IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yet Again Farage Comments Taken Out of Context, How Would the Other Three Answer?
user23
post Dec 8 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 8 2014, 08:58 PM) *
One of the reasons. Yes. Population growth has been massive and infrastructure has not coped.
To say that certain parts (mainly the south and south east) of England have an infrastructure crisis caused partly by unmanaged and unlimited immigration is not racist.
Its is just the truth. But a lot of people don't like the truth.

Tried to get a Doctors appointment lately? blink.gif
What are you basing your opinion on and why did you feel the need to say your view isn't racist when no one claimed it was?

Perhaps we need more doctors from abroad to help run the NHS, our home grown medical staff are all off Down Under where where the demands are less intense and doctors enjoy a better work-life balance. Of course there won't be an NHS anyway under UKIP, they'll sell it off so no worries there, as long as you're rich you can get an appointment whenever you want.

Back to he "immigrants made me late" excuse, if you have a look at this Internal Migration, England and Wales, Year Ending June 2013 you'll see that there's actually been a fair bit of internal migration to the South East and West from other areas of England and Wales. What would you do about this, close the borders at Oxford and Bristol?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Dec 8 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 8 2014, 10:17 PM) *
Is that because of the immigrants too?

They must have an effect surely?
250,000 a year cannot be absorbed without making a difference to services and resources can they?

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Dec 8 2014, 09:16 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (blackdog @ Dec 8 2014, 09:49 AM) *
I don't see how the tax disc change makes any difference? SORN and untaxed UK cars will be picked up by ANPR pretty much as soon as the vehicle goes on the road - whether the police do anything about it is another issue. And foreign vehicles that have been in the UK untaxed for more than the grace period wouldn't have a tax disc before and won't now. If they are taxed they will have a UK number plate - much easier to spot than a tax disc.

No they can keep their foreign number plate but still be liable for tax. Vehicles in regular use could be spotted by the public and if not displaying a disc checked for SORN / tax requested for vehicles in the UK for over a month or whatever the grace period. ANPR is unlikely to pick up vehicles from abroad liable to tax.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Dec 8 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 8 2014, 08:41 PM) *
Perhaps we need more doctors from abroad to help run the NHS, our home grown medical staff are all off Down Under where where the demands are less intense and doctors enjoy a better work-life balance. ......

Are you saying UK public servants are lazier than foreign ones? Perhaps we should replace our inefficient local authority staff with foreigners and outsource IT services abroad - that'll free up some cash for essential services.

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 8 2014, 10:05 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Dec 8 2014, 10:25 PM) *
Are you saying UK public servants are lazier than foreign ones? Perhaps we should replace our inefficient local authority staff with foreigners and outsource IT services abroad - that'll free up some cash for essential services.
UKIP seem to think this is a bad idea:

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-...rcing-crackdown

Now perhaps you could have a go at backing up what you've said about immigrants with facts?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 8 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 8 2014, 08:17 PM) *
Is that because of the immigrants too?

Not just immigration. The overall population increase that has in the main been caused by immigration.
Population is the problem, Not immigration. Managed immigration is fine. Perhaps we ought to go the way of "Logan's Run"
We could do it every 5th of November and have a proper fireworks display. wink.gif

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Dec 8 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 8 2014, 10:05 PM) *
UKIP seem to think this is a bad idea:

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-...rcing-crackdown

Now perhaps you could have a go at backing up what you've said about immigrants with facts?

Can you show how thousands of extra people have had no effect on traffic levels?

Please do share your evidence.

Sorry I forgot you are part of the Public Service lets not see the fecking obvious brigade!

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Dec 8 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 8 2014, 10:13 PM) *
Not just immigration. The overall population increase that has in the main been caused by immigration.
Population is the problem, Not immigration. Managed immigration is fine.

Exactly, population growth can be planned for and managed (Midwifery can be a problem as their is only 8 months or so to realise the requirement for a potential significant increase. Uncontrolled immigration can cause major problems especially for example if large numbers of infants accompanying their parents putting pressure on the school system.

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 8 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Dec 8 2014, 11:41 PM) *
Can you show how thousands of extra people have had no effect on traffic levels? Please do share your evidence. Sorry I forgot you are part of the Public Service lets not see the fecking obvious brigade!
I didn't say the migrants from the other parts of the UK wouldn't have an effect on traffic, I asked how you would stop them from coming to South East and South West.

Since then you've just avoided the question and don't seem to have any answers. That's UKIP all over.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Dec 9 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 8 2014, 11:39 PM) *
I didn't say the migrants from the other parts of the UK wouldn't have an effect on traffic, I asked how you would stop them from coming to South East and South West.

Since then you've just avoided the question and don't seem to have any answers. That's UKIP all over.

The only way we can control the movement between places in the UK is really school places - difficult for planning unfortunately. So do you believe as you can't control one influx of people that you shouldn't have any limits on others?

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 9 2014, 08:32 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 8 2014, 11:39 PM) *

Not wishing to put too many facts in, but isn't the UK population falling?

https://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore...hl=en&dl=en

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 9 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 9 2014, 08:32 AM) *

That is a graph showing population growth rate, not overall population. The rate of increase has slowed, but while the growth rate is above 0, you will see a population increase.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 9 2014, 10:40 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 9 2014, 08:32 AM) *

No. The rate of GROWTH between 2010 and 2012 fell. It still grew though and the figures for 2012 to 2014 will show a sharp increase in growth.

0.8% of 64 Million is equal to the population of Manchester EVERY year rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Dec 9 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 9 2014, 10:40 AM) *
No. The rate of GROWTH between 2010 and 2012 fell. It still grew though and the figures for 2012 to 2014 will show a sharp increase in growth.

0.8% of 64 Million is equal to the population of Manchester EVERY year rolleyes.gif

The figure for 2014 is not on the graph - but 2013 is and shows a continuing decrease in the growth rate (down to 0.63%).

Population growth s the worldwide problem, it is behind most other problems, but no government apart from the Chinese have attempted to do anything about it.

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 9 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 9 2014, 10:40 AM) *

So it is. Fair enough, but the population will be growing anyway - with or without immigration.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 9 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 9 2014, 12:51 PM) *
So it is. Fair enough, but the population will be growing anyway - with or without immigration.

I understood that the birthrate in the UK from parents who were born here was in decline.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Dec 9 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 9 2014, 12:51 PM) *

So therefore faster with immigration. Quad et whatever.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Dec 9 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,234

You know, when a person says "with all due respect..." they are about to show very little respect.

When a person says "it's none of my business but...." you know they're about to make it their business...

And when a person says "I am not a racist but..." you have a pretty good idea of what's coming next.

I wonder how many of the UKIP supporters have realised that stopping half a dozen Polish plumbers from coming here will not really affect the increase in birthrates that seems to vex them so.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Dec 9 2014, 06:19 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Dec 9 2014, 05:31 PM) *
You know, when a person says "with all due respect..." they are about to show very little respect.

When a person says "it's none of my business but...." you know they're about to make it their business...

And when a person says "I am not a racist but..." you have a pretty good idea of what's coming next.

I wonder how many of the UKIP supporters have realised that stopping half a dozen Polish plumbers from coming here will not really affect the increase in birthrates that seems to vex them so.

Like many people you seem unable to understand that being able to limit immigration is not stopping immigration nor is it racist.

I blame the eduction system!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 9 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Dec 8 2014, 09:16 PM) *
No they can keep their foreign number plate but still be liable for tax. Vehicles in regular use could be spotted by the public and if not displaying a disc checked for SORN / tax requested for vehicles in the UK for over a month or whatever the grace period. ANPR is unlikely to pick up vehicles from abroad liable to tax.

Who if anyone is actually worried about whether or not someone has paid their VED or not?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:01 AM