Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pending Drought in 2012, Should immigration be severely limited
Bloggo
post Dec 1 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

I heard on the BBC news this morning that because of the low rainfall in the summer and possibly the same this winter that we can expect a drought next year with possible shortages of supplies.
Isn't this yet another good reason to impose a real and meaningful reduction in immigration to Great Britain to protect this vital resource.
If you also consider that we don't have enough jobs to go around, the prospect of jobs loses, for those that have them, is rising, we have a over a million young people out of work and our travel infrastucture is creaking.
This country cannot support year on year unnessary population expansion and action needs to be taken soon.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Dec 1 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Guests

Did you know an anagram for "Live at the Apollo" is "eat all the evil poo"? Mr Hanky's days are numbered.

Various weather insitutions also said we'd be having snow in October and yet by all accounts it's still a "mild" autumn. If you want to use a minor water shortage as an excuse to advance an immigration policy then continue lying to yourself but I'd rather you just say "I want immigrants to go home". It's irrational to think that a few polish people are responsible for a water shortage.

Honesty is the best policy. Action does need to be taken regarding immigration but until we leave the EU we have to accept X amount of inter-EU immigrants per year.

Either that or cap families to 1.6 babies. So that means they can either have one baby and a second with a learning difficulty, or that at birth they choose which 2 limbs to amputate. I'd pick the left arm and the right leg. Then I could teach my kid to do cartwheels and it can still hop and enjoy activities which would include the use of its hand.

On Metoffice.Gov.uk, I quote on the 6-15 day forecast for London and the South East.

Remaining unsettled, with a continued risk of heavy showers and longer spells of rain along with high wind

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 1 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Dec 1 2011, 09:26 AM) *
Did you know an anagram for "Live at the Apollo" is "eat all the evil poo"? Mr Hanky's days are numbered.

Interesting, what does it mean?

Various weather insitutions also said we'd be having snow in October and yet by all accounts it's still a "mild" autumn. If you want to use a minor water shortage as an excuse to advance an immigration policy then continue lying to yourself but I'd rather you just say "I want immigrants to go home". It's irrational to think that a few polish people are responsible for a water shortage.

I'm not lying to myelf or looking for an excuse. I am simply raising the question regarding the potential water shortage next year as reported by the BBC and asking if it is true, is it reasonable that we should be sharing a dwindling resource with ever more immigrants.
I never said that any one should be sent home and I also never identified any particular race as being responsible.

Honesty is the best policy. Action does need to be taken regarding immigration but until we leave the EU we have to accept X amount of inter-EU immigrants per year.

That's the question I am asking but also saying that should we continue to be constrained by EU directives that harm our country.

Either that or cap families to 1.6 babies. So that means they can either have one baby and a second with a learning difficulty, or that at birth they choose which 2 limbs to amputate. I'd pick the left arm and the right leg. Then I could teach my kid to do cartwheels and it can still hop and enjoy activities which would include the use of its hand.

Most amusing.

On Metoffice.Gov.uk, I quote on the 6-15 day forecast for London and the South East.

Yes, the reports are full of contradictions.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Dec 1 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

Either that or cap families to 1.6 babies. So that means they can either have one baby and a second with a learning difficulty...

Delightful. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Blake
post Dec 1 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 75

Yes, we should. We are already massively overpopulated, both in Britain and in the wider world.

This water shortage is nothing. Resource wars are already being fought, especially in Africa over the routing of the Nile. A worrying prospect.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Dec 1 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

Water , money , jobs ,they are all a diminishing entity but why the surprise ? Most of the ails that effect this country today were aired 25 years ago but no one listened , well no one who was in a position to do anything , so now the populace is waking up to the fact that the good times are over.....for ever . Yes it can and will get worse and water shortage is probably the most worrying aspect of them all. I do not have the figures to hand but the amount of water required to sustain a single person for a year in the developed world in frightening . I am not talking about 3 baths a day or the use of the dish washer but the volumes needed to grow food, run industry and a hundred and one things that don't immediately come to mind but still use the elixir of life .
Makes the debacle over public sector pensions seem inconsequential .

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Dec 1 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #7

Guests

Water shortage.

On the rain home; rain and puddles.

Ergo.

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Dec 1 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

Would it be ok if they came in to build desalination plants?

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Dec 1 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Dec 1 2011, 05:49 PM) *
Ergo.

Ergo...?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 1 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Is it perhaps no surprise that since 2004 we have around an extra 500,000 immigrants doing low paid jobs and youth unemployment has doubled to around 1,000,000? The rationalé seems to be we need more people to pay tax to finance the elderly, but surely that policy isn't sustainable? Meanwhile; our council and government are eagerly awaiting building projects to get under way to create more jobs (I wonder how many will be locally sourced) and grow the economy. Saying all that, is it morally correct to decide who has a comfortable life judged simply on the luck of being born here? It is a conundrum.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Dec 1 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Dec 1 2011, 06:24 PM) *
Would it be ok if they came in to build desalination plants?

In theory it's the way forward but looking at it objectively it is intrinsically floored in as much that the energy requirement to operate is high in relation to output. Also the environmental impact of such developments may be politically unacceptable.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Dec 1 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (lordtup @ Dec 1 2011, 08:47 PM) *
In theory it's the way forward but looking at it objectively it is intrinsically floored in as much that the energy requirement to operate is high in relation to output. Also the environmental impact of such developments may be politically unacceptable.

The cost of desalinated water is comparable to that of potable water from rivers and boreholes. If desalination plants were powered with wind turbines then the ecconomics might not be too bad at all.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Bofem
post Dec 1 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 924

Hmmm...this might have something to do with it.

There's enough water for all of us on the planet, it's just in the wrong place and too heavy to transport around.

When the water industry was privatised, they gave each of these companies a regional monopoly, instead of creating a market where we pay for what we use.

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Dec 1 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Dec 1 2011, 09:04 PM) *
The cost of desalinated water is comparable to that of potable water from rivers and boreholes. If desalination plants were powered with wind turbines then the ecconomics might not be too bad at all.

What about wave power? The tale of Salter's Duck, wherein the Tories held secret meetings, fiddled the figures whilst starving the developers of funds and finally lied about the end cost, just to have an excuse to stop it is particularly shameful. Clive Grove-Palmer resigned over the affair and it was later discovered that the (false) report was compiled by a team working from within the Atomic Energy Authority.

Start Here

then here..

Green, but true

+Quote Post
HJD
post Dec 2 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

Your not Jeremy Clarksons long lost love child by any chance are you ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Dec 2 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Dec 1 2011, 09:04 PM) *

In theory admiral , in practise when the wind doesn't blow the rainfall is low .
Sorry I didn't mean to sound poetic.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Dec 2 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (lordtup @ Dec 2 2011, 05:45 PM) *
In theory admiral , in practise when the wind doesn't blow the rainfall is low .
Sorry I didn't mean to sound poetic.

Ah, good point, I hadn't thought of that.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Dec 3 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

We just bought a collie dog to act as a guard dog for the estate, bloody useless, lets everyone in ! Turns out its a UK border Collie.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Dec 3 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #19

Guests

QUOTE (HJD @ Dec 2 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Your not Jeremy Clarksons long lost love child by any chance are you ! laugh.gif

I wish. No, that's just the type of thing I naturally say; why, should I make a career on the BBC out of it? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Dec 4 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

1,000,000 youth unemployed is not a result of 500,000 immigrants - it's the result of an economic recession. If the banking crisis and credit crunch had not happened we would probably be needing more immigrants (Brits just don't breed enough to provide the workforce of the future).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:22 AM