Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arlington Arts Centre
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Newbury News
GMR
I was at the Arlington Arts Centre last night and saw the Blues Band (with Paul Jones & Tom McGuiness.... both formerly from Manfred Mann). A brilliant night. I also noticed that PP Arnold will be playing there on the 25 June (she had a hit in the 60s with Cat Stevens' "First Cut is the Deepest"). I might go to that.

Now; my point here is that I didn't know the Arlington Centre had such high profile artists. I only found out about it through a friend who lives in Bristol and got me the tickets. In fact I didn't even know Arlington Centre existed (I know, I should pay more attention what is going on in Newbury). The trouble is I probably saw the name but didn't associate it with anything and therefore dismissed it in my mind. But I won't do that again.

Anybody else go or has been in the past?
Andy Capp
I have heard of it, but have not been. It is a bit off the beaten track without a lift.
GMR
QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 11 2011, 10:07 AM) *
I have heard of it, but have not been. It is a bit off the beaten track without a lift.

It is where Mary Hare Grammar school is, but I agree that you need a car to get there.
Biker1
QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 11 2011, 10:02 AM) *
I was at the Arlington Arts Centre last night and saw the Blues Band (with Paul Jones & Tom McGuiness.... both formerly from Manfred Mann). A brilliant night. I also noticed that PP Arnold will be playing there on the 25 June (she had a hit in the 60s with Cat Stevens' "First Cut is the Deepest"). I might go to that.

Now; my point here is that I didn't know the Arlington Centre had such high profile artists. I only found out about it through a friend who lives in Bristol and got me the tickets. In fact I didn't even know Arlington Centre existed (I know, I should pay more attention what is going on in Newbury). The trouble is I probably saw the name but didn't associate it with anything and therefore dismissed it in my mind. But I won't do that again.

Anybody else go or has been in the past?

D amn! Missed it!
The Blues Band are brilliant but I didn't realise they were on.
I am as you above - unaware that they hosted such talent or that they were playing.
GMR
QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jun 11 2011, 10:46 AM) *
D amn! Missed it!
The Blues Band are brilliant but I didn't realise they were on.
I am as you above - unaware that they hosted such talent or that they were playing.

I won't make that mistake again.

The friend I went with last night emailed me to say that Alice Cooper is playing in Bristol in October so he is going to try to get some tickets.
gel
QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 11 2011, 10:58 AM) *
I won't make that mistake again.

The friend I went with last night emailed me to say that Alice Cooper is playing in Bristol in October so he is going to try to get some tickets.

See
http://www.arlingtonarts.co.uk/whatson/index.php

wink.gif
GMR
QUOTE (gel @ Jun 12 2011, 03:30 PM) *

Thanks for that: I've just put that in my favourites.
Jobet
I have been a couple of times and was very pleased with both visit. The setting is ideal and the chance to see some of the very best artists makes a nice change for the locality.
GMR
I've just ordered my tickets to see PP Arnold at the Arlington Arts Centre on the 25th of this month. She had hits like "First Cut is the Deepest" which was written by Cat Stevens and "Angel of the Morning" (written by Chip Taylor). She first came to prominence when touring with the Stones in the 60s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.