Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bin Collections
gel
post Dec 4 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

Though we had our black wheelie bins emptied, & green recycling baskets on the due day, the Green Wheelie Bin remains unemptied; same for you?

WBC website says they are one day behind in rural areas, so that should have seen them arrive Friday;
I fear will now be another 2 weeks wait.

Website states that in rural areas vehicles may have trouble getting through; this would be fair enough,
but makes no sense if the other 2 vehicles got through on due day, at normal time. angry.gif angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Dec 4 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (gel @ Dec 4 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Though we had our black wheelie bin, & green recycling baskets on the due day, the Green Wheelie Bin remains unemptied; same for you?

WBC website says they are one day behind in rural areas, so that should have seen them arrive Friday;
I fear will now be another 2 weeks wait.

Website states that in rural areas vehicles may have trouble getting through; this would be fair enough,
but makes no sense if the other 2 vehicles got through on due day, at normal time. angry.gif angry.gif

Yep, we've had the same problems. No collection for our green bins or black bins either yesterday, when it was due to be collected, or today. They collected the bins from houses further down our road but not our little section of houses! Why? We're not on a hill!

The gritters have also decided to only grit part of our road as well. Did we do something wrong?!!? angry.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 4 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Guests

We live in Newbury and I was out freezing my bits off bagging up the recycling and putting our rubbish out on Thursday night for Friday's collection.

Didn't happen!

Still there and our road is very narrow so whilst what pavement there is is full of rubbish. there are only a few places I can park and get the back door of the car open to get the baby out.

Not impressed!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 5 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

The weather has not been anywhere near bad enough to justify non collection. User23 you're normally first up to tell us why our complaints are unreasonable, what justification is there for this?

+Quote Post
gel
post Dec 5 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

From WBC www

Due to the snow conditions and sub-zero temperatures, numerous properties; mainly in untreated residential roads, have not been accessible for waste collections yesterday (Thursday 2nd) or today (Friday 3rd). As the temperature is not expected to rise and icy road conditions have been forecasted for the weekend, these properties will be able to put out reasonable quantities of excess garden waste (in open top bags) for collection on Thursday 16th and Friday the 17th of December respectively. Collections for Monday the 6th will be attempted as scheduled. Any updates will be posted here

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 5 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 5 2010, 02:03 AM) *
The weather has not been anywhere near bad enough to justify non collection. User23 you're normally first up to tell us why our complaints are unreasonable, what justification is there for this?

I would imagine Veolia will be getting a right rollicking from WBC tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 5 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (gel @ Dec 5 2010, 08:21 AM) *
From WBC www

Due to the snow conditions and sub-zero temperatures, numerous properties; mainly in untreated residential roads, have not been accessible for waste collections yesterday (Thursday 2nd) or today (Friday 3rd). As the temperature is not expected to rise and icy road conditions have been forecasted for the weekend, these properties will be able to put out reasonable quantities of excess garden waste (in open top bags) for collection on Thursday 16th and Friday the 17th of December respectively. Collections for Monday the 6th will be attempted as scheduled. Any updates will be posted here

Gel, what's your point?

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 5 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 5 2010, 02:03 AM) *
Unless you've inspected every road in West Berkshire on every day of collection, including all the rural lanes leading to isolated houses I would say you're being a tad unfair there.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Dec 5 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

On Thursday morning the bin lorry was attempting to collect from my road and was sliding down the hill faster than it could get up the ice was that bad.
It was downright dangerous.
If there was an accident due to collecting in these conditions who would be the first to complain?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Dec 6 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

I have to say that both Thatcham and Stockcross appear unaffected by these issues. I haven't heard too many complaints about the winter weather this time around, council have definately done better than last year.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 6 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Dec 5 2010, 08:37 PM) *
On Thursday morning the bin lorry was attempting to collect from my road and was sliding down the hill faster than it could get up the ice was that bad.
It was downright dangerous.
If there was an accident due to collecting in these conditions who would be the first to complain?

But I live in Newbury, on a flat road, near the town centre and there was no ice on the road as a friendly neighbour had salted the whole road.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 6 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Dec 6 2010, 12:33 PM) *
But I live in Newbury, on a flat road, near the town centre and there was no ice on the road as a friendly neighbour had salted the whole road.

Bill, you're admirably placed to access Streetcare for an explanation. Why don't you?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 6 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 6 2010, 12:42 PM) *
Bill, you're admirably placed to access Streetcare for an explanation. Why don't you?

I have and am awaiting their response.

As I said, our road is very narrow and it could be the case that access was not possible due to a delivey truck or the such like, I just hope it is put right at Veolia's first possible opportunity, hopefully today.........

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 6 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Dec 6 2010, 01:16 PM) *
I have and am awaiting their response.

As I said, our road is very narrow and it could be the case that access was not possible due to a delivey truck or the such like, I just hope it is put right at Veolia's first possible opportunity, hopefully today.........

Credit where it's due, I think they have settled in and are doing a good job.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 6 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 6 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Credit where it's due, I think they have settled in and are doing a good job.

If by "they" you mean Veolia, I agree that in general they have been very reliable, it's just the occassional missed collection that needs an explanation and swift remedy.

+Quote Post
gel
post Dec 6 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Dec 6 2010, 01:22 PM) *
If by "they" you mean Veolia, I agree that in general they have been very reliable, it's just the occassional missed collection that needs an explanation and swift remedy.

The problem is (as per my cut & paste from WBC website) that we will not get a swift remedy.
Though ordinary wheelie bin services seem better/more resilient at catching up,
they seem to give up fairly easily re the green wheelie bins for some reason.

WBC website today says normal collections are now resumed (as I feel they could have been Friday),
so all those missed last week, tough s****t. For green collections it's a 2 week wait therefore ie week commencing 13/12.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 6 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (gel @ Dec 6 2010, 03:57 PM) *
The problem is (as per my cut & paste from WBC website) that we will not get a swift remedy.
Though ordinary wheelie bin services seem better/more resilient at catching up,
they seem to give up fairly easily re the green wheelie bins for some reason.

WBC website today says normal collections are now resumed (as I feel they could have been Friday),
so all those missed last week, tough s****t. For green collections it's a 2 week wait therefore ie week commencing 13/12.

Our road isn't big enough for wheelie bins, so it's just stacked on the little bit of pavement we have in plasic bags and recycling baskets.

+Quote Post
wahian
post Dec 6 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 652

Though Richard G suggests Thatcham was unaffected by these issues, there must be hundreds of homes in Thatcham that didn't have their black bins emptied at the end of the week, or Saturday. Thus my now full bin is waiting for next Friday to see if they turn up this week.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Dec 6 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

Wahian, what part of Thatcham do you live in? I'm happy to look into it for you to see when they will be out to collect it?

+Quote Post
wahian
post Dec 7 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 652

Thank you Richard but I expect things will be back to normal with our Friday collection.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:51 PM