Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Future hangs in the balance for Thatcham Pub
LeeG
post Jan 25 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

Just read the lengthy article regarding the Black Horse in which delight was taken in the slating and sacking of manager Bev Barnaby.
This was my local for many years. When Bev took over we were all delighted and she put her heart and soul into keeping the pub alive.
The article regarding the Black Horse is just a rant at Bev, like the brewery couldn't possibly be accountable in any way - surely it was their draymen that turned up to deliver the beer at 3am???? Would this article have been so damning if there had been a bloke in charge at the pub? I doubt it. I expect it will close for good in the not too distant future.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 25 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (LeeG @ Jan 25 2012, 09:23 AM) *
Just read the lengthy article regarding the Black Horse in which delight was taken in the slating and sacking of manager Bev Barnaby.
This was my local for many years. When Bev took over we were all delighted and she put her heart and soul into keeping the pub alive.
The article regarding the Black Horse is just a rant at Bev, like the brewery couldn't possibly be accountable in any way - surely it was their draymen that turned up to deliver the beer at 3am???? Would this article have been so damning if there had been a bloke in charge at the pub? I doubt it. I expect it will close for good in the not too distant future.

Are you saying that the report of excessive noise, violent and anti social behaviour over a prolonged period whilst the pub was under the management of this lady is untrue?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
LeeG
post Jan 25 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (LeeG @ Jan 25 2012, 09:23 AM) *

+Quote Post
LeeG
post Jan 25 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Not at all. Makes harsh reading all the same.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 25 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (LeeG @ Jan 25 2012, 03:05 PM) *
Not at all. Makes harsh reading all the same.

Yep, may be harsh but it is also fair.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 05:53 AM