> Stroud Green Trees, morons
user23
post Aug 28 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Aug 27 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Also, your requests for my details now seem to have escalated to demands.....I am not on here in an official capacity only that of an experienced and informed professional who happens to be able to put a counter argument forward
As you suggest, no one here is writing in any sort of official capacity and as far as I'm aware no one in any public office or working for any company actually puts any stock into what is said on boards such as these, any more than tittle tattle they might overhear on the street. If he has any complaints about the Police or any other public or private organisation he should take them up through the appropriate channels.

Having said that there seems to be an increasing amount of sensible and well thought out viewpoints on this board that I enjoy reading.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 28 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 28 2009, 08:19 AM) *
Spot on. We can actually start by sticking two fingers up at the media hype and the trendy Wendies who cause so much grief at demonstrations. For instance, the amount of stick the Police got in London when they tried to keep order - yes, educated or not the demonstrators were acting worse than football hooligans or young yobbos damaging trees. Lets actually support the Police doing this - which is really what we are asking for here. Oh yes, I know some 'dear old chap' died who we'd see as an old drunk littering the streets in Newbury. Or of course, the pregnant young girl with strong priciples, when really a self opinionated abusive yobbette who thinks screaming at people inches from their face acceptable. As GMT says about stats, so applies to photography. Any idiot can make pictures look how they want, takes bigger idiots to believe them. Can't have it both ways folks.

Well said mate. There is a lot of truth and common sense in your post.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 28 2009, 08:19 AM) *
Spot on. We can actually start by sticking two fingers up at the media hype and the trendy Wendies who cause so much grief at demonstrations. For instance, the amount of stick the Police got in London when they tried to keep order - yes, educated or not the demonstrators were acting worse than football hooligans or young yobbos damaging trees. Lets actually support the Police doing this - which is really what we are asking for here. Oh yes, I know some 'dear old chap' died who we'd see as an old drunk littering the streets in Newbury. Or of course, the pregnant young girl with strong priciples, when really a self opinionated abusive yobbette who thinks screaming at people inches from their face acceptable. As GMT says about stats, so applies to photography. Any idiot can make pictures look how they want, takes bigger idiots to believe them. Can't have it both ways folks.

I agree....

In the case of the pregnant girl should put herself in that position.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 28 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Aug 27 2009, 11:15 PM) *
I did not say that you had lied, want to make that completely clear. Also will not PM you my details, as per my last post

Err, I have never heard the term 'epaulette number' used, that did make me smile, perhaps we can ask Ossy1 if the term 'shoulder number' is used....???? When I started with the Police they used to be called 'collar numbers', harking back to the days when Officers wore high necked tunics and their number was on the collar. This has now changed to 'shoulder number' because, wait for it, they are now worn on the shoulder, on epaulettes (yes I know where epaulettes are worn)....anyway small point but your inference that I said this because I am not a Police Officer is quite frankly absurd. Surely you would have heard the term 'shoulder number' whilst on patrol....... and you have said that the Police you were with were ' very good and professional' but you haven't said what they did to make you think that and under what conditions they did so......

Unfortunately, it seems that the society we now live in has changed its' values since I first joined and that is very noticeable when I am out on the street. This in turn means an eroding of respect for Police and others. All I can say is that I deal with any abuse aimed at me or others robustly.

Sorry GMR I have never heard the term epaulette number???? most officers can't say eppaulette. It is definatly shoulder number of collar number.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 28 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Aug 27 2009, 11:19 PM) *
So you can be sarcastic, but I can't.....strange values. Please let me know where I have been abusive (haven't we been here before somewhere????)

Yes we have with me I beleive. It seems that views from the other side of the fence are not as welcome as is initially made out....

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #106

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 28 2009, 10:50 AM) *
Yes we have with me I beleive. It seems that views from the other side of the fence are not as welcome as is initially made out....

You can't be selective in what you read; I didn't say I was joking and I do welcome your input... it makes a nice debate. I have no problem with you using sarcasm... if that is what you wish wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 28 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Sorry GMR I have never heard the term epaulette number???? most officers can't say eppaulette. It is definatly shoulder number of collar number.

Ok, I probably hang around with the wrong sort of police officers. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 28 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 10:55 AM) *
You can't be selective in what you read; I didn't say I was joking and I do welcome your input... it makes a nice debate. I have no problem with you using sarcasm... if that is what you wish wink.gif

Your request for Anon2 details so you can "check him out" is not really in the spirit of internet forum's. To be honest it makes me feel very uneasy about giving my opinion now, that and the comment about never being off duty make me wonder that if I say something you don't like you will be off down the nick to make a complaint!!!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #109

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:02 AM) *
Your request for Anon2 details so you can "check him out" is not really in the spirit of internet forum's. To be honest it makes me feel very uneasy about giving my opinion now, that and the comment about never being off duty make me wonder that if I say something you don't like you will be off down the nick to make a complaint!!!

Anon questioned, or seemed to question, my validity and I said I didn't hid behind aliases. Anything I say I would say to your face.

You seem to worry that I or somebody might go to the police and check you out? If you are legitimate then what are you scared of? There seems to be something fishy here.

As for police being on duty; they are always on duty and represent the police every time they open their mouth. In fact you've often stated, or Anon has often stated, that you are putting their side up. If you are honest and legitimate then you've got nothing to worry about. If you are impersonating a police officer then that is a different matter.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 28 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 10:55 AM) *

I wish you'd make up your mind as to exactly what you do want.

It makes no difference whether or not Anon and Ossy are police officers, their opinions are just as valid as yours. If they are police officers, their opinions are probably better informed on police matters than yours.

I think you should stop harping on, and just treat their posts as those of off-duty officers.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 28 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 11:13 AM) *
Anon questioned, or seemed to question, my validity and I said I didn't hid behind aliases. Anything I say I would say to your face.

You seem to worry that I or somebody might go to the police and check you out? If you are legitimate then what are you scared of? There seems to be something fishy here.

As for police being on duty; they are always on duty and represent the police every time they open their mouth. In fact you've often stated, or Anon has often stated, that you are putting their side up. If you are honest and legitimate then you've got nothing to worry about. If you are impersonating a police officer then that is a different matter.

There is nothing fishy I just don't understand why someone would based upon an interent forum. Why would you be so concerned?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #112

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 28 2009, 11:21 AM) *
I wish you'd make up your mind as to exactly what you do want.

It makes no difference whether or not Anon and Ossy are police officers, their opinions are just as valid as yours. If they are police officers, their opinions are probably better informed on police matters than yours.

I think you should stop harping on, and just treat their posts as those of off-duty officers.

Actually it does matter because they both have stated they are police officers... and yes I agree both their opinions are valid. They could have easily come on here and gave their opinions without saying that they were officers of the law.

It was Anon who questioned my validity. We wouldn't have gone down that area if he wouldn't have questioned me.

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 28 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Ok, I probably hang around with the wrong sort of police officers. wink.gif

I'm not sure you hang out with any Police Officers, especially if they use the wrong terms all the time!!! Have you checked out their validity???? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #114

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:26 AM) *
There is nothing fishy I just don't understand why someone would based upon an interent forum. Why would you be so concerned?

A lot of people come on forums and say they are such and such a person when they are not. Why do we have to hide under names if people are legitimate? It is because they can say things without suffering the consequences for their words?

Also vulnerable people take at face at what they read/ hear and if somebody is not who they say they are then there could be dangerous consequences because of that deception.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #115

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:30 AM) *
I'm not sure you hang out with any Police Officers, especially if they use the wrong terms all the time!!! Have you checked out their validity???? tongue.gif

They don't use the wrong terms actually. And yes I have checked their validity and I've seen them in the police station and in an official capacity. wink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 28 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #116

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Actually it does matter because they both have stated they are police officers... and yes I agree both their opinions are valid. They could have easily come on here and gave their opinions without saying that they were officers of the law.

It was Anon who questioned my validity. We wouldn't have gone down that area if he wouldn't have questioned me.

Sorry, can you show me where I called your validity into question? Both Ossy and I have said we are Police Officers to show that we have knowledge of the subject and to help it along somewhat, that's it, simple really. Shall we move on?????

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #117

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:36 AM) *
Sorry, can you show me where I called your validity into question? Both Ossy and I have said we are Police Officers to show that we have knowledge of the subject and to help it along somewhat, that's it, simple really. Shall we move on?????

I am quite happy to move.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 28 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 11:27 AM) *

So if I state that I'm a nurse and post a comment you don't agree with. you will then demand proof that I am indeed a nurse?

I suspect they are now wishing they had kept quiet, pity really we couldn't have afforded them a little respect for admitting they were.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 28 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #119

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 28 2009, 11:37 AM) *
So if I state that I'm a nurse and post a comment you don't agree with. you will then demand proof that I am indeed a nurse?

I suspect they are now wishing they had kept quiet, pity really we couldn't have afforded them a little respect for admitting they were.

And you believe everything you are told on the net then?

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 28 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #120

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 28 2009, 11:32 AM) *
They don't use the wrong terms actually. And yes I have checked their validity and I've seen them in the police station and in an official capacity. wink.gif tongue.gif

They do use the wrong terms actually if, as you say, you have heard them refer to 'epaulette number'.........Believe me if they (there are more than one????) use that term in particular then I am amazed, totally amazed!! As they would quickly pick up the correct terminology during induction and whilst on operational duty, epaulette number wouldn't last very long. tongue.gif As Ossy has also said, that term is never used. I think we should leave it there

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 06:21 AM