Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Self righteous morons
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 23 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Guests

I was, well am, at sainsburys. (iphone posting)

I was looking for a parking space and I noticed a woman was just getting ready to drive out, so i reversed into the parent and baby space opposite and waited. My engine was stiill running. I was looking at her space quite clearly and had no intention of parking in the baby space.

Instead of moving, this woman, whom i can only describe as ugly, took it upon herself to get out of her car, come across the carpark, stick her head in my window and go "where is your child???" as if she was the car park king.

I said i was checkig my phone and waiting for her to leave, to which she mumbled something and waddled off.

She drove an early 90's fiesta, cant remember the plate.

Anyway if she is on this forum, or if she reads this, how about minding your own business and stop trying to validate your pitiful life by attempting to put yourself above other people.

Otherwise you end up making yourself look like a fool.

Regards,
Angry vw golf driver.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 23 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

You looked a bit scared when I confronted you, but you need not have cried! I don't bite! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Sep 23 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 23 2011, 01:56 PM) *
...i reversed into the parent and baby space opposite and waited.

It'd be interesting to hear her side of the story. Why is there a need to even wait in a parent and child space? I've never found a problem getting a space at Sainsbury's, although it does mean that sometimes I have to park further away from the entrance than I'd like.

Parents with small children get understandibly frustrated at people without kids who like to park in parent and child spaces because they can't be arsed to walk a few extra steps. For all this woman knew you were about to do the same.

It's the same with disabled spaces. The other day I watched a chap in a BMW pull into the closest disabled space to the entrance, get out and then proceed inside to shop.

To me, the sensible thing to do is to drive around until you find a space - then park in it. Parent and child spaces, along with disabled spaces and loading bays aren't there as some kind of waiting area for you to sit in until your ideal spot becomes available.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 23 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 23 2011, 01:59 PM) *
You looked a bit scared when I confronted you, but you need not have cried! I don't bite! tongue.gif

Ahah, that explains so much. wink.gif

Anyway, I too was debating with myself the pros/cons of waiting in this space vs driving around. The woman was parked on the end bay closest to the door.

The reason that i like parking on the end is because I'm fed up of people slamming doors into my car leaving dents, scuffs and scratches. If i have to i'll park anywhere available but if I can, ill get an end space somewhere.

I think parking in disabled spaces if youre not disabled is very stupid. It annoys me immensly seeing people do it but i never confront them because then id be just as arrogant as they are.

Now at this time , there were a couple of other parent and baby spaces available so it wasnt like I'd taken the last bay. Had she of just driven off rather than get out and protest, i'd have been stationary for about 10 seconds in the parent and toddler bay. But because of her attempt to be the car park king (she probably was closer to the burger king), it was closer to a minute.

I'd love to hear her side of the story and the frame of mind of this woman. She's probably one of those people who use big, complicated sounding words without understanding the meaning.

I have admitted before to parking in baby and toddler spaces, usually this is later at night when theres fewer cars. I know its wrong but that doesnt detract from the fact i was waiting for her to move, not wanting to park to park up, and her sheer arrogance and attitude without even knowing what my intentions where.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Sep 23 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I usually park as far away as possible. It's a bit of excercise after all.
A supermarket in Norfolk, the car park by a little river often has baby wabbits hopping around.
Not to mention the proud mallards with 7 fluffy chicks.. Those might not be the ones heading for a nightclub.

So I get springwatch along with my veg.
ce.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Sep 23 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 23 2011, 02:48 PM) *
...without even knowing what my intentions where.

Interesting, considering that you didn't know what her intentions were either. It could be that she looked like she was about to leave, but it may in fact have been that she was waiting for someone who could potentially taken a long time to come out. How long would you have sat in a parent and child space waiting for her to move, just so your car doesn't get scratched?

Also, I find it smacks of double standards somewhat to accuse her of attempting to put herself above other people, when you yourself have admitted to parking in parent and child spaces in the past all the while knowing it was wrong. I'm sure the majority of people who park correctly - at all times of the day - would consider that to be putting yourself above other people.

If you are that concerned about your car picking up dings and scratches from inconsiderate motorists then parking in a supermarket carpark is probably the wrong place for you to be parking.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Sep 23 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

A supermarket in Norfolk, the car park by a little river often has baby wabbits hopping around.
Not to mention the proud mallards with 7 fluffy chicks.. Those might not be the ones heading for a nightclub.

ce.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Sep 23 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Sep 23 2011, 03:22 PM) *

ce.

Say again? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 23 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Sep 23 2011, 03:22 PM) *

ce.

The wabbits sound cute but I'd hope the girls at the nightclub aren't fluffy, it would be quite a turn off.

I want a pet wabbit now.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Sep 23 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Sorry about the double post. Cat came and sat on the keyboard,which means that the bowl was empty.
One has to obey when a Persian looks you in the eye.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 23 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Well, my cat managed to close my browser a few minutes ago. I still haven't worked out which key he pressed. I know about Alt-F4 but that would have taken two paws.

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Sep 23 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

without even knowing what my intentions where.

Lemme get this right, you say she didn't know what your intentions were, but you didn't know her's either. All she saw was the driver of a German car waiting in a 'mother and toddler' bay with it's engine running. All she appears to have done is point out that you did not have a child on board. As a consequence of that you have come onto a public forum and called her a,

Self righteous moron

and that she was..
ugly

and that..
She's probably one of those people who use big, complicated sounding words without understanding the meaning.

Then you have the audacity to admit..
I have admitted before to parking in baby and toddler spaces,

Good luck to this woman. I hope she nevers stops pointing out to people with no toddlers where they shouldn't park. This woman was trying to do the right thing.Your abuse of her does you no credit at all sir.

stop trying to validate your pitiful life by attempting to put yourself above other people....Otherwise you end up making yourself look like a fool.

As someone once said.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 23 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (massifheed @ Sep 23 2011, 03:20 PM) *
Also, I find it smacks of double standards somewhat to accuse her of attempting to put herself above other people, when you yourself have admitted to parking in parent and child spaces in the past all the while knowing it was wrong. I'm sure the majority of people who park correctly - at all times of the day - would consider that to be putting yourself above other people.

If you are that concerned about your car picking up dings and scratches from inconsiderate motorists then parking in a supermarket carpark is probably the wrong place for you to be parking.

Yup. I openly admit to it because it would be hypocritical of me to lie. Things I've done in the past, knowing that are wrong, include speeding, capturing indecent photographs of my grandmother and posting them online, and writing "poo" in red spray paint on a friends garage wall. There are others but a court order says I mustn't share. But I suppose I could park, oh - I don't know - on the moon, to pick up my chicken and garlic bread. Generally you tend to park in the car park belonging to the shop you wish to visit.. blink.gif

I'm concerned about my car because, unlike most people, I actually care about it because it's a large chunk of metal worth a bit of money (and it's worth a lot to me regardless) at the end of the day. Out of 20 times at the supermarket I will park in the parent and baby section, perhaps once. Perhaps that is one too many times, then again the dents on my doors seem to disagree.

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Sep 23 2011, 04:53 PM) *
Lemme get this right, you say she didn't know what your intentions were, but you didn't know her's either. All she saw was the driver of a German car waiting in a 'mother and toddler' bay with it's engine running. All she appears to have done is point out that you did not have a child on board. As a consequence of that you have come onto a public forum and called her a,

I saw that she had put her shopping in the boot, unlocked her car and get in, put her seatbelt on, about to pull away. I'd have probably waited about 30 seconds and if, after that 30 seconds, she hadn't moved, I'd have figured she was waiting for someone (or just being awkward) and gone elsewhere. Logically my assumption is correct.

Now from her point of view, driver of German hatchback pulls into a parking space opposite, with engine running and lights on, looking in the direction of the space which is about to be vacatated, would perhaps be SOME indication of my actions. Next time I'll write on a big piece of cardboard in lipstick saying "WAITING 4 U 2 MOVE x"

I'm so thankful she thought it necessary to point that out to me, that I didn't have a child or toddler with me. I knew I left something behind without the screaming, wailing, baby seat or indeed bottle of powdered milk.

Also find your "mother and toddler" comment - very sexist, they are parent and toddler bays; what about the single fathers in this world? Or are you saying only women are allowed to go shopping? (If so I would agree wholeheartedly). Equally if I had a French car, a top hat and a moustache would she have approached me in a different manner?

Good luck to this woman. I hope she nevers stops pointing out to people with no toddlers where they shouldn't park. This woman was trying to do the right thing.Your abuse of her does you no credit at all sir.

The point is that there's a way to approach people, and a way to talk to them. Coming up to someone, sticking your head in their window and going "oh where's your child then?!?" in a way akin to Jeremy Kyle is hardly polite or civil. And when I said that I was waiting for her to leave, her response being "yeahhh right" as she walks away trying to impress everyone by continuing to talk... rolleyes.gif Had she of gone, politely, "you realise these are parent and baby bays?" - I would have replied "yes, I saw you were leaving and was just waiting so I could take your spot". To which if she would have said "oh, okay well have a nice day"...I wouldn't have made the thread!! huh.gif

As for cats, well the only cat I know is a random one that rolls about on my drive when I wash my car. I think he likes me. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Sep 23 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

What is this fuss about parent and child bays??

They have no legal standing; they are not enforceable; they are purely a marketing ploy. If that is the size of bay necessary to get in and out of a vehicle, why aren't all the spaces that size?

Whilst I am not eligible for a disabled badge, I need to have the door fully open to get in and out without causing myself pain.

If I cannot find a reasonable space, I will park in the P/C bays.

Try coming up to me and poking your head in the window and all that will happen is that the window will be raised.

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Sep 23 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

What is this fuss about parent and child bays??

They have no legal standing; they are not enforceable; they are purely a marketing ploy. If that is the size of bay necessary to get in and out of a vehicle, why aren't all the spaces that size?

Whilst I am not eligible for a disabled badge, I need to have the door fully open to get in and out without causing myself pain.

Try coming up to me and poking your head in the window and all that will happen is that the window will be raised.

+Quote Post
gel
post Sep 23 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

I absolutely agree disabled should have access to nearest parking spaces available to entrance, but not Parents with kids, who seem to have persuaded Supermarkets, they are yet another special case; are they all unfit.?

The kids could probably do with the exercise!

If you're being objective an elderly driver, lets says 65 or 70+ is less fit than a much
younger parent, so why not allow them to use these spaces too, as they are not as agile
and would apppreciate proximity & wider spaces.

In Eire I've even see special spaces for expectant Mums blink.gif

+Quote Post
Darren
post Sep 23 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Sep 23 2011, 06:57 PM) *

Around the neck...

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Sep 23 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Sep 23 2011, 06:57 PM) *

Broken Britain at it's finest.

Toddler bays were designed to reduce the distance small children 'toddle' to the main doors. On a busy day can you imagine having dozens of the little rug rats running around between the cars?

There is an argument that 'Toddler Bays' should become 'inactive' after 20.00, but anything that stops them (or tries to) from running around in moving traffic must be a good thing.

+Quote Post
user23
post Sep 23 2011, 07:11 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (gel @ Sep 23 2011, 07:01 PM) *
I absolutely agree disabled should have access to nearest parking spaces available to entrance, but not Parents with kids, who seem to have persuaded Supermarkets, they are yet another special case; are they all unfit.?

The kids could probably do with the exercise!
Isn't it more to do with the space needed to take the child out of the car without bashing the car next to them?

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 23 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Sep 23 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Broken Britain at it's finest.

Toddler bays were designed to reduce the distance small children 'toddle' to the main doors. On a busy day can you imagine having dozens of the little rug rats running around between the cars?

There is an argument that 'Toddler Bays' should become 'inactive' after 20.00, but anything that stops them (or tries to) from running around in moving traffic must be a good thing.

How is that broken Britain? I mean seriously...lol. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, a "serious" question (rare from me): at what age does one stop being able to use parent and toddler bays without being moaned at by a woman?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:39 PM