IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, I sought of hope he wins...
Turin Machine
post Feb 6 2017, 02:33 AM
Post #241

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (user23 @ Feb 5 2017, 09:21 AM) *

Right, I'm back with some popcorn! cool.gif

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 6 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Interesting views from Germany.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/world/a-1133177.html

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 7 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #243

Advanced Member

I wonder what the view from the stateside liberals window will be when the next extremist Muslim Massacres a bunch of citizens and Chicken little is let out of the coop so he can run around clucking "dearey me, the sky is a falling in, someone should have done something".

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 7 2017, 05:14 AM
Post #244

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 7 2017, 12:02 AM) *
I wonder what the view from the stateside liberals window will be when the next extremist Muslim Massacres a bunch of citizens and Chicken little is let out of the coop so he can run around clucking "dearey me, the sky is a falling in, someone should have done something".

The view will be that it is Trumps fault. He encouraged them by being nasty. And if he had done nothing and kept Obama's policy it would also have been his fault for not implementing the policy he campaigned on and was elected with... I'm sensing a pattern....

#prayfor(inserttownorcityname)

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 7 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #245

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Oooerrr!
Now The Speaker has spoken.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38889941
Not only should Trump not see The Queen but also he is not worthy of addressing our political elite!
Well, he must know best and surely speaks for us all?? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Feb 7 2017, 07:08 AM
Post #246

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 7 2017, 12:02 AM) *

If it's anything like last time they'll be wondering why he wanted to ban follk from 7 countries but not the one's who flew the planes into the two towers.

In the meantime many thousands of Americans will be slaughtered by home-grown Christians and Trump will do nothing about gun control.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 7 2017, 07:33 AM
Post #247

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Feb 7 2017, 07:08 AM) *
If it's anything like last time they'll be wondering why he wanted to ban follk from 7 countries but not the one's who flew the planes into the two towers.

In the meantime many thousands of Americans will be slaughtered by home-grown Christians and Trump will do nothing about gun control.

Crazy I know but banning guns in the USA is akin to banning cars in the UK. Its part of the DNA of Americans. Cars in the UK kill lots of people. It could be argued they should be banned.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Feb 7 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #248

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2017, 07:33 AM) *
Crazy I know but banning guns in the USA is akin to banning cars in the UK. Its part of the DNA of Americans. Cars in the UK kill lots of people. It could be argued they should be banned.

Too much food is a killer. Ban food.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 7 2017, 01:57 PM
Post #249

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Start with tobacco.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 7 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #250

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 7 2017, 01:57 PM) *
Start with tobacco.

Tax drugs. The US are making a mint. Sales of 7 billion in 2016 and soaring for Cannabis. Might help plug the hole on the NHS budget.
Also I was thinking about the NHS and health tourism. Why not deduct the bill from any foreign aid we give to the tourists country of origin. They can then chase them for the money and the invoice is paid????

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 7 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #251

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (blackdog @ Feb 7 2017, 07:08 AM) *

Precisely.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 7 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Feb 7 2017, 12:21 PM) *
Too much food is a killer. Ban food.

Mmmm, Soylent Green.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Feb 8 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #253

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 7 2017, 07:33 AM) *

Banned - or better controlled?

There are millions in the US who think there should be better gun control, I suspect there are plenty here who thinks that better driving standards should be enforced.

That aside, there was a time when driving home after 4 or 5 pints was commonplace, now it is seen as heinous behaviour by most; there is a similar change happening with phones and driving - national 'DNA' can change

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 8 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #254

Advanced Member

Not whilst the NRA exists, that organisation exerts a fantastic amount of political clout and resists absolutely any curtailing of gun 'rights', look at the row over magazine size, look at the fuss over microstamping. Why does anybody 'need' an AR15? Why does anybody 'need' frangible ammunition? Because the red neck, bubblegum chewing psychopaths in the NRA say so. But then, that's America, and they just elected our Don. Tells you all you need to know right there!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 26 2017, 07:15 AM
Post #255

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 8 2017, 12:08 PM) *
Not whilst the NRA exists, that organisation exerts a fantastic amount of political clout and resists absolutely any curtailing of gun 'rights', look at the row over magazine size, look at the fuss over microstamping. Why does anybody 'need' an AR15? Why does anybody 'need' frangible ammunition? Because the red neck, bubblegum chewing psychopaths in the NRA say so. But then, that's America, and they just elected our Don. Tells you all you need to know right there!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39082465

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 26 2017, 08:19 AM
Post #256

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 26 2017, 07:15 AM) *

Fascinating insight, these post truth pseudo analysis reports. Like the one I've seen for West Berkshire going against the trend in the referendum. Apparently it was because there were too many options on ballot paper and West Berkshire people can't cope with choice.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 1 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #257

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 7 2016, 02:58 PM) *
If Trump wins, you can kiss goodbye to the planet. But maybe pulling out of the Paris agreement won't be quite as easy as he makes out.

Oh.....A politician that keeps his word. Worlds media reacts in horror.... I personally don't agree with him but he was elected to do so.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #258

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 1 2017, 10:11 PM) *
Oh.....A politician that keeps his word. Worlds media reacts in horror.... I personally don't agree with him but he was elected to do so.

And the people who elected him ie; those in the heartland will be overjoyed. Go Donald! Nice to see him keeping promises.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 24 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 10:36 PM) *
And the people who elected him ie; those in the heartland will be overjoyed. Go Donald! Nice to see him keeping promises.

#rocketman #dotard. This is fun. Boom!!! When will the Dotard strike at the Rocketman? Will he tweet it? Conventional weapons. Cruise missile strike on all the Rocketmans launch and Nuclear sites and a MOAB on pyong palace? What will be the response? An attack on Seoul or a Nuclear strike against the US??? Better get your iodine sorted.🚀😱

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 24 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #260

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 24 2017, 04:49 PM) *
#rocketman #dotard. This is fun. Boom!!! When will the Dotard strike at the Rocketman? Will he tweet it? Conventional weapons. Cruise missile strike on all the Rocketmans launch and Nuclear sites and a MOAB on pyong palace? What will be the response? An attack on Seoul or a Nuclear strike against the US??? Better get your iodine sorted.🚀😱

Odds on favorite is that neither of them is sufficiently barking to actually start a war , ( em , was Blair and Bush ever considered mad ? ) . Maybe it is the sane ones we should fear most . Anyway both have a multitude of advisers to explain the principle of 2+2 equalling 4 , indeed if they are not up to the task they are either fired or shot depending on their respective boss .
The one that concerns me is Putin . Here is self made thug who dreams of being a global megalomaniac and would not hesitate in furthering his cause if a weakness appears in the "West's" guard .
On a positive note at least it may liven this forum up a bit . wink.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:12 AM