Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Security firm story.
Guest_Bill1_*
post Feb 6 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Guests

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=12351

Just rang me.

I confirmed that I was the house owner and am under 80 as requested.

He then asked me to "confirm" my postcode, I said "what do you think my postcode is?", a few moments silence then "RG14", I said "RG14 what?" another silence so I told him that I'd read the above story and was now going to hang up. "Er, oh, alright then"

Down went the phone!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Feb 6 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Did you phone the police? You could argue their aggressive approach is harassment. According to the story people were harassed.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Feb 6 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

"HAVE you had a salesperson visit following such a call? Call chief reporter John Garvey in confidence on (01635) 564 528 or email john.garvey@newburynews.co.uk
Or have a moan on our forum by clicking on the Forum link on the left." laugh.gif

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Feb 6 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

Had a call from them a few months ago.

The 'deal' was offered as 'our installation team is in the area' - plenty of pressure to sign up immediately so the engineer could be with me in a couple of hours.

The offer was a monitored fire/burglar alarm at a huge discount and free installation. Normal price £999 get it now for £299.

Seemed interesting so I agreed their saleman could call.

While he was with me I checked their website - sure enough £999. I then checked other providers - typical price £300.

I also checked the cost they were charging for monitoring - their weekly charge equated to other companys' monthly charge.

The salesman got quieter and quieter, in the end he couldn't escape quickly enough.

I then called TVP and had a chat with their crime prevention officer ...

+Quote Post
Roost
post Feb 6 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (GMR @ Feb 6 2010, 10:47 AM) *
Did you phone the police? You could argue their aggressive approach is harassment. According to the story people were harassed.

Nice suggestion and would be an appropriate response but having done a little research I don't think it would classify as harassment cos apparently they ( the company) would have to pursue a course of conduct (on two or more occasions) which they know or ought to know would amount to harassment of another. I say apparently as I'm no expert so please feel free to correct me!

I've always felt that telling them that you're a career burglar and would love to have a chat with them about their security systems would go down well.....!

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Feb 6 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

Had a phone call some time last year and the chap told me they were looking for some homes in my area in which they wanted to install, free of charge, a burglar alarm system. He sounded really miffed when I told him that I wasn't interested in his kind offer and he demanded an explanation. I told him that in my expererience if something sounded too good to be true, then it was - and terminated the call.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:03 AM