Sarah
post Aug 28 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #181

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 28 2009, 01:59 PM) *
I think they are one & the same person.

I think maybe you have misunderstood my post, I was pointing out that GMR was accusing Ossy and Anon of doing what he was doing (in my opinion).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 28 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 28 2009, 02:03 PM) *
I think maybe you have misunderstood my post, I was pointing out that GMR was accusing Ossy and Anon of doing what he was doing (in my opinion).

yes - he can't halp it because they are the same person! [ GMR & Anon ]

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 28 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Look at the mess round here! I hope someone's going to tidy all this up before Mum and Dad gets home!

+Quote Post
user23
post Aug 28 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #184

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 12:31 PM) *
And they think highly of you my friend? Don't forget you've upset a lot of people on all the forums you've been on.
If a lot people are upset with views on certain things they don't agree with on a public chat board perhaps they are in the wrong place. I'm not sure how you are qualified to speak on their behalf though or indeed if what you say is true, I suspect not.

All I'm saying is, and I do it to try and help you stop, you are very publicly making a fool of yourself in a lot of people's eyes. You've actually blitzed this thread so much in some places you've posted three replied in a row. If everyone had a post limit per day their words would be worth more.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 29 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #185

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

rolleyes.gif

On a lighter note...............

The Stroud Green Trees have, it seems, been replaced with new trees. I am pretty sure that this had been done by yesterday morning! Quick work, I think you will agree?

At last, some good news that I am hoping there can be no arguments about! wink.gif

I think that we should all pop down to Stroud Green and show a little love and give the trees a big, loving hug.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #186

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 29 2009, 11:43 AM) *
rolleyes.gif

The Stroud Green Trees have, it seems, been replaced with new trees. I am pretty sure that this had been done by yesterday morning! Quick work, I think you will agree?

At last, some good news that I am hoping there can be no arguments about! wink.gif

I think that we should all pop down to Stroud Green and show a little love and give the trees a big, loving hug.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I am pleased that they have replanted the trees.... but they've got to make sure it doesn't happen again. Maybe set up some sort surveillance to catch the culprits or at least deter them. But good news.

Where I live the vandals have tried to pull down the freshly planted trees. Houses overlook the trees but nobody 'sees' anything.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 29 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #187

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 29 2009, 11:50 AM) *
I am pleased that they have replanted the trees.... but they've got to make sure it doesn't happen again. Maybe set up some sort surveillance to catch the culprits or at least deter them. But good news.

Where I live the vandals have tried to pull down the freshly planted trees. Houses overlook the trees but nobody 'sees' anything.

Don't you think you've had enough Glenn? Give it a rest!

There ARE some wonderful things that happen in this world. I think you need to go for a walk in your locallity and make a concerted effort to look for the beauty that surrounds you. Take a little time out of your doom and gloom life and appreciate the amazing things and people that DO surround you every minute of every day. Don't keep looking for the bad after you have found the good.

Remember, for every negative there IS a positive.

Hugs and kisses my DEAR friend and wishing you all that is good. wub.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #188

Advanced Member

Give what a rest? I’ve answered you about the trees and mentioned about where I live and the problems we’ve had with trees.... I am confused... what have I done wrong?

People keep going on about keeping the topic on track and this is exactly what I've been doing; the beginning of this thread Bloggo talks about mindless vandals who have destroyed trees. My post – which you say I should give ‘it arrest' – reflects that. I kept to the topic. So what have I done wrong? We are here to debate and that is exactly what I've been doing.

There ARE some wonderful things that happen in this world. I think you need to go for a walk in your locallity and make a concerted effort to look for the beauty that surrounds you. Take a little time out of your doom and gloom life and appreciate the amazing things and people that DO surround you every minute of every day. Don't keep looking for the bad after you have found the good.

I have no doom and gloom in my life but good. I always look about and see beauty and appreciate it.

I am glad you think so and I hope you concentrate on my positive instead of looking at the negative.

And the same to you my DEAR FRIEND. wink.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 29 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #189

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

For once, I come to Glenn's defence. He didn't deserve that response to his post.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #190

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 29 2009, 01:38 PM) *
For once, I come to Glenn's defence. He didn't deserve that response to his post.

Thank you Jeff for being honest and fair. Maybe there are times where I can be criticised – in fact we all can be at one time or another – but on this case it is totally unfair and out of order.

Below this the original post to this thread.

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Aug 26 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Here we have yet another demonstration of mindless moronic behaviour of the local yob community.
They are either setting light to things, spraying paint on them or destroying them.
When, oh when will someone do something about these d**kheads and give them a sentence that gives them some intense displeasure when and if they are caught.

Below are my comments which Chesapeake took offence to. As you will see it is in line with the original topic. I did do nothing wrong. I did not attack anybody but just made constructive comments in how to deal with this problem.

As far as I was concerned everybody had their say and we should have moved on... I’ve taken onboard everybody’s comment and I accept some of the remarks that were said. I hope now we can let the matter rest and move on.

Regards,

Glenn

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 29 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #191

Advanced Member

Member No.: 265

I note your comments. Just wondering what resources, both monetary and/or manpower would be needed for such an operation to take place? (rhetorical) I expect there would be plenty for people to write about on here and elsewhere if street crime, for example, rose and there were not enough resources to deal with it due to 'tree watching'.

Random patrols (by their very nature unpredictable), community liason by Police and other agencies and the community making an effort to improve their areas by getting involved are some of the best ways to stop this kind of thing and cases of community action doing just this are well documented.

I think it is a shame that you experience an 'I didn't see anything' attitude in your and many other communities.

As an addition, I didn't read ches's post as her taking offence,nor that she has an ulterior motive, but that's the problem with forums, posts can be read with the wrong intonation. wink.gif

Anyway, like you said, let's let the matter rest rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #192

Advanced Member

I note your comments. Just wondering what resources, both monetary and/or manpower would be needed for such an operation to take place? (rhetorical) I expect there would be plenty for people to write about on here and elsewhere if street crime, for example, rose and there were not enough resources to deal with it due to 'tree watching'.

I accept what you say, however, you also must accept that if we don’t do anything then those kids – whoever caused the trouble – will grow in strength. Basically what you are saying is that you’ve got other more important issues and there is nothing much you can do about it, other than observe where you can.

Random patrols (by their very nature unpredictable), community liason by Police and other agencies and the community making an effort to improve their areas by getting involved are some of the best ways to stop this kind of thing and cases of community action doing just this are well documented.

Again I accept what you say; however, random patrols didn’t stop this latest vandalism.

I think it is a shame that you experience an 'I didn't see anything' attitude in your and many other communities.

I agree. But me personally I’ve reported everything I’ve seen.

As an addition, I didn't read ches's post as her taking offence, but that's the problem with forums, posts can be read with the wrong intonation.

She said “Don't you think you've had enough Glenn? Give it a rest!”. Give what a rest? You didn’t see it that way, Jeff and I did. Maybe you could tell me how you interpreted it.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 29 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #193

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 29 2009, 03:43 PM) *
She said “Don't you think you've had enough Glenn? Give it a rest!”. Give what a rest? You didn’t see it that way, Jeff and I did. Maybe you could tell me how you interpreted it.

Perhaps Anon2 you won't tell GMR how you interpreted it and we might all therefore be able to focus on the topic instead...please!!!

This type of vulgar vandalism is regrettably a feature of British society. Fortunately, this is the actions of barely a handful of people. I'm sure there are better uses for police money than a row of small trees...sadly. Perhaps not planting anything would be a better idea, either that or exploding trees! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #194

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 29 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Perhaps Anon2 you won't tell GMR how you interpreted it and we might all therefore be able to focus on the topic instead...please!!!

Why? He said he interpreted it differently and I just wished to know how he interpreted it. What is wrong with that?

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 29 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #195

Advanced Member

[quote name='GMR' date='Aug 29 2009, 03:43 PM' post='7346']
I accept what you say, however, you also must accept that if we don’t do anything then those kids – whoever caused the trouble – will grow in strength. Basically what you are saying is that we’ve got other more important issues and there is nothing much you can do about it, other than observe where you can.

I didn't say for us not to do anything. The people committing this kind of crime are very much a minority and they can be beaten by positive community action. There are other issues to deal with, which is exactly my point re resources and community action etc

Again I accept what you say; however, random patrols didn’t stop this latest vandalism.

You cannot have 100% security all the time, impossible. Are you aware of the geographical area to be covered by the Police/PCSO'S? Most people would be horrified to hear of that area and then hear the amount of resources generally available to cover it. No-one can be everywhere, no matter how much we would like to

I agree. But me personally I’ve reported everything I’ve seen.

Good for you, but obviously more is needed from others. An example of how community action does work - A while back there was an issue which was dealt with regarding drug dealing from a house in a local estate (which will remain nameless). The initial caller was spoken to and the Officer involved told that there were other people in the area who would also give evidence re the property. A meeting in the caller's house was attended and statements were taken from three separate individuals, then presented to the Magistrate's who consequently issued a search warrant for the address. The warrant was executed soon after with many of the resources available to TVP at the time and the offender arrested (I will leave the rest of the investigation there, but suffice to say that a conviction was successfully brought). And, guess what? The dealing has not returned and the area is now much more peaceful - Community spirit in action. This happens more often than you think but, as illustrated, it needs more than one in some cases

I think she was mentioning the negative in the post, it is a free world after all wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

I wish you would use quotes as it confuses people.

I didn't say for us not to do anything. The people committing this kind of crime are very much a minority and they can be beaten by positive community action. There are other issues to deal with, which is exactly my point re resources and community action etc

Again I agree with you; the trouble is most ‘community’s’ don’t get involved and, I suppose, things will stay the same.

Good for you, but obviously more is needed from others. An example of how community action does work - A while back there was an issue which was dealt with regarding drug dealing from a house in a local estate (which will remain nameless). The initial caller was spoken to and the Officer involved told that there were other people in the area who would also give evidence re the property. A meeting in the caller's house was attended and statements were taken from three separate individuals, then presented to the Magistrate's who consequently issued a search warrant for the address. The warrant was executed soon after with many of the resources available to TVP at the time and the offender arrested (I will leave the rest of the investigation there, but suffice to say that a conviction was successfully brought). And, guess what? The dealing has not returned and the area is now much more peaceful - Community spirit in action. This happens more often than you think but, as illustrated, it needs more than one in some cases.

Nice to hear some good news. I do know it happens as I do get to hear it... at least in our area.

I think she was mentioning the negative in the post, it is a free world after all

So she is against the ‘negative’ posts then? So, I presume , she was referring to everybody instead of just me. Please to hear it.

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 29 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #197

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 29 2009, 04:12 PM) *
I wish you would use quotes as it confuses people.

I did use the quotes but they didn't work (IT, WHO NEEDS IT!!) when I posted, so I edited to put my replies in bold

Again I agree with you; the trouble is most ‘community’s’ don’t get involved and, I suppose, things will stay the same.

We will keep trying though, through adversity and sometimes community apathy

Nice to hear some good news. I do know it happens as I do get to hear it... at least in our area.

So she is against the ‘negative’ posts then? So, I presume , she was referring to everybody instead of just me. Please to hear it.

I think what she said should now be left alone really, points of view will always be different, we all know that wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #198

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Aug 29 2009, 04:17 PM) *
[/b]

I won't argue with you. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 29 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 29 2009, 04:21 PM) *
I won't argue with you. wink.gif

Good to hear laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 30 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #200

Advanced Member

I really thought that this would bring everything on to a more even keel and make people do a nice "ahhhhhh" not a horrible "ahhhhh" but, it obviously did not turn out that way. I did not log in again until yesterday and wanted to say something then but I got busy with my family. So here is my response.....

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 29 2009, 11:43 AM) *
rolleyes.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I felt, wrongly or rightly, Glen that you were not letting the whole thing drop and were still 'harping on' about how things were bad for YOU. Your first sentence also reminded me of my Mother-in-Law who can never say a completely positive comment i.e. when I have slaved away over a meal for her visit or bought something new she will always say "Yes, it's very nice but.................". When I said "Don't you think you've had enough Glenn?" I meant because of the vehement opposition that you were seeming to have from everybody about your views on this particular subject, in other words "Do you really want more?". I do however think that I could have chosen better wording when I said "Give it a rest". Maybe it was the thought of my Mother-in-Law that made me lose concentration! She always has to have the last word as well!

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 29 2009, 12:10 PM) *

The rest of the post was meant to come across in a non-condescending way but it obviously didn't. It REALLY was meant with the best of thoughts in my heart and I really DID mean "DEAR" in a non-sarcastic way.

Anyway, because of all this and other things that have happened on this forum, that have made very uncomfortable reading, such as the treatment that Bill1 received, I don't want to be part of it any more. I used to enjoy reading the debates on here. They sometimes got a little heated but not malicious and they often made me laugh and I thoroughly enjoyed the very clever, very often witty replies. I wanted to be a part of that. I do not want to be a part of the way this forum has been lately.

Peoples professions have been questioned and slated (council-worker, policeman/woman, traffic wardens) and they have been attacked on a personal level. Then if someone looks as if they are trying to defend themselves and their jobs, a large number of you dive in like a pack of wolves diving in for the kill with vindictive and venomous comments. Not nice, not clever and not an acceptable way for intelligent adults to behave.

Anyway the trees have been replaced and that IS a good thing. Whether you all want to be doom and gloom as to whether they will last or not was not my point. They have been replaced. smile.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 01:29 PM