Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum Link
Nothing Much
post Oct 31 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,171

Thanks wabbit for the comment some pages ago.
I've been off-line for a few days as Virgin adjust my testicles.

I lurk in the background usually.
But with internet it is interesting to keep popping up.
I lived for 20 years in Woolton Hill so I do have an interest.
CE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Oct 31 2015, 03:45 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

A bit embarrassing to be top of the page
with a comment about Virgin and Testicles!

Not really my style of whimsy....

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Nov 1 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

My personal thoughts, take them or leave them:

1. The more the merrier, you need more people to make it interesting, even if you don't agree and actually sometimes it's nice to hear other opinions. I have changed my mind on many subjects as a result of discussions on here.

2. Not everything is an argument - some people seem to try and "win" at having a discussion.

3. You can ignore people if they don't interest you

4. People aren't always what they claim to be. We can all pretend to be anyone or anything on here.

5. You can get some good advice. I said I didn't like Newbury, User23 told me top move so I did, and I love living in Wantage now! It's one of the reasons I don't post so much now, but I like to see how you all are doing from time to time.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Nov 1 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #144

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Strafin @ Nov 1 2015, 10:08 AM) *
My personal thoughts, take them or leave them: 1. The more the merrier, you need more people to make it interesting, even if you don't agree and actually sometimes it's nice to hear other opinions. I have changed my mind on many subjects as a result of discussions on here. 2. Not everything is an argument - some people seem to try and "win" at having a discussion. 3. You can ignore people if they don't interest you 4. People aren't always what they claim to be. We can all pretend to be anyone or anything on here. 5. You can get some good advice. I said I didn't like Newbury, User23 told me top move so I did, and I love living in Wantage now! It's one of the reasons I don't post so much now, but I like to see how you all are doing from time to time.

And of course sometimes a subject comes up on which one has limited knowledge and there is a chance to learn new stuff.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Nov 9 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Not sure if I have posted this before. But I liked Andy Capp's comment about my "Bohemian"posts.
Strange times in the 60s. I went to a boys boarding school . Shrewsbury. Most of my friends
were younger siblings of Monty Pythons. So we tried to do anarchy....as well. Mostly we failed.

Palin ,Ingrams. Rushton, John Peel (Ravenscroft) ,Carl Henty-Dod..(Simon Dee DJ) Paul Foot

It was quite chaotic. 6 young lads were rusticated (sent home) for brewing up LSD.
2 were invited back to sit exams for Cambridge or Oxford to study chemistry!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:39 PM