Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hypnotist
Newbury Today Forum > Categories > Random Rants
Nelly
Can anyone recommend a hypnotist in the Newbury area to help with giving up smoking??
Biker1
QUOTE (Nelly @ Dec 16 2010, 08:26 PM) *
Can anyone recommend a hypnotist in the Newbury area to help with giving up smoking??

They are all VERY expensive.

Have you tried the NHS
massifheed
QUOTE (Nelly @ Dec 16 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Could try these people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ZWAQnCZ-s

Biker1
QUOTE (massifheed @ Dec 17 2010, 10:58 AM) *

The op specified a hypnotist - not an evil hypnotist! laugh.gif
JeffG
Have you tried the usual route through your GP? After patches failed for me (I had an allergic skin reaction), I was prescribed a course of Champix*. Not smoked for 16 months now, but now get through loads of extra-strong mints!

* Bit concerned they include links to sites where you can buy online. Buying drugs online is a mug's game.
Berkshirelad
There was a guy in Cheap Street - above the charity shop, who worked Saturdays.

He was good, but charged £60/session
Biker1
QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Dec 17 2010, 04:37 PM) *
There was a guy in Cheap Street - above the charity shop, who worked Saturdays.

He was good, but charged £60/session

He's moved here now.
Nelly
QUOTE (massifheed @ Dec 17 2010, 09:58 AM) *

Love it was expecting someone to say look into my eyes,not around the eyes! Thanks for the suggestions just looking into the options at the mo, a friend tried Champix and was as sick as a dog - but everyones different!
Strafin
Stop buying cigarettes, stop putting them in your mouth and lighting them. If you can't put up with a couple of weeks of discomfort then you are probably not ready to give up.
JeffG
QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 17 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Stop buying cigarettes, stop putting them in your mouth and lighting them

I'm guessing you're not an (ex) smoker?

Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin.
blackdog
QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 17 2010, 08:21 PM) *
I'm guessing you're not an (ex) smoker?

Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin.

I am an ex-smoker - I gave up by not smoking. Tried nicorette gum for a day or so - then realised that I would still be addicted to nicotine even if I wasn't smoking, and the gum was disgusting. Settled for normal chewing gum and will power - I haven't smoked for 14 years. Mind you, I did share an office with a fairly heavy smoker - so probably got something from the passive smoking.

It is possible to simply stop.
Strafin
Well done Blackdog. And yes I am an ex smoker. I used to get fed up with people telling me to just stop. I realise now that they were right, it is the only way. Most of my friends (who smoked) have done the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.