> Heard this one before
Simon Kirby
post Jan 23 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (stewiegriffin @ Jan 23 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Google was invented for this very purpose. Feel free to try it. As for me, I heard it on the BBC. I think the Telegraph did something on the news too.

Yes, I heard it on Radio4 this morning too - Blighty is Germany's biggest import market for goods and services. Largely our financial services which is a bit disappointing as we're still desperately dependent on the bankers and their funny-money which rather seems to have got us into all this trouble in the first places, but we do also export manufactured goods to Germany which is encouraging.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stewiegriffin
post Jan 23 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,387

Trade partner/Export market. Whatever. The POINT was Germany won't want to lose it. It still is the point.

Squelchy/Weavers meanwhile have no point. Only ever interested in trying to start a row. Please feel free to offer an actual opinion if you can muster something so taxing. I won't hold my breath waiting though.

+Quote Post
stewiegriffin
post Jan 23 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Amelie @ Jan 23 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Um, are you saying that members of this forum should be guided in their deliberations by something you say you heard?
Yeah, 'bout right.

I didn't say I heard it. I did hear it. And frankly 'deliberations' is something of a grand description for the drivel that constitutes the outpourings of this forum's typical member.

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post Jan 23 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

QUOTE (stewiegriffin @ Jan 23 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Trade partner/Export market. Whatever. The POINT was Germany won't want to lose it. It still is the point.

Squelchy/Weavers meanwhile have no point. Only ever interested in trying to start a row. Please feel free to offer an actual opinion if you can muster something so taxing. I won't hold my breath waiting though.

Now, now. You were wrong. You were confused between Export and Total trade. You were asked to back up your initial assertion, the 'export' one. You couldn't, didn't, or wouldn't. Instead of admitting you confused the two you've now resorted to a bit of abuse.

Reading back, it was YOU who said you weren't confused. It has been pointed out that in fact YOU were confused. A simple "Sorry" might have sufficed. Instead, you choose to shoot the messenger. Your lack of grace speaks volumes.

+Quote Post
The Doctor
post Jan 23 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,962

QUOTE (stewiegriffin @ Jan 23 2013, 07:53 PM) *
I didn't say I heard it. I did hear it.

Can you explain that sentence for those of us with English as a first language?

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Jan 23 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

Leave him alone guys, I knew he'd got the total trade and export figures muddled up, and would have simply corrected him, but because he mouthed off about 'not being confused' it was an easy target. Naughty, I know. But some just seem to ask for it.

+Quote Post
stewiegriffin
post Jan 23 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rusty Bullet @ Jan 23 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Now, now. You were wrong. You were confused between Export and Total trade. You were asked to back up your initial assertion, the 'export' one. You couldn't, didn't, or wouldn't. Instead of admitting you confused the two you've now resorted to a bit of abuse.

Reading back, it was YOU who said you weren't confused. It has been pointed out that in fact YOU were confused. A simple "Sorry" might have sufficed. Instead, you choose to shoot the messenger. Your lack of grace speaks volumes.

An apology for what exactly? I don't apologize to the pointless argument mongers on this forum. They never offer an opinion, only idiotic replies like the last few here. Maybe if you could offer an opinion relating to the OP you might get a less irritated response from me. In the context of this discussion it is wholly irrelevant whether it's export or trade. But true to form the members of the 'I start arguments in an empty room' society trawl every post looking for the smallest discrepancy with which to take issue in their futile, time wasting posts.

This forum might benefit from more actual opinions and less BS from the likes of Squelch, Weavers and Amelie. There are plenty of other half wits to add to that list. I'm sure some of them will be along soon.

When they arrive, read their posts and ask yourself if they have offered any kind of opinion that relates to the OP. You might try the same with your last post. Your lack of an opinion speaks volumes.

+Quote Post
stewiegriffin
post Jan 23 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (The Doctor @ Jan 23 2013, 08:03 PM) *
Can you explain that sentence for those of us with English as a first language?

I refer you to the post above. Any opinion to offer sunshine? Thought not.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Jan 23 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

I think the whole argument re referendums will become moot after the next election as slimy Dave stands a snowballs chance in **** of winning the next one, with or without the help of Cleggie.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Jan 23 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

If I can't use the word ****, then why can I use the word Heaven?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 23 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (stewiegriffin @ Jan 23 2013, 07:47 PM) *

Statistics or not I'd certainly agree that several EC member states wouldn't want to see UK exit. Apart from trade, two other key reasons, first, it would awaken discontent in their own back yards and second the other nations would have to make good the UK financial contribution. As they've started resorting to abuse, it seems to demonstrate that they don't believe in the EU either. If it's so necessary for us to remain, the argument for doing so would be rather more compelling and rather more easily stated.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 23 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 23 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Interesting Jeff. You don't agree with democracy then? blink.gif

Not when the electorate don't know what's best for them. Roy Jenkins knew this.......

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 23 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 23 2013, 09:21 PM) *
Not when the electorate don't know what's best for them. Roy Jenkins knew this.......

Ho Ho Ho spoken like a true Fabian! Some animals are more equal than others....

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 23 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 23 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Ho Ho Ho spoken like a true Fabian! Some animals are more equal than others....

Jenkins , as Home Secretary in the 60s over saw the abolition of laws against homosexuality, abortion & divorce and got rid of the death penalty - all against huge public oppostion. But he was right.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 23 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 23 2013, 10:05 PM) *
Jenkins , as Home Secretary in the 60s over saw the abolition of laws against homosexuality, abortion & divorce and got rid of the death penalty - all against huge public oppostion. But he was right.

For many, that's a matter of opinion. In fact, as the public demonstrated after Montague legal case there was actually popular support for homosexual law reform. Similarly with abortion. The key issue with the death penalty was that it applied to all categories of murder; there was certainly public support for abolition for most of the categories, save the most serious. The anti's were actually reactionary politicians, Amery, Maxwell-Fyfe and the like. Jenkins jumped on bandwaggons started by others, nothing wrong with that, but it certainly wasn't contrary to popular opinion or against the spirit of the time. As always, its amazing that the peoples party think the people can't think for themselves. If anyone was right; check out George Orwell!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
motormad
post Jan 23 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

QUOTE (Penelope @ Jan 23 2013, 08:42 PM) *
If I can't use the word ****, then why can I use the word Heaven?

Over Zealous forum Admin must be a Christian.

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 24 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Jan 23 2013, 04:56 PM) *
Clearly you don't understand.

Why do people have to understand? The idea of democracy is that people have free will and choice. If you start having to have an IQ above 140 to vote then we'll be in big bother. I do see an awful lot of pretentious claptrap on this forum from people who think they are always right and if you don't agree with them then you must be an idiot.

1 person = 1 vote.

Whether that person be a facist, communist, or racist.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 24 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 24 2013, 10:30 AM) *
Why do people have to understand? The idea of democracy is that people have free will and choice. If you start having to have an IQ above 140 to vote then we'll be in big bother. I do see an awful lot of pretentious claptrap on this forum from people who think they are always right and if you don't agree with them then you must be an idiot.

1 person = 1 vote.

Whether that person be a facist, communist, or racist.

It is not prudent to allow a child to vote for what time they should go to bed. I don't believe in unmitigated democracy.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Jan 24 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 24 2013, 11:53 AM) *
It is not prudent to allow a child to vote for what time they should go to bed. I don't believe in unmitigated democracy.

They will be allowing women the vote before you know it, anyway, children should be out at t'mill earning a living.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 24 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Penelope @ Jan 24 2013, 12:24 PM) *
They will be allowing women the vote before you know it, anyway, children should be out at t'mill earning a living.

Women!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:56 AM