Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Defence of Battered Wives
sherwod
post Feb 17 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,053

In the report on the Kintbury Rapist it states that a former wife of his gave a false statement and it helped him to continue his run of abuse, i feel that this comment is insensitive considering that most abused partners fear for thier safety and in thier situation they tend to go along with things to protect themselves. I know that in this case this was the situation and i feel that the report has branded the former partner to be aiding his evil activities ,in your interpretation to portray the facts the word HELPING is the insensitive word. I feel that a printed apology would be a good idea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Feb 17 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (sherwod @ Feb 17 2011, 04:37 PM) *
In the report on the Kintbury Rapist it states that a former wife of his gave a false statement and it helped him to continue his run of abuse, i feel that this comment is insensitive considering that most abused partners fear for thier safety and in thier situation they tend to go along with things to protect themselves. I know that in this case this was the situation and i feel that the report has branded the former partner to be aiding his evil activities ,in your interpretation to portray the facts the word HELPING is the insensitive word. I feel that a printed apology would be a good idea.

Your assessment of what battered partners are driven to do to protect themselves is accurate. Often there are many others who know what is going on that could help resolve the mess at the time, but sadly they often only come forward too late.
If we are to criticise NWN for being insensitive, should we also look at all the family, friends, neighbours etc who could have come forward and spared the partner having to protect the suspect - and helped the victim see their offender convicted?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Feb 17 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I think his wife should be strung up as well him. She basically made sure that her husband was free to go out raping, or at least did whatever she could to keep him out of jail.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 17 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I doubt few of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this case.

+Quote Post
Roost
post Feb 17 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 17 2011, 09:13 PM) *
I doubt few of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this case.

Hear hear.

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
sherwod
post Feb 18 2011, 02:43 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Roost @ Feb 17 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Hear hear.

While everyone is entitled to thier opinion i feel some people have a very misguide view of the situation these wives are in and to say that these wives should be (strung up) is this misguided view , through the whole time that this (sycho) was committing these offences the whole of the families that were involved were threatened and intimidated by his actions. To add one specific to this debate , it took nine Policemen to put him in a straight Jacket in a previous arrest ,thats the sort of person they were dealing with.

+Quote Post
sherwod
post Feb 18 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Roost @ Feb 17 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Hear hear.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 10:03 AM