Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A new low for David Cameron's PMQs
Andy Capp
post Jan 6 2016, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

I watched David Cameron's performance today and thought it little better than a disgrace to his office. The sooner the country is rid of this condescending and smarmy individual the better. While I still believe the Monster Raving Tories are the least bad option for government, he does nothing to help promote a more sober debate.

While I used to be a bit of a fan of his, I am now developing that often read about emotion of his having a face one would like to punch; him and his oppo: Osborne.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jan 6 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 6 2016, 03:22 PM) *
I watched David Cameron's performance today and thought it little better than a disgrace to his office. The sooner the country is rid of this condescending and smarmy individual the better. While I still believe the Monster Raving Tories are the least bad option for government, he does nothing to help promote a more sober debate.

While I used to be a bit of a fan of his, I am now developing that often read about emotion of his having a face one would like to punch; him and his oppo: Osborne.

Why not join me in Labour and support Jeremy Corbyn's effort to make the Party more of an inclusive grass-roots social movement and generally make politics more dignified and cerebral than the bun-fight we currently have. Make politics about the issues not the personalities, and accept that people can think differently about things while still sharing a common desire to see social justice.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jan 6 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 6 2016, 03:22 PM) *
I watched David Cameron's performance today and thought it little better than a disgrace to his office. The sooner the country is rid of this condescending and smarmy individual the better. While I still believe the Monster Raving Tories are the least bad option for government, he does nothing to help promote a more sober debate. While I used to be a bit of a fan of his, I am now developing that often read about emotion of his having a face one would like to punch; him and his oppo: Osborne.

So; you want to get rid of him and have Corbyn then?

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 6 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jan 6 2016, 07:01 PM) *
Why not join me in Labour and support Jeremy Corbyn's effort to make the Party more of an inclusive grass-roots social movement and generally make politics more dignified and cerebral than the bun-fight we currently have. Make politics about the issues not the personalities, and accept that people can think differently about things while still sharing a common desire to see social justice.

Under Corbyns? What? The Trotskyite cabal? Agree with me or your out? That's your version of Democracy is it? Jesus!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jan 6 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Actually grass roots put the Tories back in power because the didn't want leftish Labour.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 6 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I believe we are a centre right country, but I don't think elections truly reflect the preference of the nation.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 7 2016, 07:20 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 6 2016, 07:58 PM) *
Under Corbyns? What? The Trotskyite cabal? Agree with me or your out? That's your version of Democracy is it? Jesus!

Actually, it was the other way round. Corbyn was quite happy about dissent; but the 'dissenters' don't seem to like anyone opposing them! Not really surprising that the ex Blair supporters still hold his mantra 'my way or highway'. Democracy is about consensus.

And anyway, don't you want your representative to actually represent the real views of the party they support? Very much looks as if Jeremy Corbyn wants Labour MPs to act as Labour MPs. Now that's very different from what we've had for the past decade or so, where no matter what lable, all MPs have been Tory!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 7 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

One will not remain as a leader for very long if one doesn't deal with dissent. Blair didn't learn that lesson with Brown.

Random quote: “The innovator makes enemies of all those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support is forthcoming from those who would prosper under the new.” - Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 7 2016, 01:38 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Err, Joseph Stalin? Ring any bells?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 7 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 7 2016, 01:38 PM) *

In what context?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 7 2016, 04:23 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 7 2016, 01:38 PM) *

I'm not sure aligning Stalin with Corbyn's cabinet re-shuffle is a suitable comparison.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 9 2016, 11:43 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 10 2016, 01:05 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 6 2016, 09:54 PM) *
I believe we are a centre right country, but I don't think elections truly reflect the preference of the nation.

You said it AC, UKIP got 4m+ votes and one MP

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 10 2016, 01:07 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

We can't vote labour in yet, we haven't got enough money to give away or steal from pension funds and the lottery funds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 10 2016, 07:45 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jan 10 2016, 01:07 AM) *
We can't vote labour in yet, we haven't got enough money to give away or steal from pension funds and the lottery funds.

....and George O's banker mates haven't finished embesseling and salting away our national assets to their foreign chums.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jan 10 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

How quickly people forget that the cause of the recession was banker's greed.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jan 10 2016, 11:16 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

From Simon Heffer,
"The funniest thing I read about Mr Corbyn’s “reshuffle” – in which he lost more shadow ministers by accident than by design – was the claim that he stretched it out for days and announced things in the early hours to disoblige the press. Was that the best his press officer could do to justify the chaos? It proved, at least, that there are those stupid enough to believe anything.
Had it been true, it would have suggested an astonishing conceit. Hardly anyone cares about Labour, which has become a weird and unpleasant sect. Most newspapers would rather report, for the enlightenment of their readers, a church jumble sale than devote precious news pages to the antics of this utterly irrelevant cult. Even if it now has 370,000 members – half of whom appear to be malignant, Britain-hating Trotskyists who have bided their time for a political party to hijack – that still means that 64,630,000 or so people frankly couldn’t give a stuff."

I must say that while its pretty strong stuff I fail to disagree with the sentiment, I had high hopes we may have seen a rebirth of the labour party rather than the petty personality cult it had slipped into, and given the right policy and message it may have seen a whole new age of British politics. However, this lot really are some of the most distasteful and poisonous politicians I have ever seen! Bordering on the downright dangerous in regard to security. I fervently hope that this is a blip on the screen and the current lunacy comes to an abrupt end.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 10 2016, 11:55 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jan 10 2016, 11:16 PM) *
From Simon Heffer,
"The funniest thing I read about Mr Corbyn’s “reshuffle” – in which he lost more shadow ministers by accident than by design – was the claim that he stretched it out for days and announced things in the early hours to disoblige the press. Was that the best his press officer could do to justify the chaos? It proved, at least, that there are those stupid enough to believe anything.
Had it been true, it would have suggested an astonishing conceit. Hardly anyone cares about Labour, which has become a weird and unpleasant sect. Most newspapers would rather report, for the enlightenment of their readers, a church jumble sale than devote precious news pages to the antics of this utterly irrelevant cult. Even if it now has 370,000 members – half of whom appear to be malignant, Britain-hating Trotskyists who have bided their time for a political party to hijack – that still means that 64,630,000 or so people frankly couldn’t give a stuff."

I must say that while its pretty strong stuff I fail to disagree with the sentiment, I had high hopes we may have seen a rebirth of the labour party rather than the petty personality cult it had slipped into, and given the right policy and message it may have seen a whole new age of British politics. However, this lot really are some of the most distasteful and poisonous politicians I have ever seen! Bordering on the downright dangerous in regard to security. I fervently hope that this is a blip on the screen and the current lunacy comes to an abrupt end.

I so hope the moron party continue to self destruct, they'll get no RIP from me. Good riddance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 11 2016, 08:47 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jan 10 2016, 11:55 PM) *
I so hope the moron party continue to self destruct, they'll get no RIP from me. Good riddance.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

Wait 'till the Tory Party really starts on Europe. It hasn't managed to become one of the oldest political parties in the world by being nice.

Know your place.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 11 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Commissar Corbyns party now SO toxic his front benches are bailing out! I suppose they wish to distance themselves from the debacle and try to retain some political credibility.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:25 AM