Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Police on Facebook
Roost
post Dec 12 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

The thing is, as you can see from pretty much any thread that you and certain others do come in on (I'll freely admit that it's not just you), these threads quickly become mired in personal bickering and point scoring rather than debate over the subject in question.

This is, GMR, a fact as can be evidenced by god knows how many threads that are still extant on these pages.

This is not a personal criticism, just a note of what has been observed over a period of time.

If you , and those others who do this were to follow my advice as previously given then it may become a less personally offensive forum and subsequently stick to the topics in question.

This is my last word on this subject, although I'll welcome any replies, as it's better if the topic thread stays as what it was meant to be.
A topic thread.

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 12 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Roost @ Dec 12 2009, 03:27 PM) *
If you , and those others who do this were to follow my advice as previously given then it may become a less personally offensive forum and subsequently stick to the topics in question.

This is my last word on this subject, although I'll welcome any replies, as it's better if the topic thread stays as what it was meant to be.
A topic thread.

I see where you are coming from; the sort of post I am replying is the sort of thing that gets up your nose. Not sticking to the thread, just wanting to show ones cleverness and hating what you've created to prove some absurd point.

And of course 'your last word' is your last word (?) because you don't like the sort of posts you created in the first place. Pot, kettle and black comes to mind, but we'll leave that and get back to normal; hopefully (which would have been achieved if you hadn't tried to be clever in the first place).

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 14 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Talking of police on facebook, my mate just posted this link on his facebook page..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8458844.stm

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jan 14 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 14 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Talking of police on facebook, my mate just posted this link on his facebook page..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8458844.stm

Well brought back, the usuals had gone off on a tangent again

+Quote Post
Roost
post Jan 14 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

Reminds me of something from a couple of years ago.

Anyone else recall the drumming police dude in the Snooty Fox?!!

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 14 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Yes! He was really good!

+Quote Post
Jeven
post Jan 15 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 498

To add to the above here is a quote from the guy who actually took the video:

Knuckle rap for riot shield sledging coppers

The original vid was posted on YouTube by Rick Latham, who was on Boars Hill, Oxford, on Tuesday when a group of officers approached him. He told BBC news: "I thought they were going to tell us off at first. But they had a look at the hill and two of them went down on their shields.

"They were jovial and it was nice to see officers taking time out to get involved. They were only there for a few minutes so I don't think they should be criticised."

Seems quite innocent really, certainly nice that the public can see the Police as normal humans sometimes.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Jan 15 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Jeven @ Jan 15 2010, 12:13 PM) *
To add to the above here is a quote from the guy who actually took the video:

Knuckle rap for riot shield sledging coppers

Seems quite innocent really, certainly nice that the public can see the Police as normal humans sometimes.

Except the guy that made the complaint about them, left his sense of humour at home. Worth remembering that is what community engagement is all about. Most of the officers that were on duty in the snow did long long days. Walked miles to work, you get the picture.

+Quote Post
Guest_Newbury Expat_*
post Jan 15 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #49

Guests

Wow, that Superintendant certainly is an early contender for humbug of the year:

I have spoken to the officers concerned and reminded them in no uncertain terms that tobogganing on duty, on police equipment and at taxpayers' expense is a very bad idea should they wish to progress under my command.

Um, what about improving public relations Andrew? isn't that a good use of your budget? Because this to me improves the relations. No, far better that we see the police as robots who are unlike us rolleyes.gif

Sourpuss.

Let them sled!!

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 15 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

In our day, old bill could get away with drink driving or going on duty p*ssed. So compared to that this is trivial. Police, however, in uniform should be beyond reproach, so this isn't a good display in my view. Especialy as if the bloke had sprained his wrist, he no doubt would have been off duty for a few weeks on full pay! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 16 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jan 15 2010, 05:34 PM) *
Except the guy that made the complaint about them, left his sense of humour at home. Worth remembering that is what community engagement is all about. Most of the officers that were on duty in the snow did long long days. Walked miles to work, you get the picture.

Nobody made a complaint, they were seen on youtube. However if nothing was done the superior officer would have been in for much criticism, this way he has acted but noone has been punished. No harm done. I do agree that they should not have been doing this, and as far as joining in and community spririt goes - they were on their own, not joining in and not doing anything within the community. There were also 4 of them wasting their time, akthough i unerstand they were quick, it's not like they were at it for an afternoon.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Jan 17 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 16 2010, 01:38 PM) *
Nobody made a complaint, they were seen on youtube. However if nothing was done the superior officer would have been in for much criticism, this way he has acted but noone has been punished. No harm done. I do agree that they should not have been doing this, and as far as joining in and community spririt goes - they were on their own, not joining in and not doing anything within the community. There were also 4 of them wasting their time, akthough i unerstand they were quick, it's not like they were at it for an afternoon.

Clearly not on their own, hence the guy that put it on you tube!!!!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 17 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jan 17 2010, 07:40 PM) *
Clearly not on their own, hence the guy that put it on you tube!!!!

Watch the video Ossy, then tell us all exactly at what point they are joining in with anyone else, or where anyone else is being involved or benefitting.

+Quote Post
Angry of Hungerf...
post Jan 18 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 489

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 17 2010, 08:41 PM) *
Watch the video Ossy, then tell us all exactly at what point they are joining in with anyone else, or where anyone else is being involved or benefitting.

Look - they were testing the strengh of the riot shield - however with all those scratches on it I hope they dont have to look through it !!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Angry and ALWAYS angry - but still loving life :-)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:43 AM