IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do Armchair Anarchists think Raoul Moat is now a cult hero?
Bloggo
post Jul 19 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 19 2010, 03:24 PM) *
News of the World.

I can't be bothered to explain it - it was pretty clear to start with.

OK, suits me.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 19 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jul 19 2010, 03:09 PM) *
Yes, It was different then as we were probably less well informed and I don't recall the same incidence of knife and gun crime. Also crimes against children were rarer. Maybe it was the same but we just did not hear about it. How about "ill informed" or "misled"?

The word would need to mean 'unknown to you' - which is what ignorant means. Your suggestions mean to be told something inaccurate, which isn't the same thing. Ignorant doesn't have to be a pejorative term. People misuse the word to mean incapable of learning, which as far as I know, is not the case.

It is probably no advisable to single out a specific group of gang memebers here as someone will, no doubt, take exception. But I understand your view.

The ethnicity is simply for this example. The example was in this case about a black gang. It could easily be any other group of people.

Well again I understand what you are saying but I do stand by my original statement regarding the neccessity for the reinstatement of Capital punishment.

I'm simply saying, the vulnerable will be hit hardest, yet they might not be the ones that need dealing with.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jul 19 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 19 2010, 04:00 PM) *
The word would need to mean 'unknown to you' - which is what ignorant means. Your suggestions mean to be told something inaccurate, which isn't the same thing. Ignorant doesn't have to be pejorative term. People misuse the word to mean incapable of learning, which as far as I know, is not the case.

The ethnicity is simply for this example. The example was in this case about a black gang. It could easily be any other group of people.

I'm simply saying, the vulnerable will be hit hardest, yet they might not be the ones that need dealing with.

OK. Well I guess we have ground that as fine as possible.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 11:53 PM