no other reason than it is written in some medieval script is bad enough, but to then accuse those who express disgust as islamophobic does little to forward integration.
Like the lamb in the slaughterhouse the indignant view of the majority is meaningless to those who are suffering.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 6 2018, 09:30 PM) *
The mere thought of FGM is abhorrent. The fact that mothers/aunts are taking their charges on"holiday" in order to have this barbarism performed for no other reason than it is written in some medieval script is bad enough, but to then accuse those who express disgust as islamophobic does little to forward integration.
Like the lamb in the slaughterhouse the indignant view of the majority is meaningless to those who are suffering.

I dont believe in a higher being so Islam has no meaning to me or indeed Christianity or any other fairy in the sky. Does that mean it is Islamophobic to criticise practioners of FGM or indeed Christianophobic to criticise paedophile priests? Oh... Its ok to criticise paedophile priests and quite right too. I'd personally see something nasty to happen to them. Just treat all crimes as that.... Crimes. No good comes out of letting minorities or smaller religious groups off. It just emboldens them. A crime is a crime is a crime. White, Black, or Brown.
Strafin
It is islamaphobic to criticise Muslims over FGM becaise it's not a Muslim problem. It's practised by plenty of backwards people who all believe in different made up deities.
x2lls
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 12:16 AM) *
It is islamaphobic to criticise Muslims over FGM becaise it's not a Muslim problem. It's practised by plenty of backwards people who all believe in different made up deities.

FGM has been illegal in this country for a long time, yet the quota of convictions against the estimated number of victims is very low. The law is the law regardless of which fairy or not you believe in.
TallDarkAndHandsome

You are part of the problem. People associate Islam with it because its is predominantly practiced by Muslims.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_v...ital_mutilation

But you cant criticise Muslims because it "does not compute".
I work with a black South African girl and she said that life was better under De Klerk back home because although it was apartheid and he was a corrupt, he did leave the black population with enough to get by, it pales into insignificance with the current regime who are completley corrupt and have left the black population with absolutely nothing. If a white person said that we would be strung up. But hey keep that head in the sand.👍
Strafin
"There is a widespread view among practitioners of female genital muatilation (FGM) that it is a religious requirement, although there is no unequivocal link between the practice and religion"

The first line of the link you've posted suggests otherwise. Also I didn't say Muslims don't do it, I said it is not exclusively Muslim. Perhaps if your inbred boss eyes weren't swivelling around so much you would read and comprehend a little better. Honestly I met you once and thought you were alright, what happened?
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 07:09 AM) *
"There is a widespread view among practitioners of female genital muatilation (FGM) that it is a religious requirement, although there is no unequivocal link between the practice and religion"

The first line of the link you've posted suggests otherwise. Also I didn't say Muslims don't do it, I said it is not exclusively Muslim. Perhaps if your inbred boss eyes weren't swivelling around so much you would read and comprehend a little better. Honestly I met you once and thought you were alright, what happened?

I very much doubt you have ever met me or indeed have a clue who I am!😂
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 07:18 AM) *
I very much doubt you have ever met me or indeed have a clue who I am!��

I thought you were at the meet up we had some years ago at the hogshead? Could be wrong but it's not important. In fact it's better because you're a horrible person. And the person I met there seemed ok.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 07:42 AM) *
I thought you were at the meet up we had some years ago at the hogshead? Could be wrong but it's not important. In fact it's better because you're a horrible person. And theboerson I met there seemed ok.

Dear god. How old are you? 3? I'm "hoirible" because my views differ?😂
Andy Capp
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 07:46 AM) *
Dear god. How old are you? 3? I'm "hoirible" because my views differ?😂

I don’t think you are a horrible person as I don’t know who you are, but some of your views are ugly and rely on anecdotal evidence, which is a weak form of proof.
Strafin
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 07:46 AM) *
Dear god. How old are you? 3? I'm "hoirible" because my views differ?��

No I think youre horrible because of the language you use, because of the way you present your arguments and belittle anyone who has different views to you. I can tell from the words use and the your opinions that you're older, probably in your sixties and definetly male. That doest matter so much but you build a picture and I bet I'm not far off. So I don't know you personally but based on what you put here I don't think much of you. I disagree with plenty on here and it's not a problem.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 08:19 AM) *
No I think youre horrible because of the language you use, because of the way you present your arguments and belittle anyone who has different views to you. I can tell from the words use and the your opinions that you're older, probably in your sixties and definetly male. That doest matter so much but you build a picture and I bet I'm not far off. So I don't know you personally but based on what you put here I don't think much of you. I disagree with plenty on here and it's not a problem.

Another valid argument for euthanasia of the over 60s. wink.gif Must admit I am at odds with anyone who attacks an individual because of their age, political leaning, colour, religion, football team, dog etc, yet have trouble arguing their position from an intellectual base.

Please leave personal comments to those who know no better.
je suis Charlie

But, whilst there is nothing in the quran that makes it a requirement under Islam, indeed some scholars proclaim it as unIslamic it is practiced predominantly within Muslim societies, and worldwide is only practiced within or adjacent to Muslim communities. So easy mistake to make.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2018, 11:29 AM) *
But, whilst there is nothing in the quran that makes it a requirement under Islam, indeed some scholars proclaim it as unIslamic it is practiced predominantly within Muslim societies, and worldwide is only practiced within or adjacent to Muslim communities. So easy mistake to make.

There is a wider issue here in as much as the islamic doctrine goes out of the way to demean women, from arranged marriage to making them walk 2 steps behind their male family, from covering them completely in clothes to inflicting the topic subject in order to suppress their sexuality. Yes it occurs in non muslim communities but the process is concentrated in N.Africa and the Middle East. Even the Jews chop a chunk off their young boys because of some tooth fairy teaching.

Strafin
Stone me. Not literally, but it looks like we have some common ground.
SirWilliam
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 01:00 PM) *
Stone me. Not literally, but it looks like we have some common ground.

I think it safe to assume we are all in agreement that cruelty, however supposedly justified, in all it's forms is never acceptable, and only standing as one on the issue will the agenda get forwarded.
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 6 2018, 10:34 PM) *
I dont believe in a higher being so Islam has no meaning to me or indeed Christianity or any other fairy in the sky. Does that mean it is Islamophobic to criticise practioners of FGM or indeed Christianophobic to criticise paedophile priests? Oh... Its ok to criticise paedophile priests and quite right too. I'd personally see something nasty to happen to them. Just treat all crimes as that.... Crimes. No good comes out of letting minorities or smaller religious groups off. It just emboldens them. A crime is a crime is a crime. White, Black, or Brown.

Quite so. Just as much as we still listen to pop music, watch Hollywood films inspite of the abhorrent practices of a few of the senior practitioners. Nonetheless, social behaviour dictates that the current hate goat gets the blame, i.e. Back in the day influential communist agents were the big bogie, Blunt, Philby, etc, yet dear Mrs T. banned trades unions rather than Cambridge graduates, a common thread with them.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 7 2018, 08:10 AM) *
I don’t think you are a horrible person as I don’t know who you are, but some of your views are ugly and rely on anecdotal evidence, which is a weak form of proof.

Whether you feel they are ugly or not I presume you would agree that anyone has the right to express such a view as long as they are not breaking any laws. I do think these safe spaces and the like at uni are a disaster. How can you learn to debate and disagree, key in business if you stop people you disagree with from expressing said view.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 08:19 AM) *

You are quite wrong but hey you can think what you like. Its called a forum. And by the way you think I am horrible. Im fine with that. I think you are probably male, in your early 20s and still living with Mummy and Daddy. But then I'm probably wrong as well.👍😂
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 08:22 PM) *
You are quite wrong but hey you can think what you like. Its called a forum. And by the way you think I am horrible. Im fine with that. I think you are probably male, in your early 20s and still living with Mummy and Daddy. But then I'm probably wrong as well.👍😂

Don't forget, we all live on planet snowflake now dry.gif
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2018, 09:10 PM) *

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocs5O2Gu7BU

😂
Strafin
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2018, 09:10 PM) *

Nah just the generation we have now have seen what dickks the previous generation has been. We're not putting up with it anymore. Baby boomers I'm referring to mainly.
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 09:22 PM) *
Nah just the generation we have now have seen what dickks the previous generation has been. We're not putting up with it anymore. Baby boomers I'm referring to mainly.

Just as the next generation will look at you and think, "who is this enormous bell end?"
TallDarkAndHandsome

Lets hope the old timers leave all hard earned money to charity and not snowflake kids.😂👍

je suis Charlie
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 09:17 PM) *

Hilarious and sad in equal measure.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2018, 09:28 PM) *
Hilarious and sad in equal measure.

Unemployable.
je suis Charlie
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/blind-man-sc...-horse-11239836

And the best part is, if it doesn't work out he can always hang it upside down and slash it's throat. Win win.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2018, 09:34 PM) *
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/blind-man-sc...-horse-11239836

And the best part is, if it doesn't work out he can always hang it upside down and slash it's throat. Win win.

Surely this is animal cruelty? Its a bl00dy 🐎. Can't see it living a happy life without green fields and somewhere to run.😞

I'm no fan of dogs either but I cant see a labrador ripping my throat out.
je suis Charlie

Like this shining example?
https://youtu.be/cmkn_1TchFQ
je suis Charlie
Jeremy Corbyn's dream child:
https://youtu.be/hQoVBVPetrc
je suis Charlie
Your beard is the wrong length, unbeliever!
QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 7 2018, 01:00 PM) *
Stone me.

Allah be praised!
On the edge
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 08:18 PM) *
Whether you feel they are ugly or not I presume you would agree that anyone has the right to express such a view as long as they are not breaking any laws. I do think these safe spaces and the like at uni are a disaster. How can you learn to debate and disagree, key in business if you stop people you disagree with from expressing said view.

That's a fascinating response!
On the edge

Yes, certainly in academic circles that's now an accepted reality; truly the years the locusts have eaten.
Biker1
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 10:22 PM) *
You are quite wrong but hey you can think what you like. Its called a forum. And by the way you think I am horrible. Im fine with that. I think you are probably male, in your early 20s and still living with Mummy and Daddy. But then I'm probably wrong as well.����

Well, yes................you're both wrong!! wink.gif wink.gif
Andy Capp
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2018, 08:18 PM) *

Completely agree; I am cynical of PCism, but I draw the line at bullying, which is were a lot of misguided views lead to.

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing.
Strafin
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Feb 8 2018, 08:40 AM) *
Well, yes................you're both wrong!! wink.gif wink.gif

****! Oh well at least someone believed I was youthful. Even if it was for entirely the wrong reasons.
Turin Machine
Another shining beacon of yoof culture:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018...er-video-google
je suis Charlie
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 9 2018, 04:12 PM) *

That's what I'm talking about! laugh.gif
x2lls
I wonder if it stretches to Halal or Kosher?

Click to view attachment

Oh look, not one mention of either. We can't lose voters can we?

https://labour.org.uk/issues/animal-welfare-plan/
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (x2lls @ Feb 14 2018, 11:38 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Makes you ill. The virtue signalling. White rich man bad. Brown man good. Imagine the outrage if it had been a picture of animals getting slaughtered without being stunned. Not outrage about the animals. Just outrage that they dare crititicise a practice perceived to be carried out by a certain religion.
Andy Capp
QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 15 2018, 07:23 AM) *
Makes you ill. The virtue signalling. White rich man bad. Brown man good. Imagine the outrage if it had been a picture of animals getting slaughtered without being stunned. Not outrage about the animals. Just outrage that they dare crititicise a practice perceived to be carried out by a certain religion.

Cobblers
SirWilliam
QUOTE (x2lls @ Feb 14 2018, 11:38 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Having trawled through the large print I have asked for clarification on the slaughter issue. Having a camera in the corner may stop a bit of the thuggery that is occuring, ( what price the thing is "broken" on inspection day ), but if the animal is still being skinned alive it is pointless . Will be interesting to see how this pans out in the wider debate.
TallDarkAndHandsome
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 15 2018, 09:03 AM) *
Cobblers

Because labour don't do virtue signalling?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43031441

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.